Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series

Complete and total spoilers for tonight's episode, "Dave".

Also, it looks like I deserve a :pickle: for my keen powers of observation.

Lets call this the great Dave debate. This episode will be the one we’ll be talking about for a long time to come. For some reason I didn’t notice the “previously on lost” at the beginning but in any case here we go.

Hurley and Libby jogging on beach

Talks about how out of shape he is

He confesses and shows her his secret stash.

She convinces him to change and he decides to get rid of it.

Now finds out there was a food drop

He sees Dave

He supposedly met Dave at the mental institution.

He was placed there by his mother due to “the accident”

Later we find out the accident put Hurley into a state of depression where he wouldn’t talk or do anything for a couple of months.

Hurley apparently was at a party of sorts and went out on the deck

This deck had been built for 8 people but had 23 on it

Hurley being the last one to go on it blames himself for the collapse of the deck and feels responsible for the two deaths that occurred.

He chases Dave on the island and falls before he can catch him.

Finds Daves’ slipper

Thinks he’s going crazy for seeing him

Goes to Sawyer for some meds he used to take

(Funny scene)

At the beach Hurley runs away to go live in the caves and stumbles upon food

And then Dave shows up

Hurley says “you’re not really here” Dave then beams him with a coconut which hurts him.

At the mental Inst.

Hurleys’ doc tells him Dave is being a bad influence on him and he shouldn’t follow Dave.

Dave doesn’t want Hurley to take the pills he was given.

Dave doesn’t want Hurley to change he likes Hurley just the way he is.

Doc takes a pic of them for bulletin board (look at the polaroid camera it has a label on the front of it, it could be something.)

Later shows it to Hurley and Dave is not in the pic.

Doc tells Hurley, Dave is just an imaginary friend who likes him.

Hurley is awoken at night by Dave

Hurley tells him about the picture Dave says it must have been photo shopped at Kinkos

He wants Hurley to escape with him to get cheeseburgers.

Hurley apparently stole the keys from the Doc

Dave goes out the caged window and Hurley locks it up and stays inside telling Dave to go away.

On the Island

Dave and Hurley have a talk about what’s going on

Dave acknowledges to Hurley that he is a figment of his imagination but also tells Hurley that after that night. You went into a deeper depression and your trapped in your subconscious.

You won the lotto using the numbers

You saw LEONARD (the psych ward numbers guy) in the hatch (I don’t remember that but that’s what he said)

You’ve been on an island for two months and you haven’t lost any weight

You created a beautiful blonde who’s falling for you

Your still at the mental institution

Dave tells him the only way to get back is to jump off the cliff and he will wake up

Hurley believes him especially after Dave himself jumps off and plummets down.

Just them Libby shows up

Hurley suspicious now thinks he’s still making her up “remember I said you looked familiar its because I made you up.”

Libby tries to prove she’s real when she asks Hurley about the man who broke his leg on the other side of the island.

Libby -- “What was his name?”

Hurley -- “I don’t know”

Libby -- “His name was Robert, I buried him Hurley” “I buried a lot of people” ”Your didn’t know that because it happened to me” “Stop saying you made me up it’s insulting”

She and Hurley kiss and he returns to camp with her.

Flashback

Different angle of Doc taking Polaroid at the Mental institution. It shows Hurley putting his arm around an imaginary person in a chair and when they pan around a nurse is giving another patient their meds.

The other mental patient is LIBBY.

As for our friend Henry Gale,

He’s tied up and makes up another story about being part of the search party for the real Henry and he was already dead with a broken neck in the basket when he found him.

Sayid had also found a letter from the real Henry written on the back of a bill to his wife Jennifer. “How could he write if he was dead?” Sayid about to kill him when Anna moves his arm and Sayid nearly misses Henry. Henry says the guy with the beard is nothing.

Later Locke wants to talk one on one with him and still wants to know his real name.

(not verbatim)

Henry - Just call me Henry I’ve gotten used to it.

Locke - God only knows how you got caught being one of them.

Henry - God doesn’t know anything about this place he can’t see this place.

Locke – Were you trying to find this place.

Henry – This? This is nothing when I crawled through the vents to the computer and it

was counting down the timer reached zero. Red symbols that look like hyroglyphics came up I don’t know I’m no expert but then there was a noise like a magnet and generators, it was scary end then all of a sudden the numbers flipped back to 108. I never typed in the numbers. I didn’t do anything.

Locke – Your lying.

excellent

Based on the 4 clips I just watched, LOST is all about the racial stereotypes tonight.

from lost-media regarding all the re-runs..

'Lost' producers lobby for scheduling change

Tuesday, April 4 2006, 20:50 BST - by Neil Wilkes

The producers of Lost are seeking a new scheduling model for the show in the US to curb the frequency of repeats.

Most US series, including Lost, typically air 22 new episodes each season over a period of 36 weeks, meaning that new episodes are often punctuated with repeats of old episodes.

US Lost fans have complained that having to wait many weeks for a new episode has ruined their enjoyment of the show.

24 has successfully avoided the problem by delaying its return from September to January each year before airing its full season without interruption.

Although Lost's broadcaster, ABC, is unwilling to adopt a similar strategy, show producers have come up with a compromise solution.

"We're lobbying ABC for when the show is on, it's on, and when it's off, it's off," exec producer Damon Lindelof told E! Online. "So, we want to air it in three acts next year. You know, blocks of seven, seven and eight. But in order to do that, we have to roll the show out in October instead of September, and hopefully that will work out."

I'd rather that way than the way they're doing it now. Without continuity, the show loses something.

Not sure if others have posted it, but is there an update to future new vs repeat episodes this season? How many more shows this season?

from lost-media regarding all the re-runs..

'Lost' producers lobby for scheduling change

Tuesday, April 4 2006, 20:50 BST - by Neil Wilkes

The producers of Lost are seeking a new scheduling model for the show in the US to curb the frequency of repeats.

Most US series, including Lost, typically air 22 new episodes each season over a period of 36 weeks, meaning that new episodes are often punctuated with repeats of old episodes.

US Lost fans have complained that having to wait many weeks for a new episode has ruined their enjoyment of the show.

24 has successfully avoided the problem by delaying its return from September to January each year before airing its full season without interruption.

Although Lost's broadcaster, ABC, is unwilling to adopt a similar strategy, show producers have come up with a compromise solution.

"We're lobbying ABC for when the show is on, it's on, and when it's off, it's off," exec producer Damon Lindelof told E! Online. "So, we want to air it in three acts next year. You know, blocks of seven, seven and eight. But in order to do that, we have to roll the show out in October instead of September, and hopefully that will work out."

I'd rather that way than the way they're doing it now. Without continuity, the show loses something.

Not sure if others have posted it, but is there an update to future new vs repeat episodes this season? How many more shows this season?

One new one tonight, one new one next week and then 2 weeks of reruns followed by the last 5 (4 weeks - 2 hour finale) episodes with no breaks for the season finale run.

One new one tonight, one new one next week and then 2 weeks of reruns followed by the last 5 (4 weeks - 2 hour finale) episodes with no breaks for the season finale run.

Doesn't seem like there has been 15 episodes this year already.

Can someone tell me what page the spoiler or synopsis for last weeks episode is on? I cant find it, and I had to miss last weeks show.

Thanks

perhaps the line of the season

Sawyer - I got enough food to open a mini-mart...think Sayid needs a job?

I guess Hurley's bad luck didn't start with him and the numbers.

I wonder if his father was on that deck and that is why we haven't seen him?

Why does Sam say 8 louder than all the other numbers?

And what are the odds only Hugo can see Dave, even in the mental hospital?

I don't understand why people look at spoilers. A guy at work told me that I had to look at some Lost photos and it showed what you thought. Good catch I wish I didn't already know.

Good catch.

libbys crazy too...wut r the chances...dont think it really affects anything.

Maybe "Dave" is telling the truth.

Can someone please tell me the actor that plays "Dave" now!??!?

Don't know his name, but he was on Sex in the City.

Wife liked the show.

:ph34r:

I don't really see how it could all be taking place in Hurley's head.

Unless the whole thing is taking place in the heads of the 'survivors'.

I think it may have been a jab at the people who were saying that is how the show would end.

I think it may have been a jab at the people who were saying that is how the show would end.

I like that thought.

Yeah, I thought that too. So what does the Libby thing mean?

Just when you think you've got something resolved... BAM! Hurley has seen Libby before.

It's like that Robot Chicken skit making fun of M.Night Shamalan's movie.... "but there's a TWIST"

I like that thought.

DHARMA got to you too. It is all in your head too.

I think the best explanation here is that Hurley and Libby in fact were on the plane together and that Hurley has simply been blocking that memory out of his mind for whatever reason since the crash. Libby hasn't said anything about this so as not to upset him?

I just got home and went to watch this weeks episode on the DVR and it's not there...

Nothing.... :angry::angry:

I can't believe this...

Anyone know where I can download it tonight?

I've never done bit torrent and know nothing about it.

Thanks........ :angry:

Is it me or did Libby look REALLY messed up?

Just when you think you've got something resolved... BAM! Hurley has seen Libby before.

It's like that Robot Chicken skit making fun of M.Night Shamalan's movie.... "but there's a TWIST"

What was resolved? Did I forget about something? Libby lied to Hurley in the hatch about him stepping on her toe then quickly changed the subject. Seemed pretty clear she was trying to hide something.

I like that thought.

It was a possibility but this seems too direct to be true now.

Is it me or did Libby look REALLY messed up?

Obviously she got better, because she's out. No telling (yet) how long ago that was.

Do we know when Hurley first "met" Dave? The show made it seem like Hurley first started seeing Dave when he got into the asylum. The reason he was admitted seems unrelated. Could the drugs he was taking have caused the hallucinations? Could he somehow be drugged now?

Edited by fatguyinalittlecoat

I just got home and went to watch this weeks episode on the DVR and it's not there...

I can't believe this...

I automatically TIVO it every week -- it didn't do it this week for some reason. Had the show after it (that I've never heard of) set though. Weird.

I can't believe this...

I automatically TIVO it every week -- it didn't do it this week for some reason. Had the show after it (that I've never heard of) set though. Weird.

I have it automatically set up as well, but tonight, no episode.

UNREAL.....

First one I have missed

Nothing.... :angry:  :angry:

I can't believe this...

UNREAL.....

First one I have missed

Because of daylight savings time.

Nothing.... :angry:  :angry:

I can't believe this...

UNREAL.....

First one I have missed

My cable box is set correctly.

I can't believe this...

UNREAL.....

First one I have missed

My cable box is set correctly.

Mine too.. and other stuff I had recorded fine this week.

If you missed an episode you can download them for $1.99 each at ITunes. I've had to do that a couple times this year when I missed episodes.

If you missed an episode you can download them for $1.99 each at ITunes. I've had to do that a couple times this year when I missed episodes.

Can I download it now?

I can't believe this...

You could always read Hulks spoiler post, it usually dead on.

I can't believe this...

You could always read Hulks spoiler post, it usually dead on.

I usually read this every week, but this week I didn't and now I'm soo tempted.

Do we know when Hurley first "met" Dave? The show made it seem like Hurley first started seeing Dave when he got into the asylum. The reason he was admitted seems unrelated. Could the drugs he was taking have caused the hallucinations? Could he somehow be drugged now?

Maybe the Dharma food is drugged. Maybe the insane asylum was somehow part of the Dharma project. Just throwing things out there.

Have they explained why Hurley was in Australia? I can't remember.

If you missed an episode you can download them for $1.99 each at ITunes.  I've had to do that a couple times this year when I missed episodes.

Can I download it now?

No :( It usually takes a week or two for it to become available for download... right now the "latest" episode they have for download is the one where Sun tells Jin she's pregnant.

I wonder what Libby's motive is? She looked a little evil as they walked away from the cliff.

Looked totally evil with that quick look leading him away from the cliff - rewound it just to confirm - evil or just kooky.

Doesn't make sense that she has evil motives toward Hurley - why not just let him jump!

Also probably makes her a liar as she claims to be a psychologist when she is probably just using the stuff she learned in the nuthouse.