What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LB Carlos Polk SD likely out for season (1 Viewer)

Polk was no lock to start anyway, was he? Ourlads listed Leber as the starter opposite Steve Foley, with Merriman a backup. I would imagine Merriman now has less competition for the gig, that's about it.

According to our Chargers Team Report, Polk wasn't even a backup expected to play a major role.

Polk was no lock to start anyway, was he? Ourlads listed Leber as the starter opposite Steve Foley, with Merriman a backup. I would imagine Merriman now has less competition for the gig, that's about it.

According to our Chargers Team Report, Polk wasn't even a backup expected to play a major role.
No, you're right, he wasn't going to start, but anytime you lose someone where you are already thin, and (besides the sack numbers of Foley), lacking production, it adds pressure on everyone else.It also happens that the Chargers invested the 12th pick in this years draft to help out in this precise area, and to put it kindly, he hasn't had smoothest sailing with the team thus far. It is noteworthy for those in IDP dynasty leagues.

Edit: Wood, feel free to move this to IDP or delete it complety if you wish.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Yahoo..
Chargers LB Polk suffers torn left Achilles tendon June 16, 2005SAN DIEGO (Ticker) - San Diego Chargers backup linebacker and special teams standout Carlos Polk suffered a torn left Achilles tendon during an offseason workout session on Wednesday and may miss the entire 2005 season, the team announced on Thursday. The Chargers medical staff projects a six to nine month recovery period for Polk, making mid-December the earliest time for a possible return. San Diego can place Polk on injured reserve, which would make him ineligible to play in 2005. If he gets placed on the physically-unable-to-perform list, then Polk would be required to miss at least half the season. A fourth-round pick in 2001, Polk served as a backup at both the inside and outside linebacker positions and starred on special teams in his first two seasons with the Chargers. However, last season he missed 15 games due to a shoulder injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Polk probably wouldn't have made the team this year. It's too bad he's hurt 'cause he's a great special teams player who probably would have caught on with another team in that capacity. But the Chargers are probably too deep at LB for Polk to have made the roster there. D.Edwards and R.Godfrey will start inside, with Stephen Cooper and Matt Wilhelm backing them up. Steve Foley and one of Ben Leber / Shaun Phillips / Shawne Merriman will start outside. I don't think I see a place for Polk unless they could have kept him just as a special teamer.

Users who are viewing this thread