Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Maybe someone "in the know" can explain this to me.

My question is with the "Fantasy Points" column for "RB" in the VBD app spreadsheet.

For the "Input" sheet, my stats for points for RBs/WRs/TEs are EXACTLY the same - .1 points per receiving/rushing/return yard, 1 PPR, 6 pts per TD, -2 per fumble.

For example purposes:

Odell Beckham is listed with 10 rushing yards, 100 catches, 1430 receiving yards, 12 TDs, 1 fumble and 14 return yards.  This comes out to the number in the "Fantasy Points" column - 314.  My individual calculation of that number comes out the same.

LeVeon Bell is listed with 874 rushing yards, 42 catches, 357 receiving yards, 2 TDs (rushing and receiving) and 3 fumbles.  This comes out to the number in the "Fantasy Points" column - 241.  My individual calculation of that number comes out to 213.

I am seeing this A LOT with the RBs and cannot pinpoint the "why".

Can someone in FBGs leadership explain?

I belive I saw posted by Dodds that there is a glitch with RB projections in the VBD App currently. He promised a new fixed version by COB today. The VBD App powers the projections for all their cheatsheets and was causing RB numbers to be off there as well. There is a thread in the SP regarding cheatsheets for 2QB leagues.

If I am incorrect with this assessment I apologize, but I think I'm right.

1 minute ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

I belive I saw posted by Dodds that there is a glitch with RB projections in the VBD App currently. He promised a new fixed version by COB today. The VBD App powers the projections for all their cheatsheets and was causing RB numbers to be off there as well. There is a thread in the SP regarding cheatsheets for 2QB leagues.

If I am incorrect with this assessment I apologize, but I think I'm right.

Good info, Ruff.  I wish I had known this before my draft this past Saturday.  (Absolutely not putting blame on you!  Just bemoaning my rankings would have been off because of it.)

I'm not seeing the same glitch in the DD Classic, if you have another draft coming up I'd suggest using that instead of the static cheatsheet of VBD. But, I get why some prefer it.

Yeah, it was my only redraft.  And we're not able to use electronics during the draft, so my plan bringing a printout of the VBD "Cheat" spreadsheet.

All f'd up.

Another year, another problem.

My redraft league's starting requirements are 2QB/2RB/2WR/2TE/1 non-QB flex.  (Same as last year's was.)

Last year, there was 6 QBs in the top 60 players.

This year?  22!  The numbers in the QB worksheet look normal.

Why is this so skewed?  This is important to me as we cannot have electronics during our live draft, so it's paper only.

Hey Spike:

Sorry...just saw your post. For what it's worth, with a 10-team Superflex league, 1B/1RB/2WR/1TE/2 non-QB flex/1 QB flex, I'm seeing 20 QB's in the first 60 picks based on our scoring system. Actually, I don't think that's too far off the mark.

Last year's 6 would definitely not be close to what will happen in the draft.

RR

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:40 PM, Spike said:

Another year, another problem.

My redraft league's starting requirements are 2QB/2RB/2WR/2TE/1 non-QB flex.  (Same as last year's was.)

Last year, there was 6 QBs in the top 60 players.

This year?  22!  The numbers in the QB worksheet look normal.

Why is this so skewed?  This is important to me as we cannot have electronics during our live draft, so it's paper only.

Really, REALLY pissed off now.  I was not necessarily expecting anyone with FBGs to have seen my post on 7/12/17 (though it was nice that rrobb) weighed in) but it would have made sense to me that management WOULD check these "Classic Applications Questions" threads because, well, they're in regard to FBGs Classic Applications!!!!!!!

Anyway, I then, on 7/17/17, submitted a help desk request to FBGs.  I received a response that day telling me "Our staff of expert projectors (David Dodds, Maurile Tremblay, Bob Henry and Jason Wood) have just completed a week-long review of the projection inputs into the program" and that "I would like to table this discussion until that update is released, as I think you won't have any continuing concerns after that point. If you still find the same issue next week after the new release, please contact me again and we can resume the discussion."

The next release of the app (7/25/17) had nothing different.

I was then told (on 7/25/17), by the support person I had been working with, that he would reach out to the programmer for the app.  Later that day, he told me he had spoken with David Dodds about it and I was to contact him.  I then sent David an email on it with 2 VBD spreadsheets - one from 2016 (which had a problem with RB data but was otherwise fine) and the latest (bad) one from 2017.  I was even given an expedited means (via the subject line) to get it to David.  (I sent this on 7/25/17).

Since then?  NOTHING.  I re-sent it to David a week later.  NOTHING.

This is how management treats us?  REALLY?  (And this is a microcosm of what I've seen here in the last few years.) 

The VBD spreadsheet has been a tool I've used in my redrafts for years because league rules preclude us from using electronic devices during the draft.  Its usefulness has dropped dramatically for me.

Thanks for the help, FBGs.  :wall:

Edited by Spike

Spike, 

I am sorry this has been your experience.  Our emails get inundated this time of the year.  I answered something via email yesterday (that appears to match your question here), but if that was not the case - Can you resend me the question with ATTN: Dodds in the subject line (and the email dodds@footballguys.com).  

I can't find the answer to this topic anywhere. In the VBD Spreadsheet, does it count special teams TD's as points for total defense?