What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which DL would u choose (1 Viewer)

#1Vikingfann

Footballguy
OK all you IDP gurus... I need to fill one last slot on my DL. Who do you think will produce better fantasy stats between Matt Roth (MIA) and N.D Kalu (PHI). I hear Kalu may beat out McDougle for the starting RE job in PHI... while Matt Roth could start at LE or play OLB in 3-4... not sure. Any insight would be much appreciated!!

OK all you IDP gurus... I need to fill one last slot on my DL. Who do you think will produce better fantasy stats between Matt Roth (MIA) and N.D Kalu (PHI). I hear Kalu may beat out McDougle for the starting RE job in PHI... while Matt Roth could start at LE or play OLB in 3-4... not sure. Any insight would be much appreciated!!
Training camps havent even started yet. Kalu vs McDougle is still up in the air.

I think you have to pencil in ND Kalu as the starter right now in Philadelphia, if for no other reason than McDougle has spent the better part of 2 seasons in the training room, and has shown little when he has played. Burgess really overshadowed him down the stretch last season when both were healthy. Kalu won't hold up well against the run, though, and I think the Eagles would really like to see McDougle step up. It probably won't take much for Kalu to lose the job. But he's been fairly productive alongside Kearse in the past - 39 tackles and 6 1/2 sacks in 2003 - which was good for a top 20 finish. My personal feeling is that McDougle stays healthy and has a nice year.Matt Roth is similar in that nearly all of his fantasy value will come from his pass rush rather than run support. He's currently behind only Vonnie Holliday, and is only one injury from cracking the starting lineup. Injuries and Holliday go hand in hand, and Roth could put up some very nice numbers opposite Jason Taylor.

Since you'll be adding either for depth alone, I'd go for the higher upside potential in Roth. Even an easier decision if you're in a dynasty league.

Users who are viewing this thread