What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Staley going to the Bears? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRIDIRON ASSASSIN

Footballguy
I have unimpeachable inside sources in the Bears inner circle, and the word is that Staley is gonna be sprinting up and down the field in Soldier Field this year.

I have unimpeachable inside sources in the Bears inner circle, and the word is that Staley is gonna be sprinting up and down the field in Soldier Field this year.
I hope he's fast enough to get around your starting Tackle, Aaron Gibson. Seriously though, if Staley were to end up in Chicago, he wouldn't be any better than Thomas or Peterson. He's never had a "burst" and if it's possible, he's slower than A-train. BTW- "Inside sources" who aren't named, are worthless. :thumbdown:

Are your sources named John Clayton, Len Pasquarelli or Jimmy the Greek, by chance? OR are they reliable?! Fess up, GA!

BTW- "Inside sources" who aren't named, are worthless. :thumbdown:
Please, don't insult me.... I'm a Chicago Bears insider jonny bravo.By tomorrow morning, I guarantee the news will break, and you can say.... "Dang, that Assassin is ALL over it...."

If I told you LB Jeremiah Trotter would get cut by the Iggles and then signed by the Redskins, you would have scoffed at that too....Ye of little faith....

From what I seen, G.A. is the shizzle on Chi-town info.I would bet the Beras are interested, but it won't do them any good - Duce aint all that talented.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

From what I seen, G.A. is the shizzle on Chi-town info.I would bet the Beras are interested, but it won't do them any good - Duce aint all that talented.
couldn't have "said" it better myself. :lol:

BTW- "Inside sources" who aren't named, are worthless. :thumbdown:
Please, don't insult me.... I'm a Chicago Bears insider jonny bravo.By tomorrow morning, I guarantee the news will break, and you can say.... "Dang, that Assassin is ALL over it...."
Grid,What are the Bears willing to give up? Reid has stated he will not let Staley go like he did with Trotter. Unless they get value back for Staley they are content with letting Staley sit out the whole year if he wants to.

If Staley does sit out, it means he will still be an Eagle next year. So what are you hearing on what they are trading for him?

A veteran 1000 yard back can be quite valuable.Andy Reid's unhappiness with him is well known though so the Eagles aren't likely to fetch a good return on any trade. Also some good backs are very likely cuts next year like Curtis Martin(salary goes way up). Duce wants a longer deal and if a team thinks they can get Curtis, why bother locking up Duce for so long? They'd shoot themselves in the foot, capwise.Interesting you mentioned an NFC team. I'm under the impression folks prefer to trade out of the division mid-summer. Instantly, New England came to mind.He's no savior but he'd sure seem like it to Bellichick if he could quash all the RB probs and just go out and get him a K in 2003. In the interviews and articles, Bill seems real annoyed to me.

I figured he would go somewhere.I have Staley and Buck in one no money league.I hope that := 2000 yards

LOFL at the Gridiron Assassin. He's got an inside source with the Bears. Wow, that inside source must love you blabbing all over the internet. Are you sure this guy ain't feeding you red herrings?And Dennis Miller was stealing your jokes.I don't know if I should start calling you John Nash.I'll believe it when I see it.

LOFL at the Gridiron Assassin. He's got an inside source with the Bears. Wow, that inside source must love you blabbing all over the internet. Are you sure this guy ain't feeding you red herrings?And Dennis Miller was stealing your jokes.I don't know if I should start calling you John Nash.I'll believe it when I see it.
That ####er Dennis Miller did lift the 'Curse of Eddie Kennison' and you know it JTC.I guarantee, there'll be some announcement regarding Staley by noon tomorrow.

I ain't calling out Grid but I don't see how the Eagles can go into the season with Buckhalter and Westbrook as their RB's.Unless we're moving Thomas or Peterson.

I would guess this preseason game with Peterson will be meaningful - Peterson runs well, and the Eagles could get either A-train or Peterson in return. I can't imagine moving Duce without RB depth coming back. Not if the Eagles want to make another S.B. run this year. If the Eagles do move Duce, they must have a ton of confidence in Buck and Westbrook.Before someone else noticed it, I never really checked out that avatar - maybe it's cause I'm tired from a 5 mile bike ride this afternoon, but it still gives me giggles.And, G.A. - let the others sweat you on the info - anyone who's read your posts knows whassup here. When ESPN reports that the Bears reportedly are interested in trading for Duce Staley, a lot of folks heads will come out of the sand. One more reason this board rocks - it's got an info Assassin.BTW, "inside" info doesn't mean the Bears organization is keeping a secret they don't want out - it just mean he got the news they'll release first. Last night he reported Peterson would start this wekend - the next a.m. I read the same thing on fanball. That's just one more example.

I ain't calling out Grid but I don't see how the Eagles can go into the season with Buckhalter and Westbrook as their RB's.

Unless we're moving Thomas or Peterson.
In the words of Judge Smales "You'll get nothing... and like it!"The Bears won't be giving up A-Pete or A-Train for a holdout, the Eagles have ZERO leverage on this deal dude. It's a done deal my friend.

Assassin, Doesn't this inside source know you frequent at least 10 message boards on a regular basis? Is this guy out of his mind?
Come on JTC play nice.....maybe Grid can get us some insider info on Breeders Cup Day too. Well, maybe not. ;)

I don't know that hey have no leverage - he'd have to report by like week 6 or the remaining year would roll over to next year (see Galloway from a few years back).I see a chance it gets done but I don't see much chance the Eagles don't get something back. The Bear brass may know that Thomas or Pete can't cut it.

::Gulp:: I'm counting on A-Train, Hearst or Bettis to give me a little something at one of my flex spots in my dynasty league. At least I have good WR's...GA's rep on info from Chicago is solid, I wouldn't doubt him...

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Classic. :yes:

Dude, the deal is official, and like I said, the Eagles had ZERO leverage.

The news is on http://www.chicagobears.com and also here.

WOO HOO!!!! Staley will be entertaining the masses as he runs up and down the field - with OR WITHOUT that fat sack of feces Aaron Gibson at right tackle.

Have a great night ladies!!!!

WOO HOO.... GO Bears!

It's a feel good Friday, and it's still Wednesday night!!!

Ya baby! Go Bears....

And remember..... The Gridiron Assassin is THE SOURCE for breaking Chicago Bears news.... even BEFORE the news breaks.

ciao

GRID

PS: I'll bet Staley beats out the A-Train too.

Last edited by a moderator:
ha, when i first saw the headline on the chicago page i was like, HOLY ****, he was right, and i just traded buckhalter 2 days ago cause i thot staley would get the job back, so i was kicking myself as i clicked the link, but after reading it, it got a good laugh outta me, ha, nice joke

Bears unveil new mascot "Staley"By Larry MayerSenior WriterAugust 6, 2003BOURBONNAIS, Ill. - He'll never score a touchdown or make a tackle, but the newest member of the Bears' organization will still be a valuable contributor on the field.How else would you describe "Staley," the team's new mascot who was unveiled Wednesday at training camp?Team president and CEO Ted Phillips did the honors, introducing the jersey-clad brown bear to dozens of enthusiastic children in the interactive area between practices.Upon making his entrance, Staley planted a kiss on Phillips' cheek-then promptly wiped off his lips, much to the delight of the kids."This was an idea by our marketing people," Phillips said. "They thought it was a good opportunity with the new stadium coming on board to kind of add to the fan-friendly and family-friendly atmosphere we want at the stadium."Staley will appear at every home game, including when the Bears open the new Soldier Field Sept. 29 on Monday Night Football against the Green Bay Packers. He'll perform a pre-game skit and provide sideline entertainment, but he'll also make appearances on non-game days."One of his big roles will be getting involved in community relations and being visible throughout the community with youth football efforts and other charitable efforts," Phillips said. "We think it's another extension of keeping the Bears brand and the name and the image out there in the public's eye and in the forefront of their mind."After being introduced Wednesday, Staley signed autographs, posed for photos and shook hands with children and adults. He even stood near the Olivet Nazarene University dormitories and waved to bemused players.According to Pat McCaskey, the team's director of special projects, the Bears haven't had a mascot since George Motyka dressed as a Bear through the 1984 season.Staley's name comes from the Decatur Staleys, the team's moniker when it was founded by George Halas in 1920. The organization became the Chicago Staleys in 1921 before being renamed the Chicago Bears in 1922."It seems like the kids have taken to him," Phillips said. "The name Staley has a lot of tradition and importance to the Bears family, so we thought it was appropriate."We hope he'll be a nice added value and be a lot of fun for the kids."
Definitely more value here than Duce Staley.

at least i wasn't completely lied to...
Actually, EVERYTHING I typed on this post is 100% ABSOLUTE FACT, and that's why I guaranteed there'd be an announcement. If you guys perceive things differently, you've got nobody to blame but yourselves.

I did PM the guy that was going to trade for Buckholter. I don't play mean. :)

On a serious side note, maybe Duce Staley should don the Staley uniform and start to pay off his $5,000 per day fine he's tallying up while holding out.

I was tempted let your joke out of the bag GRID. I did a search when I first saw your post, found the article, reread your post word for word, and then laughed myself silly. :thumbup:

I have read every bit of BS ever written about just anout anything eher on these boards.....have I ripped GA aboutmany things yes..but when it comes to bears info, GAis gold..find out for yourself

:thumbup:

Didn't follow the links, but knew Grid was full of it. I can't believe how many people think that Grid is The Source for Bear football. All he ever posts is opinion about Wanny (not that there is anything wrong with that).

And what is up trying to take credit for the Eddie Kennison curse. That wasn't your theory that Miller stole. That was another poster. I can't remember who it was, maybe Maximus* or Kid C. Did we ever out Miller on the ol' yeller? I can't remember.

Damn, I can't believe I have actually posted in two threads started by Grid this year already. It is like rubbernecking at a gruesome car wreck, you know it is strewn pieces of filth, but you just keep staring.

Edited to add: Quantity does not mean quality. Grid is very active in posting and very vocal about the Bears, but that does not mean he is very well informed.

Didn't follow the links, but knew Grid was full of it. I can't believe how many people think that Grid is The Source for Bear football. All he ever posts is opinion about Wanny (not that there is anything wrong with that).

And what is up trying to take credit for the Eddie Kennison curse. That wasn't your theory that Miller stole. That was another poster. I can't remember who it was, maybe Maximus* or Kid C. Did we ever out Miller on the ol' yeller? I can't remember.

Damn, I can't believe I have actually posted in two threads started by Grid this year already. It is like rubbernecking at a gruesome car wreck, you know it is strewn pieces of filth, but you just keep staring.

Edited to add: Quantity does not mean quality. Grid is very active in posting and very vocal about the Bears, but that does not mean he is very well informed.
Ahhh.... early on a Thursday morning, I beckon back to the day of Abe Lincoln, who stated:"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak

out and remove all doubt. "

Wanny and Mike McCaskey set the Bears franchise back ten years, this cannot be denied. I won't belabor the many BONEHEAD franchise moves the two twits made. Good defensive coordinator, average coach, HORRIBLE talent of personnel. The ONLY guy that he drafted, while with the Bears was Bob Sapp - and the former third round draft pick was CUT after his first training camp.

And I (and I alone) came up with the Curse of Eddie Kennison WAY before Dennis Miller's lackies surfed upon this very message board.... Many old timers can attest for this FACT.

When you're ignorant about something, remain silent S.K.A., as typing YOUR opinion removes all doubt for the fool that you really are.

Good morning. :)

Dude, the deal is official, and like I said, the Eagles had ZERO leverage.

The news is on http://www.chicagobears.com and also here.

WOO HOO!!!! Staley will be entertaining the masses as he runs up and down the field - with OR WITHOUT that fat sack of feces Aaron Gibson at right tackle.

Have a great night ladies!!!!

WOO HOO.... GO Bears!

It's a feel good Friday, and it's still Wednesday night!!!

Ya baby! Go Bears....

And remember..... The Gridiron Assassin is THE SOURCE for breaking Chicago Bears news.... even BEFORE the news breaks.

ciao

GRID

PS: I'll bet Staley beats out the A-Train too.
:bag: :thumbdown: :bag: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread