What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antonio Bryant Showing Signs Of Maturity (1 Viewer)

This is true, and I've been impressed with Bryant so far. The difference between him and guys like CJohnson and TO is that they've proved they're studs, they've earned the right to have an attitude - coaches know they have to put up with it to some degree. Bryant has been more or less a failure since a promising rookie year, so he has no right to be cocky (yet). That said, I like his upside a lot compared to the group of WRs he's being drafted around.
Well, before coming into the NFL, Bryant accomplished a lot. He was considered a top talent. Treated like a rockstar in college. People bowing down to his greatness and what not. He hasn't done anything in the pros but I would think that before he got in the NFL people let him act however he wanted to.You and I know he has no right to be cocky, but sometimes players don't blame themselves for things when they are young and continue to act like they are a superstar. Maybe he's starting to grow out of that a little bit.

Just thought I'd check in and give some of the folks in this conversation a chuckle as I found myself taking Bryant in the 12th round of a draft this past weekend. I went a bit overboard with the running backs on that squad, so Antonio is actually in the mix for some PT at my WR3 spot.Is it too late for me to repent? :D

Just thought I'd check in and give some of the folks in this conversation a chuckle as I found myself taking Bryant in the 12th round of a draft this past weekend. I went a bit overboard with the running backs on that squad, so Antonio is actually in the mix for some PT at my WR3 spot.

Is it too late for me to repent? :D
If you guys are watching him go off the board later than this you are potentially throwing away a great opportunity for someone to outperform his adp. This offense will be much better than the past two seasons, and this dude has exceptional talent that will not be wasted like in Tuna Land.

Just thought I'd check in and give some of the folks in this conversation a chuckle as I found myself taking Bryant in the 12th round of a draft this past weekend.  I went a  bit overboard with the running backs on that squad, so Antonio is actually in the mix for some PT at my WR3 spot.

Is it too late for me to repent?  :D
If you guys are watching him go off the board later than this you are potentially throwing away a great opportunity for someone to outperform his adp. This offense will be much better than the past two seasons, and this dude has exceptional talent that will not be wasted like in Tuna Land.
:) bryant has the potential to be a top 25 WR - all you have to do is look at his 2nd half #s last year to see it. thats value in the 2nd half of your draft.

I'm not disagreeing that Bryant has been playing well, but he's not even the best WR (Edwards) on his own team, not to mention a couple more decent WR's in Northcutt and Davis.
Since we've yet to see Braylon in the pros, let's just go by college. Bryant is better.Now we've seen bryant in the pros, and nothing on field is a problem, so far it's been off field. On field he's been great in limited opportunity.

Given that, I'd say he has a better chance of success right now than Braylon.

I'm not disagreeing that Bryant has been playing well, but he's not even the best WR (Edwards) on his own team, not to mention a couple more decent WR's in Northcutt and Davis.
Since we've yet to see Braylon in the pros, let's just go by college. Bryant is better.Now we've seen bryant in the pros, and nothing on field is a problem, so far it's been off field. On field he's been great in limited opportunity.

Given that, I'd say he has a better chance of success right now than Braylon.
Wanted to add from today's Palin Dealer:
Asked about not getting the ball to Bryant much yet, Dilfer said, "We're not calling plays to get guys balls. We're calling plays to install the system, so it's very hard to judge productivity on preseason. Don't worry. A.B. is going to catch plenty of balls this season."

Wow! A lot of stuff to read & a long thread. I've been on this site for 3-4 years, & one thing I've learned, is that this thing is just one of many pieces of info a guy has to look at when makin descisions about his/her team. Every thing about fantasy footall is about speculation, a gamble. One just has to access all this information into odds. Sometimes the sure thing is a sure thing, sometimes the longshot is a sure thing. it's always fun to look at some of these threads at the end of the season. Antonio Bryant isn't a sure thing, but he isn't a longshot either. Taking him late is a worthwhile gamble.

Users who are viewing this thread