What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (4 Viewers)

Wonder if Ana was/is married or got pregnant out of wedlock.
The show didn't definitively say whether she was married or not. Only that a "Danny" had left her. Whether or not that had to do with something as simple as her being shot and him not being able to deal with it. Or if the fact she lost the child (and perhaps the ability to have children) made him leave her.It's pretty obvious now where her trust issues come from, and you can't really blame her.

I can't remember when Anna and Jack met, was it AFTER she lost the baby? Or is it possible Jack fathered her baby?
They met at the airport bar right before they boarded the plane. So he wasn't the baby's father. My guess is that it is that Danny guy that was referenced a few times.Any chance that Anna went to St. Sebastian Hospital after she was shot? Just a thought. To me, it seems like there have been/will be a lot of hospital scenes. I wonder if they all take place at St. Sebastian and, if so, whether it is just a coincidence or some deeper meaning? For example:

Jack's Wife at St. Sebastian

Shannon's Dad at St. Sebastian

Kate when she sees her mom--don't know the hospital

Anna Lucia after she gets shot--does she go to St. Sebastian?

Locke--after he gets his legs paralyzed--does he go to St. Sebastian?

Michael after he got hit by the car--don't know the hospital?

Don't know whether that means anything but it seems like a lot of people end up going to the hospital for various reasons.
I like the St. Sebastion connection, but for some reason I think that Michael is from NYC and was hit by the car in NYC. I'm relatively certain he wasn't in LA when he was hit. Everyone else seems to be Cali based though.

I can't remember when Anna and Jack met, was it AFTER she lost the baby? Or is it possible Jack fathered her baby?
They met at the airport bar right before they boarded the plane. So he wasn't the baby's father. My guess is that it is that Danny guy that was referenced a few times.Any chance that Anna went to St. Sebastian Hospital after she was shot? Just a thought. To me, it seems like there have been/will be a lot of hospital scenes. I wonder if they all take place at St. Sebastian and, if so, whether it is just a coincidence or some deeper meaning? For example:

Don't know whether that means anything but it seems like a lot of people end up going to the hospital for various reasons.
I like the St. Sebastion connection, but for some reason I think that Michael is from NYC and was hit by the car in NYC. I'm relatively certain he wasn't in LA when he was hit. Everyone else seems to be Cali based though.
Im pretty sure Kate was in Iowa when she went to visit her mom at the hospital.

I missed the show last night... watched the Sacto Kings play in Arco Arena (and they won... about time). Will last night's ep be re-aired this week (encore)??

I missed the show last night... watched the Sacto Kings play in Arco Arena (and they won... about time). Will last night's ep be re-aired this week (encore)??
I don't think they re-air episodes anymore. You best bet would be to probably try to download it from one of the Torrent sites or see if any of your fellow FBG's have it taped and can send you it. I know a couple people went that route last year.

Why didn't you just tape/TIVO it last night?

Wonder if Ana was/is married or got pregnant out of wedlock.
She's been wearing a ring. I pointed it out 3 episodes ago when she shot Shannon. It sounds like her fiancee/husband cheater on her, but she hasn't let go.

Michael got hit by a car in NYC. I got the impression Jack's hospital was in California (not sure why I think that though).EDIT: Looks like this has been covered.

I'm sure if someone has the DVD's you could see a license plate in the parking lot in the Locke episode where his Mom finds him (or maybe even on his red VW bug in his 2nd episode).

Last edited by a moderator:
Anna PaquinEvangeline LillyElisha CuthbertAvril LavigneAlanis Morrisette-------------------------Shania TwainChantal KreviazukNatasha HenstridgeNeve CampbellPamela AndersonJennifer TillyJill HennessyCarrie-Anne MossRachel Perry
:fixed: :yes:

I think Locke and Eko will be good pals...two deep thinkers.
Well it's been hypothesized here that Eko was a priest so they might not get along so well. If Eko follows faith and Locke follows fate they might butt heads.This whole episode was about uniting/reuniting matching pairs:

Ana/Sayid - Cops with a troubled past, lost loved ones, dead inside

Locke/Eko - Men of strong beliefs (presumed)

Jack/Ana - Leaders of their camps, hotheads when they gun in their hands

Sawyer/Kate - Outlaws reunited

Rose/Bernard - Married couple (odd that Rose always knew Bernard was alive, but Bernard didn't seem to have the same faith/premonition)

Sun/Jin - Married couple

Michael/Vincent - OK this is a stretch. :P Poor dog doesn't have an owner again.

Anna Paquin

Evangeline Lilly

Elisha Cuthbert

Avril Lavigne

Alanis Morrisette

-------------------------

Shania Twain

Chantal Kreviazuk

Natasha Henstridge

Neve Campbell

Pamela Anderson

Jennifer Tilly

Jill Hennessy

Carrie-Anne Moss

Rachel Perry
:fixed: :yes:
Anne Murray:fixed:

When is Echo's show?
I liked when Locke & Eko met, I'm also curious as to when they will do an Eko show. Should be a real good one.BTW- Is it Eko, Echo, or Eco??? :lmao:
According to TV Guide, there will be an upcoming Eko flashback ep, entitled "The 23rd Psalm", and will flesh out why Eko did the 40 days of silence thing.

When is Echo's show?
I liked when Locke & Eko met, I'm also curious as to when they will do an Eko show. Should be a real good one.BTW- Is it Eko, Echo, or Eco??? :lmao:
According to TV Guide, there will be an upcoming Eko flashback ep, entitled "The 23rd Psalm", and will flesh out why Eko did the 40 days of silence thing.
I'll play larry_boy on this one...
The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:

He leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul:

He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;

Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;

Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.

Not that matters (I don't think), but if there is any sense in a time line, the song playing in the bar where AL saw the guy who shot her, was Staind - Outside, from Break the Cycle, which was released in 2001.
That song is older than it's album release, but I doubt it matters.

I think Locke and Eko will be good pals...two deep thinkers.
I agree, they are kindred spirits - very spiritual dudes.I wonder if Anna was in Australia to make sure Kate got brought back (extradited) to the states in one piece.

Did Kate commit her 'US' crimes in California?
Somehow I don't think LA beat cops are on the top of the list for extradition duty. On the other hand, her mother is a captain. :D

I've tried to keep up with this thread but I can't promised that I've read everything, so I apologize if this has been presented already --- but I bet we're going to find that Eko did something very, VERY bad back in the real world. Seems like he is paying one whale of a penance for something. He's obsessed with doing the right thing but to me it seems like it is more based in guilt and shame than it is because of purely altruistic reasons. Also, I'm also definately on board for some future craziness between Locke and Eko. They will hit it off to begin with but I still don't think we've been fully exposed to Locke's character...I think he's got some crazy/weird/violence streak in him that we haven't yet seen.

There hasnt been much talk about the trunk found in the second Dharma bunker.Im pretty sure its from the Nigerian drug plane. First there is the bible. The body of one of the smugglers Locke and Boone found was dressed as a priest. Second is the radio. I dont remember Boone or Bernard changing the frequencies of either of the radios they used when they eventually talked to each other.If the trunk is from the drug smugglers, I have no idea what it would mean other then the survivors of that crash found the bunker.

There hasnt been much talk about the trunk found in the second Dharma bunker.

Im pretty sure its from the Nigerian drug plane. First there is the bible. The body of one of the smugglers Locke and Boone found was dressed as a priest. Second is the radio. I dont remember Boone or Bernard changing the frequencies of either of the radios they used when they eventually talked to each other.

If the trunk is from the drug smugglers, I have no idea what it would mean other then the survivors of that crash found the bunker.
Does that mean that the glass eye (which is getting even less talk and is an even more odd find, IMO), also found in the trunk, belonged to one of the drug smugglers? Whoever it belongs (or belonged to) - why would they put it in a trunk?

Im pretty sure its from the Nigerian drug plane. First there is the bible. The body of one of the smugglers Locke and Boone found was dressed as a priest. Second is the radio. I dont remember Boone or Bernard changing the frequencies of either of the radios they used when they eventually talked to each other.

If the trunk is from the drug smugglers, I have no idea what it would mean other then the survivors of that crash found the bunker.
Does that mean that the glass eye (which is getting even less talk and is an even more odd find, IMO), also found in the trunk, belonged to one of the drug smugglers? Whoever it belongs (or belonged to) - why would they put it in a trunk?
Maybe they wanted to keep an eye on what was in the trunk.

Is there a good site for screen captures? I would like to check a few things but Im not sure where to find images.
The German site, reference quite frequently in this thread (although not for the past few episodes) generally had screenshots up pretty quickly. A lot of the other Lost boards also post screenshots, but ofentimes there are spoliers there.

Is it just me, or did others notice how much more buff and ripped Kate is looking recently? It's almost like she is following the progression of Jennifer Garner from Alias. Both women started off toned and hot, then Garner started resembling an East German athlete on steroids. I hope Kate tones it down.

http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&cat=40

Careful though.. there are usually promo pics of upcoming episodes.
Thanks.
Damn, I wish I had Canadian TV. There previews seem a lot more provocative than ours. I will white out the rest.
They show Jack and Kate kissing after it looks like Jack grabs her to stop her from leaving. Also, in the US one I saw, they showed Kate getting, what appeared to me, grabbed pretty violently by Sawyer and then she mentions ghosts coming back for her to Jack. That reminded me of Sawyer and the Boar where the whispers said that it'll come around phrase that I think we heard when Sawyer killed the wrong guy (not sure on the exact timing of that phrase).

Also, they showed Eko and Michael watching the Dharma film so hopefully Eko will tell them about the other bunker. I remember someone mentioning before that two people figure out more about the training video, so that may come up.

It wont answer any questions, but here is a picture of the eye.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this ever, but I was watching Season 4, Episode 2 of Alias last night and noticed "You all everybody" playing in the background of a conversation between Syndey and her father.

Did anyone notice the crosswords puzzle?

Clues

Puzzle

I'm betting there's something there.
:thumbup: Good catch. This is getting ink on some message boards, according to my Google search.

The Gilgamesh saga would fit very well within the Lost mythos.

Edit: I'd be interested in reading FBG speculation as to how the Gilgamesh story might be woven into the Lost episodes. I don't know the story at all, though a friend of mine has been interested in it for years and keeps droning on about how it explains his :tinfoilhat: theories on both religion and alien encounters.

Clues

Puzzle

:thumbup: Good catch. This is getting ink on some message boards, according to my Google search.

Edit: I'd be interested in reading FBG speculation as to how the Gilgamesh story might be woven into the Lost episodes. I don't know the story at all, though a friend of mine has been interested in it for years and keeps droning on about how it explains his :tinfoilhat: theories on both religion and alien encounters.
What is the Gilgamesh story?

I did, but thanks for the screencaps!36. Macbeth ? place = IONA

37. Belgian port = GHENT

38. Robbed = RANSACKED

40. WWII movie feature: hyph. wd. (Not shown)

42. Enkidu's friend = GILGAME_H

43. Less brazen (Not shown)

From google...

The Epic of Gilgamesh, the longest and greatest literary composition of Mesopotamia and the first great work of literature in world history, narrates a quest for fame and immortality lived by a dimly historical figure, Gilgamesh, the king of the city of Uruk. We say dimly historical figure because although Gigalmesh´s name appears in the Sumerian Kings List, indicating thus that there was an actual king bearing his name, in the epic he also interacts with gods, goddesses and mythical beings. For the purposes of this article, we will focus our attention on the friendship of Gilgamesh, the king, who can be very well described as the cvilized and arrogant city dweller, and Enkidu, the wild, natural man who is at ease in the open fields and deepest forests. As we will see, it is the bond between the two men and the early death of Enkidu that impels Gigalmesh to pursue a quest for immortality, to transform himself into a wholer being.
Full article here.I think it's important to realize that the 'GiLGAMESH' answer is in a different handwriting than the rest of the puzzle. Locke is finishing one of Desmond's old crosswords, so it's not without reason to think this has to do with him (and Eko?).

Why no mention in this last episode of the woman that vanished two episodes ago? I find this odd. Seems like everyone is always keeping tabs of where people are. Or did I miss the mention?

Clues

Puzzle

What is the Gilgamesh story?
The Epic of GilgameshPossible Spoiler: Enkidu exists in the story of Gilgamesh so that he might die. Eko = Enkidu?

:ph34r:

Another Gilgamesh link

From a literary point of view, the Epic of Gilgamesh is as secular as the Odyssey, and as contemporary as any heroic tale of an exciting life. Gilgamesh is in mature manhood when the Epic begins, but being semi-divine (2/3rd human and 1/3rd god) and vastly superior to other men, he can find no worthy match in love or war. Accordingly, as the fifth king of Uruk following the Great Flood, he lords it over his people to the point where they pray for relief. They receive it in the form of a “natural man”, Enkidu, who has been reared by the animals and is enormously strong and swift as a gazelle.

Enkidu is sought out and seduced by a female (either priestess or harlot, depending upon the predilections of the translator), and with his subsequent loss of innocence, he takes the first step toward becoming civilized (i.e. the animals reject him). This quickly brings him into direct conflict with Gilgamesh. After a knock-down-drag-out fight, the two become the greatest of friends (it’s a guy thing), and ultimately set out on great quests. The most notable is going into the forest where Humbaba dwells. “Because of the evil that is in the land, we will go to the forest and destroy the evil.” Unfortunately, the evil Humbaba is the protégé of Enlil (of Enki and Enlil fame), and the forest episode is a cruel trap set by Enlil in order to destroy Gilgamesh and Enkidu.

Gilgamesh survives, but Enkidu doesn’t. Because it was Enkidu’s hubris in refusing the prayer of Humbaba for mercy, Enlil brings the case before the Anunnaki, the council of the gods, and retribution is accordingly doled out. In an independent poem, Enkidu and the Underworld, Enkidu goes down alive into the underworld to bring back a mysterious drum and drumstick that Gilgamesh has let fall into it. In spite of warnings, Enkidu breaks all the taboos and finds himself ultimately held by the underworld.

The loss of Enkidu is devastating to Gilgamesh. The lost of the great friendship and the knowledge that death is inevitable sets Gilgamesh out on a bold undertaking to find ever- lasting life. His first clue is the legend of the day which insisted that King Zi-u-sudra (aka Noah) had not only survived the Flood, but had entered the company of the gods and been taken faraway “to live at the mouth of the rivers”. Gilgamesh’s trek, akin to Odysseus’s journey, constitutes the last half of the Epic, where he encounters a variety of obstacles -- including one god’s advise that his quest is certain to fail.

Gilgamesh also encounters a woman named Siduri, an enigmatic figure living in a place “where east and west were confused”, and who dispenses the philosophy of eat, drink and be merry, “for this too is the lot of man”. Siduri, nevertheless provides Gilgamesh with the instructions on how to cross the waters of death, using the boatman Urshanabi to ferry him across in much the same manner as that of the sun’s journey into the west each day.

An important and notable event occurs during the meeting between Gilgamesh and the ferryman, involving the “Things of Stone”, which Gilgamesh rashly smashes, making it then necessary for the ferryman to use “punting poles” -- the latter which are somehow connected with “wings” or “winged beings or figures”.
Plenty to speculate about... :popcorn:

Clues

Puzzle

Is it just me, or are many of the answers nonsense?42A: GHARE

47A: SIEND

53A: ACOLINS

63A: LAA

78A: ASIDS

104A: EPGAR

26D: ETE

69D: SRIR

91D: AANG

92D: CISA
Looking for some of the numbers:42A: GHARE

42D: GILGAMESH

These may be a bit of a stretch:

4 8 => 48D: COVERT

8 + 23 => 31A: ITS

15 + 16 => 31A: ITS

15 + 23 => 38D: RANSACKED

4 + 15 + 23 => 42A: GHARE

4 + 15 + 23 => 42D: GILGAMESH

I was discussing the Gilgamesh angle with a co-worker this morning. She also had no idea what the Gilgamesh story was, so our speculation is based on an ignorance of the tale.

But ignorance has never stopped me from venturing an opinion before, so...

Speculation (if I'm wrong) / Spoiler (if I'm right):

Locke = Gilgamesh

Ecko = Enkidu

Locke and Ecko will fight. It will be an epic struggle of Yin and Yang. When it's over they will be the closest of friends, united in their effort to discover and conquer the island's secret, its heart of darkness. Together they will confront the power of the island. Ecko will die in the struggle, while Locke wil live. Locke will achieve greater power or awareness as a result, possibly achieving god status.

This could take more than a season's worth of episodes to play out. At least it should.

Canadian Promo for tomorrow nights episode

Um, wow.  Their promos are MUCH more revealing than ours.
Yes they are.The thing that hurts the most Hulk, is that it is now obvious that you don't even read my posts, like the one on the previous page. LINK :cry:
Sorry dude. I do read your posts, just must've missed that one. There are a lot of posts in this thread, I guess that one slipped through the cracks.
Just kidding with ya. I saw those photos from the episode preview, which were all Canadian, right after last week's episode. I couldn't believe what they showed and how tame our US preview was. Lost must not be quite as popular and so they are throwing out more bones to the audience to keep them watching. Either that or Canadians, like Germans are even more fanatical about spoilers that they give them more in the preview. I noticed that the preview link you put out was over 30 seconds and I am almost 100% sure that our US previews at the end of the episodes aren't even close to that in length, maybe 10-15 seconds or so.

I was discussing the Gilgamesh angle with a co-worker this morning. She also had no idea what the Gilgamesh story was, so our speculation is based on an ignorance of the tale.

But ignorance has never stopped me from venturing an opinion before, so...

Speculation (if I'm wrong) / Spoiler (if I'm right):

Locke = Gilgamesh

Ecko = Enkidu

Locke and Ecko will fight. It will be an epic struggle of Yin and Yang. When it's over they will be the closest of friends, united in their effort to discover and conquer the island's secret, its heart of darkness. Together they will confront the power of the island. Ecko will die in the struggle, while Locke wil live. Locke will achieve greater power or awareness as a result, possibly achieving god status.

This could take more than a season's worth of episodes to play out. At least it should.

Maybe it comes back to the white and black angle from early in season one...

Spoilers from one of the writers:

Writer/Supervising producer Javier Grillo-Marxuach reveals (note that this is a summary of the spoilerish things he revealed): The people in the tail section have experienced the full wrath of "the Others" and the "monster"... but they don't know about any of the other mysteries of the island. They don't know about the hatch, the polar bears, the Dharma Initiative... so it's going be a real culture shock for them. Some of these characters are not going to get along. You've got Kate and Ana Lucia - who will both have some kind of a relationship with Jack. We also have a Nigerian man, and as you know from last season, a Nigerian drug plane was found on the island. You have to wonder if there's a connection... Not to mention Charlie who is a drug addict and has a Virgin Mary statue full of heroin. He hasn't broken it yet, but eventually we'll have to deal with the repercussions of that. As with the hatch, there will be more revelations about the Dharma Initiative, but it's all going to come at times when it's going to affect the characters most. You have not seen the last of Dharma, but it's going to be a little while before you find out a little bit more. The Dharma Initiative was a communal research facility on the island. A lot of scientists and free-thinkers got together to do a lot of different kinds of research: psychiatry, zoology - and remember that with the zoology of the film you saw some polar bears. It's possible there were some animal aggression studies going on there, as well as human psychology experiments and a whole variety of other things. The Dharma Initiative was founded by two peacenik Grad students who were trying to get to the bottom of a lot of mysteries about human behavior. There are six bunkers on the island, and they were devoted to a lot of different kinds of research. That's going to open up a lot of different avenues for us to tease you with what the kind of research was, and how it's evolved now that the Dharma Initiative seems to have fallen into disrepair. A lot has happened on the island and the Dharma Initiative is just the tip of the iceberg... The "funny" script pages posted online at OceanicFlight815.com sometimes get things wrong but sometimes they get them right... Will you be seeing "Zombie Walt" of "Clone Jack"? Probably not, but I think in everything that we do, there are hints of things that are happening. Source: The Official Lost Magazine, Issue 2, Jan/Feb 2006

Spoilers from one of the writers:

Writer/Supervising producer Javier Grillo-Marxuach reveals (note that this is a summary of the spoilerish things he revealed): The people in the tail section have experienced the full wrath of "the Others" and the "monster"... but they don't know about any of the other mysteries of the island. They don't know about the hatch, the polar bears, the Dharma Initiative... so it's going be a real culture shock for them. Some of these characters are not going to get along. You've got Kate and Ana Lucia - who will both have some kind of a relationship with Jack. We also have a Nigerian man, and as you know from last season, a Nigerian drug plane was found on the island. You have to wonder if there's a connection... Not to mention Charlie who is a drug addict and has a Virgin Mary statue full of heroin. He hasn't broken it yet, but eventually we'll have to deal with the repercussions of that. As with the hatch, there will be more revelations about the Dharma Initiative, but it's all going to come at times when it's going to affect the characters most. You have not seen the last of Dharma, but it's going to be a little while before you find out a little bit more. The Dharma Initiative was a communal research facility on the island. A lot of scientists and free-thinkers got together to do a lot of different kinds of research: psychiatry, zoology - and remember that with the zoology of the film you saw some polar bears. It's possible there were some animal aggression studies going on there, as well as human psychology experiments and a whole variety of other things. The Dharma Initiative was founded by two peacenik Grad students who were trying to get to the bottom of a lot of mysteries about human behavior. There are six bunkers on the island, and they were devoted to a lot of different kinds of research. That's going to open up a lot of different avenues for us to tease you with what the kind of research was, and how it's evolved now that the Dharma Initiative seems to have fallen into disrepair. A lot has happened on the island and the Dharma Initiative is just the tip of the iceberg... The "funny" script pages posted online at OceanicFlight815.com sometimes get things wrong but sometimes they get them right... Will you be seeing "Zombie Walt" of "Clone Jack"? Probably not, but I think in everything that we do, there are hints of things that are happening. Source: The Official Lost Magazine, Issue 2, Jan/Feb 2006
Not a bad set of "spoilers". Kind of reads like a preview of the upcoming episodes so even for those faint at heart of spoilers, you probably will read it like I read it and think, yeah I kind of figured we would find out about that. Since it came from a writer, I figured it wouldn't be a real bad spoiler like when everyone knew Shannon would be the one killed.Based on the previous posts with the episode titles it looks like we have a few weeks of tribal merge before we get back to the mysteries.

Bump for tonight's new episode...

Episode 09: What Kate Did

Kate's original crime that started her life on the run is revealed. Meanwhile, the survivors lay one of their own to rest, Kate sleeplessly watches over a feverish Sawyer, and Mr. Eko has a surprise for Locke regarding the hatch.

Users who are viewing this thread