Bruce Henderson

VBD Spreadsheet App

151 posts in this topic

I'm looking to more correctly enter my money league's passing yardage into the Input worksheet and was hoping you could help.

Here are the relevant rules:

- 3 bonus point(s) for 200 or more yard(s)

- 1 bonus point(s) each 10 total yards, starting with 260 yard(s)

- 2 bonus point(s) for 250 or more yard(s)

So what should I be entering?

I've been simply using "0.03" in the "Pts per Passing Yard" field but only because I'm unsure of what to do.

Thanks for your time and for a great, great app.

I'm looking to more correctly enter my money league's passing yardage into the Input worksheet and was hoping you could help.Here are the relevant rules: - 3 bonus point(s) for 200 or more yard(s) - 1 bonus point(s) each 10 total yards, starting with 260 yard(s) - 2 bonus point(s) for 250 or more yard(s)So what should I be entering?I've been simply using "0.03" in the "Pts per Passing Yard" field but only because I'm unsure of what to do.Thanks for your time and for a great, great app.

I'm assuming you get zero points until you reach the 200 yard threshold.A (very) quick look at the projections and at least 16 (1/2) of the QB's are projected to average at least 200 yards a game (16x200=3200). Very few throw for 250 (4000 yards).I would suggest that one way to do this is 0.015 pts/yard (3/200) and then a 6 point bonus for 300 yards. (4+2)

can i still not use open office calc?

I use Open Office and it works perfectly fine for me.I do have a question though...Is there a way to change the ADP? I am in a PPR league and it appears that the ADP that is listed with the players is based on standard non-ppr. When trying to decide whether to jump on a player or wait a round or two, ADP is really useful. For instance, the ppr ADP that I've seen for Jabar Gaffney is around 10.9. The ADP on the cheatsheet is 14.01. That is a huge difference.I'm hoping to be able to just use the excel sheet this year as opposed to the DD. The DD is a little hard to keep up with in a league where the draft moves kind of quickly.

I love the Projections Dominator for doing my player projections..

And, I love the VBD Spreadsheet.... just for visual Cheetsheet, and the ability to see all the players, and VBD rankings in one sheet... but.

Is there a way to import player projections from Projections Dominator into the VBD spreadsheet? Or, do I just have to enter them all in by hand?

I use Open Office and it works perfectly fine for me.
The generate spreadsheet button doesn't work for me

I have the current version installed however when I generate the cheetsheat the OVerall Column is just listing all the RB's and the Value column is messed up.

Using office 2010 macros' enabled.

Anyone? TIA.

EDIT: FIXED IT.

The flex multipliers cannot be zero. If you zero those out it causes issues.

Edited by belljr

Bruce,

In one of my leagues, WR and TE are lumped together as one position ("WR/TE"), and we start 1 RB, 3 WR/TE, and 1 flex which can be either a RB or a WR/TE. Can you help me on VBD and DD as to how to set up the flex positions?

Thanks in advance!

Bruce,In one of my leagues, WR and TE are lumped together as one position ("WR/TE"), and we start 1 RB, 3 WR/TE, and 1 flex which can be either a RB or a WR/TE. Can you help me on VBD and DD as to how to set up the flex positions?Thanks in advance!

If you set TE Starters and Roster spots = 0 they will be grouped as WR+TE. You can then set flex to 1 RB/WR/TE and your done. Edited by GoBears84

Bruce,In one of my leagues, WR and TE are lumped together as one position ("WR/TE"), and we start 1 RB, 3 WR/TE, and 1 flex which can be either a RB or a WR/TE. Can you help me on VBD and DD as to how to set up the flex positions?Thanks in advance!

If you set TE Starters and Roster spots = 0 they will be grouped as WR+TE. You can then set flex to 1 RB/WR/TE and your done.
Thanks a lot!! :fishing:

Anyone willing to run the VBD spreadsheet with the scoring system for my league and send it to me as a PDF or something? I havent played fantasy football in 3 years now and I am way out of the loop. I plan on drafting strictly by VBD.

I am a mac person, and I cant change the scoring settings, so the version I have, while helpful, is not as good as it could be. I am a subscriber, and hopefully Joe or David or someone can verify that if need be.

I'd like to delete my league's keepers from the VBD player lists.. how can I do that without messing up the formulas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just set their projections to zero.
I am in a dynasty league and we are having a rookie/free agent draft. I have set all "kept" qb and rb players (so far) to zero, however after I generate sheet the overall rankings are out of whack. For instance Kevin Kolb (a free agent in my league) has an ADP of 7.07, however Ryan Matthews who has an ADP of 2.06 is listed below Kolb in the overall.

I guess my question is, what did i do wrong and how do i fix this to show a true overall Top 60 or whatever. Basically i need an Overall that mixes in only rookies and free agents (according to keepers in my league). What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks for all your help!

I'd like to delete my league's keepers from the VBD player lists.. how can I do that without messing up the formulas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just set their projections to zero.
I am in a dynasty league and we are having a rookie/free agent draft. I have set all "kept" qb and rb players (so far) to zero, however after I generate sheet the overall rankings are out of whack. For instance Kevin Kolb (a free agent in my league) has an ADP of 7.07, however Ryan Matthews who has an ADP of 2.06 is listed below Kolb in the overall.

I guess my question is, what did i do wrong and how do i fix this to show a true overall Top 60 or whatever. Basically i need an Overall that mixes in only rookies and free agents (according to keepers in my league). What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks for all your help!

My guess is that it's something with your VBD baseline. I don;t have enough experience with deep keepr leagues to give you insight. Play with those numbers and see if it starts to make sense....

The inability to use a Mac with the VBD and DD is ridiculous, I'm not installing software to boot in pc mode just for fantasy football. You would think with all of the money being made by Joe that he would invest some into making his software more mac friendly.

I will be in a league with a starting roster of 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 Flex(RB or WR), 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 Defensive Team with 7 Bench. Our scoring is very high like a Point per Reception, bonus points for Yardages(such as 3Pts for 100 Yards rushing or receiving) along with normal standard scoring. So my question is regarding when using the Projections Dominator and Draft Dominator how do I determine which of the VBD Baseline(like the Joe's Secret, Worst Scenario, or the other few to select) to use to for this type of draft?

I will be in a league with a starting roster of 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 Flex(RB or WR), 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 Defensive Team with 7 Bench. Our scoring is very high like a Point per Reception, bonus points for Yardages(such as 3Pts for 100 Yards rushing or receiving) along with normal standard scoring. So my question is regarding when using the Projections Dominator and Draft Dominator how do I determine which of the VBD Baseline(like the Joe's Secret, Worst Scenario, or the other few to select) to use to for this type of draft?

Wow - that's out there.... I put in your setup and scoring for fun and Joe's looks reasonable. I recommend you play with them and see what makes sense to you.

The inability to use a Mac with the VBD and DD is ridiculous, I'm not installing software to boot in pc mode just for fantasy football. You would think with all of the money being made by Joe that he would invest some into making his software more mac friendly.

I'm guessing the ROI on spending money on Mac compatibility development just isn't there. There aren't enough of you out there to warrant it.

I'm guessing the ROI on spending money on Mac compatibility development just isn't there. There aren't enough of you out there to warrant it.
I can't answer for the FBG's, but from what I've read in threads where Joe or David have commented, Bruce isn't full time, though they would like to have the resources to do that. The time spent this year on APPS was on the mobile apps. It's recognized that DD needs to go to the MAC but they just haven't had the resources to devote to it yet.That's just my interpretation...

I love the Projections Dominator for doing my player projections.. And, I love the VBD Spreadsheet.... just for visual Cheetsheet, and the ability to see all the players, and VBD rankings in one sheet... but.Is there a way to import player projections from Projections Dominator into the VBD spreadsheet? Or, do I just have to enter them all in by hand?

x2I use DD with PD as my main drafting but I like the visual referential backup of the look of the simple VBD spreadsheet and would love to import the weighted PD stats into it.

Has anyone come up with a macro that will color the player names if they're on a keeper list? For example, I put my players in green, my rookies in light blue, all other taken players in red, and all other taken rookies in dark blue. For one league, that's only 36 players, but for another, it's 264 players! It would be nice if I could just have the list in a worksheet and run a macro such that if a player is on the list, it will automatically do the coloring for me.

You can do this by putting something in front of the first name of the players (I just use "x-") and then use conditional formatting in Excel to shade it whatever color you want. For me, the formatting checks if =LEFT(A1,2)="x-" and turns the field dark gray with a strike through on it.

I am currently on version D1 and have done a bit of updating to it (conditional formatting, updated stats, etc). Can I keep updating statistics for the rest of the year, or do I risk losing out on additions / deletions / updates as a result and need to keep downloading the latest version and reapplying my modifications?

Is there a simple way to make the VBD spreadsheet not have the week 17 projections in there?

I think that well over 50% of leagues don't use week 17, surely there's an option to remove those stats to get a truer value for the players in question isn't there?

Edited by Dr. No

I can't get the VBD values to match up in the Dominator. I have completed the scoring and enabled macros in the VBD. Saved it. Imported it and Andre Johnson is still 20 points lower in the Dominator than in the VBD excel file. I have also imported the scoring with the VBD file and confirmed that it matches what is in the Dominator. Seriously frustrating. If I double check by going to Set Up in Dominator after importing the VBD calculations they don't match the VBD. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Ultima Thule

I can't get the VBD values to match up in the Dominator. I have completed the scoring and enabled macros in the VBD. Saved it. Imported it and Andre Johnson is still 20 points lower in the Dominator than in the VBD excel file. I have also imported the scoring with the VBD file and confirmed that it matches what is in the Dominator. Seriously frustrating. If I double check by going to Set Up in Dominator after importing the VBD calculations they don't match the VBD. What am I doing wrong?

you are having the same problem as me.the DD is only through week 16, which is great.the VBD spreadsheets use week 17, which i wish they didn't since most leagues don't use week 17

Hello,I've used the VBD app with great success over the last few years (won the league last year). Thanks for the hard work. My question is this. I like listing the top 100, and have been able to generate the top 100 using the directions at the top of this thread in the past. I'm having trouble generating the top 100 this year. I'm using the Aug 21st update. Thanks,DD

Im having the same issue, nothing happens when I do the Edit - Fill - Series. (I'm using Excel 2000)So instead I copied the last line of the top 60 and pasted it in all the rows below, up to 100. I think it worked :unsure: but it does show 60 ranking for all of the players 61 through 100. Edited by footballnerd

you are having the same problem as me.the DD is only through week 16, which is great.the VBD spreadsheets use week 17, which i wish they didn't since most leagues don't use week 17
Any way to change this? I noticed the same discrepancy but hadn't realized the extra week was the trigger.

you are having the same problem as me.

the DD is only through week 16, which is great.

the VBD spreadsheets use week 17, which i wish they didn't since most leagues don't use week 17

Any way to change this? I noticed the same discrepancy but hadn't realized the extra week was the trigger.

Using Joe's Secret Formula as your Baseline is the root of the problem. However, you can eliminate week 17 by following the procedure outlined here.

Will the VBD app be updated today with the 9/4 projections? Thanks in advance for any info. Basically a print now or print in 4 hours question.

I use Open Office and it works perfectly fine for me.I do have a question though...Is there a way to change the ADP? I am in a PPR league and it appears that the ADP that is listed with the players is based on standard non-ppr. When trying to decide whether to jump on a player or wait a round or two, ADP is really useful. For instance, the ppr ADP that I've seen for Jabar Gaffney is around 10.9. The ADP on the cheatsheet is 14.01. That is a huge difference.I'm hoping to be able to just use the excel sheet this year as opposed to the DD. The DD is a little hard to keep up with in a league where the draft moves kind of quickly.
:goodposting:

I use the VBD app every year to help with my own projections for my drafts. However, I just tried to download the VBD app today and after entering all the variables i got an error message that says "The macro 12app_G1.xls?'!Macro1' cannot be found"

The error comes up when I click on generate cheatsheet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Does it now work on open office? i'm still not getting that to happen

I use the VBD app every year to help with my own projections for my drafts. However, I just tried to download the VBD app today and after entering all the variables i got an error message that says "The macro 12app_G1.xls?'!Macro1' cannot be found"The error comes up when I click on generate cheatsheet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you are in windows you need to enable macros. As soon as you open the spreadsheet, there should be a yellow tool bar with a Enable Macros button on it. If you are using a Mac, the Mac doesn't handle VBA macros.

Does it now work on open office? i'm still not getting that to happen

The VBD Spreadsheet App doesn't work in Open Office, because Open Office doesn't support VBA macros. I would look at the Draft Dominator for Mac instead. It is available on the Tools tab of the main page of www.footballguys.com.

I use the VBD app every year to help with my own projections for my drafts. However, I just tried to download the VBD app today and after entering all the variables i got an error message that says "The macro 12app_G1.xls?'!Macro1' cannot be found"The error comes up when I click on generate cheatsheet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I was getting this also for some reason I was not getting that box to pop up but then went in and did it under the zip file and it worked fine.

Whose projections are included in the app?Just Dodds or consensus?

VBD and DD are just Dodds...

Is the VBD app still widely used? I have made some enhancements and additions to the app and I think its really good! Is there a footballguys staffer who would be interested in reviewing it?

I still use it as my primary tool for projections and then import it ino DD. I also have customized it to include Depth Charts for RBs and WRs as well as Tiers for ranking purposes. I would like to see what you have done with it if you are interested in sharing a copy. If you want to use Drop Box or something similar, I could pick it up from there.

RR

I was actually talking to DD about it, but he appears buried in projects at this time. I really want a footballgus staffer to review it first and give their blessing or ok or how to share since this in additions to their app.

I really think it would be useful to run drafts, for personal drafts, & etc.