Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series

There is no way this whole thing is in Hurley's mind. The only way that would be a good twist, is if they never mentioned it or even hinted at it until the final episode. Why would they have an episode where they come right out and say it if that was the big twist of the whole show?

Guest mojorizin

Since I watch the show kind of here and there and don't study it much, I have a question concerning Libby (may have been covered). Have we seen anyone else on the island interact with her outside of Hurley? It should determine whether she's in his head, although I dont trust the show to not make it look differently.

Edited by mojorizin

Ok, so assuming Henry is an other.

Prisoner exchange for Michael?

Bump.

Based on the previews for next week, looks like I'm spot on here.

Since I watch the show kind of here and there and don't study it much, I have a question concerning Libby (may have been covered). Have we seen anyone else on the island interact with her outside of Hurley? It should determine whether she's in his head, although I dont trust the show to not make it look differently.

Yes, the episode on the tailies had her interacting with people on the beach immediately after the crash. Also, she interacted with Michael, Jin, and Sawyer on the hike.

Can someone please tell me the actor that plays "Dave" now!??!?

Don't know his name, but he was on Sex in the City.

Wife liked the show.

:ph34r:

I recognized him as Larry Fine in the 3 Stooges TV movie from a few years back.

Where the hell has Micheal been?

When he went out to get his son back he was taken by the others. At this point we don't know if he is alive or dead, but I assume he's alive.

Guest mojorizin

Since I watch the show kind of here and there and don't study it much, I have a question concerning Libby (may have been covered).  Have we seen anyone else on the island interact with her outside of Hurley? It should determine whether she's in his head, although I dont trust the show to not make it look differently.

Yes, the episode on the tailies had her interacting with people on the beach immediately after the crash. Also, she interacted with Michael, Jin, and Sawyer on the hike.

Thanks! I thought she had, but it started bugging me last night.

Can someone please tell me the actor that plays "Dave" now!??!?

Don't know his name, but he was on Sex in the City.

Wife liked the show.

:ph34r:

I recognized him as Larry Fine in the 3 Stooges TV movie from a few years back.

I went to IMDB and this guy's been in everything. Law and Order, CSI Miami, I've seen him at least 5-6 times the past few years.

Henry – This? This is nothing when I crawled through the vents to the computer and it

was counting down the timer reached zero. Red symbols that look like hyroglyphics came up I don’t know I’m no expert but then there was a noise like a magnet and generators, it was scary end then all of a sudden the numbers flipped back to 108. I never typed in the numbers. I didn’t do anything.

Henry is eighter lying because he knows Locke truely believes and wants to confuse or divide them. So Locke will think Jack is right or there is another bunker that enters the #s too.

Until Henry tells us his real name and story, I'm not believing anything he tells the survivors.

Bump.

I thought it sounded like an exchange for WALT... ?

Couple thoughts on last night's episode.

When Henry mentions that not even God can see this island and he hears (what we assume) is the electromagnet warming up.

What if the electromagnet creates some kind of field that makes the island invisible and thereby is able to be hidden from view. Didn't the Philadelphia Experiment have something to do with elctromagnets and making things invisible?

Also, I think the only reason the background in the Hurley picture is night and day is just a prop mistake. They filmed the scene with Dave present during the day. Then after shooting was done for the day, they the picture of just Hurley. I don't think there is much more to it than that. Just my :2cents:

Lastly, my wife heard on the radio that the Dharma logo was on the basketball.

Does anyone have a screenshot of it to confirm?

good episode last night. only thing I noticed outside of what's already been mentioned was that when Dave jumped off the cliff, right before he said "See you in another life". I'm almost positive that Desmond said that once or twice during his episodes. found that interesting.

Bump.

Yeah, that's what they said.....but there's no way they get Walt. I'm guessing they compromise on Michael.

good episode last night. only thing I noticed outside of what's already been mentioned was that when Dave jumped off the cliff, right before he said "See you in another life". I'm almost positive that Desmond said that once or twice during his episodes. found that interesting.

Good catch.

Bump.

The previews for next week definitely looked interesting.

Not sure whether or not I should white this out but, xince it was shown I will just write it out.

With Jack going and 'crossing their line' I wonder what the others will do with him. They certainly don't seem to have to high a regard for human life, so why would they care if they got Henry back. How much can he really tell them?

Will they even come out to talk with Jack?

And how can Locke even consider believing anything coming out of Henry's mouth at this point?

Is there any where that actually provides a transcirpt of the show? Something Henry said is bothering me but I just can't seem to recall what it is?

What about the whole Sayid/Ana Lucia interrogation of Henry? I couldn't help but think that it was an act on their part. Mess with Henry's mind to make him think that Sayid WILL kill him - then Ana Lucia steps in at the last minute playing the good cop role to "T".

Yup, I saw/heard that too and immediately looked at my wife and said that's the same thing Desmond said to Jack without the "brother" tacked onto the end.

It'll be interesting to see if there are any screen caps of the basketball to see if it has the DHARMA logo on it.

Bump.

The previews for next week definitely looked interesting.

Not sure whether or not I should white this out but, xince it was shown I will just write it out.

With Jack going and 'crossing their line' I wonder what the others will do with him. They certainly don't seem to have to high a regard for human life, so why would they care if they got Henry back. How much can he really tell them?

Will they even come out to talk with Jack?

And how can Locke even consider believing anything coming out of Henry's mouth at this point?

Is there any where that actually provides a transcirpt of the show? Something Henry said is bothering me but I just can't seem to recall what it is?

That was my thought when I saw the previews - seems kinda stupid that Jack would go to try a "prisoner exchange" for Henry. I wouldn't think The Others find Henry all that valuable, and obviously Walt is. We'll wait and see, but I'm a little skeptical about that premise.

For the next episode, from spoilerfix dot com.

Obviously, SPOILER ALERT.

Episode 2.19: S.O.S. (Rose/Bernard-centric)

Airdate: April 12, 2006

04/05 - We'll see Vincent in next week's episode. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

03/27 - Guest starring are L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Sam Anderson as Bernard, Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Wayne Pygram as Isaac and Donna Smallwood as Aussie woman. Source: ABC

03/23 - Rose is surprisingly and vehemently opposed to Bernard's plan to create an S.O.S. signal; romantic sparks are rekindled between Jack and Kate when they trek into the jungle to propose a "trade" with "The Others"; and Locke begins to question his faith in the island. Source: ABC

03/22 - My Lost mole confirms that a May-sweeps episode will delve into the couple's backstory. And not only will we find out how the lovebirds met, but we'll discover that Rose has something rather surprising in common with Locke. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

03/21 - This May, the island elders Rose and Bernard will get their own flashback episode. Sources say we'll learn how the lovebirds met and that Rose and Locke share something very surprising in common. Source: TV Guide (March 27-April 7 issue)

03/21 - Writer/Supervising producer Javier Grillo-Marxuach reveals: We are going to explore more in detail and we're gonna find that [Rose and Bernard] have very interesting back-stories. Source: The Official Lost Magazine, Issue 4, May/June 2006

03/17 - The episode will feature a 40-year-old Australian female named Lindsey. Source: SpoilerFix.com

02/26 - [This episode features] Isaac, a well regarded physical therapist who lives in Australia. Source: SecretAgentMan at TWoP

Some random thoughts.

Last night "Henry" said, while being interrogated "I'm not a bad person" This seems to be a recurring theme.

There's something about the music in the show, too. There have been a few times when music was played or refered that was from the quite some time ago. There's the "Somewhere beyond the sea" from Rousseau's map "catch a falling star" from Claire's original flashback and on the mobile in the medical hatch, whatever song Sayid (and I think it was Charlie) heard on the shortwave radio found in the Tailie's hatch, and I think there was at least one other one. Not sure if this has to do with anything, but it's still interesting that all these "oldies" are chosen to be in the show. I think they play a bigger role than just music.

I know it's been mentioned before, but there's there's a lot of science versus faith undertones to the show. Last night in Locke and "Gale's" talk, Locke says "God knows" and Gale says something like "not even God knows" There appears to be a divide between those people with faith: Eko, Locke, Rose from the science crowd, which I think will probably factor in in greater proportions as more episodes air.

I would chalk this up to another survivor's thoughts being read and the island/Others/Smoke Monster projected the thoughts into Hurley's head.

The mind reading angle just doesn't make sense to me. I haven't seen near enough evidence to conclude anything as I still believe the Ecko/smoke monster images to be his life flashing before his eyes as a way of showing him being in control of his life's short comings and thus exhibiting strength to Smokey. I think Hurley's guilt complex explains Dave and his hoarding of food combined with the constant nagging of the numbers "curse" brought about another episode. The guilt complex induced visions also goes for Jack seeing his dad and Claire seeing the horse (that horse wasn't real, right?).

Evidence, I think there is a ton of evidence.

1. The images were inside of the smoke monster, you even saw the electrical static going that was never present in the smoke monster in other scenes. I think that is pretty good proof that there is some sort of mind reading capability.

2. Kate's horse was also evidence. We know from her back story that it was the same horse. Also, Sawyer saw the horse and said so, so it wasn't a figment of Kate's imagination.

3. Jack's dad was also evidence because Jack's dad led him to the water/cave when they needed water the most. It also happened to be where Jack's dad's coffin was.

4. In the Sawyer boar scene, the whispers say "It'll come around", which was only a reference that he would have known. Kate also witnessed what the boar did to Sawyer's knap sack, so it wasn't just imagined by Sawyer or a dream.

I understand where Dave was imagined by Hurley in the first place, but I think this occurrence could have been part of this island manipulation that we have seen multiple times before, rather than just Hurley's psychosis again.

Dave is imaginary. Period. Re-watch the episode and notice how he never touches anything, like the basketball, the keys, or opens the doors or windows. He has to convince Hurley to do all those things. It's like Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense. Wait a sec, maybe he's a ghost!!

Dave is imaginary. Period. Re-watch the episode and notice how he never touches anything, like the basketball, the keys, or opens the doors or windows. He has to convince Hurley to do all those things. It's like Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense. Wait a sec, maybe he's a ghost!!

besides for the coconut he nailed tons-o-love in the gut with... and the slipper that hurley was holding... and the other cocnut that he was gonnd toss at the blimp...

Bump.

Yeah, that's what they said.....but there's no way they get Walt. I'm guessing they compromise on Michael.

Didn't the previews show Jack & Kate getting caught in a net? I think the trade will be Henry for Jack & Kate.

I know "Zeke" admitted that "the boy's fine" during the 'line in the sand' episode, but did he make any mention that Michael is with them too?

Assuming Desmond isn't an Other, I wouldn't be surprised if he and Michael are holed up somewhere.

besides for the coconut he nailed tons-o-love in the gut with... and the slipper that hurley was holding... and the other cocnut that he was gonnd toss at the blimp...

Those were all to fool us. Libby said she didn't see a slipper and no one asked him about why he was carrying it around.

As for getting hit with things "thrown" by Dave, there's tons of crazy people that have fights with imaginary people. If Hurley believes imaginary Dave threw something at him, he can imagine getting hit and then double over.

Guest mojorizin

Those were all to fool us. Libby said she didn't see a slipper and no one asked him about why he was carrying it around.

As for getting hit with things "thrown" by Dave, there's tons of crazy people that have fights with imaginary people. If Hurley believes imaginary Dave threw something at him, he can imagine getting hit and then double over.

I agree. They obviously had, to Hurley at least, physical contact in the past (i.e. putting his arm around him, being slapped awake, etc).

Henry – This? This is nothing when I crawled through the vents to the computer and it

was counting down the timer reached zero. Red symbols that look like hyroglyphics came up I don’t know I’m no expert but then there was a noise like a magnet and generators, it was scary end then all of a sudden the numbers flipped back to 108. I never typed in the numbers. I didn’t do anything.

:thumbup:

Thanks! I guess it was a DVR problem. I was thinking the producers of the show were screwing with me. They were about to reveal what happened when the timer hit zero, and then the sound goes out. I was thinking that's not fair.

If Hurley imagines Dave, is it a stretch for him to imagine getting hit by a coconut or slapped by Dave? Wasn't there a scene in Fight Club where something like this happened?

I would chalk this up to another survivor's thoughts being read and the island/Others/Smoke Monster projected the thoughts into Hurley's head.

The mind reading angle just doesn't make sense to me. I haven't seen near enough evidence to conclude anything as I still believe the Ecko/smoke monster images to be his life flashing before his eyes as a way of showing him being in control of his life's short comings and thus exhibiting strength to Smokey. I think Hurley's guilt complex explains Dave and his hoarding of food combined with the constant nagging of the numbers "curse" brought about another episode. The guilt complex induced visions also goes for Jack seeing his dad and Claire seeing the horse (that horse wasn't real, right?).

1. The images were inside of the smoke monster, you even saw the electrical static going that was never present in the smoke monster in other scenes. I think that is pretty good proof that there is some sort of mind reading capability.

2. Kate's horse was also evidence. We know from her back story that it was the same horse. Also, Sawyer saw the horse and said so, so it wasn't a figment of Kate's imagination.

3. Jack's dad was also evidence because Jack's dad led him to the water/cave when they needed water the most. It also happened to be where Jack's dad's coffin was.

4. In the Sawyer boar scene, the whispers say "It'll come around", which was only a reference that he would have known. Kate also witnessed what the boar did to Sawyer's knap sack, so it wasn't just imagined by Sawyer or a dream.

I understand where Dave was imagined by Hurley in the first place, but I think this occurrence could have been part of this island manipulation that we have seen multiple times before, rather than just Hurley's psychosis again.

Just noting that I don't really want to inspect the possibility of mind-reading much, but do want to express that none of the evidence points emphatically to it.

Now, going down the line of thinking that someone on the island has significant access to a wide range of resources, has knowledge of the past of many of the crash victims and is running his own little power-tripped world, well, that might be fun.

Bump.

Didn't the previews show Jack & Kate getting caught in a net? I think the trade will be Henry for Jack & Kate.

I know "Zeke" admitted that "the boy's fine" during the 'line in the sand' episode, but did he make any mention that Michael is with them too?

Assuming Desmond isn't an Other, I wouldn't be surprised if he and Michael are holed up somewhere.

Paraphrase here, but I thought Zeke said that they had seen Michael, but he was off doing his own thing.

Noid, if you were referring to my post, I definitely think Dave was an imaginary friend. I just think that the Dave sighting on the island is in the same vein as Kate's horse and Jack's dad in that it isn't that Hurley's mental issues are resurfacing as much as something on the island is projecting Dave there this time.

Noid, if you were referring to my post, I definitely think Dave was an imaginary friend. I just think that the Dave sighting on the island is in the same vein as Kate's horse and Jack's dad in that it isn't that Hurley's mental issues are resurfacing as much as something on the island is projecting Dave there this time.

No, I actually agree with you that this could be the case. I was just responding in general to the "Polaroid Conspiracy" posts.

Guest mojorizin

Just noting that I don't really want to inspect the possibility of mind-reading much, but do want to express that none of the evidence points emphatically to it.

Now, going down the line of thinking that someone on the island has significant access to a wide range of resources, has knowledge of the past of many of the crash victims and is running his own little power-tripped world, well, that might be fun.

Not studying the show, I'm probably showing plain ignorance here, but unless these particular people were watched for years without their knowledge ala the Truman Show and somehow Dharma, or whoever, has insight into their psyche that no psychologist on earth could ever have, or the machinery, food, water on this island have a hallucinogenic quality that taps into memory, they HAVE to be able to read their minds. Not that realism is all that important for a tv show, but those are the only reasons I can come up with that hold water.

I think we've seen enough to know there isnt anything supernatural about the island unless something changes the first-day thinking that this was an existential message about hell/purgatory (which I would have much appreciated thank you - omnipotent corporations and such dont really thrill me much). Appears everything is manufactured for a purpose.

Paraphrase here, but I thought Zeke said that they had seen Michael, but he was off doing his own thing.

After Jack asked Zeke where Michael was, I believe Zeke responded with "Don't worry about him, he won't find us"

So besides for the stuff that he touched, he didn't touch anything. :loco:

I agree he was imaginary and all... but dude touched stuff.

No, I actually agree with you that this could be the case. I was just responding in general to the "Polaroid Conspiracy" posts.

Here is a screencap of what Hurley remembered about the photo. At first I didn't see the guy behind Hurley and Dave with the purple box. But on second inspection I see a blurry figure. I would chalk the whole daylight darkness thing up to it being a crappy camera.

Libby is not a clinical physcologist. She just likes to tell people that because she is crazy. When she was asked to set the guy's leg on the beach she was clearly terrified and just did what she'd seen on TV. Plus since the guy died there is no reason to believe that she did it correctly.

Henry lied about the timer running out. "He'll lie and he'll lie and then he'll lie some more." Nothing he's said is true, even after being caught in several lies by Sayid. He won't even tell Locke his name. The question is why lie about the timer? If he wanted it to run out he could have let it run out while Locke was pinned under the door.

Good episode, lots to talk about.

Guest mojorizin

Those things that must be manipulated in the "real world", ala the keys to the locks on the windows, Hurley had to get himself. When he touches something, its Hurley's subconscious. He touched stuff to Hurley, but no one else would have seen him get hit by a coconut.

Not studying the show, I'm probably showing plain ignorance here, but unless these particular people were watched for years without their knowledge ala the Truman Show and somehow Dharma, or whoever, has insight into their psyche that no psychologist on earth could ever have, or the machinery, food, water on this island have a hallucinogenic quality that taps into memory, they HAVE to be able to read their minds. Not that realism is all that important for a tv show, but those are the only reasons I can come up with that hold water.

I think we've seen enough to know there isnt anything supernatural about the island unless something changes the first-day thinking that this was an existential message about hell/purgatory (which I would have much appreciated thank you - omnipotent corporations and such dont really thrill me much). Appears everything is manufactured for a purpose.

It's not ignorance.

"Someone" had to have been monitoring these people for an awful long time for there to be so many storylines intertwined (even if only slightly).

This brings be to another question though. All the other survivors who we don't know about - Are they somehow linked to the "stars" or are they, for lack of a better term, collateral damage?

Those things that must be manipulated in the "real world", ala the keys to the locks on the windows, Hurley had to get himself. When he touches something, its Hurley's subconscious. He touched stuff to Hurley, but no one else would have seen him get hit by a coconut.

Just so we're clear... you're talking about the coconut that Dave threw, right?

How does Walt make it into another episode? The people n the island have only aged about 2 months, but Walt is in his early teens and will grow much bigger fast. How would they explain his growth spurt?

How does Walt make it into another episode? The people n the island have only aged about 2 months, but Walt is in his early teens and will grow much bigger fast. How would they explain his growth spurt?

nanobots

Guest mojorizin

Just so we're clear... you're talking about the coconut that Dave threw, right?

Yes. Did I miss something? (trust me, I aint saying I didnt)

I think that maybe Libby has been stalking Hurley since they were in the nut house.

Edited by Crimson Hawk

What did you see Dave touch in the "real" world in the institution? Nothing. He didn't touch the basketball during the basketball game. He didn't get the graham cracker for Hurley, when they left Hurley's room after Dave slapping Hurley I believe Hurley opened the door. Hurley took the lasagna, Dave didn't give it to him. Dave didn't give Hurley the keys for the window lock. (Dave even said, the keys are in your pocket, you got them earlier). Dave didn't open the lock, or the window. Dave only climbed out. Dave didn't touch anything tangible in the real world.

Dave touched a slipper and some coconuts that were probably not even there on the island.

You only saw Dave touch something that only Hurley could see on the island, whereas in the institution, he didn't touch anything anyone else could see.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Sack-Religious