What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cover Songs (1 Viewer)

Does anyone have System of a Down covering Berlins "The Metro" ?

I love to get a copy of that!

Some I like:

Gimme Danger- Monster Magnet - original by Iggy Pop

Nobody's Fault - Testament - original by Aerosmith

Dissident Agressor - Slayer - original by Judas Priest

Green Manalishi & the two progned Crown - Judas Priest - original by Fleetwood Mac

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rover (Dream Theater - Zeppelin)

Shout (Disturbed - Tears for Fears)

Signs (Tesla - Five Man Electrical Band)

Turn the Page (Metallica - Bob Seger)
That whole Dream Theater Album is pretty sweet.They cover, In the Flesh?, Perfect Strangers, Carry on Wayward son and more.

Since I saw them Saturday night - I'll add

Pictures of Matchstick Men - Camper Van Beethoven - Status Quo original

(They do a great White Riot as well)

Victoria - Cracker - Kinks original

Cracker did an awesome Jerry Jeff - Redneck Mothers on Saturday

Youth Group - Forever Young

An Aussie cover version of Alphaville's hit from the 80's. It first appeared on "The OC" but it's just been released down here this week and went straight to #2.

The video clip is AWESOME, and it's a pity it's not in full screen, because it's a little hard to make out the old guy.

The clip is mostly a bunch of kids having fun, but there is this one 30+ dude who is super hardcore doing handstands etc., and carrying on as if they are in the middle of an olympic event. :lmao:

I heard Green Day does an excellent version of Survivor's hit "Eye of the Tiger". I haven't been able to find it anywhere. If someone has come across it, please shoot me in the right direction. TIA!

There is a great podcast called Coverville that would be right up this thread's alley. The guy has already done over 200 shows and it's pretty amazing what he finds. The best are his "cover story" ones where he takes an artist (Elvis Costello, Depeche Mode, Queen, etc) and the whole show is covers of their songs. I download off iTunes but it can be found at Coverville.com.

I don't know why Megadeth covered "Out on the Tiles" as a bonus track for their new album but it's pretty :X :angry: on an otherwise solid album

"Paranoid" notwithstanding, Megadeth generally misses the mark with their cover songs and this one's no exception.

Here's a lesser known but fantastic cover: Son Volt's version of Holocaust originally done by Big Star.

sorry - no link.

Just heard The Carpenters' version of the Beatles' "Ticket To Ride" this morning and I think it's a nice version.

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet:

Disturbed covering Land of Confusion by Phil Collins.

I'm not a huge Disturbed fan and I am a Phil Collins fan but I thought they did a great job.

Bluegrass version of "Hit 'em Up Style" from

About 100x better than the original.

I'm only mentioning this now because I'll probably forget to say it Sunday:

Happy 7th birthday Cover Songs thread.

Love this thread .. I think i spent and entire Sunday just listening to the songs posted in here... :thumbsup:

This is one you can tap your toes to.

The Gourds - Gin and Juice (Snoop Dogg cover)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAEMjb9TPFM...feature=related

Not sure if any oif these have been listed and I don't have the time to link these but they are good...covering a range of styles: Maybe go to Grooveshark or pandora for a listen:

Pine Mountain railroad - Don't Stop Believing

Cake- I will Survive

Hot Banditoz - I want it that way

Cracker and Leftover Salmon - Get off this

Keller and the Keels - Mary Janes Last Dance (breakdown)

Jenny Lewis & the Watson Twins - Handle with Care

Maria McKee - The way young lovers Do

Hayseed Dixie- My best friends girl

Wyclef Jean - La Bamba

Luke Bloom - Dancing Queen

Reel Big Fish - Take on Me

Sara McLachlan - Dear God

Sandra - All you Zombies

Ziggy Marley - Drive

Save Ferris - Come on Eileen

Johnny Cash - One

The best voice in the business today (IMO) covering a tune I know you sing in the car. Don't deny it.

A couple from the Punch Brothers...

...Seems they consider Radiohead to be great fodder for covers...as this is one of many of theirs they do.

Users who are viewing this thread