What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (7 Viewers)

and what is the deal with ecko cutting off his little beard pig tails?
I took it as another form of pennance. He was silent for 40 days after killing the two men. He then braided the bottom portion of his beard into two, presumably signifying the two men he killed, until he could confess what he had done to someone. To me, it seems that Eko has assumed that Gail is one of the Others and is thus seeking forgiveness from one of them for his actions.

Hey, until I know what Locke is frustrated at, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

If he is that easy to manipulate, then I agree with you all, it is a little disappointing because he, not Jack, believes more that Sayid is right, so it should be ridiculously obvious that he is trying to play him.

I just hope that that was Locke getting frustrated at realizing how easily he has been conned in the past and that Henry Gale realized that he, not Jack, is the guy to manipulate.

Again, I am probably hoping too much based on Locke's actions in the previews, but I am hoping that Henry Gale doesn't get let go because he conned Locke.

I am not sure why everyone is suprised by Locke being conned.

Isn't that his ongoing theme? That despite all his scholarly charm and bravado that he is easily manipulated.

We forget that in the real world he was rather meek and timid and easily directed.

I think he showed his frustration there at the end of the show when Henry made him realize that he was being led by Jack. And also he realized that Henry was getting into his head as well. Maybe, now with Locke's clearer self awareness he can build on his revalations and grow to be a stronger more decisive leader.

I am not sure why everyone is suprised by Locke being conned.

Isn't that his ongoing theme? That despite all his scholarly charm and bravado that he is easily manipulated.

We forget that in the real world he was rather meek and timid and easily directed.

I think he showed his frustration there at the end of the show when Henry made him realize that he was being led by Jack. And also he realized that Henry was getting into his head as well. Maybe, now with Locke's clearer self awareness he can build on his revalations and grow to be a stronger more decisive leader.
I don't disagree with Locke's past. Your assessment of his character is spot-on, but on the island so far he has been much, much different. I guess, my point is that this guy was so freaking headstrong with the hatch, teaching boone the lesson about shannon, beating charlie down about the baby, etc. And all of a sudden in the past couple of episodes, we have what seems to me at least quite a different Locke. And by now, wouldn't those guys realize that they need people like Ecko and Sayid on the leadership team? Besides Sayid's beating of Gale, the guy has been crucial to their survival on the island yet Jack and Locke act as though both he and Ecko are not important. again, i am grossly overanalyzing, but how do they expect to stand up against anyone or anything with such a ridiculous lack of organization.

More thoughts.

IIRC, Desmond was using some sort of auto-injector when he used the serum.

The needle Ethan was using to inject Claire seemed to be a solid stainless steel needle. To me, it would seem that there's no way to know the exact amount of serum he'd be extracting/injecting without using a "regular" needle that shows just how much serum is in there. Is the serum a placebo?

Even though Claire was quite pregnant, Ethan looked like he just jabbed the needle into her stomach in random places, saying he was injecting the baby. How would he know which way the baby was situated in utero, he could have been sticking the needle into the baby's eye, soft spot, toe, anything. Based on her being late in the third trimester, it would be logical to assume the baby's head was now facing down in preparation for delivery, but that doesn't mean the little sucker still wouldn't be moving meaning he could have been stuck in the back, stomach or leg.

Or, was Ethan injecting the serum just into the placenta? Is the serum some sort of drug that makes people more open to suggestion?

My thoughts on the nursery are that they set it up, to show Claire that the baby would be well cared-for. Not that it would necessarily be where the baby would be staying. In her drugged state and with Ethan's reassurances, it would seem like a better idea to give up the baby to them, seeing that they could provide a "real" nursery to the baby.

Also, Ethan was always saying "he" in reference to the baby. Did Claire ever indicate that she was having a boy? How would Ethan know this?

Did anyone else see the door with "ESCAPE HATCH" written on it, as Ethan was taking Claire to the nursery for the first time? I wonder where that leads?

Correct me if I am wrong but is this the first show to not flashback to pre-crash life?
:yes: I thought that was interesting....
Wasn't the tailies episode all about their 40 days on the island, starting with the crash? No flashbacks in that one, either, I think.

"but I think it's time that they tied up some loose ends to move the story forward."

But the more that happens, the closer we are to the "mystery" being solved. Say we figure out the who and what of Dharma this season (or next) would you then want to watch a show about people on an island with no mystery to figure out?

I don't think there was an "incident" that got the Others in control of the Dharma stuff. I think the french lady's crew, the 815 survivors and possibly Desmond are brought to the island so that the experiments can continue as they have been going on since the start of the initiative.
This is what I've thought from the beginning.Am I the only one who thought the Others are and always have been Dharma and are conducting all these "experiments" and drawing subjects to the island?
I thought everyone assumed the others were left over from the Dharma groups. I don't think they "drew" the plane to the island, though.

Damn, I just thought of something that might have gotten glossed over.

When Kate found the fake beard, the Theatrical Glue had a Dharma label on it. To me this is very important because it says to me that:

1. The bearded guy is part of the original experiment.

2. The orientation film was also part of the original experiment.

I may be wrong on the 2nd, but because the theatrical glue was from Dharma, the whole Others cover up has been there since the beginning. I don't think there was an "incident" that got the Others in control of the Dharma stuff. I think the french lady's crew, the 815 survivors and possibly Desmond are brought to the island so that the experiments can continue as they have been going on since the start of the initiative.
Good call. I think Desmond is probably a dupe here. And that the button is total bogus. If it had any power/signifigance, these Others who are pretty clearly linked to Dharma would know about it and they wouldn't leave it in the hands of those who might let it run down, if not running down was actually critical.Therefore, I am firmly convinced that the timer running out causes nothing.

guys, they left the hatch because they didn't want Claire to come back and find them.
But they've been there since, as evidenced by the fake beard that Zeke was wearing.

quick Q

How come when they first captured this guy, Jack did not want him locked up and Locke did, and now there is a role reversal where Jack wants him locked up and Locke doesn't?

"but I think it's time that they tied up some loose ends to move the story forward."

But the more that happens, the closer we are to the "mystery" being solved. Say we figure out the who and what of Dharma this season (or next) would you then want to watch a show about people on an island with no mystery to figure out?
I'm not saying answer every question and close every story - that's the end of the show. But right now, except for us knowing that pretty much every survivor had some kind of contact with another survivor or their family before the plane crash, what do we really have to work with?Each mystery opens three more. All I'm saying is that at some point they are going to have so many tangents going at once that it will be impossible to tie them all together in any satisfactory way.

Wasn't there a stewardess with the Tailies? Wasn't she with them when they were trying to join up with the fronties? Didn't she disappear just before Anna Lucia shot blondie? Did they ever mention her again?

I'm puzzled by the fake beard. #1--What's the purpose of wearing a disguise to meet people who have never seen you before and if you're doing that, why such a pathetic excuse for a disguise? It sure wouldn't hide your identity if you meet again without it. #2--What's with the timing and location of the beard and glue?

He didn't wear it when he was at the medical facility. He was seen with a beard weeks later, presumably after they abandoned the medical facility (assuming they moved out so Claire couldn't lead people back to them). Did he wear the beard to meet Jack & Sawyer then return it to the deserted medical facility? What kind of sense does that make? I can see the beard being used as a disguise for someone to infiltrate one of the groups (like Ethan did) so that being clean-shaven wouldn't raise suspicions, but why use it for the meeting? Maybe it was to suggest that they, too, are "roughing it" and hide the fact that the facility existed? And why return it to the facility? The only way that makes sense is if they didn't abandon the place immediately after Claire escaped, but stayed until sometime after the meeting. If they did that, why would they then abandon it later, just when Claire gets her memory back? One possibility occurs to me--somebody (Libby?) warned them. That would lead them to evacuate in a hurry, which also explains why some things (chair, bootie, flashlights, disguise) were left behind in the rush.

One possibility occurs to me--somebody (Libby?) warned them. That would lead them to evacuate in a hurry, which also explains why some things (chair, bootie, flashlights, disguise) were left behind in the rush.
I'm definitely very intrigued by this idea. In response to why would they leave the beard and disguises in the lockers....what if they have clothing/disguises like this at several different locations? So if they are at any location on the island, they can quickly get their disguises and move.

This illness mystery has been unresolved for a long while now. They barely mentioned it at all this season. Just like the monster mystery, they've brought it back to the forefront without really offering much more insight into it.

I'm going to be pissed if they don't let more info out about these this season. Someone needs to get the illness and turn rabid zombie or we need to see someone using a remote control on the monster or something.

FYI, I am starting to think that this illness does something pretty horrible. If the only option is to kill a person who gets it, its gotta be bad. Lets think about this for a minute, what are the possible reasons for killing a sick person:

1) Mercy, the person is in incredible pain and its spares them that

2) Threat to other non-infected people. Maybe its contagious, or maybe an infected person is dangerously crazy.

I will tell you one thing, mercy killing sick people isn't really LOST's style. I expect reason #2 to be the cause. I'm guessing the illness makes people killers somehow.

One possibility occurs to me--somebody (Libby?) warned them.  That would lead them to evacuate in a hurry, which also explains why some things (chair, bootie, flashlights, disguise) were left behind in the rush.
I'm definitely very intrigued by this idea. In response to why would they leave the beard and disguises in the lockers....what if they have clothing/disguises like this at several different locations? So if they are at any location on the island, they can quickly get their disguises and move.
I believe they do have disguises at each location. The theatrical glue had the symbol of the medical hatch on it, meaning it was meant for that hatch. Other hatches possibly also have disguises.

and what is the deal with ecko cutting off his little beard pig tails?
I took it as another form of pennance. He was silent for 40 days after killing the two men. He then braided the bottom portion of his beard into two, presumably signifying the two men he killed, until he could confess what he had done to someone. To me, it seems that Eko has assumed that Gail is one of the Others and is thus seeking forgiveness from one of them for his actions.
That was my take on it as well. I also think he was sending a message as well that the survivors aren't as powerless or weak as The Others may assume.

I will tell you one thing, mercy killing sick people isn't really LOST's style. 
Except for when Jack finshed off the US Marshall after Sawyer botched the first attempt at mercy killing. While Danielle seems to have moments of lucidity, she also doesn't seem to be the most balanced individual. If you had your child stolen from you, you'd probably go a little loopy too and the presence of firearms on a weird freaking island can lead you to do things normally out of character.

Until I see a flashback, showing Danielle's crew behaving like Jack Nicholson in The Shining, I'm thinking Danielle overreacted when she killed the survivors from her boat crash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious question here:  What is the actual evidence for all this twin/clone talk?

All I can remember is some crack-pot theory that made the rounds last season.
Theories dude, its all about theories.
:rolleyes: But what is the theory based on, dude.
Uhh Zeke all cleaned up and shaven and then less than 2 weeks later with a long beard. Its either a twin, clone, or a fake beard.
:loco: :loco: Kate was digging through his beanie, a fake beard, and a bottle of "theatrical glue" yet people are saying clean-shaven Zeke is a clone.

:lmao:
All the posts about him being a clone, were from during the show. Any post, after the point when Kate was going through the lockers puts that theory to rest.
So, which one of the Zekes wore the fake beard? The original, or the clone? :bag:

Damn, I just thought of something that might have gotten glossed over.

When Kate found the fake beard, the Theatrical Glue had a Dharma label on it. To me this is very important because it says to me that:

1. The bearded guy is part of the original experiment.

2. The orientation film was also part of the original experiment.

I may be wrong on the 2nd, but because the theatrical glue was from Dharma, the whole Others cover up has been there since the beginning. I don't think there was an "incident" that got the Others in control of the Dharma stuff. I think the french lady's crew, the 815 survivors and possibly Desmond are brought to the island so that the experiments can continue as they have been going on since the start of the initiative.
That settles it.Is there "LOST" clothing merch? We need to make and market DHARMA t-shirts or something.

EVERYTHING has a DHARMA logo on it.

Hell, the tree Ecko chopped down in this episode probably had the DHARMA logo on it.
What was the point of them showing this?
This is the second or third episode with a random segment with Ecko and the trees. I don't get it either, but i agree there must be something.
Ecko was chopping down the tree with an axe, and they showed him having some difficulty bringing it down. Because of this, he went to the hatch and asked Locke for a saw. This is why he was in the hatch and how he figured out that they were holding someone prisoner.The first impression that I had of the Ethan/Claire/Baby/injection scene, was that there really is an illness but there's not enough serum for everyone (like Ethan said), so they are collecting kids to repopulate their ranks b/c there is no way off the island so that's how they are getting fresh recruits.

This island has something that's been going on a LOT longer than DHARMA has been around, as evidenced by the Black Rock ship, and the 2 skeletons they found near the caves. DHARMA isn't responsible for everything, but they're probably responsible for bringing everyone to the island. They're trying to tap into the island's power somehow (maybe through the special kids), but they also have to deal with whatever consequences staying on the island involves.

I also have a hunch, that Desmond is the "He", that Zeke was referring to.

This illness mystery has been unresolved for a long while now. They barely mentioned it at all this season. Just like the monster mystery, they've brought it back to the forefront without really offering much more insight into it.
...and the numbers...this is really pissing me off that the whole Numbers thing has been dropped.Once again, they were the numbers listed on the vaccine, i think.Once upon a time, the numbers where imprinted on the outside of the hatch too....WTF was up with that??!?!?!

I'm in the camp that says that there is simply no way that this show can "end" well. There's just been too much buildup and the final end game is just going to disappoint.

But, having said that, I think it's also gotten to the point where they can't even attempt to combat that feeling. All this episode did was open 4 or 5 other potential important stories. How many different story lines, intertwined with all the others, can they possibly have going before the load is too much to carry?

I don't mind the character development and mystery and elongated satisfaction of some of the plots, but I think it's time that they tied up some loose ends to move the story forward. There needs to be some kind of answer at this point, which while not giving away everything, gives the audience enough to latch on to as they move forward.

If they keep finding hatches, others, have dreams, flashbacks, etc etc without ever even trying to connect something important, the end game is going to be that much worse. Like Carnivale on HBO, only much much worse.
:goodposting:

I'm going to be pissed if they don't let more info out about these this season. Someone needs to get the illness and turn rabid zombie or we need to see someone using a remote control on the monster or something.

FYI, I am starting to think that this illness does something pretty horrible. If the only option is to kill a person who gets it, its gotta be bad. Lets think about this for a minute, what are the possible reasons for killing a sick person:

2) Threat to other non-infected people. Maybe its contagious, or maybe an infected person is dangerously crazy.

I will tell you one thing, mercy killing sick people isn't really LOST's style. I expect reason #2 to be the cause. I'm guessing the illness makes people killers somehow.
Even infants? Rousseau told Claire that if the baby was truly infected, she hoped Claire would do what she had to do -- which I took to mean Claire would have to kill the baby.

Even though Claire was quite pregnant, Ethan looked like he just jabbed the needle into her stomach in random places, saying he was injecting the baby. How would he know which way the baby was situated in utero, he could have been sticking the needle into the baby's eye, soft spot, toe, anything. Based on her being late in the third trimester, it would be logical to assume the baby's head was now facing down in preparation for delivery, but that doesn't mean the little sucker still wouldn't be moving meaning he could have been stuck in the back, stomach or leg.
This bothered me at the time too. You don't just jam the needle in willy-nilly. If they really wanted us to believe he injected the baby, they could have panned to the ultrasound screen and shown the needle sticking the baby in the leg or something. My guess it that it was sloppy production.

The thing I thought was most interesting tonight was when the guy with the beard (or without it in this case) told Ethan "why didn't you make the list...what am I supposed to tell him."

So that guy isn't the ringleader, from what I can gather.
This has some interesting possiblities:The "why didn't you make the list" line suggests a couple of tangents:

(1) Ethan was supposed to be on the manifest according to the Others plan. Does this mean he was supposed to be ON THE PLANE?

(2) Does this mean that there might be some Others who WERE on the manifest? And are currently among the survivors?

Hmmm.....

This illness mystery has been unresolved for a long while now.  They barely mentioned it at all this season.  Just like the monster mystery, they've brought it back to the forefront without really offering much more insight into it.

I'm going to be pissed if they don't let more info out about these this season.  Someone needs to get the illness and turn rabid zombie or we need to see someone using a remote control on the monster or something.

FYI, I am starting to think that this illness does something pretty horrible.  If the only option is to kill a person who gets it, its gotta be bad.  Lets think about this for a minute, what are the possible reasons for killing a sick person:

2) Threat to other non-infected people.  Maybe its contagious, or maybe an infected person is dangerously crazy.

I will tell you one thing, mercy killing sick people isn't really LOST's style.  I expect reason #2 to be the cause.  I'm guessing the illness makes people killers somehow.
Even infants? Rousseau told Claire that if the baby was truly infected, she hoped Claire would do what she had to do -- which I took to mean Claire would have to kill the baby.
I take it you never saw the remake of Dawn of the Dead?

The thing I thought was most interesting tonight was when the guy with the beard (or without it in this case) told Ethan "why didn't you make the list...what am I supposed to tell him."

So that guy isn't the ringleader, from what I can gather.
This has some interesting possiblities:The "why didn't you make the list" line suggests a couple of tangents:

(1) Ethan was supposed to be on the manifest according to the Others plan. Does this mean he was supposed to be ON THE PLANE?

(2) Does this mean that there might be some Others who WERE on the manifest? And are currently among the survivors?

Hmmm.....
Um, I think you're taking that statement from the wrong angle. He claims he couldn't make a list because they found out he wasn't on the manifest. I'm pretty sure "making a list" refers to something similar to the list the tailies found, and it was a list of people they intended to kidnap.

I don't think there was an "incident" that got the Others in control of the Dharma stuff. I think the french lady's crew, the 815 survivors and possibly Desmond are brought to the island so that the experiments can continue as they have been going on since the start of the initiative.
This is what I've thought from the beginning.Am I the only one who thought the Others are and always have been Dharma and are conducting all these "experiments" and drawing subjects to the island?

The only problem with that though, is how intertwined many of the stories are. Dharma must have a HUGE reach across the world to eb able to target certain individuals and bring them together like this.
A small prop plane took off from Africa and crash landed on this island out in the Pacific. That is physically impossible. Therefore, there is no rational explanation for what is going on. This has to all be a dream, an experiment, or this is supernatural (i.e. the Roman Gods are doing it).

anyone else think that claire and kate have opened up a can of worms by breaking into the other's location? zeke made it pretty clear that if the survivors wanted to be left alone, they better leave the others alone.

Quick thought about Locke:

I think when he first came on the island and realized he had been given the ability to walk again, he thought things were meant for him and it gave him the confidence needed to be the wise man and sage.

But more recent events have caused him to go more towards the insecure person he was before the flight.

Why the other left the place is a mystery, although some have posted good theories. Maybe they ran out of medicine and became worried of infection (or got infected) and the children (Walt, et al) can help in some off way to get them medicated?

Why the other left the place is a mystery, although some have posted good theories. Maybe they ran out of medicine and became worried of infection (or got infected) and the children (Walt, et al) can help in some off way to get them medicated?
i cant imagine they have left it. i would guess they have several places that they stay at, and when they are not at certain places they make it appear like it is deserted. we know they are all very cautious about covering their tracks.

I'm in the camp that says that there is simply no way that this show can "end" well.  There's just been too much buildup and the final end game is just going to disappoint.

But, having said that, I think it's also gotten to the point where they can't even attempt to combat that feeling.  All this episode did was open 4 or 5 other potential important stories.  How many different story lines, intertwined with all the others, can they possibly have going before the load is too much to carry?

I don't mind the character development and mystery and elongated satisfaction of some of the plots, but I think it's time that they tied up some loose ends to move the story forward.  There needs to be some kind of answer at this point, which while not giving away everything, gives the audience enough to latch on to as they move forward.

If they keep finding hatches, others, have dreams, flashbacks, etc etc without ever even trying to connect something important, the end game is going to be that much worse.  Like Carnivale on HBO,  only much much worse.
:goodposting:
Sounds like they are reaching a point where the only satisfactory explanation is going be a supenatural one (Gods).

Is Desmond an other or a dupe?

He was in the bunker before Locke etc got in.

He was pushing the button (but who knows for how long)

He was injecting himself with the serum (presumably the same serum Claire was injected with)

If he felt isolated you would think he would be excited to see other people and want to stay and share his experience in the bunker with them. If he felt pushing the button was critical he would want to spend a little more time convincing them of its importance.

When he left did he take all the serum with him? Was he afraid the survivors would become ill and want to take "his" serum so he grabbed it and ran. Why hasn't Jack found the serum and wondered about its importance?

I think Desmond is an "other" and has only been in the hatch a short time waiting for the survivors to find him. I also think Danielle is an other and she has been pushing them into situations for the benefit of the experiments. It was Danielle that finally gave them the information that allowed them to discover the dynamite and get into the hatch in the first place.

Why the other left the place is a mystery, although some have posted good theories.  Maybe they ran out of medicine and became worried of infection (or got infected) and the children (Walt, et al) can help in some off way to get them medicated?
i cant imagine they have left it. i would guess they have several places that they stay at, and when they are not at certain places they make it appear like it is deserted. we know they are all very cautious about covering their tracks.
Right, but if they're so cautious, why did they leave behind the glue and beard?

He was injecting himself with the serum (presumably the same serum Claire was injected with)

If he felt isolated you would think he would be excited to see other people and want to stay and share his experience in the bunker with them. If he felt pushing the button was critical he would want to spend a little more time convincing them of its importance.

When he left did he take all the serum with him? Was he afraid the survivors would become ill and want to take "his" serum so he grabbed it and ran. Why hasn't Jack found the serum and wondered about its importance?

I think Desmond is an "other" and has only been in the hatch a short time waiting for the survivors to find him. I also think Danielle is an other and she has been pushing them into situations for the benefit of the experiments. It was Danielle that finally gave them the information that allowed them to discover the dynamite and get into the hatch in the first place.
If you recall, the computer had been shot and was malfunctioning when Desmond booked out of there. He seemed to be taking it very seriously.I'm in the dupe camp for Desmond.

I'll also add that the only people we've seen injected are Desmond and Claire's stomach/BABEEE. We've not seen a known Other inject anything.

I'm thinking the injections do not prevent anything.

Right, but if they're so cautious, why did they leave behind the glue and beard?
...and the booty that Claire made for Aaron, and the flashlights. They took the operating table, but why did they leave and knock over that heavy ### medical refrigerator??Desmond - Major Other

Henry Gale - Other (but he might not be).

Danielle - Isolated nutjob, who's daughter was kidnapped, and she doesn't trust anyone.

One possibility occurs to me--somebody (Libby?) warned them.  That would lead them to evacuate in a hurry, which also explains why some things (chair, bootie, flashlights, disguise) were left behind in the rush.
I believe they do have disguises at each location. The theatrical glue had the symbol of the medical hatch on it, meaning it was meant for that hatch. Other hatches possibly also have disguises.
I think you are correct, there are probably multiple disguises. I do think that they scrapped/left that medical hatch because Claire escaped. I am sure that they are also aware of the french lady, so they probably also don't want her to find them.Also, one interesting thing in terms of the fake beard timeline is that Zeke had his beard and hat on when he kidnapped Walt, but he did not have the same hat on (which Kate found) when they kidnapped Kate and told Locke/Jack/Sawyer to not bother them again.

Couple of thoughts:

1. Disguise was to make the survivors think that the Others had been there for a long time and have struggled. Don't know why but maybe my second idea has something to do with it.

2. When you see the clean shaving dude in the medical hatch dressed business casual and then think about the damn washer & dryer in the hatch with the button, I get the impression that the others come and go off the island as they please. The expiriments haven't stopped or "gone horribly wrong", they are still going on and this is all an elaborate ruse to make the survivors think they on some far away island and no one is coming for them.

Think about the food stocks on the island, the amount of serum on the island, etc. Do the math and you see that those supplies aren't nearly enough to last that long for that amount of people. Now, couple that with soemthing mentioned above about the island itself. That whatever "it" is about the island, it has been going on long before DHARMA got there but DHARMA is trying to gain control over "it" or understand "it" better.

If he felt isolated you would think he would be excited to see other people and want to stay and share his experience in the bunker with them.  If he felt pushing the button was critical he would want to spend a little more time convincing them of its importance.

When he left did he take all the serum with him?  Was he afraid the survivors would become ill and want to take "his" serum so he grabbed it and ran.  Why hasn't Jack found the serum and wondered about its importance?

I think Desmond is an "other" and has only been in the hatch a short time waiting for the survivors to find him.  I also think Danielle is an other and she has been pushing them into situations for the benefit of the experiments.  It was Danielle that finally gave them the information that allowed them to discover the dynamite and get into the hatch in the first place.
If you recall, the computer had been shot and was malfunctioning when Desmond booked out of there. He seemed to be taking it very seriously.I'm in the dupe camp for Desmond.
I think I agree, but I do not think Danielle is an Other. I think she is the last living member of her expedition, which 16 years ago was in the same position as the flight 815 survivors. Based on her reactions when she didn't find the Others after taking Aaron and other times, I don't think she is a plant. We even saw evidence of that when she brought Claire back to the survivors.

I do think that they scrapped/left that medical hatch because Claire escaped.
If that's the case, they would've/should've booby-trapped it or posted a guard.
Not necessarily. I meant that they didn't want to leave evidence of what the Others are "really" doing on the island. I don't think they care that they find the hatch itself, versus being able to go through the medical hatch with everything in tact.They haven't killed all of the flight 815 folks, so they don't just want them dead, but they definitely don't want the flight 815 folks going into their "territory" and finding out more about what the Others are actually doing, i.e. the Dharma experiments.

Users who are viewing this thread