What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Caddy revisited - the guy won't budge (1 Viewer)

willjohnson33

Footballguy
Original post mentioned two offers from this guyCaddy/DJ or LehmanJJArrington/2.04/2.06orCaddyJJArrington/2.04His 2.04 is up and it is likely to go LB/LB/LB for the next three picks because he needs help at LB and the guy at 2.05 does as well. I have 3.02 but I am not sure who will fall to me there.This is 12 team dynasty and LB really makes me nervous. Starting requirementsDLx2 LBx2 DBx2 and 2 Flex (most go with 4LB/2DB but sometimes 3/3)LBN.Barnett/V.Hobson/D.Thornton/C.June/D.Williams/T.Lehman/D.Pope/P.Tinoisamo//J.Foreman/N.DiggsRBT.Barber/C.Portis/D.Rhodes/J.Wells/J.Chatman/C.Cobbs/C.Buckhalter/M.MooreShould I cut bait with DJ since he is going to be a SSB and try to get both the 2.04 and 2.06 or do I just go with option b and get DJohnson or do I just hold tight with caddy and hope DJ pans out.Thanks again

IMO I keep Caddy. I like him a lot more than Arrington. Your LBs are not that bad. You can't even be sure than DJ will suffer statistically.There is no guarantee that Derrick Johnson or Davis, Ruud, Thurman or any of the others will perform better than the youngsters you have. I'd be just as happy to see if one of those guys feel to 3.02 or at worst take Crowder there. Too much quality rookie LBs this year to even think about trading away a guy like Caddy.Stock up on Crowder, Fincher, Mitchell, Burnett, Ware, etc later in the draft.

IMO I keep Caddy. I like him a lot more than Arrington. Your LBs are not that bad. You can't even be sure than DJ will suffer statistically.

There is no guarantee that Derrick Johnson or Davis, Ruud, Thurman or any of the others will perform better than the youngsters you have. I'd be just as happy to see if one of those guys feel to 3.02 or at worst take Crowder there. Too much quality rookie LBs this year to even think about trading away a guy like Caddy.

Stock up on Crowder, Fincher, Mitchell, Burnett, Ware, etc later in the draft.
I agree. Keep Caddy.If he is still available after the draft I might go after Gilbert Gardner as the handcuff to June. Gardner might just end up winning the battle in training camp this year.

My 2 cents

Ya, just keep Caddy and those LBs and be happy with it.FWIW, you never know how a draft will go. See my SFL thread. I traded down just 3 spots and thought the guys between would go all offense. I nearly missed my guy.

Are you planning to grab LBs at 2.04/2.06?I'd think DJ is worth as much as any LB in this draft. You don't know how any of these rookie LBs will pan out, and Lehman has got nice upside. In general, you'd be trading the kind of guy you could have picked last year at 2.04 for a similar guy you could take this year. That doesn't make much sense since the guys from last year are 1 year farther ahead on the developmental scale. The difference between Caddy and Arrington to me is a pretty huge gap as well. A gap that requires more than rookie LB or 2nd round draft pick to close. Barnett, whichever Colt starts at WLB, DJ, and Lehman should be a solid starting 4 anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread