What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (1 Viewer)

so, going way back to claire's flashbacks.  i remember there was some revelation that the psychic sent her on that plane with no one waiting on the other end to adopt her baby.  it was believed at that time that the psychic sent her on that plane knowing it would crash and she would be forced to raise the child herself, thereby eliminating the chance of her putting the child up for adoption. 

i think what the psychic told us was more or less what happens to the kids that end up with the others.  he saw how evil claire's baby would be if raised by anyone other than claire.  it was almost a warning to keep that baby away from the OTHERS.  i wonder if his verbage was ever versed like "this child must never be raised by 'others'".
I think he said "by an other".Ironically if that's what he was afraid of, he may have doomed the kid to exactly that fate by putting Claire on the bogus trip to LA.
At the time it made it sound like 'raised by another', but we now know it to be 'raised by an other'

Have we speculated as to why Bernard was buckled in, in the tail end next to that kid that died up in the tree? I thought he was in the back going to the bathroom. Otherwise, he should have been up with Rose.I might think that he just ran to an empty seat as everything happened, but the plane split pretty quick -- I don't know that he would have had time to run to a seat and buckle in.

Does it bother anyone else that the writers are just making this all up as they go along?

Had this been a one season show, all the answers would have been revealed already. But once they signed up for another season, the writers started stretching the show with extended back-stories, useless divergences and now a whole new cast of "tail-enders", with upcoming back stories.

I bet if you look at any of the original flight episodes, not one of the "tail-enders" are on the plane. oooo, maybe they're all "The Others"

I was one of the biggest fans of the show early on in the first season, but gave up half-way through. I decided to give it a shot again this year and it's the same crap. The writers are just stringing everyone along while they decide what to do with the story (depending on how many years they can extend it)

It should have been a one year show and it would have been awesome.

I'm sure I'll get slammed for this since this is a die-hard thread.
I'm not going to slam this either - as I think he may be partly right. I read that they have all new writers this year and I think those writers are attempting to make the story tighter. They seem to have avoided the "supernatural" aspects that the first season threw in.My guess is the first season was doing what Carter did with X-files - they threw a bunch of things out there and never expected to have to tie things together neatly. Then the show went off the charts. Now the new writers are in the difficult spot of writing a show with a bunch of loose ends.

This season has been a lot more logical than season 1 - and I think they will avoid some plot threads from season 1 altogether (Claire's baby for one).

Remember Carter - like the Lost guys - said his show would wind up neatly and it never came close.

Have we speculated as to why Bernard was buckled in, in the tail end next to that kid that died up in the tree? I thought he was in the back going to the bathroom. Otherwise, he should have been up with Rose.

I might think that he just ran to an empty seat as everything happened, but the plane split pretty quick -- I don't know that he would have had time to run to a seat and buckle in.
That theory makes sense to me....He also could have been waiting to get into one of the few cr@ppers, and when they hit turbulence, he simply sat down and buckled up.

Have we speculated as to why Bernard was buckled in, in the tail end next to that kid that died up in the tree?  I thought he was in the back going to the bathroom.  Otherwise, he should have been up with Rose.

I might think that he just ran to an empty seat as everything happened, but the plane split pretty quick -- I don't know that he would have had time to run to a seat and buckle in.
That theory makes sense to me....He also could have been waiting to get into one of the few cr@ppers, and when they hit turbulence, he simply sat down and buckled up.
:goodposting: While the plane split pretty quick, there was definitely time from when the first turbulence hit when he could have sat down. I remember that with Charlie up front in the bathroom.

Also, Rose was sitting up front with Jack and either on the plane or when we first met her, she mentioned that her husband was sitting in the back. This is failry common, especially if the flight is booked solid like it appeared to be.

My first post after catching up with things. I remember the local TV critic at midseason last year saying that Lost producers knew exactly where it was going. So I don't believe they are "lost" at this point in trying to tie up all the loose ends. One of my personal theories that will be tested very soon is that Kate and Ana Lucia will know each other which could be very combustible.The kids all have some sort of special powers and are being (Walt, the tailee kids) or have been brained washed (the French gal's kid) to exploit their powers. I think we are at least a full season away from dealing with them. BTW, everytime Walt appears with water dripping on him it give me the chills. :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
As has already been stated, the producers have an idea of where the story is going and a "plan." I even think I remember them giving some sort of a time frame early on (4-5 seasons). I also pointed out before that Abrams took 4 years to really cover the central issue of Alias (Rombaldi).I don't know why some people want all of the answers now and I wish they would drag things out a little more than they are.

I think if things were to drag out even slower (with regards to answering some of the basic questions the show raises) then I would probably stop watching... and I think quite a few others would too. I don't want all the answers... just want to be thrown a bone once in a while.It really is a very fascinating and well done show, imho. I think they are simply creating way more questions then they ever begin to answer.

As has already been stated, the producers have an idea of where the story is going and a "plan." I even think I remember them giving some sort of a time frame early on (4-5 seasons). I also pointed out before that Abrams took 4 years to really cover the central issue of Alias (Rombaldi).

I don't know why some people want all of the answers now and I wish they would drag things out a little more than they are.
When I saw the last episode I began to wish the writers had taken more of a chance...Imagine if the writers had ended season one with the ending scene from the last show (Shannon getting shot, then panning over to Ana Lucia) and the Hatch getting blown at the same time. Pan out would have been said holding Shannon and Locke looking down the hatch. Of course they would have had to do season one minus ALL of the tail section point of view. Then they could have done season two (yes the entire season) from the tail section perspective, with a little fuselage group stories mixed in, even dropping in close encounters. Season two could have ended with a two parter using the same ending scene. Would have been a first in TV and probably wildly successful.

I disagree with everyone being unimpressed with the Others. Yes, Echo killed two of them and Ana Lucia took out two (one at a time), but think about the fact that they were tough and smart enough to drag off nine people at once. They're certainly ahead in the game. Also, Echo hears them coming and doesn't know how many are coming or how many may be in the area.Another thing is that Echo is obviously a religious man and maybe he doesn't want to be put in the position of having to kill again.Just a few thoughts. Keep up the good analysis.

bump from pg 5.
Just reminding everyone that tonight is a new episode even though it is the night before Thanksgiving. Should be a good one with Sayid and Anna going at it. I feel bad for both because no one will like Anna and Sayid lost Shannon.

bump from pg 5.
Just reminding everyone that tonight is a new episode even though it is the night before Thanksgiving. Should be a good one with Sayid and Anna going at it. I feel bad for both because no one will like Anna and Sayid lost Shannon.
Yep, sure is...Episode 08: Collision

Tempers flare when Ana Lucia and her group stumble upon Sayid and the other castaways.

We are putting off driving to the folks house until 10 pm so we can catch tonight's episode on my TV. :bag:

edit - our TV :bag:

I think Desmond is found dead somewhere else on the island at some point but that's just my guess.
I don't think so just because there has to be further development between Desmond and Jack.

I broke down and bought Seasons 1 and 2 of Alias. If I had the self-control, this is the way I'd watch every show on television.

I broke down and bought Seasons 1 and 2 of Alias. If I had the self-control, this is the way I'd watch every show on television.
I used to like Alias a lot. The first season was really good and I think the second one was as well. I think the last season was eh and I haven't watched squat this season because every character I liked is off the show. My wife watched a few episodes of this season and she says it has gotten better, but I don't care about it anymore even though it started off so well.

What happens when Jack see's Ana Lucia? I mean, they had a little bit of a connection when they met in the bar. Is Kate going to be pissed that ana Lucia is all over his nuts?

What happens when Jack see's Ana Lucia? I mean, they had a little bit of a connection when they met in the bar. Is Kate going to be pissed that ana Lucia is all over his nuts?
From the previews it looks like she will be too busy with Sawyer to deal with it.Later thoough this may play out.

Does anyone remember seeing anything on the forearm of one of the Others that Echo kills the first night? I thought I saw something small that looked like a tatoo. My Tivo recording is a little fuzzy but theres definately something there.

Anyone have hi-def?
bump

Not that matters (I don't think), but if there is any sense in a time line, the song playing in the bar where AL saw the guy who shot her, was Staind - Outside, from Break the Cycle, which was released in 2001.

Solid show!I knew the cop was preggies the way she stared at the baby, and they way she wanted to protect the children. ....and I also knew she would go Charlie Bronson on the guy who filled her with slugs.Nice....and I agree with Sayed and Anna when they both said they were 'dead already'. I think Jack feels the same way. These people are soul-less.

One of the themes of the show I like is the idea of trying to form a human connection. I agree that many of these characters are "soul-less" which is why they so badly want to connect with someone. It makes a scene like Jack seeing how Kate feels for Sawyer that much more painful for him. He's empty inside and was looking to her to fill some of that void and now he feels empty again.

Does anyone know the name of Walt's dog by any chance? For the life of me I can't remember it. My sister-in-law swears it's Maggie but my wife and i think it's a male name. TIA!

One of the themes of the show I like is the idea of trying to form a human connection. I agree that many of these characters are "soul-less" which is why they so badly want to connect with someone. It makes a scene like Jack seeing how Kate feels for Sawyer that much more painful for him. He's empty inside and was looking to her to fill some of that void and now he feels empty again.
Not sure if it is soul-less as much as finding peace or getting closure, but I understand your point. That is why Locke is happy now that he can walk and that he feels like he has a purpose or why Shannon was happy when Sayid said he believer in her and lover her.We still don't know what happened to Jack and his wife, so Kate and Sawyer could be a thorn in his side, but based on the preview for next week, it sure didn't seem like Kate and Sawyer were making out. I do think that Jack will be the one that helps Anna Lucia become a good person.

Good episode - keeping a good pace

sets up the Kate/Sawyer

Jack/AL relationships

Looks like a Kate episode next -
It sure didn't look like Kate was going to end up with Sawyer based on the preview for next week. She said something about seeing a ghost after it looked like he grabbed her, almost like her past catching up with her when she was starting to feel like her past was behind her.

I dont like this because Kate already had an episode to her. I was kind of hoping for a Rose/Bernard show since they just got back together. A thought on the "emptiness stomach" theory. Jack and Anna were staring at each other at the end like they knew something but didnt want to say it but they were on the same level. In Anna's case she finally did her reflecting about her life to Sayid. She had that empty feeling of loss as she stated to Sayid during her diatribe. Then Jack feels empty because of Kate's actions towards Sawyer. It felt like they knew they were the only ones on the island and now each would be drawn to each other because of it... for better or worse.

When is Echo's show?

Not sure if it is soul-less as much as finding peace or getting closure, but I understand your point. That is why Locke is happy now that he can walk and that he feels like he has a purpose or why Shannon was happy when Sayid said he believer in her and lover her.We still don't know what happened to Jack and his wife, so Kate and Sawyer could be a thorn in his side, but based on the preview for next week, it sure didn't seem like Kate and Sawyer were making out. I do think that Jack will be the one that helps Anna Lucia become a good person.
I think that's very possible. And given the rejection Jack probably feels with regard to Kate he will likely gravitate toward Anna now.

I dont like this because Kate already had an episode to her. I was kind of hoping for a Rose/Bernard show since they just got back together. A thought on the "emptiness stomach" theory. Jack and Anna were staring at each other at the end like they knew something but didnt want to say it but they were on the same level. In Anna's case she finally did her reflecting about her life to Sayid. She had that empty feeling of loss as she stated to Sayid during her diatribe. Then Jack feels empty because of Kate's actions towards Sawyer. It felt like they knew they were the only ones on the island and now each would be drawn to each other because of it... for better or worse.

When is Echo's show?
I liked when Locke & Eko met, I'm also curious as to when they will do an Eko show. Should be a real good one.BTW- Is it Eko, Echo, or Eco??? :lmao:

When is Echo's show?
I liked when Locke & Eko met, I'm also curious as to when they will do an Eko show. Should be a real good one.BTW- Is it Eko, Echo, or Eco??? :lmao:
He's Eko on the ABC website.

Does anyone know the name of Walt's dog by any chance? For the life of me I can't remember it. My sister-in-law swears it's Maggie but my wife and i think it's a male name.

TIA!
Vincent

For the Lost-aholics.When watching the scene with Michael running last night and they cut to just his legs and as I was watching it I saw something.So I hit the rewind and the pause a few times.When they show his legs there's a brief second or two where they are just showing blurred out grass. But in the grass is a more defined object moving left to right - almost like a dart.It looks too intentional to be nothing - but I think it's nothing.Anyway, probably no biggie but I had to check it out as I noticed it on the "live" scene and it jumped out at me.

I have a serious thing about Canadian chicks. I need to move there or something because my list of chicks that I would knock down the door to get a hold at would be, in no particular order:Anna PaquinEvangeline LillyElisha CuthbertAvril LavigneAlanis MorriesetteAnd I am most likely missing a couple notables that at this late an hour are not on my mind. Evangeline Lilly was born in 1979 and I am just about 6 months older then her. Kudos for that as she looks younger.

I think Locke and Eko will be good pals...two deep thinkers.
I agree, they are kindred spirits - very spiritual dudes.I wonder if Anna was in Australia to make sure Kate got brought back (extradited) to the states in one piece.

Did Kate commit her 'US' crimes in California?

I can't remember when Anna and Jack met, was it AFTER she lost the baby? Or is it possible Jack fathered her baby?

I can't remember when Anna and Jack met, was it AFTER she lost the baby? Or is it possible Jack fathered her baby?
They met at the airport bar right before they boarded the plane. So he wasn't the baby's father. My guess is that it is that Danny guy that was referenced a few times.Any chance that Anna went to St. Sebastian Hospital after she was shot? Just a thought. To me, it seems like there have been/will be a lot of hospital scenes. I wonder if they all take place at St. Sebastian and, if so, whether it is just a coincidence or some deeper meaning? For example:

Jack's Wife at St. Sebastian

Shannon's Dad at St. Sebastian

Kate when she sees her mom--don't know the hospital

Anna Lucia after she gets shot--does she go to St. Sebastian?

Locke--after he gets his legs paralyzed--does he go to St. Sebastian?

Michael after he got hit by the car--don't know the hospital?

Don't know whether that means anything but it seems like a lot of people end up going to the hospital for various reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread