What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I can throw a Ritz cracker 150 yds. (1 Viewer)

Nigel

Footballguy
Ritz, Hi-Ho - it don't matter. Throw them sidearm with the same grip as you would if you were skipping a flat stone on a pond and it will soar. I used to win money at tailgate parties all the time by flinging those babies onto the roofs of dormitories, over parking garages, etc. It's not really a unique skill, but most people have no idea how far they fly.I can drink also a pint of Guinness in 3 seconds :banned: , 2 (two separate glasses, one after the other) in 10. :banned: :banned: What are your "I'll bet you $10 I can do -------" money-makers?

I call :bs: on this. I can throw a golf disc -- aeronomically designed for long-distance flight -- about 400 feet on a flat surface with negligible wind. I've met people who can throw quite a bit further than that...but not many.A Ritz cracker does not have the flight characteristics to fly 450 feet on a flat surface unless it's been taped to the inside of a golf disc or other flight-friendly object.But a single unmodified Ritz cracker? Unaided by topography or wind? I challenge you, sir, to duplicate this feat in my presence. I'll begin the challenge with a friendly $20 wager, giving 2-1 odds. And I'll give you three throws.

I call :bs: on this. I can throw a golf disc -- aeronomically designed for long-distance flight -- about 400 feet on a flat surface with negligible wind. I've met people who can throw quite a bit further than that...but not many.

A Ritz cracker does not have the flight characteristics to fly 450 feet on a flat surface unless it's been taped to the inside of a golf disc or other flight-friendly object.

But a single unmodified Ritz cracker? Unaided by topography or wind? I challenge you, sir, to duplicate this feat in my presence. I'll begin the challenge with a friendly $20 wager, giving 2-1 odds. And I'll give you three throws.
Try it and report back.

I call :bs: on this. I can throw a golf disc -- aeronomically designed for long-distance flight -- about 400 feet on a flat surface with negligible wind. I've met people who can throw quite a bit further than that...but not many.

A Ritz cracker does not have the flight characteristics to fly 450 feet on a flat surface unless it's been taped to the inside of a golf disc or other flight-friendly object.

But a single unmodified Ritz cracker? Unaided by topography or wind? I challenge you, sir, to duplicate this feat in my presence. I'll begin the challenge with a friendly $20 wager, giving 2-1 odds. And I'll give you three throws.
:thumbup: I'll add $20 to this wager.......and give him 10 throws.....

I'm calling bull #### as well. 150 feet maybe.....150 yards :no:

Last edited by a moderator:

go chuck a few at lunchtime.

RE: My Ritz Cracker :bs: post (above):I just looked it up, and I was wrong.The word I meant was "aerodynamically", not "aeronomically".:bag:I still call :bs: on Nigel's claim (at least until later today, when I will put it to the test).

go chuck a few at lunchtime.
Just told one of the senior VP's that I will be flinging some Ritz crackers in the parking lot at lunchtime. Somehow......she didn't think this was strange???? :unsure:

RE: My Ritz Cracker :bs: post (above):

I just looked it up, and I was wrong.

The word I meant was "aerodynamically", not "aeronomically".

:bag:

I still call :bs: on Nigel's claim (at least until later today, when I will put it to the test).
I was going to mention that but since I'm on your side I decided to let it go....

I still call :bs: on Nigel's claim (at least until later today, when I will put it to the test).
Let me ask you this: if my original post instead asked "how far do you think I can throw a Ritz cracker?" where would you have set the over/under?

Lost in this thread is Nigel's claim he can drink two Guinnesses (Guinnii?) in 10 seconds.That...I believe. :thumbup: :bow: :banned: :banned:

Let me ask you this: if my original post instead asked "how far do you think I can throw a Ritz cracker?" where would you have set the over/under?
200'. Max.

200'. Max.
lefty on my knees

• Love
Reactions: Ned
175 feet, max.I played Ultimate in college and I can huck a disc about 110-120 yards without aid of wind. I think a frisbee golf disc can probably go about 30-50 yards further depending on skill. NO way a Ritz is going from behind one endzone on a football field past the other end....no way.

200'. Max.
lefty on my knees
Oh, it's on now. :popcorn:

:puttin-on-the-ritz:

[brian williams on NBC]"And in an odd development, Ritz crackers rose in popularity 400% today on lunchtime sales around the country. Strangely enough, the Ritz people have no explanation saying that "people must just like the taste."[/brian williams on NBC]

I won $100 two years ago by betting that I could throw a Mens Slowpitch Softball 110 yards on the fly. That doesn't sound very far, but no one else came close. My winning throw was approx 119 yards (I threw from the back end of one end zone and it landed a few inches short of the back end of the opposite endzone). I also won the follow up bet on a football throw. Double or nothing for longest throw. A meager 62 yards, but it was the winning effort. Come to think of it, the original bet was $50 and the grand total after the double or nothing was $100.

:lmao: at this thread.I repeat - flour tortilla, 150 feet. Takes a little more skill than the cracker because it's floppy. It's more about spin and release angle than brute strength because if you whip it too hard the tortilla will tear.

Is this just an elaborate scheme to see how many fools you can get to go out and chuck Ritz crackers around, while their neighbors/coworkers look on like :confused: ?

African or European Ritz?

:lmao: at this thread.

I repeat - flour tortilla, 150 feet. Takes a little more skill than the cracker because it's floppy. It's more about spin and release angle than brute strength because if you whip it too hard the tortilla will tear.
Can I toast the tortilla, or at least heat it up in a frying pan for a few seconds?

I'll admit I've never measured, 150 yds is an estimate, but it would be close. 100 yds. would be a slam dunk - I'd bet my house. Try it.LMAO at the thought of FBGs everywhere slinging Hi-Ho's this weekend

I repeat - flour torti5{akes a little more skill than the cracker because it's floppy.  It's more about spin and release angle than brute strength because if you whip it too hard the tortilla will tear.
Can I toast the tortilla, or at least heat it up in a frying pan for a few seconds?
Negative, nor can you use a stale tortilla.

I won $100 two years ago by betting that I could throw a Mens Slowpitch Softball 110 yards on the fly. That doesn't sound very far, but no one else came close. My winning throw was approx 119 yards (I threw from the back end of one end zone and it landed a few inches short of the back end of the opposite endzone).

I also won the follow up bet on a football throw. Double or nothing for longest throw. A meager 62 yards, but it was the winning effort. Come to think of it, the original bet was $50 and the grand total after the double or nothing was $100.
Is this where we post ludicrous claims?I can throw an infant 5000 feet.

Just short of a mile.. I know, but I'm working on it.

I won $100 two years ago by betting that I could throw a Mens Slowpitch Softball 110 yards on the fly. That doesn't sound very far, but no one else came close. My winning throw was approx 119 yards (I threw from the back end of one end zone and it landed a few inches short of the back end of the opposite endzone).
:fishing: That's like standing at home plate of a major league ball park and throwing it over the wall at the 357 ft. mark.

I also won the follow up bet on a football throw. Double or nothing for longest throw. A meager 62 yards, but it was the winning effort. Come to think of it, the original bet was $50 and the grand total after the double or nothing was $100.
I believe this one a lot sooner than I would believe a Ritz going 150 yards. This is still impressive as I think I used to be able to throw a baseball about this far, and a softball about 25-30 yards less. I can't throw a football worth a crap so 62 yards is solid imo.

I repeat - flour tortilla, 150 feet. Takes a little more skill than the cracker because it's floppy. It's more about spin and release angle than brute strength because if you whip it too hard the tortilla will tear.
This looks like it will take some practice.

I'll admit I've never measured, 150 yds is an estimate, but it would be close. 100 yds. would be a slam dunk - I'd bet my house. Try it.

LMAO at the thought of FBGs everywhere slinging Hi-Ho's this weekend
You should add "I can backpedal faster than Deion Sanders" to your list of talents.

African or European Ritz?
LOL.

I won $100 two years ago by betting that I could throw a Mens Slowpitch Softball 110 yards on the fly.  That doesn't sound very far, but no one else came close.  My winning throw was approx 119 yards (I threw from the back end of one end zone and it landed a few inches short of the back end of the opposite endzone). 

I also won the follow up bet on a football throw.  Double or nothing for longest throw.  A meager 62 yards, but it was the winning effort.  Come to think of it, the original bet was $50 and the grand total after the double or nothing was $100.

I will be more than happy to bet anyone that I can still accomplish both feats. We will need someone from a reputable auditing firm to witness the event(s). While we are at it, I wager that I can flip a 620 pound tractor tire end over end 30 yards in 60 seconds or less. I will have proof of this feat when I compete in the next Nebraska Amateur Strongman contest on August 13th. Results will be posted on their website usually in early September.

Takers?

I won $100 two years ago by betting that I could throw a Mens Slowpitch Softball 110 yards on the fly.  That doesn't sound very far, but no one else came close.  My winning throw was approx 119 yards (I threw from the back end of one end zone and it landed a few inches short of the back end of the opposite endzone). 

I also won the follow up bet on a football throw.  Double or nothing for longest throw.  A meager 62 yards, but it was the winning effort.  Come to think of it, the original bet was $50 and the grand total after the double or nothing was $100.

:D This made me laugh loud enough to have people show up at my office door, wondering why I'm having so much fun at work.

:fishing: That's like standing at home plate of a major league ball park and throwing it over the wall at the 357 ft. mark.
:no: It would land at the base of the wall, wouldn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread