What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (1 Viewer)

I just got home and went to watch this weeks episode on the DVR and it's not there...

Nothing.... :angry:   :angry:

I can't believe this...

Anyone know where I can download it tonight?

I've never done bit torrent and know nothing about it.

Thanks........ :angry:
I automatically TIVO it every week -- it didn't do it this week for some reason. Had the show after it (that I've never heard of) set though. Weird.
Something to do with Daylight Savings?

Speaking of DVR problems, when Henry was describing the hieroglyphics to Locke, the sound went out. I think that was the same for everyone right, it would be too much of a coincidence if my DVR dropped the sound while he was describing something like that. My DVR does drop sound from time to time though, so let me know if the show did it intentionally.

If anyone did hear the sound, or can read lips, what did Henry say the timer hieroglyphics look like?

He said they were red, and heiroglypyhics, not that he was an expert. He said there was a lot of noise, and something seious sounding, and then the timer just went back to 1:08. In other words, he confirmed Locke's worst fears that the timer isn't real.

I just got home and went to watch this weeks episode on the DVR and it's not there...

Nothing.... :angry:   :angry:

I can't believe this...

You could always read Hulks spoiler post, it usually dead on.
Let's all just pretend the grammar in this sentence is perfectly acceptable.TIA

:bag:

Henry – This? This is nothing when I crawled through the vents to the computer and it

was counting down the timer reached zero. Red symbols that look like hyroglyphics came up I don’t know I’m no expert but then there was a noise like a magnet and generators, it was scary end then all of a sudden the numbers flipped back to 108. I never typed in the numbers. I didn’t do anything.

Henry – This? This is nothing when I crawled through the vents to the computer and it

was counting down the timer reached zero. Red symbols that look like hyroglyphics came up I don’t know I’m no expert but then there was a noise like a magnet and generators, it was scary end then all of a sudden the numbers flipped back to 108. I never typed in the numbers. I didn’t do anything.
I think he's full of it, another lie.

Henry is eighter lying because he knows Locke truely believes and wants to confuse or divide them. So Locke will think Jack is right or there is another bunker that enters the #s too.

Just when you think you've got something resolved... BAM! Hurley has seen Libby before.

It's like that Robot Chicken skit making fun of M.Night Shamalan's movie.... "but there's a TWIST"
What was resolved? Did I forget about something? Libby lied to Hurley in the hatch about him stepping on her toe then quickly changed the subject. Seemed pretty clear she was trying to hide something.
You were led to believe "Dave" really was imagined by Hurley, because Libby told her story about stuff Hurley couldn't possibly know... and all was right in LOST-world... then BAM! Hurley really could have made all this up because he's seen Libby's face before in the Psych Ward.Sure it's a major (and would be disappointing) stretch if this is all in Hurley's mind... but it's still a posibility at this point.

The thing with the countdown I am getting is this. If that had been the first time we heard that scenario play out it would be big news however we heard the same exact sequence before. Only difference is that we know Locke pushed the buttons. If they had an effect on the countdown... we dont know.

If Henry did not push the buttons we learn that the countdown resets itself and the timer essentially means very little. If Henry did push the buttons then he pushed them as they hit 0000 like we saw before.

If there is other reasons for the countdown such as other bunkers being informed then Henry could have let it go to raise a red flag. What happened after the last time it went to 0000? Did anything happen out of the ordinary such as a visit from Roussos or a strange event of some kind? I dont think anything did. I think this confirms Jack's thoughts about countdown initially.

Have they explained why Hurley was in Australia? I can't remember.
He was tracking the history of the numbers and discovered one of the guys responsible for Leonard getting them was in Australia. When he got there, he learned that guy had committed suicide to get away from the numbers.

At this point, I'm assuming that this isn't all happening in Hurley's head.

We don't know if Libby was released before Hurley. Depending on how much time elapsed between Libby being released and the plane crash. It's possible she could have gone on to become a psychologist, based on her experiences in the institution. Not necessarily probable, but possible.

It's also possible that she was a clinical psychologist at the time she was committed, and has now gone back into practice. I REALLY want to see a Libby flashback episode now.

What can I do ya for, deep dish?

:lmao:
There should be a thread just for his one liners. He had a couple that made me chuckle last night.
When Sawyer and Hurley were "fighting" I could pick out a few "Jabba's" and "Lard's" coming from Sawyer. He definitely had a few zingers last night.There should be a thread just for his one liners. He had a couple that made me chuckle last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: When Hurley and Dave were talking about Hurley's neurosis, they were talking about the numbers. Dave asked Hurley if he had seen Leonard in the hatch. Hurley answered in the affirmative. When was this, that Hurley saw Leonard in the hatch?

Question: When Hurley and Dave were talking about Hurley's neurosis, they were talking about the numbers. Dave asked Hurley if he had seen Leonard in the hatch. Hurley answered in the affirmative. When was this, that Hurley saw Leonard in the hatch?
I caught this too and I don't remember it happening.

Dave asked where Hurley saw the numbers Dave was saying. Hurley replied that he saw them on the hatch, and then went on to say that they have to key the same numbers into the computer.

Hurley didn't mention seeing the numbers on Rousseau's map, though.

Dave asked where Hurley saw the numbers Dave was saying. Hurley replied that he saw them on the hatch, and then went on to say that they have to key the same numbers into the computer.

Hurley didn't mention seeing the numbers on Rousseau's map, though.
You're right... I got confused a little there. Dave was speaking of the numbers, and not Leonard, per se. Hurley saw the numbers ON the hatch, not Leonard in the hatch. Thanks.

Not a spoiler but HULK's post eluded to something on the camera like a logo or something. Anyone have a pic to this elusive logo or whatever is special about it?
There was some sort of a label on the front of that camera. The source for these comprehensive spoilers isn't a LOST employee, he's a tv station guy who just gets to see it early.That said, I did see it, but I didn't think it was an important piece of the puzzle.

I think the "He" than Henry referred to, and was referred to in Claire's abduction story, will be a person involved in everyone's pre-island life. Which leads me back to this being some type of psych experiment.

It appears to be a reverse angle of the shot where the doc is taking a picture of Hurley and the bald guy from sex in the city.  Yet, the bald guy's not in the picture, but Hurley's arm is still up like its around him.  I'm guessing the bald guy is Hurley's imaginary friend, and the reason he was in the mental ward in the first place.
To me it just looks like Hurely resting his arm on the chair while someone takes a pic. Think you might be reading too much into that pic but I don't disagree about the imaginary friend theory.
If you blow it up, you can tell his arm is NOT resting on the chair.
I think I agree with beer30 on this Hulk, even with the pic expanded.
Besides Hurley's arm probably weighs what 60-80 pounds, no way he could hold it up long enough to do a scene. ;)
Again, don't disagree about what you saw at all, definitely agree on that.
:whistle:

Not a spoiler but HULK's post eluded to something on the camera like a logo or something.  Anyone have a pic to this elusive logo or whatever is special about it?
There was some sort of a label on the front of that camera. The source for these comprehensive spoilers isn't a LOST employee, he's a tv station guy who just gets to see it early.That said, I did see it, but I didn't think it was an important piece of the puzzle.
Keep em coming! :thumbup: My wife is into this show big time, I kinda just watch it if it's on. But when I'm telling her stuff that is going to happen, makes me laugh. She doesn't think it's so funny!

It appears to be a reverse angle of the shot where the doc is taking a picture of Hurley and the bald guy from sex in the city.  Yet, the bald guy's not in the picture, but Hurley's arm is still up like its around him.  I'm guessing the bald guy is Hurley's imaginary friend, and the reason he was in the mental ward in the first place.
To me it just looks like Hurely resting his arm on the chair while someone takes a pic. Think you might be reading too much into that pic but I don't disagree about the imaginary friend theory.
Besides Hurley's arm probably weighs what 60-80 pounds, no way he could hold it up long enough to do a scene. ;)
On the radio this morning they were saying that the picture that the doc shows Hurley is NOT the same as the one he took. Is this what you're talking about here? They said that one was day and one was night, Leonard was not in the picture he showed, and that Hurley looked drugged with his mouth open in the pic, but wasnt at the time of original pic... anyone have any screen shots?

When Sawyer and Hurley were "fighting" I could pick out a few "Jabba's" and "Lard's" coming from Sawyer.
That wasn't Sawyer. That was Hurley repeating every name that Sawyer had called him up to that point. The last one he repeated was Deep Dish.Pretty damn funny.

What? I agreed with you that Dave was definitely imagined. I still stand by my statement. I don't think Hurley could hold that hulking arm in the air up long enough to do the scene. ;)

On the radio this morning they were saying that the picture that the doc shows Hurley is NOT the same as the one he took. Is this what you're talking about here? They said that one was day and one was night, Leonard was not in the picture he showed, and that Hurley looked drugged with his mouth open in the pic, but wasnt at the time of original pic... anyone have any screen shots?
I'm pretty sure that Leonard WAS in the pic the doc showed Hurley.. Going just off memory here though -- would be interested to hear from someone with a screenshot (or who doesn't work and has it on TIVO ;) )

When Sawyer and Hurley were "fighting" I could pick out a few "Jabba's" and "Lard's" coming from Sawyer. 
That wasn't Sawyer. That was Hurley repeating every name that Sawyer had called him up to that point. The last one he repeated was Deep Dish.Pretty damn funny.
:goodposting: It was Hurley, and it was really, really funny. It reminded me of "A Christmas Story" with Ralphie hitting the bully. It was hysterical that Hurley didn't just knock him down, he was repeating the names and just punching Sawyer in the face.

One new one tonight, one new one next week and then 2 weeks of reruns followed by the last 5 (4 weeks - 2 hour finale) episodes with no breaks for the season finale run.
Doesn't seem like there has been 15 episodes this year already.
Actually, last night was #18, so there were already 17 episodes before last night. Next week is #19 and then #20 is on May 3rd, then #21 and #22, followed by the 2 hour finale (#23 & #24) on May 24th.

Just when you think you've got something resolved... BAM!   Hurley has seen Libby before.

It's like that Robot Chicken skit making fun of M.Night Shamalan's movie.... "but there's a TWIST"
What was resolved? Did I forget about something? Libby lied to Hurley in the hatch about him stepping on her toe then quickly changed the subject. Seemed pretty clear she was trying to hide something.
You were led to believe "Dave" really was imagined by Hurley, because Libby told her story about stuff Hurley couldn't possibly know... and all was right in LOST-world... then BAM! Hurley really could have made all this up because he's seen Libby's face before in the Psych Ward.Sure it's a major (and would be disappointing) stretch if this is all in Hurley's mind... but it's still a posibility at this point.
I think the obvious reason why this isn't all in Hurley's mind is all the back-stories we've been getting on the other castaways. Why would Hurley bother to hallucinate a history for every other person on the island?IMO Libby's appearance in the mental hospital at the end of the episode has something completely different to do with the story. It doesn't mean this is all in Hurley's mind, but it is important to some part of the story that we don't have yet.

I think a back-story episode on Libby HAS to be coming soon.

I'm pretty sure that Leonard WAS in the pic the doc showed Hurley.. Going just off memory here though -- would be interested to hear from someone with a screenshot (or who doesn't work and has it on TIVO ;) )
I found a screen shot. Leonard was not in the picture, because he was out of frame. It does look like it's nighttime, but that could just be because its a crappy old polaroid camera picture. Hurley definitely does not look drugged with his mouth open... not at all.Polaroid Screencap

I found a screen shot. Leonard was not in the picture, because he was out of frame. It does look like it's nighttime, but that could just be because its a crappy old polaroid camera picture. Hurley definitely does not look drugged with his mouth open... not at all.Polaroid Screencap
Thanks for the link to Lost media..I looked at the screenshot too and you are right -- no Leonard, but he was out of the shot -- we don't know if he was really there or not..

I agree Hurley does not look drugged, but it's definitely a different pic than the one the doc took earlier though.

If you look at the screen shot of Hurley posing for the pic earlier in the flashback (pic 298/601), you can clearly see the difference between night and day in the background -- look at the window...

Also, I think Hurley's pose is even different -- he's more leaned over earlier in the day than he is in the pic the doc shows him..

The clincher is the plate of green pie (or whatever it is) in the picture the doc shows Hurley. When Hurley is posing for the picture -- what's on the plate looks completely different...

I'm absolutely convinced from looking at screenshots that the picture the doc showed Hurley is NOT the same one they showed him taking of Hurley earlier in the flashback.. Not sure exactly what this means though...

The clincher is the plate of green pie (or whatever it is) in the picture the doc shows Hurley. When Hurley is posing for the picture -- what's on the plate looks completely different...
Looks like celery sticks to me. Just as it did before.

I'm absolutely convinced from looking at screenshots that the picture the doc showed Hurley is NOT the same one they showed him taking of Hurley earlier in the flashback.. Not sure exactly what this means though...
It means that Dave may not really be imaginary and the doctor used this "fake" picture to convince Hurley that he was.

At this point, I'm assuming that this isn't all happening in Hurley's head.

We don't know if Libby was released before Hurley. Depending on how much time elapsed between Libby being released and the plane crash. It's possible she could have gone on to become a psychologist, based on her experiences in the institution. Not necessarily probable, but possible.

It's also possible that she was a clinical psychologist at the time she was committed, and has now gone back into practice. I REALLY want to see a Libby flashback episode now.
:goodposting: I think with all of the back story we have seen all of the characters that it can't just be happening in Hurley's head. I do think as posted above, they were taking a jab at that theory.

As far as Libby goes, who knows at this point. She could have been a psychologist in the first place and just had a mental breakdown or maybe some sort of substance abuse. Don't forget that she seemed to know what she was doing medically right after the crash when she set the guy's broken leg. I honestly think she may have had a thing for Hurley at the institution since we don't know how much longer Hurley spent there before gettting released and I think on the island she avoided him knowing her because she didn't want him to remember that she was crazy too.

Not sure about the evil look, I didn't notice her being anything other than nice on the island. Maybe people are talking about when she was in the institution and I will chalk that up to the crazy look. She also just has a slightly strange facial expression when she has no makeup on, I think it is her lips and eyes.

By the way, I am surprised that no one has posted that Dave on the island might not be Hurley's imagination. I would chalk this up to another survivor's thoughts being read and the island/Others/Smoke Monster projected the thoughts into Hurley's head. Similar to Kate with the horse, Jack with his Dad, Sawyer with the Boar, and Michael with the computer. The weird part is this sure seemed to be much more malicious in that it was trying to kill Hurley, unless it was thinking that Hurley needed it to stop eating/becoming depressed. Not sure on that.

Henry's a liar, but there is some shred of truth in what he says. The references to one person being in control of others and God not being able to see the island any better than the rest of the world were the highlights of last nights show for me.

Any chance that there was no air drop from a plane, but an electromagnetically island-lanuched pallet of supplies? That would explain the loud sound that Henry heard and the lack of a plane being heard by the crash folks (also, how would he know what something electromagnetic sounds like? Do military EM launchers have a loud noise?)

Any chance that there was no air drop from a plane, but an electromagnetically island-lanuched pallet of supplies? That would explain the loud sound that Henry heard and the lack of a plane being heard by the crash folks (also, how would he know what something electromagnetic sounds like? Do military EM launchers have a loud noise?)
:goodposting:

The references to one person being in control of others and God not being able to see the island any better than the rest of the world were the highlights of last nights show for me.
:goodposting: I forgot to mention this earlier. This is a very telling remark that seems to be getting glazed over.Logically speaking I don't think there's very much unchartered territory in the ocean anymore, especially one of considerable geographic diversity and decent size.

This brings me back to something one of the producers said a while ago. Something to the effect of "if they're on an island at all"

hmmm.

I would chalk this up to another survivor's thoughts being read and the island/Others/Smoke Monster projected the thoughts into Hurley's head.
The mind reading angle just doesn't make sense to me. I haven't seen near enough evidence to conclude anything as I still believe the Ecko/smoke monster images to be his life flashing before his eyes as a way of showing him being in control of his life's short comings and thus exhibiting strength to Smokey. I think Hurley's guilt complex explains Dave and his hoarding of food combined with the constant nagging of the numbers "curse" brought about another episode. The guilt complex induced visions also goes for Jack seeing his dad and Claire seeing the horse (that horse wasn't real, right?).

Very interesting. However, we know the Swan hatch the survivors are currently in is supposed to be the electro-magnetic source. Why would the food drop be launched from the source?The supply drop was not directly on top of the hatch, since the people from the beach managed to run there with considerable ease. Would a pallet of food being dropped by parachute, no less, really make such an impact that it could be heard 100+ feet underground?

I'm absolutely convinced from looking at screenshots that the picture the doc showed Hurley is NOT the same one they showed him taking of Hurley earlier in the flashback..  Not sure exactly what this means though...
It means that Dave may not really be imaginary and the doctor used this "fake" picture to convince Hurley that he was.
Ummm, did you guys miss the final scene where it repeats the event and shows Hurley putting his arm around nothing??? :confused:

Guys, Dave was in Hurley's mind accept it. Now Dave might have been something different on the island since Hurley's not the only one seeing things.....but he was definitely imaginary in the mental ward.

Very interesting. However, we know the Swan hatch the survivors are currently in is supposed to be the electro-magnetic source. Why would the food drop be launched from the source?The supply drop was not directly on top of the hatch, since the people from the beach managed to run there with considerable ease. Would a pallet of food being dropped by parachute, no less, really make such an impact that it could be heard 100+ feet underground?
The magnet kicking on was what directed the supplies to that location?My wife pointed out last night that Hurley didn't start seeing Dave until he destroyed his food stash. From the flashbacks, it also looks like he didn't start seeing dave originally until he was in the the nuthouse, and they were (probably) trying to get him to lose weight.

Dave is Hurley's rational to keep eating, just like the Doc said originally.

Nothing.... :angry: :angry:

I can't believe this...

Downloaded via bittorent last night.Watched this morning, High quality video. Good episode!

I'm absolutely convinced from looking at screenshots that the picture the doc showed Hurley is NOT the same one they showed him taking of Hurley earlier in the flashback..  Not sure exactly what this means though...
Ummm, did you guys miss the final scene where it repeats the event and shows Hurley putting his arm around nothing??? :confused:

Guys, Dave was in Hurley's mind accept it. Now Dave might have been something different on the island since Hurley's not the only one seeing things.....but he was definitely imaginary in the mental ward.
:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: Think back to the basketball game too. Everyone ignores Dave, and Hurley ends up getting the ball passed to him. Noone ever spoke to Dave but the doctor when he was going to take the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread