What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynamic Draft Dominator (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
Test driving this thing now and am very impressed. This attempts to do what all of us people that use Dynamic Drafting techniques do. Bruce Henderson has outdone himself here. I think everybody is going to be very pleased with how this helps you draft.

woo hoo!!!!!!The DD is THE best FF tool that I have ever seen/used.I can't wait to see the DDD. cheers :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
Now this should be what it's all about. The static VBD DD still leaves something to be desired and this should be it. SWEEEETTT!!!!

Test driving this thing now and am very impressed. This attempts to do what all of us people that use Dynamic Drafting techniques do. Bruce Henderson has outdone himself here. I think everybody is going to be very pleased with how this helps you draft.
So, I'm assuming that this program will factor in:A. Which players you've already drafted.B. Which players your competition has already drafted.C. Make relevant VBD calculations as the supply and demand of available players at different positions fluctuates.What more could anyone want?

Computers are taking over the hobby world. Next thing you know they'll have computers that find the best fishing spots.Friday, you say? :ph34r:

Fantasy Fishing? Don't tempt me. I actually considered Fantasy Nascar this year.Would Dale Jr or Jeff Gordon be best suited for my Flex position?

Heck, if you only need a laptop for drafting, buzz out to a local computer show and get an old one for around $50. That'll usually have Windows 98 on it with enough juice to run Excel....which doesn't take much.And you don't have to worry about spilling beer on it. I own 3 laptops now, since after a little incident with the cheese dip and my work laptop at last year's draft, I threw together one for the sole reason of drafting. :nerd:

Okay, that cinches it... I'm getting a laptop.
I used mine last year in route to a 16-1 championship. We are having our annual meeting tonight to discuss rule changes, draft order and to vote whether or not to go to an auction format. I can almost guarantee that "no laptops" will be on top of the list.

That clinches it for me too. I'm getting a lapdance :P Unfortunately, here in Indianapolis the State Fair is going on and all those barns and buildings have cows and sheep in them right now instead of computer stuf, so getting a laptop at a 'fair' may be postponed. Now a lapdance.... that's a WHOLE new Ballgame ;)

That clinches it for me too. I'm getting a lapdance :P Unfortunately, here in Indianapolis the State Fair is going on and all those barns and buildings have cows and sheep in them right now instead of computer stuf, so getting a laptop at a 'fair' may be postponed. Now a lapdance.... that's a WHOLE new Ballgame ;)
i would NOT recommend getting a lapdance at a fair. :bag:

sweet... will it also calculate adjusted salary values too??and computers are nice and all, but still a bit to be sadi for getting a guy you like to cheer for and being a fan too!! I am so ashamed

holy #$*% Mission control, we have lift off. I cannot wait to try it. I only hope nobody in my league has it. One guy has started boasting that he has a program to aid in his draft. I hope it ain't the DD with dynamic capabilities.

droolman drafting is just getting easier and easier, first VBD spreadsheets, then DD last year, now DDD this year. Kind of takes the fun out of it but I've got a lot of money invested to bring it on!!

Three cheers for Bruce Henderson!!! :banned: :banned: :banned:

Great work on these programs! :thumbup: :thumbup: The hardest part about drafting to me is knowing when to go with starters vs key backups because VBD doesn't really apply. Is this incorporated into Dynamic Drafting?

I just know I'm going to spend the whole day at work Friday toying with DDD. I do believe the Footballguys are trying to get me fired....releasing it on a Friday morning. Evil. :devil:

Anyone looking for a PDA -- I have a barely used, but slightly scratched PDA - Palm IIIe with keyboard. If someone needs it just for draft -- it might be a good investment.

I use a Mac, so unless i get Virtual PC I'm screwed :angry: . Has anyone written an Excel Draft MaNager type utility? I badly need one to manage our auction this year and I can NOT write the Excel app. I paid for my subscription this year and probably always will, but I REALLY wish someone could port the dominator for Cocoa or Javascripr or something that I can run on a mac!

So, I'm assuming that this program will factor in:A. Which players you've already drafted.B. Which players your competition has already drafted.C. Make relevant VBD calculations as the supply and demand of available players at different positions fluctuates.What more could anyone want?
You'd be assuming right... :excited:

What more could anyone want?
You'd be assuming right... :excited:

Damn Bruce. Now I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. Got the DDD tomorrow and my WCOFF draft position selection on Saturday. My heart can't take any more anticipation. :o

Friday morning begins at 12:01 AM EST, right?
:lol: lol yes... but it ends 12 hours later, so it may not be there right away. Besides, I would rather have David finish testing it so I know that its solid. So while I really want it... I can wait for them to ensure quality.

man drafting is just getting easier and easier, first VBD spreadsheets, then DD last year, now DDD this year. Kind of takes the fun out of it but I've got a lot of money invested to bring it on!!
Lumpy it still just comes down to the projections. When we invent software that can predict the future (something along the lines of "trade Priest in Week 13 before he blows out the hip") -- then it will take the fun out of it! Until then I think we're safe!

Bruce and I spent the day tweaking things and I can say that I am very pleased with this effort. We can't tell you how it works completely as our competitors would love to hear the logic behind it. But let's just say you can have a mock draft with it and it works great.It does not breakdown like a static baseline does.Bruce is working to incorporate the latest projections (just released tonight) into the app. We are excited to hear everyone's comments as we think we have hit a homerun here. I will stay up late and post as soon as Bruce can get it to me. This feels like Christmas Eveand yes this is a Subscriber only feature since it was released after August 1st.

Oh man, I'm as happy as a little girl. Talk about value for your subscription. Constantly updated projections, very informative articles, hot off the wire news, SoS projections, accessible programmers and website hosts who actually respond to your posts, a great group of sharks who provide their experienced opinions...what more could a guy want in a fantasy football site?

I can hardly wait....I'm closing on a new house tomorrow :) , and I'm going to have to get them moving :boxing: so I can get my computer moved in and check out the coolest new toy of the day.....DDD!!!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

I got goose bumps all over!!! The laptop is not staying at home for sure now!!! Even if I have to run a 100 ft extension cord its going to be at the draft table with me for this tool!!! !2:47am my time and counting the seconds until its released. Bruce you have out don yourself this time, we are forever in your debt!!! You too David (can't leave you out). Glad I paid my $20 early and I'll gladly pay it each and every year to come as things from you guys keep getting better each year!

Bruce just sent it to me. I need to tweak a few things on some pages and post on the site. Should be 25 minutes from now.

Bruce just sent it to me. I need to tweak a few things on some pages and post on the site. Should be 25 minutes from now.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!I knew I stayed up for a reason!!!! :thumbup: :D :shock:

Absolutely amazing is all i have to say about it. The way it cycles through the player list, highlighting the player who gives the most value to my team based not only on my previous picks, not only on their projected stats for the year, but also on how many of each position will be gone by my next pick nearly brings tears to my eyes. All hail football guys, kings of the draft. Seriously, I have mock drafted my league twice, and both times the DDD has come through and given me an incredible team. I can't wait to use this on my draft. Like i said, 20 bucks for this and all the other stuff y'all provide is a steal!

No comments yet? Where is the love? LOL. Seriously there is some brain power invested in this thing. A big thanks to Bruce Henderson who tolerated 2 hour long phone calls every day this week so that we could hammer this out. Let the other sites tell you they have a better drafting tool. I know better.

:shock: All I have to say is....I'm almost speechless! This is above and beyond what I thought I would have for my draft this year. I am sitting pretty in a keeper league with this tool and Tomlinson, Alxeander, Harrison, and Manning on my team (all but Manning aquired throught trades) and I own picks 1.01 and 1.05!!!! Can you say repeat!!!!! I gotta be the first to say it again I love footballguys!!!!! You guys are the best!!!!

Mr. Dodds - Visine will not help my eyes during my 9:00 AM presentation but I swear this was worth staying up for! I've used someone else's "dynamic tool" but there is no comparison. The ease of use is superb. I just ran a mock draft that was very realistic for my league parameters and league mates. MUCH LOVE from me! Mr. Henderson you have out done yourself again. You guys have really set the bar high and as a VERY happy customer I say thanks!

No comments yet? Where is the love? LOL. Seriously there is some brain power invested in this thing. A big thanks to Bruce Henderson who tolerated 2 hour long phone calls every day this week so that we could hammer this out. Let the other sites tell you they have a better drafting tool. I know better.
A Huge thanks to you and Bruce. The dynamic draft dominator is amazing! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread