What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (1 Viewer)

We don't actually "know" this. I think it is still quite plausible that the serum is a placebo and that no "illness" exists. None of the survivors have contracted this illness and the only people that seem to know about the illness are Danielle and Desmond.

I suppose you could argue that Henry Gale's wife died of the illness but he used the word fever. He didn't say that she went crazy of some strange illness.

The savage costumes, the timer, and the illness all have the same purpose. To make people afraid and submissive. If they don't do as they are told they will be killed by savages, the world will blow up, or the cure to the illness will be witheld.
:goodposting: I havent bought the sickness or the timer either. Just Dharma manipulation.

If it is just Dharma manipulation, why did the medical hatch have a "escape door" exit to it?

Doesn't make sense. Anybody they bring in there is going to be drugged up. Why would they have a need for that, if there wasn't really an illness or anything?

If it is just Dharma manipulation, why did the medical hatch have a "escape door" exit to it?

Doesn't make sense. Anybody they bring in there is going to be drugged up. Why would they have a need for that, if there wasn't really an illness or anything?
How many Others have we seen injected with the "serum"? And, no, Desmond doesnt count.Why didnt Rousseau get sick?

Why havent we seen a single person get sick?

Why didnt the orientation film mention the serum?

How many Others have we seen injected with the "serum"? And, no, Desmond doesnt count.Why didnt Rousseau get sick?

Why havent we seen a single person get sick?

Why didnt the orientation film mention the serum?
A few of my opinions, so might not be correct:- We have barely seen the others so of course we haven't seen them inject themselves. As Cappy alludes to something similar above, if Ethan knew Claire was going to get whacked, he really had no reason to lie to her when he said that they had enough serum for Aaron but not her. I think Ethan was really getting to like Claire, or at least drugged up Claire. Remember, bad guys always tell the truth about their plans/situations when they think the good guys are going to die. ;)

- Rousseau didn't get sick because she shot the rest of her crew before she got sick. We have no idea how people even get sick or whether it is contagious. Anyway, as I have mentioned various times before, I really do believe Rousseau is telling the truth. I may be wrong, but I think if Rousseau was an Other, they would have shown us (the fans) her meeting with them, etc. Everything they have shown backs up the theory that she was in the exact same position as the 815 folks, had her daughter kidnapped and has survived for 16 years trying to find her daughter. She told Sayid that Henry would lie about everything, so methinks that she has had more run ins with the Others than we know.

- Why would the orientation film mention the serum? Since we saw that it was Dharma Theatrical Glue, it seems pretty apparent to me that the orientation film was put together by the same folks that are the Others. Not every Other is Dharma employee (like Alex and the other kids), but Zeke probably works in the same team as the guy in the film. I think Desmond got duped and the hatch he was in is all part of the setup.

P.S. my list above was just opinion as well, we still don't know all the answers, just trying to lay out that last night really did lay out a lot of detail. Whether or not everything we saw was in fact true, who knows.

By the way, do you still hate Claire so much or do you tolerate her more now that she helped us learn a lot more?I have to say that I will pat my self on the back for partially defending a Claire centric episode a few pages back because I knew that since she was kidnapped for sometime by the Others her show would have more answers than any survivor except maybe Rousseau. :patonbackover:

Hey just in case any Lost writers are reading, a few episode Rousseau back story would be pretty cool.

Hey just in case any Lost writers are reading, a few episode Rousseau back story would be pretty cool.
This show has become so lame. It plays out like a 'choose your own adventure' book. :thumbdown:

This show has become so lame. It plays out like a 'choose your own adventure' book. :thumbdown:
How so? What exactly are you referring to in this case. I know I have seen in this thread a few cases where things have popped up this season that were tied directly to events in the first season.Or are you just upset that the whole Purgatory idea just got another big dagger in the back? ;)

Personally, I still love the show. I think it is by far the best TV drama that I have ever watched. It seems really well thought out and to me it feels like the writers do still have their original ending planned out. I also like the fact that it is a long single story, versus a CSI which is a 1 episode start to end story. Don't get me wrong, CSI is a great show, but I have always been a big movie fan who likes good character development and watching things unfold.

Also, I am one of the fans that actually likes the back stories and I really would like to know exactly what did happen to Rousseau and her crew/kid.

Oh well, I am really tired now, and there isn't a new episode for a while so adios for a bit.

A few of my opinions, so might not be correct:

- We have barely seen the others so of course we haven't seen them inject themselves. As Cappy alludes to something similar above, if Ethan knew Claire was going to get whacked, he really had no reason to lie to her when he said that they had enough serum for Aaron but not her. I think Ethan was really getting to like Claire, or at least drugged up Claire. Remember, bad guys always tell the truth about their plans/situations when they think the good guys are going to die. ;)

Just because Claire was drugged doesnt mean she was euphoric all the time. She didnt react too well to Alex's actions, did she? Ethan may have been telling her what he thought she wanted to hear. Regardless, his line is far from proof that the sickness is real; Alex made it pretty clear that Claire was going to die.

- Rousseau didn't get sick because she shot the rest of her crew before she got sick. We have no idea how people even get sick or whether it is contagious. Anyway, as I have mentioned various times before, I really do believe Rousseau is telling the truth. I may be wrong, but I think if Rousseau was an Other, they would have shown us (the fans) her meeting with them, etc. Everything they have shown backs up the theory that she was in the exact same position as the 815 folks, had her daughter kidnapped and has survived for 16 years trying to find her daughter. She told Sayid that Henry would lie about everything, so methinks that she has had more run ins with the Others than we know.

Rousseau has never described what the sickness was, not to mention the fact that she has already lied to the survivors. The fact that she said they got sick is not proof that there is a illness on the island.

- Why would the orientation film mention the serum? Since we saw that it was Dharma Theatrical Glue, it seems pretty apparent to me that the orientation film was put together by the same folks that are the Others. Not every Other is Dharma employee (like Alex and the other kids), but Zeke probably works in the same team as the guy in the film. I think Desmond got duped and the hatch he was in is all part of the setup.

Thanks for making my point. If Desmond was manipulated into pressing the button, why couldnt he been manipulated into believing there is an illness?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the camp that says that there is simply no way that this show can "end" well. There's just been too much buildup and the final end game is just going to disappoint.

But, having said that, I think it's also gotten to the point where they can't even attempt to combat that feeling. All this episode did was open 4 or 5 other potential important stories. How many different story lines, intertwined with all the others, can they possibly have going before the load is too much to carry?

I don't mind the character development and mystery and elongated satisfaction of some of the plots, but I think it's time that they tied up some loose ends to move the story forward. There needs to be some kind of answer at this point, which while not giving away everything, gives the audience enough to latch on to as they move forward.

If they keep finding hatches, others, have dreams, flashbacks, etc etc without ever even trying to connect something important, the end game is going to be that much worse. Like Carnivale on HBO, only much much worse.
Perhaps this is the overall goal of the writers...a seemingly never ending twist of suspenseful plots that leads the audience down one trail after another but in the end the viewer is simply left "LOST" in all the story lines. While that may be a dissappointing "end game", they could squeeze out many many successful seasons without ever having an actual "end" in mind.

By the way, do you still hate Claire so much or do you tolerate her more now that she helped us learn a lot more?I have to say that I will pat my self on the back for partially defending a Claire centric episode a few pages back because I knew that since she was kidnapped for sometime by the Others her show would have more answers than any survivor except maybe Rousseau. :patonbackover:

I still don't like Claire, but enjoyed the episode.

So because you don't know what is going on you don't think the writers do either? They already know what is going to happen or do you really think ABC just hands over cash for a show to writers who are going to "wing it"?

It seemed to me Ethan was making up the whole infection scenario to scare Claire into giving up the *******.
Then why was Desmond injecting himself with the same stuff?
Desmond's vialsEthan's vials
Those numbers again. Signifigance to the numbers tied in to the medicine/drugs? Probably just the opposite, but intriguing.
I am not certain Desmond was injecting himself with the SAME stuff.. Similar, yes. the Vials Desmond has do not appear to have the DHARMA logo on them, while the ones in the medical cabinet do.

It seemed to me Ethan was making up the whole infection scenario to scare Claire into giving up the *******.
Those numbers again. Signifigance to the numbers tied in to the medicine/drugs? Probably just the opposite, but intriguing.
I am not certain Desmond was injecting himself with the SAME stuff.. Similar, yes. the Vials Desmond has do not appear to have the DHARMA logo on them, while the ones in the medical cabinet do.
The logos arent the same. Desmond's were from the Swan station and had a swan logo. Ethan's were from the medicinal bunker and had the caduceus logo.

Some random stuff I was thinking about...

Regarding the orientation film and the serum....after we saw the film when Locke and Jack watched it, didn't you have the feeling that there were other films that were unique to each hatch? Yet when Locke spliced missing parts from Eko into the original film, those two films seemed the same. They lined up.

You would think that the serum/illness might be mentioned on a medical hatch film.

Do you think there is just one overall film, with at minimum two copies produced? The copies were for people like Desmond, not the Others?

Could that mean there was a timer (possibly destroyed or just not found) in the Tailies hatch? Interesting that Locke or anyone else has not wanted to see the other hatch, unless he was told the journey is too dangerous per the Tailies/Sawyer/Jin/Michael and that it was abandoned.

There's something that continues to gnaw at me the more I watch this show. I couldn't put my finger on it until Jack and Locke really had it out earlier this season and now I know what it is. The conflicts seem to closely parallel the Lord of the Flies. Its getting to the point where I keep expecting someone to say "I have the conch!".

William Golding's classic tale about a group of English schoolboys who are plane-wrecked on a deserted island is just as chilling and relevant today as when it was first published in 1954. At first, the stranded boys cooperate, attempting to gather food, make shelters, and maintain signal fires. Overseeing their efforts are Ralph, "the boy with fair hair," and Piggy, Ralph's chubby, wisdom-dispensing sidekick whose thick spectacles come in handy for lighting fires. Although Ralph tries to impose order and delegate responsibility, there are many in their number who would rather swim, play, or hunt the island's wild pig population. Soon Ralph's rules are being ignored or challenged outright. His fiercest antagonist is Jack, the redheaded leader of the pig hunters,
Jack from Lost = Ralph (leader of the group)Locke = Jack from the book (Jack/Ralph's antogonist)Hurley = Piggy (fat boy dispensing wisdom)The beast = the beast (unknown thing in the middle of the island)Both examine the breakdown of social order in the absence of authority. I think they were even both set in the Pacific. Its been a while since I read the book, but it seems like there are alot of similiarities.

Interesting that Locke or anyone else has not wanted to see the other hatch, unless he was told the journey is too dangerous per the Tailies/Sawyer/Jin/Michael and that it was abandoned.
:goodposting: Why hasn't there been any discussion about their hatch? I also wonder why there is so little exploration of these structures in general. You don't just dig a hole and throw a structure into it, there must've been some machinery, shouldn't there have been?

I've been kicking this theory around for a while and although I don't think it will be the answer to the island (too many inconsistencies), I think it's interesting anyhow.

What if the island were an experiment to determine which effects your inherent "goodness" more, your soul or your collection of experiences?

So you take people who are inherently good or bad, erase their experiences (memories) and give them new conflicting ones (where they used to be "good" their memories now tell them they are "bad"). Then you put them on the island add a little stress and see which dominates their actions, the soul or the experience.

Like I said, it probably doesn't bear out, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyhow.

Sorry if this was already mentioned, just watched LOST on my Tivo.

What was up with Ecko cutting off his hair and the comments to Henry (or is it Harry)?

The logos arent the same. Desmond's were from the Swan station and had a swan logo. Ethan's were from the medicinal bunker and had the caduceus logo.
Caduceus or Staff of Asclepius?Would be interesting if were the the Caduceus design (with 2 snakes and wings) that is mostly used in America rather than the "correct" Staff of Asclepius design (one snake, no wings) that most of the world uses.

I thought last week's ep more or less said that there is "civilized" life on the island - not that everyone is living in the wild. Factor in that as the suriviors were driving deeper into the jungle, Zeke and crew show up and make everybody turn back - as if they were getting too close ot something, like a factory building or some other type of facility that could support civilized life.

Considering that and the theatrical glue, I'm guessing our crew isn't in as remote a location as we are lead to believe. For instance, imagine crashing in the wild of Australia and being confined to a certain area - you would likely assume that you are on a small deserted island in some remote area of the world.

1. How many episodes have been shown so far this year? I have the last 2 new episodes on my DVR and will tape the remaining ones.

2. Short of downloading on watching on my computer, DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SEASON 2 EPISODES up to this point on tape/dvdr that I can borrow or a week or so?

Just started watching the season 1 dvd about 3 weeks ago and we are finished. Need to get the first 1/2 of season 2.

TIA, and I'll make it worth your while.

1. How many episodes have been shown so far this year? I have the last 2 new episodes on my DVR and will tape the remaining ones.

2. Short of downloading on watching on my computer, DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SEASON 2 EPISODES up to this point on tape/dvdr that I can borrow or a week or so?

Just started watching the season 1 dvd about 3 weeks ago and we are finished. Need to get the first 1/2 of season 2.

1. 152. iTunes

1.  How many episodes have been shown so far this year?  I have the last 2 new episodes on my DVR and will tape the remaining ones.

2.  Short of downloading on watching on my computer, DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SEASON 2 EPISODES up to this point on tape/dvdr that I can borrow or a week or so?

Just started watching the season 1 dvd about 3 weeks ago and we are finished.  Need to get the  first 1/2 of season 2.

1. 152. iTunes ISOHUNT
Download for a day maybe less and watch them on your puter... cant go wrong there.

1. 152. iTunes ISOHUNT
Download for a day maybe less and watch them on your puter... cant go wrong there.
iTunes and this -- ok. However, I'll have to watch FIFTEEN episodes on my computer instead of my 50" Sony. THAT is what I'm trying to accomplish.

iTunes and this -- ok. However, I'll have to watch FIFTEEN episodes on my computer instead of my 50" Sony. THAT is what I'm trying to accomplish.
You are not going to get a high quality video file from anywhere right now unless people taped them and most likely most people have it on DVR instead. Therefore your only true options are to download them and watch them via computer. If you want to pay for them go through iTunes, if you want to only watch them once or twice then go through ISOHUNT.

A few of my opinions, so might not be correct:

- We have barely seen the others so of course we haven't seen them inject themselves. As Cappy alludes to something similar above, if Ethan knew Claire was going to get whacked, he really had no reason to lie to her when he said that they had enough serum for Aaron but not her. I think Ethan was really getting to like Claire, or at least drugged up Claire. Remember, bad guys always tell the truth about their plans/situations when they think the good guys are going to die. ;)

Just because Claire was drugged doesnt mean she was euphoric all the time.  She didnt react too well to Alex's actions, did she?  Ethan may have been telling her what he thought she wanted to hear.  Regardless, his line is far from proof that the sickness is real; Alex made it pretty clear that Claire was going to die.

Rousseau has never described what the sickness was, not to mention the fact that she has already lied to the survivors.  The fact that she said they got sick is not proof that there is a illness on the island.

Thanks for making my point.  If Desmond was manipulated into pressing the button, why couldnt he been manipulated into believing there is an illness?
I think that my opinions making your point is a stretch. You are trying to say that there is no illness and that it is all a manipulation, correct?I agree that Desmond may have been manipulated into pressing the button, but I am not 100% on that. I also agree, that the Others are manipulating the survivors and that is pretty much proven.

I do not agree that because there has been manipulation that the illness is a made up story. Like I said above, I do actually believe Rousseau's back story, and if I believe her, then I have to believe that there is some sort of sickness. I also don't think Ethan had any reason to lie to Claire if Alex was correct and they were going to kill her after having the baby. If you believe Alex, why wouldn't you believe Ethan?

Anyway, this really is just a difference in opinion not a discussion of proof (which obviously does not exist at this point either way), because we have not seen any illness so far and we have also not seen that Rousseau is lying either. There may be an illness and there may not, no one knows for certain.

I do not agree that because there has been manipulation that the illness is a made up story. Like I said above, I do actually believe Rousseau's back story, and if I believe her, then I have to believe that there is some sort of sickness. I also don't think Ethan had any reason to lie to Claire if Alex was correct and they were going to kill her after having the baby. If you believe Alex, why wouldn't you believe Ethan?

But Ethan told Claire she could go back to the other survivors...

Anyway, this really is just a difference in opinion not a discussion of proof (which obviously does not exist at this point either way), because we have not seen any illness so far and we have also not seen that Rousseau is lying either. There may be an illness and there may not, no one knows for certain.

We dont know the truth about Rousseau's shipmates, but she did lie about the black smoke.
I agree about the lack of evidence, but I guess I feel that Ive seen nothing to make me believe the sickness is real. The stuff Ethan was injecting in Claire seemed to put her in that "tipsy" state. Not to mention the fact that he seemed to be poking her randomly, not using an ultrasound to actually inject Aaron.

We dont know the truth about Rousseau's shipmates, but she did lie about the black smoke.
I agree about the lack of evidence, but I guess I feel that Ive seen nothing to make me believe the sickness is real. The stuff Ethan was injecting in Claire seemed to put her in that "tipsy" state. Not to mention the fact that he seemed to be poking her randomly, not using an ultrasound to actually inject Aaron.
Dr. Van Nostrand is, after all, a fake dermatologist. We should probably trust his opinion on this one.

1.  How many episodes have been shown so far this year?  I have the last 2 new episodes on my DVR and will tape the remaining ones.

2.  Short of downloading on watching on my computer, DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SEASON 2 EPISODES up to this point on tape/dvdr that I can borrow or a week or so?

Just started watching the season 1 dvd about 3 weeks ago and we are finished.  Need to get the  first 1/2 of season 2.

1. 152. iTunes ISOHUNT
I use www.tvtorrents.com... They download pretty quick.. especially the newer ones.

Dr. Van Nostrand is, after all, a fake dermatologist. We should probably trust his opinion on this one.
Why would he, a Juliard trained Dermatologist, need to be second-guessed?

I may not be a Juliard trained dermatologist, but my sister is a doctor, which I think trumps the fact that I never played one on TV or stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.That said, did Ethan have to inject Aaron directly or could he be putting the serum into the amniotic fluid? Again, not knowing anything real about the illness/serum makes any discussion moot, but I guess I could live with the notion that Ethan didn't have to inject the serum directly into Aaron, but into Claire in a spot that would more easily get absorbed by Aaron.

Anyway, I know that there is no proof either way, but at this point, I guess I am still willing to give Rousseau the benefit of the doubt. At first, I might have lumped her in as a possible Other, but now I do believe her and her story. After the past few episodes, I believe her story even more and I think her line about killing Aaron if they had to was said with 100% conviction.

Tonight's episode is a repeat from season 1...

Whatever the Case May Be

Jack, Kate and Sawyer fight over possession of a newly discovered locked metal briefcase which might contain insights into Kate's mysterious past. Meanwhile, Sayid asks a reluctant Shannon to translate notes he took from the French woman. A rising tide threatens to engulf the fuselage and the entire beach encampment, and Rose and a grieving Charlie tentatively bond over Claire's baffling kidnapping.

Personally, in the limited amount of episodes I've seen, my favorite character is the "Han Solo" dude.

NERD ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

:nerd:

This show is for losers!!!!

:excited:

Anybody who sacrifices this much of their life into something so fake needs to just pull the trigger no!!!

Go outside look around you, explore your own life. LOSERS!!!!!!

I probably could have hooked this up, but my DVR crapped out and I just had it replaced 2 weeks ago, so I lost all my season 2 episodes. :angry:
Stupid question and slight hijack... how do you get video from your DVR to your computer? Or do you have a stand-alone dvd recorder?

NERD ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody who sacrifices this much of their life into something so fake needs to just pull the trigger no!!!

:fishing: Remember that you too are posting on a fantasy football internet message board.

NERD ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

:fishing: Remember that you too are posting on a fantasy football internet message board.
During the off season.

NERD ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about losers your member# 19994. Loser, at 20000 you could have won semi-valuable prizes.

NERD ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

Go outside look around you, explore your own life.  LOSERS!!!!!!
I was going to say the same thing.

Based on this link:

SPOILER

I'm guessing the dude locked up in the hatch, Henry Gale, is actually telling the truth.  In the picture, it looks like they've found his wife grave, and they're looking up at something.  I'm guessing its a hot air ballon stuck in a tree that they're looking at.

Based on this link:

SPOILER

I'm guessing the dude locked up in the hatch, Henry Gale, is actually telling the truth.  In the picture, it looks like they've found his wife grave, and they're looking up at something.  I'm guessing its a hot air ballon stuck in a tree that they're looking at.
I had to look at the promo photos since it is still 8 days till the new episode.
They probably did find the balloon, but for some reason I am still not convinced that it isn't all a plant. There is still something about the way the guy looked at Sayid when Jack protected him and the way he tried to manipulate Locke, that makes me think he is just a plant.

Bump for tonight's repeat from season 1...

House of the Rising Sun

Walt and the others are shocked when Michael is brutally beaten, but only the non-English-speaking Jin and Sun know the truth behind the attack. Meanwhile Kate, Jack, Sawyer and Sayid argue about where the survivors should camp -- on the beach, where they're more likely to be seen, or in a remote inland valley where fresh water abounds; and Locke discovers Charlie's secret.

New episodes start next week...

Based on this link:

SPOILER

I had to look at the promo photos since it is still 8 days till the new episode.
They probably did find the balloon, but for some reason I am still not convinced that it isn't all a plant. There is still something about the way the guy looked at Sayid when Jack protected him and the way he tried to manipulate Locke, that makes me think he is just a plant.
Right, it's possible his story of getting on the island is true, but that still doesn't rule out that he's "in" with the others. Maybe he joined them after or he was on his way to join them the whole time and the hot air balloon was his method of transportation. And maybe the hot air balloon was needed because the island is not stationary or something.

Or, he could just be assuming the identity of a guy the others previously found and took/killed.

Based on this link:

SPOILER

Right, it's possible his story of getting on the island is true, but that still doesn't rule out that he's "in" with the others. Maybe he joined them after or he was on his way to join them the whole time and the hot air balloon was his method of transportation. And maybe the hot air balloon was needed because the island is not stationary or something.

Or, he could just be assuming the identity of a guy the others previously found and took/killed.
True. By the way, put the Quote box around your white text as it will hide your spoiler text. The white text is still visible in the light blue. You have to actually read it, so don't worry about it, but just in the future.Right now, I doubt very many people are even checking the thread. I saw Hulk posting so I figured there may be a juicy tidbit to get me through one more rerun.

Oh and my reply to yours:

At this point, I will be more surprised if Gale isn't an other. It would be very easy for an Other to assume someone's identity or for him to be an offshore Other, who as you said was coming to the island.

If you take a leap based on the last episode that the Others are the original Dharma folks, then it is highly likely that they are still communicating/connected to the Hanso Foundation. If that link was broken, then I don't know why they would continue the charade of being savages and still do research. Henry Gale said he was a wealthy guy, so maybe he was ballooning to get to the island to see the Dharma folks.

I guess we will find out, but I don't trust that he is like Rousseau and the 815 survivors, who I believe crashed on the island. There is 5% of me that does think that he crashed and that his look at Sayid and manipulation of Locke could just be to try and get out. If I were innocent and locked up after being shot by an arrow, I might try anything I could to get out to, but he also isn't very convincing, which an innocent person should be.

Users who are viewing this thread