What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (3 Viewers)

I thought the producers acknowledged in an interview at the end of season 1 that the people in the boat were the "others"?

Shannon spoiler and other general spoilers

11/11 - Maggie Grace is not expected to return to Lost island in the future. [There are no other deaths in the works.] We'll be seeing Locke soon in another flashback, this time in his wheelchair. Brittany Perrineau, who plays Mary Jo, the woman who pulled out Hurley's lottery numbers, and also Sawyer's one-night stand, will be back for a third episode very soon. Harold explains: "I think the idea was that Sawyer was a con man, and he might want to con the Lotto girl. And she might not be a one-night stand."

Theory time!(forgive me if this has been suggested already)Shannon's not dead. Sawyer is dead.From a story telling stand-point I don't see how the can kill off Shannon. She's tied to too many story lines. She's the last link to Boone, she's watching the dog, she's the one seeing Walt, Sayid's in love with her, she's the only one who speaks french... I also find it hard to believe that we'd FINALLY see her back story only to have her immediately killed off. It just doesn't make sense.On the other hand Sawyer's role is more of a "type" then a character. His character isn't really needed for any of the on-going story lines. What is needed is a brash and abrasive type who uses violence, or the threat of violence, to solve problems to be the catalyst (but not important cog) in moving stories along. Seems to me Ana-Lucia will be able to fill that role in Sawyer's absence.It also seems like the kind of "gotcha!" twist the show would go for. They tell us a main character will die and one ends up shot at the end so everybody thinks it's Shannon. Meanwhile Sawyer's eyes have rolled to the back of his head as he lays dead in the stretcher the last 15 minutes and nobody notices.One last thing/question... in the ads leading up to this episode the voice over said something to the effect of "one of these survivors will die" as the camera panned over several characters. I know Sawyer was pictured in that ad....but I don't recall Shannon being there. That could be another infamous meta-clue. Anyway, just a theory at this point but I for one will not be surprised if Shannon gets tossed into the stretcher and doctor Jack ends up saving her...EricThe Seeahwk

I also find it hard to believe that we'd FINALLY see her back story only to have her immediately killed off. It just doesn't make sense.
Didn't the episode with Boone's death have Boone flashbacks? Or am I not remembering that correctly?

When's (possible spoiler) "Kelvin" going to make another appearance?
There is a rumor about this.
Rumor has it that the bearded guy on the boat that took Walt is in fact Kelvin.
I'd heard that one, and I believe it.My original question still stands, now slightly amended.
Yes, that was the rumor, which I saw with my own eyes, on imdb.com (no longer there).I would have to say that we won't see it for a while. We might see "him" again, but not in the way you asked for quite some time. I just think the tailies story will take at least a few episodes to give us the backstory on the attacks and then bringing them together with the other 40+ survivors will take some time. Also, throw in discussion about Walt/saving Sawyer and you are definitely talking a few weeks away at the earliest.

Maybe "he" will show up when we start learning more about why the plane crashed. I think I remember that that was one of the answers we were supposed to get this season.

I also find it hard to believe that we'd FINALLY see her back story only to have her immediately killed off.  It just doesn't make sense.
Didn't the episode with Boone's death have Boone flashbacks? Or am I not remembering that correctly?
I think it did and I do think that Shannon is dead. Based on what the producers said and the fact that Shannon got her closure before she got shot. The whole episode was that no one believed in her and that she was on her own (i.e. the Abandoned title) once her dad died, until Sayid said that he believed her and that he loved her. After that, they could kill her and the backstory on her could be done with no need for more, like Locke where we still don't know why he got paralyzed or Jack and why his marriage is/seems over, etc.

I'd heard that one, and I believe it.My original question still stands, now slightly amended.
Where have we heard the reference to this person's name? I'm drawing a blank.
From DesmondEdit: wasnt that person the guy Desmond was splitting button shifts with?

Last edited by a moderator:
From DesmondEdit: wasnt that person the guy Desmond was splitting button shifts with?
Ah. I thought Desmond said the guy he was splitting button shifts with died. Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly.

Ah. I thought Desmond said the guy he was splitting button shifts with died. Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly.
I think he did. Maybe he thinks he is dead?I cant ever keep up with this thread, so Im not 100% up to date with every detail....

This may have been covered earlier in the thread, but are we sure that Ethan was part of the Others?  Sure he was trying to steal the baby like the Others apparently stole children from the tailenders, but there are some things that don't add up.  He seemed reasonably well-dressed in newer clothing.  The Others seem to be a lot more dirty and Tarzan-like in their appearance (granted, we only saw a shot of their legs).  Also, when Ethan was ambushed and killed by Charlie, he was punked pretty easily.  The Others seem to be far more savvy than that, and they apparently act in groups.  Perhaps Ethan was trying to trade for something just like the French woman.  In fact, the boat dudes seem to be in the child-trade business as well, as they don't seem to be part of the Others, yet they took Walt who now appears to be in the hands of the Others.
Hey BB, that's a pretty good point about the "others" looking a little frayed while Ethan was well dressed. I hadn't thought about that. Let me ask a follow up question, are we sure that the folks looking frayed (as seen by Echo/Jin) are "the Others"? I'm not sure why one particular group has that label...or where the hell the label came from anyway. Great point though, that does seem inconsistent.
I would think the folks we saw while Ecko and Jin were hiding are the Others. It sounds like the tailenders have seen the Others during the repeated attacks on their group (perhaps not), so I would think that Ecko would recognize the group (which is why he was hiding). Also, there was a child with the frayed group we saw, and indications are that the Others took the children from the tailenders.
Ethan could have easily taken clothes from the suitcases when he was pretending to be part of the group. Hell he could have taken the clothes then merged. You have to remember that he kicked the crap out of Jack, the episode before. He may have still if they were given more time but he got outnumbered. I definately think Ethan is an Other and I think the people on the boat were Others also.

Jin and Ecko saw feet of children, and it seems like there were children taken from the tailles.

You remember correctly. :) Desmond might be wrong. :yes:

I watched the episode where the French lady talks about her kid Alex and she definitely says "her" in reference to Alex.I don't know if this debate was ever finished.

1. It's Hawaii. Why not buy a house there, especially if you have the money?

2. Being dead on Lost doesn't mean she won't be on the show ever again. I could see a flashback or two with her in it.

But on the flipside, writing Flashbacks without Boone for Shannon could have been a little difficult, so this might be an out for the writers from having to deal with whether they can get Ian for an episode they have written with a Shannon flashback.
:goodposting: Just because she is dead doesn't mean she won't be back on a couple episodes.

Also, what do you mean in the bolded text? Boone was in this week's episode. Is Ian not doing anymore Lost episodes even if they ask him? I wasn't aware of any issues there, but your statement makes me think you heard something like that.
Just supposition, I haven't heard anything, but I'm talking about real life there. If Ian starts a movie, or gets a TV series casting as a regular, he isn't going to be able to take a week off for Hawaii in the middle of it. Not having to maybe change things after the fact for actor availability MIGHT have played into the Shannon decision.

While the tail-enders have obviously been attacked (based on the preview) by the Others, they may have also been infiltrated by an Ethan-like person. It makes sense that the Others saw/heard the plane crash and sent out some scouts like Ethan to blend in at first and come up with a plan of attack. Ethan didn't call out a full-fledged attack because there were more people and what seemed like better defense (guns/knives from Locke/cave) than the tail-enders who seemed to have no supplies/defense. Again, the Others (making the leap about the boat folks) obviously knew about the raft getting launched as they were looking for it, but since Ethan got shot and killed, they probably didn't want to try and attack the fuselage survivors directly.

It will be interesting to see if all the tail-enders we just met are from the plane. So far, we know Anna and Bernard are and next week (or from the pictures ;) ) we should know more.
Discussing the ep with a friend, and I had an epiphany. There was an Ethan in the Tailies camp, and it was Cindy(?), The Brunette who went missing in the Jungle. That's why she vanished. She wasn't taken, but instead knew they were close to the main camp, and took off before she would be exposed.Major writing points if Hurley pulls out the Passenger list next week to check the Tailies.

Huge info on a coming episode...HUGE

Episode title Merged

* Scheduled air date: December 14, 2005

This episode has some big questions answered. It shows flashbacks of the island. Yes, the island and tells you how the hatch came to be, what will happen if the 'numbers' aren't typed into the computer, and how the 'others' came on the island.

Source: E!

Episode title Merged

*    Scheduled air date: December 14, 2005

This episode has some big questions answered. It shows flashbacks of the island. Yes, the island and tells you how the hatch came to be, what will happen if the 'numbers' aren't typed into the computer, and how the 'others' came on the island.

well given the air date, that sounds like that will be the last orignal before the holiday re-run season.

Episode title Merged

*    Scheduled air date: December 14, 2005

:excited:

While the tail-enders have obviously been attacked (based on the preview) by the Others, they may have also been infiltrated by an Ethan-like person. It makes sense that the Others saw/heard the plane crash and sent out some scouts like Ethan to blend in at first and come up with a plan of attack. Ethan didn't call out a full-fledged attack because there were more people and what seemed like better defense (guns/knives from Locke/cave) than the tail-enders who seemed to have no supplies/defense. Again, the Others (making the leap about the boat folks) obviously knew about the raft getting launched as they were looking for it, but since Ethan got shot and killed, they probably didn't want to try and attack the fuselage survivors directly.

It will be interesting to see if all the tail-enders we just met are from the plane. So far, we know Anna and Bernard are and next week (or from the pictures ;) ) we should know more.
Discussing the ep with a friend, and I had an epiphany. There was an Ethan in the Tailies camp, and it was Cindy(?), The Brunette who went missing in the Jungle. That's why she vanished. She wasn't taken, but instead knew they were close to the main camp, and took off before she would be exposed.Major writing points if Hurley pulls out the Passenger list next week to check the Tailies.
Cindy was a stewardess on the plane. Watch the original episode and you'll see it. She's probably harmless (or dead)

Cindy was a stewardess on the plane. Watch the original episode and you'll see it. She's probably harmless (or dead)
The dirty blonde will be the "Ethan" of the others...

No one has mentioned that Ana Lucia had a wedding ring on when she fired her gun (regardless of who/what she shot). Does anyone know if she was wearing a ring in the airport when she was flirting with Jack at the bar?

Episode title Merged

*     Scheduled air date: December 14, 2005

:excited:
:excited: Me too, sounds awesome!Also, I saw the trailers for next week on Old School last night and the tailies story seems intense, real intense. It should make for another awesome show.

I have to say, if this season keeps going on like it has, I don't think there has been, in my mind, a comparable TV show season. There have been good episodes and such, but I don't think I have ever been so riveted by a TV show.

The dirty blonde will be the "Ethan" of the others...
After what the went through with Ethan, I would actually be a bit peeved if they didn't go through the passenger list or at least tell the tailies about Ethan and make sure they can account for everyone.I still am not that suspicious of the dirty blonde, just because she has been the most forthcoming about what has happened to them so far. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for where each tailie came from. Again, Anna and Bernard are the only two that we definitely know were on the plane.

Just wanted to throw this out there. When Shannon ran off after Walt, Sayid kind of sits there for a second and then runs after her. He takes a digger in the mud, then runs some more and hears a shot!Shannon staggers onto the screen, and as he begins to cradle her in his arms, there is another shot, much quieter. I don't know that Sayid is looking at Ana Lucia at all when he gets his crazy eyes going. As was mentioned, she looked to be a right-handed shooter, and in the cut where you see Sayid holding Shannon, the pistol is clearly hung to the person's (not necessarily Anna Lucia's) left side. The group and Sayid are never in a shot together. Wife and I replayed to see what happened with the disappearing woman, and watched through and there is most certainly another, quieter shot to be heard right as Sayid begins to cradle Shannon. FWIW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to throw this out there. When Shannon ran off after Walt, Sayid kind of sits there for a second and then runs after her. He takes a digger in the mud, then runs some more and hears a shot!

Shannon staggers onto the screen, and as he begins to cradle her in his arms, there is another shot, much quieter. I don't know that Sayid is looking at Ana Lucia at all when he gets his crazy eyes going. As was mentioned, she looked to be a right-handed shooter, and in the cut where you see Sayid holding Shannon, the pistol is clearly hung to the person's (not necessarily Anna Lucia's) left side.

The group and Sayid are never in a shot together. Wife and I replayed to see what happened with the disappearing woman, and watched through and there is most certainly another, quieter shot to be heard right as Sayid begins to cradle Shannon. FWIW.
Damn you NBC, damn you Martha Stewart!Why did they have to move E-Ring to 8pm, just so I had to record Martha Stewart for my wife?

I would love to watch that scene again but (for DVD sales revenue) ABC is no longer showing Lost repeats on the weekends and I can't really tell my wife that I must record Lost instead of Martha's show (meaning she couldn't watch it at all) because I want to re-watch Lost to see details that I might have missed.

Rant aside, I do agree that that might be the case. I do think that Anna won't be Shannon's killer. I think it will end up being Walt. The spoiler info above and some producer comments make me think that there is a little mystery behind Shannon's death and if Anna killed her, then there really isn't much mystery at all since we know she was on the plane and that she/tailies have good reason to be afraid and be on the defense/ready to shoot.

Just wanted to throw this out there.  When Shannon ran off after Walt, Sayid kind of sits there for a second and then runs after her.  He takes a digger in the mud, then runs some more and hears a shot!

Shannon staggers onto the screen,  and as he begins to cradle her in his arms, there is another shot, much quieter.  I don't know that Sayid is looking at Ana Lucia at all when he gets his crazy eyes going.  As was mentioned, she looked to be a right-handed shooter, and in the cut where you see Sayid holding Shannon, the pistol is clearly hung to the person's (not necessarily Anna Lucia's) left side. 

The group and Sayid are never in a shot together.  Wife and I replayed to see what happened with the disappearing woman, and watched through and there is most certainly another, quieter shot to be heard right as Sayid begins to cradle Shannon.  FWIW.
Damn you NBC, damn you Martha Stewart!Why did they have to move E-Ring to 8pm, just so I had to record Martha Stewart for my wife?

I would love to watch that scene again but (for DVD sales revenue) ABC is no longer showing Lost repeats on the weekends and I can't really tell my wife that I must record Lost instead of Martha's show (meaning she couldn't watch it at all) because I want to re-watch Lost to see details that I might have missed.

Rant aside, I do agree that that might be the case. I do think that Anna won't be Shannon's killer. I think it will end up being Walt. The spoiler info above and some producer comments make me think that there is a little mystery behind Shannon's death and if Anna killed her, then there really isn't much mystery at all since we know she was on the plane and that she/tailies have good reason to be afraid and be on the defense/ready to shoot.
you could always download the episode via bit torrent- it was missing a lost episode that got me downloading stuff when needed

EOnline

There is an interesting article on Lost this season in the Link above. There are some spoilers, so don't go there if you don't want info.

EOnline

There is an interesting article on Lost this season in the Link above. There are some spoilers, so don't go there if you don't want info.
This according to Daniel Dae Kim, whom you can see for yourself in the video clip at right. Yunjin adds: "We are the only married couple on the island, so I think that's a good reason to root for us to be together.
What about Rose and Bernard :confused:

EOnline

There is an interesting article on Lost this season in the Link above.  There are some spoilers, so don't go there if you don't want info.
This according to Daniel Dae Kim, whom you can see for yourself in the video clip at right. Yunjin adds: "We are the only married couple on the island, so I think that's a good reason to root for us to be together.
I kind of forget about them. Rose is used so much as a side character and I think Bernard will be treated that way too. :shrug:

Just wanted to throw this out there.  When Shannon ran off after Walt, Sayid kind of sits there for a second and then runs after her.  He takes a digger in the mud, then runs some more and hears a shot!

Shannon staggers onto the screen,  and as he begins to cradle her in his arms, there is another shot, much quieter.  I don't know that Sayid is looking at Ana Lucia at all when he gets his crazy eyes going.  As was mentioned, she looked to be a right-handed shooter, and in the cut where you see Sayid holding Shannon, the pistol is clearly hung to the person's (not necessarily Anna Lucia's) left side. 

The group and Sayid are never in a shot together.  Wife and I replayed to see what happened with the disappearing woman, and watched through and there is most certainly another, quieter shot to be heard right as Sayid begins to cradle Shannon.  FWIW.

The Martha Stewart show is the worst show on TV and has already been cancelled next year. Tell your wife it sucks.

I'm sure many of you remember this website:

http://www.thehansofoundation.org

Well, its been updated, and I'm not sure what to make of the updates.

If you go to active projects, and choose the Life Extension Project you'll see that there is a new memo there.

Furthermore, if you scroll your mouse over the bottom paragraph you find a hidden link, which takes you to another page which requests a password.

I've discovered that the password is: Copenhagen

If you imput that you're taken to another new page, which has a fax from the Global Health Organization to the Hanso Foundation.

This web site is owned and maintained by ABC. Anyone have any thoughts on the content... I'm not certain what to make of it.

I'm sure many of you remember this website:

http://www.thehansofoundation.org

Well, its been updated, and I'm not sure what to make of the updates.

If you go to active projects, and choose the Life Extension Project you'll see that there is a new memo there.

Furthermore, if you scroll your mouse over the bottom paragraph you find a hidden link, which takes you to another page which requests a password.

I've discovered that the password is: Copenhagen

If you imput that you're taken to another new page, which has a fax from the Global Health Organization to the Hanso Foundation.

This web site is owned and maintained by ABC. Anyone have any thoughts on the content... I'm not certain what to make of it.
It's the producers trying to confuse us even more....

EOnline

There is an interesting article on Lost this season in the Link above.  There are some spoilers, so don't go there if you don't want info.
I kind of forget about them. Rose is used so much as a side character and I think Bernard will be treated that way too. :shrug:
My wife swears that they showed Rose with a man in one of the earlier flashbacks who was black. This guy Bernard never called Rose his wife. He only asked if a woman named Rose was on the other side. I don't think Bernard is Rose's husband but a man who Rose's husband asked to tell her either what happened to him or to look out for her.

EOnline

My wife swears that they showed Rose with a man in one of the earlier flashbacks who was black. This guy Bernard never called Rose his wife. He only asked if a woman named Rose was on the other side. I don't think Bernard is Rose's husband but a man who Rose's husband asked to tell her either what happened to him or to look out for her.
Right. He didn't seem happy that they knew her to be alive, just that they knew of her.

Be a great guy and let her watch Martha live while you tape Lost. You can then watch Lost as much as you want and pick up brownie points and her gratitude for putting her choices first.

Be a great guy and let her watch Martha live while you tape Lost. You can then watch Lost as much as you want and pick up brownie points and her gratitude for putting her choices first.
No way, my wife loves Lost as well. I have to watch it live, because my DVR (Dish, not Tivo) is SD, so if I record it, I can't watch it on my 65" HDTV. That is definitely not an option. Lost is fantastic in HD.

EOnline

Right. He didn't seem happy that they knew her to be alive, just that they knew of her.
Are you guys sure, I could have sworn that he broke down crying. He seemed very happy to me to here she was OK. They also showed Rose putting a candy bar in her pocket for Bernard because she said he liked candy. She has also said a ton of times that she "knows" her husband is still alive. She even told Jack on the plane that her husband was in the back.I would chalk this up to an actress saying something in an interview and making an honest mistake in that she and Jin are the only married couple that have actually been in a scene together.

EOnline

Are you guys sure, I could have sworn that he broke down crying. He seemed very happy to me to here she was OK. They also showed Rose putting a candy bar in her pocket for Bernard because she said he liked candy. She has also said a ton of times that she "knows" her husband is still alive. She even told Jack on the plane that her husband was in the back.I would chalk this up to an actress saying something in an interview and making an honest mistake in that she and Jin are the only married couple that have actually been in a scene together.
Agreed. Bernard and Rose are husband and wife.

Users who are viewing this thread