What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (2 Viewers)

From the clear map:

P.R.D. every 6-8 months

Something Rations Drop?

Cerberus is also another constellation. Anyone know what constellation "The Flame" could reference?

D.I.H.G.

Dharma Initiative... Human Genome?

And the map definitely gives credence to Hulks "happens in the future" theory.

Assuming the map was drawn (or at least added to) during the 1/06/2006 lockdown. Also assuming that it wasn't done by Desmond (although this is uncertain). How long did Desmond say he was pushing the button? 3-4 years?

The plane crash certainly didn't happen in 2004. Even if Desmond was the one drawing the map it couldn't have crashed until 2006, but probably more like 2009-2010.
On the clear maps that says 1-06-05. The 2006 was suggested by me when we were squinting at handwriting.

Some translations:

sursum corda

a Latin versicle meaning `lift up your hearts'

Nil actum reputa si quid superest agendum

Don't consider that anything has been done if anything is left to be done.

cogito ergo doteo

cogito ergo doleo translates into I think therefore I am depressed

credo nos in fluctu eoden es

Credo nos in fluctu eodem esse translates into I think we're on the same wavelength.

mallum consillium quad mutari non potest

Malum consilium quod mutari non potest translates into It's a bad plan that can't be changed.

hic sunt dracones

which translates to, here are dragons. These simple, etched words signified the end of "discovered" lands, words warning sailors of the uncertainty and dangers of the unknown.

Aegrescit medendo

The disease worsens with the treatment. The remedy is worse than the disease.

Ut sit magna, tamen certe lenta ira deorum est.

The wrath of the gods may be great, but it certainly is slow.

Liberte te ex inferus

Save yourself from hell
I think thats all of them.

A quick aside from all the Map talk... I loved Sayid's line late last night. "So I dug up that grave..."

With Eko not in the storylines, Sayid is reclaiming the role of biggest badass. :thumbup:

From the clear map:

P.R.D. every 6-8 months

Something Rations Drop?
I think its either Plane/Parachute Resupply Drop.
Agreed. There's another comment at 4:00 that says "Activity Minimal During Lockdown and Restocking Procedures".So they're definitely related, and I don't think Gale had anything to do with the supply drop.

Who is Magnus Hanso?
Presumably some relation to Alvar.I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I haven't seen in the in past pages, but the Hanso Foundation website isn't working right now.

I get the error message

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Code 10060: Connection timeout

Background: There was a time out before the page could be retrieved. This might indicated that the network is congested or that the website is experiencing technical difficulties.

Either the site is being bombared by Losts geeks like us, or it's off-line.

"estimated travel time incompatible with 108 do not attempt to survey"

NOW THIS IS INTERESTING. Are all DHARMA locations compatible with a travel time either multiplied or divided by 108?
Could mean that "You can't get there and back within 108 minutes. Therefore, can't go take a look without missing the entry of a set of numbers." (Assuming the map was drawn by Desmond, who could only explore areas he could make round trips to in 108 minutes)

Who is Magnus Hanso?
Presumably some relation to Alvar.I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I haven't seen in the in past pages, but the Hanso Foundation website isn't working right now.

I get the error message

Background: There was a time out before the page could be retrieved. This might indicated that the network is congested or that the website is experiencing technical difficulties.

if you search thehansofoundation.com you can get cached versions on google, but yeah I think the Losties nuked it.

Something to think about with regard to the lockdown inside the hatch. It seemed to coincide with the parachute and the supplies. I'm willing to bet there's a connection.
I agree with that. There is probably a lockdown during the supply drops, every few months or so, then the lockdown is over once the supply drop is completed.

"estimated travel time incompatible with 108 do not attempt to survey"

NOW THIS IS INTERESTING.  Are all DHARMA locations compatible with a travel time either multiplied or divided by 108?
Could mean that "You can't get there and back within 108 minutes. Therefore, can't go take a look without missing the entry of a set of numbers." (Assuming the map was drawn by Desmond, who could only explore areas he could make round trips to in 108 minutes)
Which is written by the Staff hatch. So apparently somebody found a way to it. It is not one of the dotted hatches. Those hatches say to me that they are speculation by whoever created this map.

Something to think about with regard to the lockdown inside the hatch. It seemed to coincide with the parachute and the supplies. I'm willing to bet there's a connection.
I agree with that. There is probably a lockdown during the supply drops, every few months or so, then the lockdown is over once the supply drop is completed.
I've really warmed up to the idea that the lockdown happens whenever radar picks up an incoming plane.However, I can't see how the Losties didn't hear a resupply plane. I know people are saying it was a high altitude drop, but if you know anything about kicking boxes out of a plane (I do, I've done the math for leaflet drops many times), it is by no means an exact science. It seems that the plane would be lower to ensure hitting close to the drop zone.

Dude, WTF did I just find.

You remember the Lost diary that was being kept on ABC.com by one of the background survivors?

Well, it got updated:

Mindbender
Hurley is the only one from last night's ep that wanted to be "in the loop" somehow though I do not think it is his diary unless it is a future entry regarding this adventures in next week's ep which doesn't make much sense either

Not sure if this has been posted yet since I am not finished reading the thread yet, but here is a map with everything written out.

Map

I've really warmed up to the idea that the lockdown happens whenever radar picks up an incoming plane.However, I can't see how the Losties didn't hear a resupply plane. I know people are saying it was a high altitude drop, but if you know anything about kicking boxes out of a plane (I do, I've done the math for leaflet drops many times), it is by no means an exact science. It seems that the plane would be lower to ensure hitting close to the drop zone.
Would they hear if it was dropped by a low flying balloon?

sorry if i missed this previously being mentioned, but would "cerberus" be related to the smoke thing?

We have speculated before that maybe the Others are just as concerned about it as the survivors are....maybe it was released in the "catastrophic accident"?

just a thought

No, but I don't think a low flying ballon would show up on radar either.FYI- I'm not a radar expert

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry if i missed this previously being mentioned, but would "cerberus" be related to the smoke thing?

We have speculated before that maybe the Others are just as concerned about it as the survivors are....maybe it was released in the "catastrophic accident"?

just a thought
I am starting to think this, as well....seems like it with some of the language on the map.Cerberus = Smoke = Security System = NOT part of Dharma.

Very interesting hypothesis. :thumbup:

You remember the Lost diary that was being kept on ABC.com by one of the background survivors?

Well, it got updated:

Mindbender
I was thinking it could be Hurley, too. The amount of people who know about Gale are very few.Hurley appears to have been institutionalized at one point, so it's within the realm of possibility that he's got some sort of psychological problem. In his preview he talks about being "sick" IIRC.

Has anyone thougth about WHY the map is on the blast door and not on a wall? Those doors don't go down often, or seemingly for very long, so where was the time to draw all that on there? And wouldn't it be pretty hard to get to at will? Unless there's a control to the doors somewhere in that room.

I don't know, the whole placement of the map seems like a more interesting mystery right now to me.

Well, it got updated:

Mindbender
I was thinking it could be Hurley, too. The amount of people who know about Gale are very few.Hurley appears to have been institutionalized at one point, so it's within the realm of possibility that he's got some sort of psychological problem. In his preview he talks about being "sick" IIRC.
I thought the diary was written by a girl.

Has anyone thougth about WHY the map is on the blast door and not on a wall? Those doors don't go down often, or seemingly for very long, so where was the time to draw all that on there? And wouldn't it be pretty hard to get to at will? Unless there's a control to the doors somewhere in that room.

I don't know, the whole placement of the map seems like a more interesting mystery right now to me.
I've thought of this, and considering that when the blast door went up, you could see the "wall painting" right behind it, this is why I mentioned a few posts back if there was a way possible to superimpose the "map" over the "wall painting" or at least get them hosted one above the other.If memory serves there's an "I am here" or something like that on the wall map and it would be interesting to see if there's any other similarities between them.

Maybe I'm just not getting this, but not all of the Survivors are in lock-down. Wouldn't someone outside of the hatch have seen a low-flying balloon by now if a balloon is making regular ration drops?

Well, it got updated:

Mindbender
Why would he refer to him as his brother?

Maybe I'm just not getting this, but not all of the Survivors are in lock-down. Wouldn't someone outside of the hatch have seen a low-flying balloon by now if a balloon is making regular ration drops?
The drop was made at night.

Well, it got updated:

Mindbender
"it's within the realm of possibility that he's got some sort of psychological problem" People why psychological problems see and hear many different things. If he (or anyone esle for that matter) is going nuts why wouldn't they think that someone is their brother?

What do you think of the "Flame" location on the map being near where the black smoke originated? You know the spot on the beach with the fire in the urn that preceded Walt being taken?

I still wanna know how/why the Swan hatch sent up that huge beam of light back when Boone died and Locke was pounding on it.

Unless it was another hallucination...

Well, it got updated:

Mindbender
When I read this, I took the word "brother" to mean "brother-in-arms", not a true blood relation. I think this person is an Other who is aware of Gale and knows his true identity. The way it reads, I wouldn't be suprised if it was written by someone from one of the shows previous to last nights. Who else inquired about the man in the hatch, besides Ana Lucia, Hurley, and Ekko?

:goodposting:

Well, it got updated:

Mindbender
I thought the diary was written by a girl.
another :goodposting:

Well, it got updated:

Mindbender
wow.I won't spoil, but I got a good guess who the sibling may be.
put it in white text. it's not spoiling anyway unless you know.
I don't know, butGuess:

Libby

side note: it is odd that she is the only one on IMDB without first/last name (aside from "Mr. Eko")

Who is Magnus Hanso?

I get the error message

if you search thehansofoundation.com you can get cached versions on google, but yeah I think the Losties nuked it.
On the Podcast they mentioned that the website was down, and they were rebuilding it. There will be some sort of exploration going on over the summer, where you can continue to interact with stuff that is not on the show, or something like that. They kept saying they were getting ready for something big and interesting on the website.

Well, it got updated:

Mindbender
My question is how reliable is the source that you found that on?I am just kind of dismissing it as a deliberate mislead to get the speculators up in arms, like the zombie page before.

Well, it got updated:

Mindbender
When I read this, I took the word "brother" to mean "brother-in-arms", not a true blood relation. I think this person is an Other who is aware of Gale and knows his true identity. The way it reads, I wouldn't be suprised if it was written by someone from one of the shows previous to last nights. Who else inquired about the man in the hatch, besides Ana Lucia, Hurley, and Ekko?
Remember what Desmond referred Jack to?See you in the next life...

Well, it got updated:

Mindbender
My question is how reliable is the source that you found that on?I am just kind of dismissing it as a deliberate mislead to get the speculators up in arms, like the zombie page before.
It is not Hurley writing the diary. Earlier in it he is mentioned "Hurley gave out all this food, what a feast" and it is the same handwriting. So unless it is Hurley's secondary personality....And that page has been in the ABC diary since Henry first showed up, so it is a legit entry.

On a side note, I know that every episode can't have all the characters in it, but has Eko even been on screen that last few weeks??

Users who are viewing this thread