What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (4 Viewers)

Maybe I am being biased but learning all the backstory while continuing the show is so refreshing of all the shows on tv nowadays that any Lost episode beats the last one. Sure I have my favorites but tonights show was just as good if not better then any of them to date.

I vow never to read a spoiler like the one Hulk posted giving great detail into an episode ever again. Smaller spoilers are ok, but this one took all the "fun" out of the show, moreso than the smaller spoilers had in the past.

Maybe I am being biased but learning all the backstory while continuing the show is so refreshing of all the shows on tv nowadays that any Lost episode beats the last one. Sure I have my favorites but tonights show was just as good if not better then any of them to date.
I actually liked the backstory more than the "present day" storyline. But overall the episode just kind of plodded along for me. I did like the scene at the end between Jack and Ana and the Hurley-Jack scene was fun but overall it was on the dull side. Until the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its a trap by the others. Another "incident" whatever that may be is going to be triggered by this. They were just waiting for the right right subject...michael was it and walt is the bait.

I think its a trap by the others. Another "incident" whatever that may be is going to be triggered by this. They were just waiting for the right right subject...michael was it and walt is the bait.
That's the first thought I had. Coming right on the heels of the film specifically saying the computer shouldn't be used for any other purpose and then to have Walt suddenly pop up for Michael seemed awful convenient.

That's the first thought I had. Coming right on the heels of the film specifically saying the computer shouldn't be used for any other purpose and then to have Walt suddenly pop up for Michael seemed awful convenient.
Exactly. And i agree with the backstory comments...theyre so critical to the shows story...if it werent for all the michael walt eps we could never truly understand michaels motivation, especially now at what appears is going to be a big turning point in the story.

The Others based in another Dharma bunker and the bunkers can communicate?
Maybe the Others never knew where the original survivors were. Ethan did all the killing before... maybe he was using a different bunker all together and also never knew of the Others.Wait a minute. Ethan was a part of the Boat crew possibly and the Others as the Tailies know them is another group. So there were four groups now condensed to three with the Boat people knowing where the Survivors were but could never get to them because they had so many people. The Others knew where the Tailies were because they landed in their territory. Ethan may be Kelvin and Danielle is on another part of the island... where another one of the six bunkers are.

this has really been a poor episode.

here's hoping the last 10 minutes makes up for it (like it usually does).
Ugh. The promo should have gone: "Everything you think you know about Kate . . . is completely accurate!"Was any of her backstory remotely surprising?

Ugh. The promo should have gone: "Everything you think you know about Kate . . . is completely accurate!"Was any of her backstory remotely surprising?
Not really but it further emphasized the duality of her character and why she is torn between Jack and Sawyer. They represent the two sides of her character which is why she is constantly pulled in both directions. Now if the storyline is played out logically this is only going to serve to push Jack to Ana (which won't be a hard sell anyway given their chemistry) which would appear to be something the scene between Jack and Ana was hinting at.Edited to add and I liked the point Grid made earlier about how so many of the characters come from parents who have disowned them. It puts a nice twist on the show's title.

Maybe the Others never knew where the original survivors were. Ethan did all the killing before... maybe he was using a different bunker all together and also never knew of the Others.Wait a minute. Ethan was a part of the Boat crew possibly and the Others as the Tailies know them is another group. So there were four groups now condensed to three with the Boat people knowing where the Survivors were but could never get to them because they had so many people. The Others knew where the Tailies were because they landed in their territory. Ethan may be Kelvin and Danielle is on another part of the island... where another one of the six bunkers are.
Desmond said Kelvin was dead.You are suggesting that Ethan is part of the boat group and that Goodwin knows nothing of Ethan or the boat people? It may be circumstancial, but Nathan saying he was from Canada and "Ethan" saying his name was Ethan and that he was from Canada is suspect. In both cases, an outsider infiltrated a group of the survivors and worked to abduct some of them. I think Goodwin and Ethan were part of the same group.

Also, from the evidence we have to work with, it would seem that Ethan and Goodwin did not know about either of the bunkers we know about. Desmond's words and actions indicate that he has not seen anyone except Kelvin since he shipwrecked [although he could be lying, I suppose]. Goodwin looked suprised when the tail-enders found the door to the second bunker.

Desmond said Kelvin was dead.

You are suggesting that Ethan is part of the boat group and that Goodwin knows nothing of Ethan or the boat people?  It may be circumstancial, but Nathan saying he was from Canada and "Ethan" saying his name was Ethan and that he was from Canada is suspect.  In both cases, an outsider infiltrated a group of the survivors and worked to abduct some of them.  I think Goodwin and Ethan were part of the same group.

Also, from the evidence we have to work with, it would seem that Ethan and Goodwin did not know about either of the bunkers we know about.  Desmond's words and actions indicate that he has not seen anyone except Kelvin since he shipwrecked [although he could be lying, I suppose].  Goodwin looked suprised when the tail-enders found the door to the second bunker.
Okay okay. Has everyone come into an agreement about the following thoughts:Ethan and Goodwin knew each other and were apart of the Others

Ethan and Goodwin knew each other and were apart of the Boat Group

Ethan and Goodwin knew each other and were apart of the Other and Boat Group as they are the same

Ethan and Goodwin did not know each other and each was apart of either group

See the Boat Group had normal clothes which would make more sense for Ethan and Goodwin to have normal clothes rather then being a part of the Others because they had rags moreless.

I dont understand why there was a swat team at the station to take Kate down. The sherrif is behind her in line talking about Tallahassee and there were 2-3 other guys ready to help. That does not make sense to me. I think there must be more to her story. If it was just some redneck farm girl blew a guy up they would just all come in guns drawn and in uniforms to arrest her. Right?

I dont understand why there was a swat team at the station to take Kate down. The sherrif is behind her in line talking about Tallahassee and there were 2-3 other guys ready to help. That does not make sense to me. I think there must be more to her story. If it was just some redneck farm girl blew a guy up they would just all come in guns drawn and in uniforms to arrest her. Right?
I don't know about them being a swat team, just seemed like they were undercover since they knew she was on the run and would be on the look out for uniform cops.

I don't know about them being a swat team, just seemed like they were undercover since they knew she was on the run and would be on the look out for uniform cops.
I was being sarcastic :sarcasm: The arrest scene just seemed over board for me. If you saw that scene without knowing her crime I think you would have though she had done more.

Although blowing a guy up in a house is pretty serious.

Desmond said Kelvin was dead.

You are suggesting that Ethan is part of the boat group and that Goodwin knows nothing of Ethan or the boat people? It may be circumstancial, but Nathan saying he was from Canada and "Ethan" saying his name was Ethan and that he was from Canada is suspect. In both cases, an outsider infiltrated a group of the survivors and worked to abduct some of them. I think Goodwin and Ethan were part of the same group.

Also, from the evidence we have to work with, it would seem that Ethan and Goodwin did not know about either of the bunkers we know about. Desmond's words and actions indicate that he has not seen anyone except Kelvin since he shipwrecked [although he could be lying, I suppose]. Goodwin looked suprised when the tail-enders found the door to the second bunker.
Okay okay. Has everyone come into an agreement about the following thoughts:Ethan and Goodwin knew each other and were apart of the Others

Ethan and Goodwin knew each other and were apart of the Boat Group

Ethan and Goodwin knew each other and were apart of the Other and Boat Group as they are the same

Ethan and Goodwin did not know each other and each was apart of either group

See the Boat Group had normal clothes which would make more sense for Ethan and Goodwin to have normal clothes rather then being a part of the Others because they had rags moreless.
... based on what we know to this point.- Ethan and Goodwin used similar tactics and had similar information.

- Ethan and Goodwin were a significant distance away from each other, enough so that Goodwin's absence would be noticied if he were to contact Ethan.

- Goodwin was in contact with a fairly large group of people that were not survivors of Flight 815.

- Information Goodwin gave to this group led to the abduction of 9 people, at least one of which Eko and Jin saw in the jungle.

Other things:

- The tail-enders have had "contact" with this other group, but Jack/Kate/Sawyer/etc's group has not.

- Jack/Kate/Sawyer/etc's group has had "contact" with the Monster, polar bears, a shark, a horse, Walt's presence [for lack of a better word]; the tail-enders have not had any of this "supernatural" contact.

- The boat people clearly have technology - a boat, guns, a computer; the people who attacked the tail-enders seemed no better off than the survivors.

Anything else?

I was being sarcastic :sarcasm: The arrest scene just seemed over board for me. If you saw that scene without knowing her crime I think you would have though she had done more.

Although blowing a guy up in a house is pretty serious.
Pre-meditated murder. Uh, yeah....very serious.

I just want to say I'm enjoying this show much more now that I've stopped reading this thread and trying to overanalyze everything.

I just want to say I'm enjoying this show much more now that I've stopped reading this thread and trying to overanalyze everything.
I tried watching this show three times - the one with the mysterious clock that kept counting down to zero frustrated me so badly that I haven't watched it since.Here's to The Shield. *self-toast*

... based on what we know to this point.

- Ethan and Goodwin used similar tactics and had similar information.

- Ethan and Goodwin were a significant distance away from each other, enough so that Goodwin's absence would be noticied if he were to contact Ethan.

- Goodwin was in contact with a fairly large group of people that were not survivors of Flight 815.

- Information Goodwin gave to this group led to the abduction of 9 people, at least one of which Eko and Jin saw in the jungle.

Other things:

- The tail-enders have had "contact" with this other group, but Jack/Kate/Sawyer/etc's group has not.

- Jack/Kate/Sawyer/etc's group has had "contact" with the Monster, polar bears, a shark, a horse, Walt's presence [for lack of a better word]; the tail-enders have not had any of this "supernatural" contact.

- The boat people clearly have technology - a boat, guns, a computer; the people who attacked the tail-enders seemed no better off than the survivors.

Anything else?
Good stuff here.Six bunkers of which two maybe three are being used or have been used... that we know of.

A map would be nice... so. On a six figure with equal sides we have the orignal survivors at point 1. Danielle would be at point 2... her original spot. The Black Rock would be point 3. The Tail-Enders would be at point 6. The Others (Ethan/Goodwin) would be at point 5. The Boat People would be at point 4.

That is the way I see it as we know it right now. What tests are going on at each point would be:

Animal testing at points 2

Magnetic testing at point 1

Human testing at point 5/6

Technology/ports at point 4

Cant think of what would be in point 3

When Locke first opened the book with the film in it, before he took it out, all I saw was the circle in the center, and I thought the eye might fit there. I was way off. :)

"Tonight, on a very special episode of 'My Two Dads'..."

Desmond said Kelvin was dead.You are suggesting that Ethan is part of the boat group and that Goodwin knows nothing of Ethan or the boat people? It may be circumstancial, but Nathan saying he was from Canada and "Ethan" saying his name was Ethan and that he was from Canada is suspect. In both cases, an outsider infiltrated a group of the survivors and worked to abduct some of them. I think Goodwin and Ethan were part of the same group.

I think he just assumed Kelvin was dead because he went outside.

Did anyone happen to notice how freaky one of Mr. Eko's eyes looked when he was telling the Josiah story to Locke? It looked........glass-like.

Somebody give me the play by play of the previews.. Tivo snipped the very end of it.  I saw Eko praying but what else happened?
They didn't reveal much.....except.Eko smashed the Virgin Mary statue to reveal the heroin inside, how would he have know there was heroin inside? Some evidence for him actually being a drug plane survivor.

Somebody give me the play by play of the previews.. Tivo snipped the very end of it. I saw Eko praying but what else happened?
They didn't reveal much.....except.Eko smashed the Virgin Mary statue to reveal the heroin inside, how would he have know there was heroin inside? Some evidence for him actually being a drug plane survivor.
I believe the trunk they found in the other bunker was his.....which means the Bible and the glass eye belonged to him.

Agreed. I stopped in to ask the question about why someone would take that part of the film out, and that's only the second time I've checked in since about the time of that shape-on-the-plane argument.

Somebody give me the play by play of the previews.. Tivo snipped the very end of it. I saw Eko praying but what else happened?
I believe the trunk they found in the other bunker was his.....which means the Bible and the glass eye belonged to him.
but that doesn't make sense does it? If he was on the drug plane why would he have a bible with the dharma film inside of it? Or are you saying he was not on the drug plane, but a plant from dharma?

Somebody give me the play by play of the previews.. Tivo snipped the very end of it.  I saw Eko praying but what else happened?
but that doesn't make sense does it? If he was on the drug plane why would he have a bible with the dharma film inside of it? Or are you saying he was not on the drug plane, but a plant from dharma?
I figure he was on the drug plane, and has been on the island longer so was able to collect some of these items.....although the eye might be his.

I really don't know. Just throwing that out there. Eko's eye was definitely weird looking during his Bible story. Who knows how long ago that drug plane crashed. If he were part of it, maybe he's been there long enough to have something to do with the film.His eyes just really stood out to me last night......

Agreed. I stopped in to ask the question about why someone would take that part of the film out, and that's only the second time I've checked in since about the time of that shape-on-the-plane argument.
Oh well, the thread has actually gotten a lot better than earlier this season since it has slowed down. I just avoid the spoilers that I know are going to ruin the episode. I always like to find out stuff that I missed in the episode.Anyway, to answer you question Tick, and thus make the thread more interesting to you, I think there is a very obvious reason why the film was cut. Whoever did the cutting wants someone in the hatch to use the computer to contact other people, not just for entering the numbers.

At this point, I have no idea why. I have thought of ten different angles with Kelvin, Desmond and the others, but every time I think of something it doesn't make sense. For instance, the person that spliced the film, would have had access to the bunker, so they could have just not entered the numbers if that is what they wanted.

Anybody else have thoughts on the film splicing?

I figure he was on the drug plane, and has been on the island longer so was able to collect some of these items.....although the eye might be his.
Good lord this thread sucks.He was on the 815 plane. Maybe he was destroying a "fake idol" and that's why he found the heroin. Or maybe locke told him what was inside. I don't know how you can connect from a 2 second preview snippet that he was on the drug plane and has been on the island for a while - despite him crashing with the others 3 episodes ago.

The guy behind her in line and the one in the car when the horse first appeared was the marshall from the plane. The guy Sawyer tried to euthanize. Those were federal agents in the train/bus station, not simple cops.

Is it just me, or is anyone else curious as to why a federal marshall came all the way to Iowa to pick up a girl who killed her loser stepdad and it was reported to be her first crime? Also, how did he get there so fast? Wouldn't normal rural people just call the Sheriff??

The guy behind her in line and the one in the car when the horse first appeared was the marshall from the plane. The guy Sawyer tried to euthanize. Those were federal agents in the train/bus station, not simple cops.
Yeah I know who it was. I didn't see a SWAT team, that's all. She fled the state so I'm guessing that's where the Federal Marshalls come in.

Eko was on the tail section of the plane. We see him immediately after the crash and he was dressed in a suit.
yep - forgot about that
And Eko sure didn't seem to know anything about the tailie bunker. He just found the book with the film because it was the bible and that was important to him.I do have a thought now. Maybe the spliced part of the film was taken by someone who was in the hatch when the first incident occurred. Maybe Dharma covered something up where the computer was used to communicate to other bunkers and thus ruined all of the experiments that they had going. The person in the hatch knew this and played along with Dharma, but he cut the film, hid it and went to the tailie bunker. That box was his personal effects.

Is it just me, or is anyone else curious as to why a federal marshall came all the way to Iowa to pick up a girl who killed her loser stepdad and it was reported to be her first crime? Also, how did he get there so fast? Wouldn't normal rural people just call the Sheriff??
Do you know that she was still in Iowa at that point? I thought that she was already on the run, so they could have just been showing the point at which she got caught. Her Army dad said he was going to notify the authorities and if her Army dad was not in Iowa, then maybe the federal marshalls got involved.

I dont know how jurisdictions work but since the murder she commited also included insurance fraud, wouldnt that mean it became a federal case and the Feds have to get involved?

Good lord this thread sucks.He was on the 815 plane. Maybe he was destroying a "fake idol" and that's why he found the heroin. Or maybe locke told him what was inside. I don't know how you can connect from a 2 second preview snippet that he was on the drug plane and has been on the island for a while - despite him crashing with the others 3 episodes ago.
I wouldn't go as far to say that the thread sucks, but I absolutely agree with you. Things that you see are pretty much the way they were intended. If Eko is shown on the beach and in the ocean helping people two seconds after the crash, then he was on the plane.The previews attempt to throw people off the track. It was only a couple weeks ago that the previews/episode info tried to insuate that Locke and Charlie were going to battle for Claire. Nothing like that even remotely happened, it was more about discussing Claire's and Charlie's relationship or lack thereof.

Users who are viewing this thread