Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series

No one caught the typo in Jin's subtitles? Near the end, something he said was translated as, "You're father ...."

Smoo would have flipped.

I noticed it...drove me crazy...am I turning into Smoo?

Thought it was pretty boring tonight. Next weeks looks awfully good though.

Terrible episode - Sun's pregnancy and the most idiotic set up for the Losties to fall for.

'LOST' is like a really, really bad choose your own adventure book. The show blows.

And yet you feel compelled to watch and post in this thread. Guess that pretty much means you're :own3d:

Tonight's Sawyer book:  Judy Bloom 'Are you there God, It's me, Margaret.

:shrug:

They also made sure to show you Sun's pregnancy test was from the Widmore Labs.  IIRC, there was a Widmore Construction sign in a Charlie flashback.  :rubschin:

I think it's highly likely that the pregnancy test wasn't on the plane. Why else would the writers have Kate ask "who brings a pregnancy test on a plane?"

The fact that a medical supply came from Sawyer's stash that was not on the plane could mean a lot of different things.

Further proof that even the plane was part of the Dharma plan???

Is it possible that the pregnacy test was taken from the hatch?

Or, you know - Sun took it on the plane, and that is how she knew it would be with the medical supplies in the first place.

Kate asked that question for a reason... that wasn't random dialoge.

Exactly. It as far as I can tell, that was the only reason for that scene was to say that line. Why else would Sun need to go get Kate? To hold the test whilst she pissed on it? That whole scene was a vehicle to get that line out.

:goodposting:

You guys are both correct, when there is dialogue like that it is for a reason. Think back to a few scenes like:

1. Rose telling Jack her husband is alive. At first it seemed like Rose was just crazy/an eternal optimist, but that scene was basically a clue that the tailies were alive.

2. Sawyer talking to Michael after the shark saying that the Other's boat was just an island hopping boat. This hasn't completely been told yet, but to me this line basically cemented to me that the Others hadn't crashed on the island. If they had, they wouldn't have a small boat like that to travel around the island.

3. Hurley telling Libby that he recognizes her from before and her coming back with that lame he stepped on her foot (impossible with him in the front and her in the back). We haven't seen the complete progression, but that one line was definitely setting something up that I am sure we will see when we go back in Hurley/Libby's back story.

I am sure there are others, but obvious lines like that tend to have a purpose, especially since Sun didn't really say anything back.

Or maybe like Libby asking Hurley, "Do the washer and dryer look newer than everything else?" to poke fun at the internet geeks. Could just as easily have been a pre-emptive shot at the question they knew would come.

Did it seem odd to you that none of the 3 of them thought it possible that it was a trap? It wasn't even considered by them. Seems pretty short-sighted considering that at least 1 of them, Sayid, definitely considers him to be an other.

Just giving a counter argument to this post.....

Ana Lucia could have thought it was a trap, which is why she asked Charlie for his gun. "Give it to someone who can use it" or whatever her quote was.

IMO Gale is an other. He WAS quizzing Jack and Locke. "What is the computer for? Where did the cereal come from?" etc.

Correct me if I am wrong on the timeline, but isn't Gale's story that his balloon crashed before the plane did?

I suppose it is possible for the balloon to still be hung up in the trees after all this time, but it would probably be ripped to shreds. The fact that (in the previews) it looks to be intact ("Why isn't it raining here?") leads me to believe that it is a set up.

If Gale turns out NOT to be an other, than I want to know why he has seemed so deceiving in the hatch....

Which is stupid because we know what happens with one gun up against a group of Others.

I thought I heard Desmonds voice in next weeks pre views. Did anyone else hear it?

Tonight's Sawyer book:  Judy Bloom 'Are you there God, It's me, Margaret.

:shrug:

They also made sure to show you Sun's pregnancy test was from the Widmore Labs.  IIRC, there was a Widmore Construction sign in a Charlie flashback.  :rubschin:

I think it's highly likely that the pregnancy test wasn't on the plane. Why else would the writers have Kate ask "who brings a pregnancy test on a plane?"

The fact that a medical supply came from Sawyer's stash that was not on the plane could mean a lot of different things.

Further proof that even the plane was part of the Dharma plan???

Is it possible that the pregnacy test was taken from the hatch?

Or, you know - Sun took it on the plane, and that is how she knew it would be with the medical supplies in the first place.

Kate asked that question for a reason... that wasn't random dialoge.

Exactly. It as far as I can tell, that was the only reason for that scene was to say that line. Why else would Sun need to go get Kate? To hold the test whilst she pissed on it? That whole scene was a vehicle to get that line out.

You guys are both correct, when there is dialogue like that it is for a reason. Think back to a few scenes like:

1. Rose telling Jack her husband is alive. At first it seemed like Rose was just crazy/an eternal optimist, but that scene was basically a clue that the tailies were alive.

2. Sawyer talking to Michael after the shark saying that the Other's boat was just an island hopping boat. This hasn't completely been told yet, but to me this line basically cemented to me that the Others hadn't crashed on the island. If they had, they wouldn't have a small boat like that to travel around the island.

3. Hurley telling Libby that he recognizes her from before and her coming back with that lame he stepped on her foot (impossible with him in the front and her in the back). We haven't seen the complete progression, but that one line was definitely setting something up that I am sure we will see when we go back in Hurley/Libby's back story.

I am sure there are others, but obvious lines like that tend to have a purpose, especially since Sun didn't really say anything back.

Or maybe like Libby asking Hurley, "Do the washer and dryer look newer than everything else?" to poke fun at the internet geeks. Could just as easily have been a pre-emptive shot at the question they knew would come.

Very good point. That could be the case as well. I guess the only correct statement is that lines like that which are put out there to grab your attention are either future indicators or poking fun. That Kate line was almost shoved down our throats and Sun just seemed to ignore it.

Don't forget about Hurley joking about the radio signal coming from "another time" when he and Sayid picked up the old song on the radio. That was clearly poking fun at all of the outlandish theories about the island (although with a smoke monster, how outlandish is any thought? ;) ).

Although, don't dismiss the Libby line about the newness of the washer/dryer as just poking fun, yet. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we learn something interesting about how recently, and possibly still going on, the hatch/bunkers got supplies. I still think it was a line for the fans, but if we weren't discussing the washer/dryer online, maybe it would have just been another "hey why is this so new." Didn't Henry mention something like that about the cereal when he asked how old it was?

I thought I heard Desmonds voice in next weeks pre views. Did anyone else hear it?

Nah, they were just editing the preview in the room next the 24 folks.

Did it seem odd to you that none of the 3 of them thought it possible that it was a trap?  It wasn't even considered by them.  Seems pretty short-sighted considering that at least 1 of them, Sayid, definitely considers him to be an other.

Ana Lucia could have thought it was a trap, which is why she asked Charlie for his gun. "Give it to someone who can use it" or whatever her quote was.

IMO Gale is an other. He WAS quizzing Jack and Locke. "What is the computer for? Where did the cereal come from?" etc.

Correct me if I am wrong on the timeline, but isn't Gale's story that his balloon crashed before the plane did?

I suppose it is possible for the balloon to still be hung up in the trees after all this time, but it would probably be ripped to shreds. The fact that (in the previews) it looks to be intact ("Why isn't it raining here?") leads me to believe that it is a set up.

If Gale turns out NOT to be an other, than I want to know why he has seemed so deceiving in the hatch....

Which is stupid because we know what happens with one gun up against a group of Others.

I was thinking it being a trap was kind of obvious. I'm not sure what the writers are doing here really, unless he isnt an Other. But he really seems like one to me.

Couldn't the balloon belong to Desmond?

Didn't he say that he was on a race around the world?

Also if I remember correctly didn't he tell Jack you always need a smile on your face in the flashback with him? That would make sense regarding the smiley face on the balloon.

I just throwing out there. Sorry if its a honda, dont feel like searching.

Also if I remember correctly didn't he tell Jack you always need a smile on your face in the flashback with him? That would make sense regarding the smiley face on the balloon.

Don't know if it was posted, but nice points.

I thought I heard Desmond as well. The very last words of the preview. "What's happening?" It sure sounded like him to me.

I thought I heard Desmond as well. The very last words of the preview. "What's happening?" It sure sounded like him to me.

Lumbergh?

Did it seem odd to you that none of the 3 of them thought it possible that it was a trap? It wasn't even considered by them. Seems pretty short-sighted considering that at least 1 of them, Sayid, definitely considers him to be an other.

I was thinking it being a trap was kind of obvious. I'm not sure what the writers are doing here really, unless he isnt an Other. But he really seems like one to me.

What made the most sense to me is that he set up the idea that he's an Other and that the Others will capture them when they go for the balloon. When that doesn't happen and they find the balloon, he won't be viewed as an Other anymore because the set up didn't happen. Edited by cstu

Lumbergh?

Good thought, I do remember the voice saying Jack would be needed to come to the hatch on Sunday as well.

I thought it was Sayid's voice. I rewatched the preview last night and the voice comes up a matter of seconds after we see Sayid say something like "step back" and then the barriers come down. I will watch it again tonight just to be sure, but right now I would say I am 99% sure that it was Sayid saying that.

Did it seem odd to you that none of the 3 of them thought it possible that it was a trap?  It wasn't even considered by them.  Seems pretty short-sighted considering that at least 1 of them, Sayid, definitely considers him to be an other.

What made the most sense to me is that he set up the idea that he's an Other and that the Others will capture them when they go for the balloon. When that doesn't happen and they find the balloon, he won't be viewed as an Other anymore because the set up didn't happen.

I like that thought. Kind of makes him more credible. At this point, I think he is not an Other just because that would be more of a twist than him being an Other.

That doesn't mean he will turn out to be a good guy in the end, but it wouldn't surprise me if he is not an Other.

Also if I remember correctly didn't he tell Jack you always need a smile on your face in the flashback with him?  That would make sense regarding the smiley face on the balloon.

I just throwing out there.  Sorry if its a honda, dont feel like searching.

I always thought he was racing a boat. I don't remember if he actually even mentioned the vehicle he used.

Also, to me the picture of the balloon sure didn't look like a round the world balloon. The basket looked like a normal hot air balloon. If you ever saw the cabins of the balloons that Richard Branson and the other rich guy used to try and go around the world, they looked nothing like that, they looked more like a space capsule. The reason being is that if you are going around the world, you travel at a much higher altitude than a simple hot air balloon.

The balloon in the picture would be more of a hot air ballon that left an island in the South Pacific and crashed on the island. If it is Desmond's then the race around the world would be a crock of ####.

I thought it was Sayid's voice. I rewatched the preview last night and the voice comes up a matter of seconds after we see Sayid say something like "step back" and then the barriers come down. I will watch it again tonight just to be sure, but right now I would say I am 99% sure that it was Sayid saying that.

I concur.

I concur.

Not a doubt in my mind that it was Sayid. The first time I heard it I could tell.

I always thought he was racing a boat. I don't remember if he actually even mentioned the vehicle he used.

:yes:

:yes:

Yeah, sailboat race around the world.

I concur.

Not a doubt in my mind that it was Sayid. The first time I heard it I could tell.

I disagree.

Circle gets the square™

It'll be Desmond.

I concur.

I disagree.

Circle gets the square™

It'll be Desmond.

Apparently in the Candian promo, they show Sayid's face when he says this.

I concur.

I disagree.

Circle gets the square™

It'll be Desmond.

Apparently in the Candian promo, they show Sayid's face when he says this.

:own3d:

Bump for Wednesday's new episode...

Lockdown

When the hatch suddenly takes on a life of its own, Locke is forced to enlist the help of an unlikely ally to control the matter. Meanwhile, Ana Lucia, Sayid and Charlie go off into the jungle to find out the truth about Henry Gale and see if there really is balloon craft out there in the jungle that carried him and his wife to the island.

Lockdown

When the hatch suddenly takes on a life of its own, Locke is forced to enlist the help of an unlikely ally to control the matter. Meanwhile, Ana Lucia, Sayid and Charlie go off into the jungle to find out the truth about Henry Gale and see if there really is balloon craft out there in the jungle that carried him and his wife to the island.

The unlikely ally has to be Henry, no?

Lockdown

That doesn't seem so unlikely. Maybe Desmond? One of the Others?

Lockdown

charlie would also be unlikely.

Lockdown

I agree with Chet. In the preview Henry is climbing in the ducts and when I saw that it made me think that he was actually helping Locke because of the barriers.

I still think that the writers are screwing with us trying to make us think that Henry is an Other. I don't know why, but I definitely flopped over to the other side on that one. I still don't think he is going to be "helpful" to them in the end, but moreso because he may be "sick" or just out to save himself, etc.

Lockdown

I agree with Chet. In the preview Henry is climbing in the ducts and when I saw that it made me think that he was actually helping Locke because of the barriers.

I still think that the writers are screwing with us trying to make us think that Henry is an Other. I don't know why, but I definitely flopped over to the other side on that one. I still don't think he is going to be "helpful" to them in the end, but moreso because he may be "sick" or just out to save himself, etc.

I still think he's an other. Sayid nailed him.

Lockdown

I still think he's an other. Sayid nailed him.

agreed

agreed

ditto.

his comments about the group searching for his balloon would seem to point to a sinister side. rousseau seemed to believe he was too.

I'm not certain, but if I had a gun to my head and had to guess, I'd go with NOT an other.

I'm not certain, but if I had a gun to my head and had to guess, I'd go with NOT an other.

is this truly a guess coming from mr spoiler?

eta: on second thought, dont answer that.....

Edited by NFL Sunday Ticket

:lmao:

I like Hulk and all, but he tries to find out way more than I want to know.

My guess on NOT an Other is just that. If he was an Other, it just seems like there would be no surprise to it. I think it would be a big twist for him to not be an Other, but still try and screw them somehow.

Just think Gilligan's Island. How many Henry Gale's came to the island to meet Gilligan et al, only to figure out a way off and leave Gilligan and heis crew still stranded? I think Henry Gale is an anagram for Davy Jones, or maybe not...

Great! :hot: Now I have a Hulk complex where no matter what he writes I am going to think he "knows something" more. He's like the freaking Oracle.

Thats pure guess on my part.

Just like my "Kate is secretly in league with the Others" theory was also pure guess.

Just a gut feeling is all.

If there was anything to support it, I would've invisitexted it.

Just like my "Kate is secretly in league with the Others" theory was also pure guess.

I got nothin but love for ya Hulk. You save me time every week with your "non earth shattering" spoilers.

BTW, I hope you jumped off that Kate is evil theory by now. ;)

I got nothin but love for ya Hulk. You save me time every week with your "non earth shattering" spoilers.

BTW, I hope you jumped off that Kate is evil theory by now. ;)

I still flash to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusaders when I think about Zeke holding her hostage. Can't help it. She's always butting in on excurisions too. I think she cut a deal with them some time back, maybe after Ethan was killed.

everyone keeps saying next week's show looks awesome. my dvr cut out before next weeks preview was complete. could someone please fill me in.

anyone? :boxing:

First, theres some sort of weird trandmission/static coming over the speakers in the hatch...Then it says 5 events will happen on the island....each one more shocking....and unimaginable...than ever before...

It shows Jack throwing Gale up against a wall....Anna Lucia and Charlie looking up into a tree and seeing the "balloon"...Sayid in the hatch pointing the gun at someone and saying "step back right now"...and the hatch closing (big metal doors lowering), trapping Locke inside as he tries uncuccessfully to slide underneath Indiana Jones style before the bottom of the door hits the ground...then Sayids voice saying "What happened?"

GIDDYUP!

I very well could be mistaken, but it seemed to me that when the hatch doors are closing in the preview, the alarm going off sounded like the same alarm that rang when the timer hit zero a few weeks back.

Has a :tinfoilhat: theory been advanced yet that the island is now a self-perpetuating experiment in human behavior?

Hear me out:

The Others crashed on the island some time ago. They were terrorized by a previous band of "Others". Eventually, the newcomers defeated their island antagonists and held sway over the island...until a fresh bunch of castaways hit the beach.

Eventually, these current plane crash survivors (Jack's group and the Tailies) will become the newest iteration of "Others", destined to attack the next batch of castaways.

This theory may already be playing itself out, that is if Henry Gale is indeed another castaway. Jack, Locke, Sayid, Ecko and Ana Lucia are already tormenting him in ways they would've found deplorable if it had been done to them.

Edited by aardball44

He was flying around the world in that? It doesn't look very big.

They also need to dig up that grave.

Edited by Sludge