What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Message Board Survivor Leagues (1 Viewer)

I think we all got past the rough edges too, dallas--and I sure know I'm psyched to take everybody else on again!! Last year was really weird for me--went WR in the 1st in every draft I was in, due to positions in each; shoot--I didn't even take a RB until the 4th in one (feel like Nathan must have! :eek: ) Resisting entering more than one right now but might just change my mind if this keeps rolling--best way to prep i know!!. After drafting through 288 players it seemed like finding sleepers for any other league was a cinch!! :devil:

Except in the NCSharks league. :rotflmao:
Laugh on big guy; laugh on...I do feel like I gave up last year early for prospective keepers--but sure got a few to look at this year!! :P

Dang, I rolled a 65 :eek: I hope I don't end up with the 1st pick, or I'll be drafting someone out of NFL Europe in the 2nd. Heck, I'm not even sure if I was supposed to roll the dice? I'm just not sure whats going on :P :D Anybody know? :bag:
You will be in Survivor 3 so you were supposed to roll the dice. :P

I think your in league 4 which is filling up now.And, not to start animosity, but I'm looking forward to playing against a Cincy fan. Your a brave one, aren't you - for admitting that.
Well, I'm a holdover from Usenet, and I professed my love for the Bengals there (and that was when the Bengals had something of the team...Boomer was still the QB), so I can't back down here.It's a family thing. Dad's had season tickets since the Bengals second season...It sorta sticks on you. :P

I think your in league 4 which is filling up now.And, not to start animosity, but I'm looking forward to playing against a Cincy fan. Your a brave one, aren't you - for admitting that.
Well, I'm a holdover from Usenet, and I professed my love for the Bengals there (and that was when the Bengals had something of the team...Boomer was still the QB), so I can't back down here.It's a family thing. Dad's had season tickets since the Bengals second season...It sorta sticks on you. :P
Peeps forget how good the Bengals were back in the day of Ickey and Boomer.....

I hope you saved a spot for the MBSLI runner-up. One Owens appearance away from the championship, but them's the breaks.If it matters, I would vote to keep as much as possible EXACTLY the same as last year.I'd tell you to watch your back Mike, but in a couple of months all you'll be seeing is mine. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Markuss Royal (Wuz Snoop) - IN2. IC Alkies - OUT3. AhrncityPounders - Haven't heard from 4. Glumpy - IN5. FM696969 - IN6. Dbomb - Haven't heard from 7. Dox - Haven't heard from 8. Duke21 Haven't heard from 9. Brahama Bulls - Haven't heard from 10.Pdog - Haven't heard from 11.Atomic Punk - IN12.JBase - Haven't heard from 13.BassNBrew - IN 14.Twilight - IN15.Holy Scheinkes - IN16.Dallas (Wuz Mike) - IN1. Taggin Along - Haven't heard from 2. JerseyFoamies - IN3. Crazylegs - Haven't heard from 4. Ptomaine - Haven't heard from 5. Hoosier - Haven't heard from 6. Nathan - IN 7. uwgb96 - Haven't heard from 8. Jzilla - IN9. Sunshine Susie - OUT 10.LHUCKS - Haven't heard from 11.Hinezer - IN 12.SteveC - IN13.Tiger Fan - Haven't heard from 14.mmmtastypudding - IN15.Abrecher - IN 16.Air Fryar - INStill waiting to hear from AhrncityPounders, Dbomb, Dox, Duke21, Brahama Bulls, Pdog, Jbase, Taggin Along, Crazylegs, Ptomaine, Hoosier, uwgb96, LHUCKS, and Tiger Fan

I see you guys have gone to the original lineups for 1 & 2. As I remmebre, MBSL I almost died before the draft ended.Picking 16th gave me a whole new appreciation for deep leagues. :wacko:Picking last is not a huge problem, but you need to do even more homework, since after your first 2 picks, it's a loooong wait.The draft started to go faster when we guys at the ends got lists for those who were off-line, enabling us to step in and draft for them. Once you pick your double, you're done for so long, you're safe to send a list to.

Atomic/Air - I don't think you guys were supposed to roll since you were in MBSL1/2 lsat year. Am I correct Twilight?

[3]

(1)Gobosox

(2)Gonads

(3)Bueno

(4)Fletch

(5)Vitruvian Man

(6)rip273

(7)Coltsfan

(8)Motown Maniac

(9)NE_REVIVAL

(10)OPEN

(11)OPEN

(12)OPEN

(13)OPEN

(14)OPEN

(15)OPEN

(16)OPEN
That's the last I saw of League 3. Any updates? Are we full??

things changed since then fletch they are working on figuring out who they got returning from last year
Ok ..just checking in. Want to be sure I don't miss anything. I guess I should go roll then....

We will start at least one draft on Monday, with more TBD, with the rules being the ones posted by me and Bass earlier in the thread. 16 teamers again. Talent is thinned out, but with this format, it is less a liability with not having to pick starters.
It's the offseason, what else do I have to do? B)

i really think this this thread has gone over and above . there are 32 guys who are talking about getting together again and having some fun, great,but there are close to 50 more or less that want to get something going. . i see threads about people who have rolled the dice for draft position and i don't see any list of players. what the hell is going on?? :thumbdown: if some one has the time, those of us who did not get into last years survivors need to start a thread and get this thing off the ground.kick 2 pennies into the pile

i really think this this thread has gone over and above . there are 32 guys who are talking about getting together again and having some fun, great,but there are close to 50 more or less that want to get something going. . i see threads about people who have rolled the dice for draft position and i don't see any list of players. what the hell is going on?? :thumbdown: if some one has the time, those of us who did not get into last years survivors need to start a thread and get this thing off the ground.kick 2 pennies into the pile
I'm waiting for Twilight. He is the one who told you guys to roll the dice so I guess its up to him. I'll let him take care of it since he did a great job last year. Just be patient.

IIIIII'MMMMMM BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! ok, we'll keep it clean and fun this year...I promise! alkies and i just didnt see eye to eye on a few things but we've gotten over it. i'm ready for another year. i sent my dice roll in and im ready.Note: to everyone, im real sorry about my actions last year. they were uncalled for and immature. if any fun was taken away from it, im sorry. i assure you nothing like that will ever happen again. good luck everyone

Yeahhhh. Duke 21 puts us over the halfway mark for returning members.

see New Survivor League for a new thread on further leagues.

Here is a copy of what I said about I and II:

First off, the official MBSL I and II will start up in July, probably right after the 4th holiday weekend, exact date TBD. We have at least 2 openings, and probably more that we will fill in June. If you those of you who haven't responded yet (AhrncityPounders, Dbomb, Dox, Brahama Bulls, Pdog, Jbase, Taggin Along, Crazylegs, Ptomaine, Hoosier, uwgb96, LHUCKS, and Tiger Fan ) please either respond here or e-mail me at laenir@yahoo.com to confirm/bow out

Thanx all.

[3]

(1)Gobosox

(2)Gonads

(3)Bueno

(4)Fletch

(5)Vitruvian Man

(6)rip273

(7)Coltsfan

(8)Motown Maniac

(9)NE_REVIVAL

(10)OPEN

(11)OPEN

(12)OPEN

(13)OPEN

(14)OPEN

(15)OPEN

(16)OPEN
That's the last I saw of League 3. Any updates? Are we full??
Thread is reaching 7 pages (read all of them), but I'm not sure what, if anything I am supposed to do. I asssume, that:1. MBSL I and II are for participants from last year, and you are giving those guys time to sign-up.

2. It looks like I am currently in league #3.

What is this dice rolling stuff? I want to be timely with the rules, drafting, etc., but with the length of this thread, I am afraid I may have missed something.

Thanks,

BTW - hey Motown, looks like we may get a chance to test our drafting theories against each other......really looking forward to that.

Gobosox

I'm reading the situation this way--that MBSL I and II will open to past members first, and will be held off until July. Any openings then can be filled by those who are interested.

Meanwhile MBSL III, IV, V......according to how many want in can fill up and either start asap for those who want to do a draft right now or delay until the same time as the others. For those rarin' to go the dice need rolling! For the leagues on hold they don't need rolling yet. For those in the I and II leagues who also are rarin' to go I think that option is good too (?) Especially since first dibs on original league spaces might not be all locked in until later--and you won't want to miss a spot! It was a real hoot last year first going through the drafts, then comparing how the two leagues each drafted differently from various spots, then following the results week-by-week with the prerequisite trash talking within and between the leagues!! B)

Ohh yeah!! Twilight's got league startups going in another thread!!

IIIIII'MMMMMM BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! ok, we'll keep it clean and fun this year...I promise! alkies and i just didnt see eye to eye on a few things but we've gotten over it. i'm ready for another year. i sent my dice roll in and im ready.Note: to everyone, im real sorry about my actions last year. they were uncalled for and immature. if any fun was taken away from it, im sorry. i assure you nothing like that will ever happen again. good luck everyone
So Duke21, are you back for the same league you were in last year or one of the new ones? This dice roll is only for #3 which is a new one and will start drafting soon, maybe as soon as Monday.I'll be honest with you, I was not in the league last year, but I followed it and when I saw your name, I got queezy. If you mean what you say, great! If not, :yucky: !

well i've rolled but haven't heard anything...how do you know if you're being slotted into one of the old leagues as a replacement or into a new league?

I have aheadache trying to follow this. Thanks Twi for setting it straight towards the end. I read the part about I and II returning and drafting after the 4th of July. Cool with that. Wake me up in June if we need to redo the draft order or something. :sleep:

BTW - hey Motown, looks like we may get a chance to test our drafting theories against each other......really looking forward to that.
I look forward to it as well. I will probably have to resort to the ever popular, go with the flow theory for this draft! :yucky: I'm studying for my RB depth in Highschool Football Today. Some kids in Section III, and Section V, just might slide to me in the 2 nd round. :shock:

1. Markuss Royal (Wuz Snoop) - IN

2. IC Alkies - OUT

3. AhrncityPounders - Haven't heard from

4. Glumpy - IN

5. FM696969 - IN

6. Dbomb - Haven't heard from

7. Dox - Haven't heard from

8. Duke21 - IN

9. Brahama Bulls - Haven't heard from

10.Pdog - Haven't heard from

11.Atomic Punk - IN

12.JBase - Haven't heard from

13.BassNBrew - IN

14.Twilight - IN

15.Holy Scheinkes - IN

16.Dallas (Wuz Mike) - IN

1. Taggin Along - Haven't heard from

2. JerseyFoamies - IN

3. Crazylegs - Haven't heard from

4. Ptomaine - IN

5. Hoosier - Haven't heard from

6. Nathan - IN

7. uwgb96 - IN

8. Jzilla - IN

9. Sunshine Susie - OUT

10.LHUCKS - Haven't heard from

11.Hinezer - IN

12.SteveC - IN

13.Tiger Fan - IN

14.mmmtastypudding - IN

15.Abrecher - IN

16.Air Fryar - IN

Still waiting to hear from AhrncityPounders, Dbomb, Dox, Brahama Bulls, Pdog, Jbase, Taggin Along, Crazylegs, Hoosier and LHUCKS for MBSL 1 and 2. If you would like to join a spring survivor league that will start drafting monday please visit Twilights thread - CLICK HERE

Users who are viewing this thread