What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (1 Viewer)

Widmore is involved with the island somehow and made sure Desmond ended up there. However, the island was built long before Desmond met his daughter.
Of course he is involved with the island, even on Hanso's web site and the Gary Troup book (aardball's post) they link Hanso to Widmore, but Widmore is the construction company.I don't think he had anything to do with making Desmond end up on the island. Desmond was the one who thought the whole thing up about racing just to spite Mr. Widmore and become something other than a coward.

Unless we find out Libby is somehow connected to Widmore (big stretch since Libby lives in LA, thus institutionalized with Hurley) and Widmore is a UK company, then Mr. Widmore probably didn't even know what Desmond was up to. Remember, Penny had to find Desmond, so as far as Mr. Widmore was concerned, Desmond wasn't even in Penny's life when he was already training for the race.
Wasn't Widmore the name of the home pregnancy test that Sun took? I thought other stuff had that name on it too...

:rolleyes:   I'll take the wink eye as giving me shizzee.

Serious question: physics guys - if there were an anomoly somewhere (like, say, in the middle of the pacific between Australia and LA), wouldn't a good place to track it be at one of the poles - are EM fields "drawn" to the poles?  Would an anomoly somewhere in the pacific giving off a HUGE EM pulse (I assume that was the flash of white) register as a big bump at the poles and then potentially be traceable back to its source?
Yes, giving you the shizzee with a little shinizzle fo dizzle.Again, I hope Brewdude knows more about that and his post is accurate. I only took the Physics I needed for an Engineering degree, but I would definitely think that being at the Pole would allow you to measure the size and direction. As Hulk and Brewdude pointed out, I think that the pulse would end up caught by the EM field of the Earth and disperse at the poles. If they had any idea of the size to expect, they probably could measure the dispersion, etc. and estimate the position. Then again, they might be able to just spot the source when it happened. I am really just making an educated guess which could easily be wrong.

But then again, Hulk was right, if they found it, we will never see the monitoring station again. Maybe the guys will come back as part of Penny's team, but there is now nothing to monitor again.
I'm not a physicist. But, I have done significant reading/studying of astronomical stuff. Auroras:

Typically the aurora appears either as a diffuse glow or as "curtains" that approximately extend in the east-west direction. At some times, they form "quiet arcs", at others ("active aurora") they evolve and change constantly. Each curtain consists of many parallel rays, each lined up with the local direction of the magnetic field lines, suggesting that aurora is shaped by the Earth's magnetic field, Indeed, satellites show auroral electrons to be guided by magnetic field lines, spiraling around them while moving earthwards.
IOW, electomagnetic charges are directed to the poles by the Earth's magnetic field.Of other interest:

The basalt -- the iron-rich, volcanic rock making up the ocean floor -- contains a strongly magnetic mineral (magnetite) and can locally distort compass readings.
Well, I am a physicist, and there seem to be a few issues here...
I think that the pulse would end up caught by the EM field of the Earth and disperse at the poles.
I am not really sure what this means. I think you are confusing the behavior of charged particles with electromagnetic radiation. As was discussed above, the Auroras are streams of particles "funneling" down to the polar regions. Any charged particle moving through a magnetic field will experience a force due to that field and thus be accelerated in a particular direction. However, an EM pulse (radiation), as ML refers to, is not drawn to a pole or forced in any direction. EM radiation will move through other fields without having its direction of motion altered.
I would definitely think that being at the Pole would allow you to measure the size and direction.
This is true. In fact this would be true of any location. The size and direction of magnetic field can be measured anywhere. Whatever measurements are taken are the combined effects of any type of magnetic phenomena/condition simultaneously affecting that region (which could be numerous). So while size and direction of "irregularities" could be measured, it could not be known if the disturbance was due to some smaller nearby effect of some larger magnitude, but more distant effect. Data from multiple observation locations would be needed to locate an actual point of origin...similar to what is done in determining the epicenter of an earthquake. So I suppose Penny's buddies could be wired into some sort of network of observatories that would allow access to sufficient data. But I don't believe there would be any physical need to be at one of the poles.On a side note...there are more magnetic observatories throughout Europe than any other area of the globe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. That was a long read.

The only thing my tired mind can say is I think the quarantine hatch lid was blown onto the beach because of the dynamite blast (not the magnetic force, which would have pulled it in not blow it out). That we saw go right up the shaft as Charlie crouched at the bottom of the shaft. Charlie's actions after. :shrug:

Nice posting. Worthy of the full words rather than the "goodposting" smilie.Very interesting read.So, if the Brazillian Portugese Russian Guys were anywhere near the island - not just at one of the poles - they could record a big EM blast and trace it back to its source?Doesn't really explain the snow etc outside the window - them being at a pole does - but I'm just wondering.

Nice posting. Worthy of the full words rather than the "goodposting" smilie.Very interesting read.

So, if the Brazillian Portugese Russian Guys were anywhere near the island - not just at one of the poles - they could record a big EM blast and trace it back to its source?

Doesn't really explain the snow etc outside the window - them being at a pole does - but I'm just wondering.
They could record changes in the localized magnetic field and if this is done from multiple places the data could be used to locate the origin of the "anomally".In the grand scheme of things, I hardly think it matters. Why worry about the absolute reality of a TV show, especially this one filled with all sorts of other paranormal twists. Writers/producers can do whatever they want to make things interesting. I enjoy the show tremendously, but I think there is too much "hyper-analysis" of every little detail...this topic included. But I guess that's what the shows creators want...keep the buzz alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably so, but not easy waiting 4 months to clear up questions from this week's episode and in the process I feel like I've already stumbled upon some of next year's spoilers.
They haven't shot any of next year's stuff yet.Trust me, 98% of the spoilers here are bull####. Nobody here knows what they're going to show in September. Nobody.
:goodposting: Which is why I don't understand people complaining about spoilers in the thread or throwing theories out (aside from the Purgatoryish ones that come up 50 times)? The only real spoilers seem to be the ones that Hulk digs up from a guy that actually seems to have some inside knowledge, although the last big spoilery one was totally off, just peppered with real things from the previews. In all those cases, everyone is good about whiting their replies out.

Before last Wednesday night, nobody had ever heard of Penny Widmore and it seems like she is going to appear a bunch in Season 3 and none of us knew that Hurley/Michael/Walt would be let go and Jack, Kate and Sawyer would be prisoners. Sure some people conjectured that Henry was the leader, but just as many thought that Sayid's CIA guy would be. I do have to say that was a good pull that he would even be back!

I don't know why I even came in here.  Don't you people just enjoy watching the show?  Why is it so important to try to "figure everything out"?
I will use an analogy here. Lost to us is as important as grammar to you. So, we tend to like to discuss it after the show as much as you like finding mistakes and correcting them.
I don't like finding mistakes. Finding mistakes means that I'm surrounded by people who make mistakes. My ideal situation would be to never to find a mistake ever.
fixed

I enjoy the show tremendously, but I think there is too much "hyper-analysis" of every little detail
:clap:couldn't agree more. i don;t like discussing that show while it is in-season.that said, now that it is off-season, analyzing every detail is a fun thing to do.

I enjoy the show tremendously, but I think there is too much "hyper-analysis" of every little detail
:clap: couldn't agree more. i don;t like discussing that show while it is in-season.

that said, now that it is off-season, analyzing every detail is a fun thing to do.
I don't mind the in season discussion. I enjoy the theories and speculation that go along with the show. What I don't care for is the "did anyone notice that Kate's shadow in the flashback is about 30 degrees off from where it was when the episode aired 3 months ago? I think that must signify that the Others are a cult of Apollo worshipers who have the ability to manipulate the position of the Sun" type stuff.

BTW, makes sense to put an electromagnetic monitoring station at one of the poles. The Earth's magnetism naturally channels electromagnetic activity to the poles.

This is why aurora borealis (northern lights) appear at the poles and only come down toward the equator during very strong electromagnetic activity.
Interesting.

Let's discuss the Libby thing again...

She said her hubby's boat's name was Elizabeth, which was named after her (and I guess Libby could be short for Elizabeth).

WTF was she doing in tonight's episode?  ....and in the looney bin with Hurley...  ...and why was she on Australia, when Desmond wasn't.  He was seen with Jack after Jack's surgery.

THAT in and of itself is driving me crazy.
I'm guessing she was watching Desmond race in the boat her husband loved, which she gave Desmond, and he was racing "for love," then disappeared, made her crack. Which is where she met Hurley.

I'm still not sure how she became a flight attendant though.
I agree with this guy.

I agree - I'd say make the next season thread spoiler free - but we'd need a mod on board.
I know I probably posted the most spoilers in this thread.I ALWAYS whited them out.

If people who don't want to see spoilers lack the self control to keep from highlighting them... I see that as their problem.

Plenty of people in the thread like the spoilers.

I agree that any non-whited out spoilers should not be allowed, but I don't believe we should cater to the tastes of some and remove all spoilers from the thread.

Fabulous episode - really tied a lot of stuff together.

You Lost freeks are gonna hate me for saying this, but they just jumped the shark.

No way they can top the last few weeks.
:bs: You're not welcome here. Get out Levin.
Sorry - but if you don't see it, you are blind.Where do they go from here? The mystery of the Hatches is pretty much solved. The only thing left is confrontation with the Others - which is, IMO, fairly derivative, and not very interesting.

Sorry guys, I sincerely doubt they can top what we saw the last 4-6 weeks. Still will be a good show - better than mnost everything on TV - buit I think we just saw the best episodes they can do.

They are now on the back side of the story's arc - a story the creators admitted has an end.

I predict two more seasons.
Do you know what "jump the shark" means? It certainly doesnt apply here.Personaly, I will be glad if they end it in 2 seasons, rather than see ABC go against the writers' wishes and milk the show for all its worth.
which would be the real definition of jumping the shark.Levin is defining the anti-jumping the shark.

Another thing about Henry supposedly being the leader.

When Sayid was about to shoot and kill him (and there's no doubt he would have followed through) why did Henry plea that Sayid had no idea what HE will do to Henry if he answered Sayid's questions?  There's that HE again.
Just a trick. Nearly everything Henry said was a lie and everything he did was to manipulate. He's definitely the leader of The Others.
But at that point, what is Henry manipulating? He was going to DIE. It was only averted because Anna hit Sayid's arm as he fired the gun meant to kill him. If the leader is dead, what is left to manipulate? No, there's someone else. Or that scene makes no sense.
Who's to say he didn't know that Sayid and Ana were running a "good cop/bad cop" game on him? He was one step ahead of them at every turn. He predicted every move they would make. And if there is a grander purpose to be served perhaps he believed that his sacrifice would serve that ultimate purpose. That's a pretty strong definition of a leader.
So did Henry Gale get caught in the net on purpose?

but if your going to come in and talk #### about a show we all enjoy watching,
Dude - I did NOT badmouth the show.I actually commented on how GREAT the last bunch of weeks were - ands how GREAT I thought this season closer was - I just feel the show hit the backside of an arc.

Now you hardcore fans are jumping down my throat.
Right, claiming a show has jumped the shark is a compliment.Like I said before, do yourself a favor and move along.
Dude - you are being WAY oversensitive.For someone who is obviously able to follow the most mundanje details, maybe you should follow the thread - last page I acknowledged the phrase was poor choice and I altered it to "backside of the arc." Much more accurate description of what I meant.
There is absolutely no way for you to know there is a backside coming. Is it possible? Sure. But all your attempts to show us why this will happen have failed.Blame your ownage on us fanatic Lost fans with photographic memories who do nothing but watch Lost episodes if that's what'll let you sleep at night.

Im done with this nonsense.
this made me :lmao:

BTW, apologies go out to all those that I ridiculed for saying the magnet would pull a plane 30,000 feet out of the sky. Still seems ridiculous to me, but it happened.
Desmond must have turned the "magnet" off before the crash otherwise, the tail and nose sections would not have ended up at different parts of the island and the whole plane would have crashed into the hatch. So, I am not sure that it did.

I don't think he was incompetent - he definitely split Locke and Jack, and he got a lot of information while inside. He got Michael in and out, and got Anna Lucia killed  - and I'm sure he wanted that done for a while.

I REALLY don't think he meant to be captured, though - how would he know Rousseau would turn him over to the Lost folks instead of assassinating him herself?
So you are saying his great plan was to drive a wedge between Jack and Locke for a few days before they caught on to his plan, found out he was a fake, and thus the wedge vanished, and then for Sayid to decide to shoot and kill him but of course he knew someone would hit Sayid's arm and prevent it at the last moment? Great plan. :rolleyes:

Henry is a moron.
Not a bad plan. Maybe he just underestimated Sayid and counted on Jack defending him and incorporating him into the group. Except for finding the ID on the real Henry Gale, it seemed to be working ok.If Michael and Walt do get off the island, the Others obviously know how and choose not to. I am not sure they are Hanso but they could be or maybe they are Witmore. Perhaps the ultimate leader that Henry was referring to is Penny or Penny's dad.

Or maybe Henry Gale is a member of a Greenpeace like organizatiand they are trying to stop the testing of animals and stumbled on something much larger.

There have been some BIG coincidences on this show, but the coincidence that Desmond goes out exploring and was late entering the numbers the exact time flight 815 is flying over the island is a little too big for me.  As others have indicated it appeared to have been more an accident than intentional, yet there are so many stories intertwined.  There has to be something bigger.
Thanks for posting something of relevance rather than the worthless debate over Henry's role considering our limited knowledge.Agree completely as I posted earlier. So either the magnet didn't make the plane crash - again maybe the timing was one of those huge coincidences - or they were all on flight 815 for a reason but the reason wasn't to crash on the island. Which would also be interesting.

Again, if that magnet pulled a plane out of the sky, that bunker would have imploded first.
Unless there was a huge build up when Desmond was late pushing the button and when he did push the button, the electromagnetic release caused the plane to crash.Don't forget that the plane was waaaay off course when the electromagnet pulled the plane into the island. So, there is one more coincidence to deal with.

BTW, apologies go out to all those that I ridiculed for saying the magnet would pull a plane 30,000 feet out of the sky.  Still seems ridiculous to me, but it happened.
Here's my theory. The magnet didn't pull the plane out of the sky...it just messed up the instruments.
I like it on the surface, but it doesn't really explain how the plane broke apart in mid-air. From the flashback scenes in the plane you could clearly see people being sucked out of the plane into the air and there was no ground near them. Not to mention that most commercial flights don't fly much higher than 30-35000 feet to begin with.Being closer to the ground would, hwoever, explain how Jack and others appear to have been "dropped" onto the ground without serious injury.
This is exactly my point. The plane was supposed to be at 35,000 feet. The magnet screwed with the instruments and the plane thought it was flying at 60,000 in an instant. It started a sharp descent to get back to the correct 35,000 feet. The oxygen masks drop as the plane descends. The descent is too sharp for the aircraft and it breaks apart as it nears what appears to be the 30,000 level--which is actually sea level.
would autopilot descend that fast to save the plane from the high altitide at the risk of tearing the plane apart?

When Sayid was about to shoot and kill him (and there's no doubt he would have followed through) why did Henry plea that Sayid had no idea what HE will do to Henry if he answered Sayid's questions?  There's that HE again.
Well how do we know that Henry wasn't lying? That's what they do, lie.
Because that scene with henry was different. Sayid at that point was prepared to kill his prisoner to make SURE he knew what his last words were. It was the only way to get useful info from him. He was going to kill him and Anna stopped him at the last second.
It was different from what?
It was different from being interrogated. He was no longer in interrogation mode. He was in execution mode. Without a doubt, if Anna does hit his arm, Sayid kills Henry. At that point, Henry is no longer offering BS, he is bargaining for his life.
But what if he's willing to die for his cause (whatever his cause may be)? That's certainly a possibility, right? :bye:
But if that's the case, then the organization Henry and the others belong to is BIGGER than Henry. And that means Henry is NOT the leader. Henry in your scenario is a pawn, willing to be sacrificed in the chess game.
I don't get your logic.
He is thinking at a higher level.

Maybe. But severely bleeding wounds in the back of the cranium would suggest a fracture. Blunt force fractures would tend to lead to death or vegetation at best.
Part of my rationale is that particular actor gets a lot of work that is vaguely lead-ish. He's not a one off, cameo type.
:goodposting: He was excellent as the bad preacher in Carnivale.
He is also pretty good as Mr. Eugene H. Krabs on SpongeBob.

....."did anyone notice that Kate's shadow in the flashback is about 30 degrees off from where it was when the episode aired 3 months ago? I think that must signify that the Others are a cult of Apollo worshipers who have the ability to manipulate the position of the Sun" type stuff.
:goodposting: I think you're on to something here.

And how did the supposed leader get caught so easily by Rouseau?
You really have no idea what's going on, do you?
What is your thought here? I personally believe all of Rousseau's stories. Do you think she is also an Other and the trap was a setup? I think Henry was legitimately caught in Rousseau's trap. People mentioned that Henry would be stupid to fall for the baby thing, but we have seen other traps like the tripwire Hurley hit that blew up her camp.
I think he wanted to be caught and taken to the crash survivors' camp.
Interesting and definitely possible. I don't think I thought that he would intentionally get caught, why not just go into the camp with the Henry Gale story to start?Oh well, I am still confused about why Henry was trying to keep working on Locke with the whole "I never pressed the button and it just reset/did nothing" angle. We know from last night, that Henry had to have entered the code.

The only thing I can think of is that he wanted Locke to question his faith and become an Other, but then why wasn't Locke on the list of 4? Why wouldn't Henry just take off in that case if he didn't really need Locke? Also, if the goal was to get the button not pushed, why not storm the castle, there is usually only one or two people in there and it isn't close to the beach, i.e. reinforcements?

All that has me shuked.
Don't forget the list of people was written without any of the information that Henry Gale gained while in captivity. Plus Gale said he was sent to bring back Locke (which may or may not be true). So, the list of people is somewhat old without the new information Henry gained and (maybe) should have included Locke.

What about that CGI'd green bird screaming Hurley's name twice...it sounded just like Walt..as in Walt, I made a bird fly into my window once, Walt.
Sawyer did not seem to think that it said Hurley's name.

Because he was manipulating everyone.I think it is clear that Fake Henry is the leader.

And FYI, the creators did say in a recent episode that the finale would reveal the true status of Henry.
If that is what they said, then the show is now dumb. End of story.Henry manipulated NOTHING. He upset Locke for a day or two. But in the end, Henry's actions probably pulled Locke and Jack closer together if anything.
:lmao:

My thoughts on the Fake Gale being the leader are that he is not in fact the grand leader, kupcho1 hit on this as well.

I think Henry can be considered like a Captain on the island, where as Zeke and Ms Klugh can be considered Lt's. There are definitely some that are ranking above him, he is simply the combat zone leader.

One piece of evidence that leads me to believe this, which no one has yet to recognize is the location of those scenes with the others.

At the end of a very long pier.

Why would they be way out there? to see Michael off? Doubtfully. The only reason to bring everyone way out there is because someone is arriving or someone is leaving. And since Michael took off in Gale's boat I think that the Others are awaiting the arrival of someone else......HIM maybe? via Sea Plane?

One other tidbit that I found confusing was that the others showed no emotion to when the electro magnet was destroyed. You would think that they would at least exchange curious glances, unless of course they knew it was going to happen. I think that they did eventually want that thing destroyed otherwise Henry would not have planted that seed in Locke's head.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings for now.
The long pier was interesting. If not nervous glances, you would think they would at least have a "here we go again" look.

Does it bother anyone that Michael murdered 2 people in cold-blood and walks away like nothing happened.  Not only that, but when the group found out he had killed them, their reaction was more akin to him having kicked a puppy instead of killing 2 people.  That is unforgiving of the writers.  Lost fans, say hello to Alias's fate.
Agreed, I'm surprised Sawyer didn't go after him there.
:goodposting: I was surprised as well. I was actually waiting for Sawyer to pull a Charlie (on Ethan), but Jack did kind of stop them and said that he had a plan. He said they needed to appear as if they were still believing in Michael so that Sayid and Jin could save the day.

Jack just screwed up in thinking that the ambush was going to be at the camp where Sayid was and thus they got caught.
Jack as a leader is a joke. End of story.

how do the others know all of their names, especially sawyers, who very few of the losties even know by real name?
Hurley knows everybody's real name because he had the list from the plane. Any chance Hurley is working with the Others somehow?
Interesting. But, I am not sure he is that smart.

It's probably in the thread somewhere, but was it ever determined why Hurley, Jack, Kate and Sawyer were the four the Others requested that Michael bring back with him?
Nope but it's clear The Others want Jack, Kate and Sawyer for some purpose. Hurley appeared to just be someone added to the list so he could be used to warn everyone to not pursue The Others again. Jack, Kate and Sawyer are the keys. We also know Locke is important to The Others as well (he was the reason Henry wanted to infiltrate the Losties' camp).
This bothered me, as they previously had Kate in their possesion, and Locke (who they supposedly want also), Jack, and Sawyer surrounded.Why not take them then?
They were not as well armed as Jack, Sawyer and Locke?Although I guess they could have used the tazers.

The MOST believable mention of a higher up in the other's ranks is by Henry, period.
That's how I took the interrogation a few weeks ago, too.I think we get a new character next year more powerful than Henry.
Are we sure Kelvin is dead?
What about Kelvin's old partner (I forget his name)? Seems likely that guy is still alive, or never existed. Kelvin isn't the most reliable truthteller. A brown spot on the ceiling hardly proves that he blew his brains out.
I think both are dead. As someone mentioned earlier, if Kelvin was not dead (it was 1 year ago), then he would have grabbed the boat and left.Until Kelvin found Desmond, I think he was a company man and was religious about pressing the button. I think after he saw that Desmond had no ill affects at all to being exposed, he then set a plan to fix the boat and leave Desmond there to play with the button while he escaped. Because of that, I do think that his partner did kill himself.
It was 60 days ago, the day the plane crashed.
Desmond would know, he would have had to run right past Kelvin to get to his boat unless he figured out another way to get there.

It's probably in the thread somewhere, but was it ever determined why Hurley, Jack, Kate and Sawyer were the four the Others requested that Michael bring back with him?
Nope but it's clear The Others want Jack, Kate and Sawyer for some purpose. Hurley appeared to just be someone added to the list so he could be used to warn everyone to not pursue The Others again. Jack, Kate and Sawyer are the keys. We also know Locke is important to The Others as well (he was the reason Henry wanted to infiltrate the Losties' camp).
This bothered me, as they previously had Kate in their possesion, and Locke (who they supposedly want also), Jack, and Sawyer surrounded.Why not take them then?
I dunno. The only time we've heard that the Others wanted Locke was when Henry told Locke "I was coming for you". BUT, as I mentioned before, this was the same speech where he said that he didn't push the button (which was obviously false - because the hatch didn't implode) and planted the seed that the button is useless.. Locke's purpose to the Others was to doubt his faith, and not push the button. Gale got exactly what he needed from Locke.

Now the only question is why.
They could have sent Locke back like they did with Hurley if they didn't want him. Maybe it was too soon to take them captive.

There was some discussion last week about what the 4 survivors had in common. Now we know the only reason they asked for Hurley was to send a message back.

So do we speculate again on what Jack, Kate and Sawyer have in common?
But why did they specify Hurley to bring the message back? Seems like pretty much anyone could fulfill that role. Except Jin I guess.
:lmao: That would have been funny if they left it up to Michael and he brought Jin to send back the message.

Which is probably what caused the hatch door to go flying off... kind of like the popping of a champagne cork.
I like the champagne cork theory. It fits.
Are you talking about the swan hatch? Because that hatch door was blown off well before the key was turned when Locke used the dynamite.
good point. why was the swan hatch door blown off if it was just laying on the side not covering anything? Must be from a different hatch or a different part of the hatch.

She said her hubby's boat's name was Elizabeth, which was named after her (and I guess Libby could be short for Elizabeth).

WTF was she doing in tonight's episode?  ....and in the looney bin with Hurley...   ...and why was she on Australia, when Desmond wasn't.  He was seen with Jack after Jack's surgery.

I'm guessing she was watching Desmond race in the boat her husband loved, which she gave Desmond, and he was racing "for love," then disappeared, made her crack. Which is where she met Hurley.

I agree with this guy.
I agree as well. I think I posted the same thing right around the same time when we were discussing the Libby/Desmond meeting. I definitely think she slid into depression (thus going to the institution) because of her husband's death (1 month before meeting Desmond) leading to her giving Desmond the boat and then following the race and hearing that Desmond was lost/dead at sea.One note though. Libby was not a flight attendant. I think Brewdude is mixing her up with Cindy the tailie that got snatched before they got to the rest of the survivors. Libby has only said that she was a psychologist, which I think is true, but that was her profession before her life unraveled and she stalked a fat guy.

Locke is a complete dummy.
Did you mean to say "dummy" or did you get language-filtered?
I did mean to say dummy. No other word can describe him better.I could stand on the Golden Gate Bridge with locke and tell him I have a magic nickel with mystical powers. Then I could toss it off the side, and I'm certain he'd scream like a woman and then fall over the side in hot pursuit.

I hope he dies. :thumbdown:
His character really took a turn for the worse. From the badass outdoorsman who knew how to do everything, to a pathetic gullible sap. :(
which is where he was before the plane took off anyway. ciiircle of liiiife.

:clap: couldn't agree more. i don;t like discussing that show while it is in-season.

that said, now that it is off-season, analyzing every detail is a fun thing to do.
I don't mind the in season discussion. I enjoy the theories and speculation that go along with the show. What I don't care for is the "did anyone notice that Kate's shadow in the flashback is about 30 degrees off from where it was when the episode aired 3 months ago? I think that must signify that the Others are a cult of Apollo worshipers who have the ability to manipulate the position of the Sun" type stuff.
While I agree that sometimes there is outlandish stuff discussed, it is usually dismissed pretty quickly. I think for the most part the speculation is pretty good and fun to discuss.It is funny because I think there are as many "I used to post here, but the thread has gotten crazy" posts as there are BGP..., er I mean, way out there theory posts.

Pay attention here:

Mr. Widmore built the island and made sure that desmond crashed on it and would tend to a button just so he would stay away from his daughter.

HOW COME NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THE HUGE FOOT WITH 4 TOES?
THIS IS MY THEORY AS WELL!!!!!
That old boat with the dynamite sure was a nice prop.

Last nights show has been dissected pretty well here... the one thing that hasnt been mentioned that is puzzling to me is when they said that they got more than they bargained for from Walt. If true, why are they willing to let him go?
"More than they bargained for" could mean unanticipated negatives as well as positives. Maybe they wanted to get rid of Walt.
When Henry got out of the boat, he said something about not being happy about the deal that was made.
Of course he's gonna say that. Doesn't mean it's true.
I thought it was a message to Zeke and Clue. Not everything he says has to be a lie.

WTF was she doing in tonight's episode?  ....and in the looney bin with Hurley...   ...and why was she on Australia, when Desmond wasn't.  He was seen with Jack after Jack's surgery.

I agree with this guy.
I agree as well. I think I posted the same thing right around the same time when we were discussing the Libby/Desmond meeting. I definitely think she slid into depression (thus going to the institution) because of her husband's death (1 month before meeting Desmond) leading to her giving Desmond the boat and then following the race and hearing that Desmond was lost/dead at sea.One note though. Libby was not a flight attendant. I think Brewdude is mixing her up with Cindy the tailie that got snatched before they got to the rest of the survivors. Libby has only said that she was a psychologist, which I think is true, but that was her profession before her life unraveled and she stalked a fat guy.
:doh: You are correct. Whatever happened to Cindy? She just disappeared on that trip and was never mentioned again...

Oh, also:

Hurley heard the heading that Fake Henry told Michael and Walt to take to "rescue".

Jin, Sayid, and Sun still have the sail boat.

Any chance they try and head out on that bearing next season?

I'd say thats quite likely.
Good point. Do the others know they have a boat?

Which is probably what caused the hatch door to go flying off... kind of like the popping of a champagne cork.
I like the champagne cork theory. It fits.
Are you talking about the swan hatch? Because that hatch door was blown off well before the key was turned when Locke used the dynamite.
good point. why was the swan hatch door blown off if it was just laying on the side not covering anything? Must be from a different hatch or a different part of the hatch.
I think we covered this before. The theory is that Desmond turning the key caused an EM pulse which probably sent the metal door flying up in the air.

Users who are viewing this thread