What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (3 Viewers)

Calendar

The evidence that the plane crash took place in the future continues to mount. A few weeks ago a posted in the background of the flashback when Michael was in the hospital dated that scene as 2000. That was discussed earlier in this thread.

Now, this picture, if you look at the calender in the back ground dates this flashback as sometime in the Sep/Oct/Nov of 2005. The years are covered by post-it notes, but because Nov, 1st is a Tuesday, it necessitates that its either 1994, 2005, or 2011 (or some time further out). We can safely rule out 1994 as her dad's desk was littered with "An Army of One" stuff, which didn't exist in '94.

My feelings are that this flash back occured in fall of '05, and she was on the run for a few years before the crash. I think somewhere it is indicated that the marshall had been chasing her for 3 years or so. :whistle:
Hulk, while possible, what does this mean and how is it significant to the story line? I am just wondering where you are trying to take this, i.e. in terms of new technology that might be on the island, etc.Also, I think I said this before, but as destroyer of theories ;) , I think it is probably just as probable that since this was filmed in 2005 the Calendar is a 2005 Calendar because that is what they had in the prop room. I remember the writers/producers saying that they were amazed at how many people read so much into numbers, i.e. there were 4 xxxs in that scene, and that while there were incidents where the numbers matched they did not plan out every occurrence. Sometimes there are just four rocks in a scene and with 4 and 8, you pretty much have a 25% chance of having those numbers in any place where less than 8 objects are found.

Don't forget right before Michael started typing, Locke and Eko spliced the film together and learned never to use the computer for communication or it could lead to another "incident"

But you could tell, even after putting back the missing peice, that there was still some of the film missing.

Anyone else think the other missing pieces of the film are in the other bunkers?

I'm now 90% sure the plane crash occured between 2008 and 2010.

:boxing:
why would this matter?
Most people assume the plane crash occured in 2004.However, the creators of this show said something to the effect that isn't necessarily true. Since they said that, I've kept my eyes open for things indicating that it crashed at a different time. This calendar, and the poster in Michael's hospital room, keep pointing to the crash as having taken place at some point in the future. I think that at some point there will be a big "big reveal" and we'll find out exactly when this show is taking place.

Calendar

The evidence that the plane crash took place in the future continues to mount.  A few weeks ago a posted in the background of the flashback when Michael was in the hospital dated that scene as 2000.  That was discussed earlier in this thread.

Now, this picture, if you look at the calender in the back ground dates this flashback as sometime in the Sep/Oct/Nov of 2005.  The years are covered by post-it notes, but because Nov, 1st is a Tuesday, it necessitates that its either 1994, 2005, or 2011 (or some time further out).  We can safely rule out 1994 as her dad's desk was littered with "An Army of One" stuff, which didn't exist in '94.

My feelings are that this flash back occured in fall of '05, and she was on the run for a few years before the crash.  I think somewhere it is indicated that the marshall had been chasing her for 3 years or so. :whistle:
Hulk, while possible, what does this mean and how is it significant to the story line? I am just wondering where you are trying to take this, i.e. in terms of new technology that might be on the island, etc.Also, I think I said this before, but as destroyer of theories ;) , I think it is probably just as probable that since this was filmed in 2005 the Calendar is a 2005 Calendar because that is what they had in the prop room. I remember the writers/producers saying that they were amazed at how many people read so much into numbers, i.e. there were 4 xxxs in that scene, and that while there were incidents where the numbers matched they did not plan out every occurrence. Sometimes there are just four rocks in a scene and with 4 and 8, you pretty much have a 25% chance of having those numbers in any place where less than 8 objects are found.
They've said in interviews that they are meticulous about all the objects in a scene. They clearly placed post its on this calendar to cover the year so you couldn't tell, but they've got to have understood that dates fall on different days year to year. This combined with the poster from the Michael scene, lead me to feel that these are not mistakes, but intentional clues as to the timeframe of the show.

That pic of Eko is so glassy eyed it is not funny. Hurley needs to bust out the manifest one more time to take roll call.I dont know if any of you download the shows via torrents but Isohunt has some 12000 leechers and a couple thousand fewer, bout 10000, seeders of the past couple shows. High connection speed while not downloading anything else you should have those shows in a couple hours, maybe less.

Except that the RedSox won the World Series in 2004. And I hope to God they still aren't playing Stained in the future.
So. That doesn't mean people who've been Redsox's fans for their whole life automatically stop using that phrase. There was a reason the phrase stuck out to Sawyer... maybe it was because two people used it and its unusual to use the phrase after they've won.

The future theory would also give a reason for having a current (i.e. 2005) style washer and dryer in the hatch.
But what about the 1980 Computer in the Bunker? If they could get a modern washer and dryer couldn't they do the same with a computer? That could be an industrial washer / dryer, instead of just being "modern".

sayid confirmed that he saw walt. Michael is communicating with walt on the computer...Im not entirely convinced that walt is using another computer...he may just be using his special powers to communicate.
Dont forget ... "the others" had a radio and were trying to get in contact with the tail survivors, just when they found the bunker .... why can't they have a computer? and communicate with the survivors in the hatch. the have already shown that they are able to find out who is who and info about them. So when micheal typed in his name, it is not unreasonable to think that they were baiting him.

sayid confirmed that he saw walt.  Michael is communicating with walt on the computer...Im not entirely convinced that walt is using another computer...he may just be using his special powers to communicate.
Dont forget ... "the others" had a radio and were trying to get in contact with the tail survivors, just when they found the bunker .... why can't they have a computer? and communicate with the survivors in the hatch. the have already shown that they are able to find out who is who and info about them. So when micheal typed in his name, it is not unreasonable to think that they were baiting him.
No, that was Boone the tailies heard on the radio. Boone was using the drug plane radio before it fell. Remember he heard a reply when it did this in the first season... that was the tailies.

Except that the RedSox won the World Series in 2004. And I hope to God they still aren't playing Stained in the future.
So. That doesn't mean people who've been Redsox's fans for their whole life automatically stop using that phrase. There was a reason the phrase stuck out to Sawyer... maybe it was because two people used it and its unusual to use the phrase after they've won.
No way....No one would say "That's why the Red Sox wil never win the World Series" if they had won it 4-6 years before that.

No way....No one would say "That's why the Red Sox wil never win the World Series" if they had won it 4-6 years before that.
He says "Sox", not "Redsox"

sayid confirmed that he saw walt.  Michael is communicating with walt on the computer...Im not entirely convinced that walt is using another computer...he may just be using his special powers to communicate.
absolutely...Im just pointing out that walt has been trying to contact them, and may have connected with that computer because his father was there at that time. I dont remember "the others" using the radio to contact the taillies...I think you are talking about when boone talked to them before he died and they thought it was the others....but I may have forgotten that.

He says "Sox", not "Redsox"
A couple months ago that might of made a difference.

Just caught with all the posts from today and I want to call :bs: on this Eko not being on Flight 815 talk.

This is Eko getting out of the water in the first seconds of "The Other 48 Days" episode. Also, as someone pointed out, Eko is genuinely religious and the smugglers were merely iimposters.

Just caught with all the posts from today and I want to call :bs: on this Eko not being on Flight 815 talk.

This is Eko getting out of the water in the first seconds of "The Other 48 Days" episode. Also, as someone pointed out, Eko is genuinely religious and the smugglers were merely iimposters.
I am not saying one way or the other but most of the other passengers have been shown to be on the plane in the airport or actual pictures on the plane. Eko, not saying he wont be, but he has never been shown to be anywhere near the airport or plane. I believe he was on the plane but all the main characters that have been featured have been shown before any crash episode to have been on the plane. Any characters other then Eko not fitting this description?

I am not saying one way or the other but most of the other passengers have been shown to be on the plane in the airport or actual pictures on the plane. Eko, not saying he wont be, but he has never been shown to be anywhere near the airport or plane. I believe he was on the plane but all the main characters that have been featured have been shown before any crash episode to have been on the plane. Any characters other then Eko not fitting this description?
Libby?

Just caught with all the posts from today and I want to call  :bs:   on this Eko not being on Flight 815 talk.

This is Eko getting out of the water in the first seconds of "The Other 48 Days" episode.  Also,  as someone pointed out, Eko is genuinely religious and the smugglers were merely iimposters.
Libby?
Agreed. So out of the, rough estimate, 24 characters we have seen proof of 22 of them. Hmm.

I am sure you guys have covered this in previous posts, (95 pages is way too many to go thru right now for me) but has anyone read the book, "The Third Policeman" by Flann O'Brien? I picked up the new Lost magazine tonight and read the article on the book. It sounds interesting and I am thinking about picking it up. Just looking for opinions.

why do people care what year it is in the story? what does that have to do with anything?
Because if they intentionally set the story 4 or 5 years in the future, there must be some reason for it. Otherwise, what would be the point?

I am sure you guys have covered this in previous posts, (95 pages is way too many to go thru right now for me) but has anyone read the book, "The Third Policeman" by Flann O'Brien? I picked up the new Lost magazine tonight and read the article on the book. It sounds interesting and I am thinking about picking it up. Just looking for opinions.
Yeah, there was some discussion of this title about 30 pages ago. What's the article say?

Yeah, there was some discussion of this title about 30 pages ago. What's the article say?
The article says:"...first published in 1967, the comedic tale is narated by a man who has committed a robbery and a violent murder. While trying to retieve a black box he believes to contain money the narrator begins to move into a stranger world filled with irrational concepts, objects and locations. These include a device which collects sound and converts it to light, and underground chamber called "Eternity" where thoughts can come true, and people who have exchanged atoms with their bicycles." This sounds familiar, doesn't it?!!

It also says:

"Wright, (Craig Wright, who co-wrote the episode which includes this book) revealed the O'Brien's book "was chosen for a very specific reason>" Although secretive about that reason, Wright said "Whoever goes out and buys the book will have a lot more ammunition in their back pocket as they theorize about the show. They will have a lot more to speculate about-and, no small thing, they will have read a really great book."

I think I read all the posts from today, my question is this:If someone is going to go through the trouble of splicing the film, they obviously don't want anyone to see what they cut out. Why hide it in another bunker when they can just destroy it?

My wife's great question:

Why would anyone splice that out of the tape?
Ok I just found this question from last night's posts, similar to mine above, but with a different focus. Ruling: not a honda.

I think I read all the posts from today, my question is this:

If someone is going to go through the trouble of splicing the film, they obviously don't want anyone to see what they cut out. Why hide it in another bunker when they can just destroy it?
So Eko could tell that charming story? :D

I wonder if Anna Lucia was 'disowned' by her Mom after she figured out her daughter killed the guy who shot and killed her fetus - and fled to Australia...Everybody else was disowned on the island.

I wonder if Anna Lucia was 'disowned' by her Mom after she figured out her daughter killed the guy who shot and killed her fetus - and fled to Australia...

Everybody else was disowned on the island.
Was Hurley, er eh Hugo disowned? I thought he went to Austrailia to find out about the numbers, but I dont remember him being disowned...

Found this snippet on another board. A possible theory about the numbers. Fits the bill well too.

I beleive I have uncovered the hidden code within the numbers that seem to haunt the show.

4 8 15 16 23 42

what are they, what do they mean....

heres my theory. After doing some analysis, the numbers say

DHARMA

It doesnt stop with that.

It actually read like this-

DHARMA 342 or

Dharma 3:42 (refering to biblical scripture).

I used a simple cipher using a very basic codex (A=1, B=2 and so on through the alphabet) to come up wit the following,

4=D,

8=H ,

This is where it gets a little tricky, but cleverly simple at the same time.

Break 15 down like this

1=A then add 4 + 8 + 1 + 5. This equals 18, which is the alpha. equivelant to the letter R

15 , 16

Add 1 + 5 + 1 + 6. This equals 13 or its letter equivalent- M

Now add all the numbers as they read, while adding the next number in the pattern(2):

4 + 8 + 1 + 5 + 1 + 6 +2. This equals 27. There are 26 letters in the alphabet and 27 gets us back to A

Spelling of course:

DHARMA

This leaves the following numbers unaccounted for 3 42

Looked like scripture to me, so I did some research.

Not sure which book it represents exactly, but here are some possibilities (starting with what makes the most sense to me)

Lamentations 3:42

We have trangressed & rebelled, THou hast not pardoned

{

(So in FUll, itthe numbers read like this:

Dharma-We have trangressed & rebelled, THou hast not pardoned

Looks like the scientists from the island trangressed and rebelled both against society and nature (experiments, etc and they are paying the price

or

3:42(John?)

And moses numbered, as the lord commanded him, all the 1st born amoung the children of Israel.

(Are all the survivors 1st borns? I'm not sure but I do think that most are)

There are a few others as well. I will post them soon.

Not sure if anyone has come to the same conclusion I have but it makes sense to me.

Hope it gives everyone smthing to think about.

Love this show...

Found this snippet on another board. A possible theory about the numbers. Fits the bill well too.

I beleive I have uncovered the hidden code within the numbers that seem to haunt the show.
All I can say is wow, somebody spent a lot of time on the crapper making that stuff up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Anna Lucia was 'disowned' by her Mom after she figured out her daughter killed the guy who shot and killed her fetus - and fled to Australia...

Everybody else was disowned on the island.
Was Hurley, er eh Hugo disowned? I thought he went to Austrailia to find out about the numbers, but I dont remember him being disowned...
He kind of was disowned. Don't you remember all the pain he caused his family by winning the money and the friend that he lost because of it. Seemed to me that until he gave out the food he was pretty depressed when thinking about what happened to him because of the money.Hurley's closure came with the big bash on the beach, like Kate's with the horse, Sawyer with the boar, Shannon with Sayid saying he believed and loved her, and Locke with him letting go like he couldn't do when he lost Peg Bundy. I can't recall what Boone's closure was, but Jin and Sun kind of had their closure when Jin got back to Sun after their separation.

Anyone else think of any "closures" we have seen already?

Found this snippet on another board.  A possible theory about the numbers.  Fits the bill well too.

All I can say is wow, somebody spent a lot of time on the crapper making that stuff up.
They sure did and especially with what the writers/producers mentioned in a spoiler before, this guy is wasting a ton of time. :D

Users who are viewing this thread