Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series

Guest ianfitzy

What do you think Anna Lucia's backstory is? She seems to be quite proficient in fighting and with weapons. I am thinking military maybe.

I'm not sure Nathan was an "other" because Goodwin later said that Anna would get suspicious if she cut of Nathan's finger and he still was swearing he was on the plane. I took that to mean Goodwin was afraid Anna would realize the guy must be telling the truth and that put Goodwin at risk of being found out.

I tend to agree with this.. Damn, so in Anna was responsible for 3 killings. Nathan, Goodwin, & Shannon. If she was never suspicious of Nathan, Goodwin probably doesn't kill him.

Pure Gold this show was... Pure Gold

:goodposting:

Absolutely!

Anyone understand what Echo said to Jack in the previews?

sounded like "anna lucia made a mistake"

Could have been that, too. He said a couple things to Jack in the previews.

I heard him say are you the doctor, but it was the thing after that I didn't.

He said both these things.

What do you think Anna Lucia's backstory is? She seems to be quite proficient in fighting and with weapons. I am thinking military maybe.

My wife says military, but I've been saying police or fed since last week when she turned to fire the gun at Shannon. And I'm even more convinced after seeing again how she pointed the gun at Sawyer in the pit.

She knew how old the knife was... about. She kicked some #### in Resident Evil fighting zombies too. I would put her in a military family and herself being a cop or investigator of some kind... detective maybe.

Pure Gold this show was... Pure Gold

Absolutely!

Anyone understand what Echo said to Jack in the previews?

sounded like "anna lucia made a mistake"

Could have been that, too. He said a couple things to Jack in the previews.

I heard him say are you the doctor, but it was the thing after that I didn't.

He said both these things.

Right, and after Jack heard him say Anna's name, you could tell Jack recognized her name.

There is an interview she gave that tells her profession. I think it's in TV Guide.

I'm not sure Nathan was an "other" because Goodwin later said that Anna would get suspicious if she cut of Nathan's finger and he still was swearing he was on the plane. I took that to mean Goodwin was afraid Anna would realize the guy must be telling the truth and that put Goodwin at risk of being found out.

:goodposting: Edited by rick6668

There is an interview she gave that tells her profession. I think it's in TV Guide.

That would be?

That would be?

Some may not want to know. Go to their on-line site I think it's there, a guy at work was reading it today. Edited by Sludge

That would be?

That would be...a spoiler.

That would be?

I saw an on-set photo of her at work...I don't have the pic or link, but I can tell you in PM if you really need to know...

That would be?

You will find out next week. USA Today.... or maybe it was an AP article stated that it was something surprising, or not what you would expect. They didn't mention what it was though.

That would be?

I saw an on-set photo of her at work...I don't have the pic or link, but I can tell you in PM if you really need to know...

instead of PM just quote it in white.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when Jin and Ecko were hiding from the Others in the jungle, and all we saw were the feet of the Others as they walked by, wasn't there a person dragging a teddy bear?Right at the beginning of this episode, when we met the two little kids, the boy dropped a teddy bear on the ground...Hmm...

That would be?

Some may not want to know. Go to their on-line site I think it's there, a guy at work was reading it today.

Can't find it on TV guide but it is out there somewhere. I'll ask him tomorrow what site it was and let you know, unless someone else out there knows where it is located.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when Jin and Ecko were hiding from the Others in the jungle, and all we saw were the feet of the Others as they walked by, wasn't there a person dragging a teddy bear?

Right at the beginning of this episode, when we met the two little kids, the boy dropped a teddy bear on the ground...

Hmm...

You are correct, sir.

Look, maybe I am being silly, but this thread almost jumped the shark because half the posts were like this full of spoilers...so I won't do it here. I will PM you if you like...

Correct me if I am wrong, but when Jin and Ecko were hiding from the Others in the jungle, and all we saw were the feet of the Others as they walked by, wasn't there a person dragging a teddy bear?

Right at the beginning of this episode, when we met the two little kids, the boy dropped a teddy bear on the ground...

Hmm...

You are correct, sir.

So IF I am right...then is it possible that kid was the one on their beach, then what stopped Ecko from saying hey it's me...must have been an adult or more there...

Look, maybe I am being silly, but this thread almost jumped the shark because half the posts were like this full of spoilers...so I won't do it here. I will PM you if you like...
well then pm me also if you wouldn't mind. I just read the whole interview on TV Guide and while I didn't find THAT out, I found out some other stuff that was frustrating. TIA.
  • Like 1

So IF I am right...then is it possible that kid was the one on their beach, then what stopped Ecko from saying hey it's me...must have been an adult or more there...

Echo did not want to disturb the force.

Hmm...

You are correct, sir.

ehhhhhh....

Echo didn't know who else was with him/her or how many other may be in the area. Plus the kid could be brainwashed etc.

any theories on why the Dharma logo was different? It contains a swan in the hatch and an arrow in the bunker.

any theories on why the Dharma logo was different? It contains a swan in the hatch and an arrow in the bunker.

Well I guess the ongoing theory is that there must be several different locations (6?) each studying one of the fields mentioned in the film from the hatch.

So I guess the reason it is different could be because that bunker focused on a different field than the hatch (electromagnetism?)

There is also a shark logo too I think...

Each of the 6 "sites" have their own logos. Also, the guy from the training film may have another [7th] logo.

This show is fantastic! Great episode tonight! Can't wait for next week!

A few thoughts...- Nathan was not an Other.- Cindy (the short-haired brunette??) is not an Other. I suspect she'll turn up and had slipped down the hill or something and no one could hear her yelling over the rain. Sounds like she was also a flight attendant, but I didn't see the clothing.- Jin washed up with no wreckage and it's made out to be just before Sawyer and Michael came ashore, so not the huge time difference that had been speculated.- This one is really bothering me. Why are the Tailies so frightened of the Others? They only attack at dark and rely on the element of surprise. Even with surprise on their side, Ana killed one (Goodwin was not a surprise) and Eko killed two. Seems that going toe-to-toe, they could take the Others and get the kids back.- What was Eko carving into his stick?- Eko is a religious man. Wonder how that's going to play out with the good vs. evil theme that seems to be setting up.- I think Eko is my favorite character right now.- Finally--damn, this show is kicking ### this year!

Edited by Brewdude

A few thoughts...

- Nathan was not an Other.

I believe Nathan to be an Other. If he had nothing to hide why hide it in that situation? He was the only one gone to know the names of the people on that list that were taken. The detail only he knew unless Goodwin snuck around at night but that was not shown. The Tailies were infiltrated by two Others. To think just because the front end only had one or maybe they did have two... who could it be right now though?... means little.

- Cindy (the short-haired brunette??) is not an Other. I suspect she'll turn up and had slipped down the hill or something and no one could hear her yelling over the rain. Sounds like she was also a flight attendant, but I didn't see the clothing. She was on the plane but where she went is still up in the air. Did they show her in the previews for next week? I dont know.

- Jin washed up with no wreckage and it's made out to be just before Sawyer and Michael came ashore, so not the huge time difference that had been speculated. Also mentioned that he had a broken pair of handcuffs on his arm. Was this something in season one that Jin was handcuffed at some point? No way was Jin floating face down for a couple days in the ocean and still be alive. Mike and Sawyer were out on the ocean for at least a couple days right? Jin may have been picked up or something. No way he floats around for that long not being in any danger.

- This one is really bothering me. Why are the Tailies so frightened of the Others? They only attack at dark and rely on the element of surprise. Even with surprise on their side, Ana killed one (Goodwin was not a surprise) and Eko killed two. Seems that going toe-to-toe, they could take the Others and get the kids back.The first night they were there they were attacked. You would be freaked out of them too if that had happened. No real numbers about how many Others there are. They might travel in pairs or threes but a couple of them at a time. Who knows. Either way there is something about them.

answers in bold

- What was Eko carving into his stick?

Days on the island? Number of people taken? Number of Others killed?Should be interesting. I can't wait for Sawyer to get 100% because I think he and Eko will have some excellent dialog.

A few thoughts...

- Nathan was not an Other.

I believe Nathan to be an Other.  If he had nothing to hide why hide it in that situation?  He was the only one gone to know the names of the people on that list that were taken.  The detail only he knew unless Goodwin snuck around at night but that was not shown.  The Tailies were infiltrated by two Others.  To think just because the front end only had one or maybe they did have two... who could it be right now though?... means little.

- Cindy (the short-haired brunette??) is not an Other.  I suspect she'll turn up and had slipped down the hill or something and no one could hear her yelling over the rain.  Sounds like she was also a flight attendant, but I didn't see the clothing. She was on the plane but where she went is still up in the air.  Did they show her in the previews for next week?  I dont know.

- Jin washed up with no wreckage and it's made out to be just before Sawyer and Michael came ashore, so not the huge time difference that had been speculated. Also mentioned that he had a broken pair of handcuffs on his arm.  Was this something in season one that Jin was handcuffed at some point?  No way was Jin floating face down for a couple days in the ocean and still be alive.  Mike and Sawyer were out on the ocean for at least a couple days right?  Jin may have been picked up or something.  No way he floats around for that long not being in any danger.

- This one is really bothering me.  Why are the Tailies so frightened of the Others?  They only attack at dark and rely on the element of surprise.  Even with surprise on their side, Ana killed one (Goodwin was not a surprise) and Eko killed two.  Seems that going toe-to-toe, they could take the Others and get the kids back.The first night they were there they were attacked.  You would be freaked out of them too if that had happened.  No real numbers about how many Others there are.  They might travel in pairs or threes but a couple of them at a time.  Who knows.  Either way there is something about them.

answers in bold

Why would Goodwin kill Nathan then? No one was around...there was no benefit to killing his own. Nathan was not an Other.

Have you seen season 1 yet? Hurley did a census and discovered that Ethan was not on the manifest just as Ethan was taking Clair.

Jin was handcuffed in Season 1 by Michael. Jin was angry that Michael appeared to be around his wife too much, then he had a watch on that Jin had ties to. Jin attacked him and since no one could understand him or Sun, they handcuffed him until they knew more. Michael eventually took an axe to the handcuff to cut him free (no key).

The only time the Others are getting their way is when they surprise the Tailies at night. So, you get weapons and prepare, then throw down when they come back. It's already been demonstrated that the Tailies can fight back...four Others are dead. I'm wondering if we weren't shown something that happened. Seems that if you were going after the kids, you'd go all out to get them.

Another note: Goodwin was surprised by the bunker. I wonder how long they've been there...

Just to toss out a half-formed theory kicking around in the back of my head:Playing on the good v. evil theme, you have to notice the spy said his name was "Goodwin" and the 12 tailies werre taken because they were "good" people. Also, the 12 taken were roughly half of the 23 who survived the crash (especially if the children only count as half a person each). It almost sounds like some kind of good v. evil war game started by Dharma that's been taken to extremes. When the new people arrive, they are divided up between the "good" team and the "evil" team. The good team took their new members and left the rest for the evil team. When Ana asks the spy his name, he makes a little joke, telling her "Good win".

Just to toss out a half-formed theory kicking around in the back of my head:

Playing on the good v. evil theme, you have to notice the spy said his name was "Goodwin" and the 12 tailies werre taken because they were "good" people. Also, the 12 taken were roughly half of the 23 who survived the crash (especially if the children only count as half a person each). It almost sounds like some kind of good v. evil war game started by Dharma that's been taken to extremes. When the new people arrive, they are divided up between the "good" team and the "evil" team. The good team took their new members and left the rest for the evil team. When Ana asks the spy his name, he makes a little joke, telling her "Good win".

I can go with that

Nathan was not an other. When Goodwin pulled him out of the pit, Nathan asked the way to the beach. He'd have known this if he were an other.

I think the producers were setting us up to think Nathan was one of The Others.Nathan sounds like Ethan, they both said they were from Canada, both were pretty athletically built. That's not to see he definitely wasn't one of The Others, but given the bait and switch tactics the producers have used in the past, it wouldn't surprise me if he was a red herring.My newest theory is that Mr. Eko is some sort of clergyman. He came out of the ocean wearing black and white (an obvious recurring theme), which priests are often known to wear. When Bernard was asking him about the survivors he said he'd pray for them. And, IIRC, when Ana Lucia asked him why he was helping Sawyer last episode he said "It's in my nature" or something to that effect. Also, he remained silent for 40 days after the crash and him subsequently killing two of The Others. Jesus went into the wilderness for 40 days after being baptised. There has to be a greater significance to him waiting precisely 40 days to begin speaking again.

Edited by Sack-Religious

Nathan was not an other. When Goodwin pulled him out of the pit, Nathan asked the way to the beach. He'd have known this if he were an other.

If Nathan is an Other and Goodwin frees him without any of the tail-enders around, why does he need to kill Nathan and hide the body? If Nathan was an Other, why wouldn't Goodwin have just sent him "home"?

I think the producers were setting us up to think Nathan was one of The Others.

Nathan sounds like Ethan, they both said they were from Canada, both were pretty athletically built. That's not to see he definitely wasn't one of The Others, but given the bait and switch tactics the producers have used in the past, it wouldn't surprise me if he was a red herring.

My newest theory is that Mr. Eko is some sort of clergyman. He came out of the ocean wearing black and white (an obvious recurring theme), which priests are often known to wear. When Bernard was asking him about the survivors he said he'd pray for them. And, IIRC, when Ana Lucia asked him why he was helping Sawyer last episode he said "It's in my nature" or something to that effect.

Also, he remained silent for 40 days after the crash and him subsequently killing to of The Others. Jesus went into the wilderness for 40 days after being baptised. There has to be a greater significance to him waiting precisely 40 days to begin speaking again.

Hmm...

You are correct, sir.

Or, he knows they brainwash the kids or turn them into evil demons.

If The Others, are part of, or conducting the "experiments" perhaps the children are not good research subjects since they are generally still quite innocent and haven't been influenced one way or another by society/life experiences as the adults have been. Why they're tramping about the jungle with a teddy bear in tow, I don't know.I don't believe the "we only take good people" line that Goodwin gave. If you look deep enough, everyone's got some "bad" in them and with the original group (fronties), there seems to be quite a mixture of people. Jack, by and large is a good person, as is Sayid (Republican Guard service notwithstanding), Boone, Claire, Hurley.The other question I have, is why didn't The Others target Jack's group as they did Ana Lucia's group? True there was only one child there, but in terms of "strong" people like Goodwin mentioned being taken, Jack, Sawyer, Boone, Jin and Michael at the very least should all have been targeted.

If The Others, are part of, or conducting the "experiments" perhaps the children are not good research subjects since they are generally still quite innocent and haven't been influenced one way or another by society/life experiences as the adults have been. Why they're tramping about the jungle with a teddy bear in tow, I don't know.

I don't believe the "we only take good people" line that Goodwin gave. If you look deep enough, everyone's got some "bad" in them and with the original group (fronties), there seems to be quite a mixture of people. Jack, by and large is a good person, as is Sayid (Republican Guard service notwithstanding), Boone, Claire, Hurley.

Perhaps part of the experiment was to only take the good people from the tail-enders?

The other question I have, is why didn't The Others target Jack's group as they did Ana Lucia's group? True there was only one child there, but in terms of "strong" people like Goodwin mentioned being taken, Jack, Sawyer, Boone, Jin and Michael at the very least should all have been targeted.

Maybe there are too many front-enders to use the same type of attack tactics? Ethan waited until Claire and Charlie were alone to abduct them...

I think the producers were setting us up to think Nathan was one of The Others.

Nathan sounds like Ethan, they both said they were from Canada, both were pretty athletically built. That's not to see he definitely wasn't one of The Others, but given the bait and switch tactics the producers have used in the past, it wouldn't surprise me if he was a red herring.

My newest theory is that Mr. Eko is some sort of clergyman. He came out of the ocean wearing black and white (an obvious recurring theme), which priests are often known to wear. When Bernard was asking him about the survivors he said he'd pray for them. And, IIRC, when Ana Lucia asked him why he was helping Sawyer last episode he said "It's in my nature" or something to that effect.

Also, he remained silent for 40 days after the crash and him subsequently killing two of The Others. Jesus went into the wilderness for 40 days after being baptised. There has to be a greater significance to him waiting precisely 40 days to begin speaking again.

My thoughts exactly. I think he is some kind of bad ### priest/minister. Kind of like Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider.

Seriously. It's not that hard people. Nathan was a misdirection character, nothing more.