What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (3 Viewers)

the poster in Michael's hospital room
Refresh my memory on this please. I must have missed that discussion.
Occupational Therapy Month 2000Far left.

Walt was like 2 when Michael was in the hospital here.
Walt is currently 9 years old. If he was 2 in 2000, he would be 10 in 2008 or 12 in 2010. What if he was 4 when Michael was hit?
Hmmm. Was this verified in the show? Or is just what the website says?I think I'm going have to shift my guess to the 2007 - 2009 range.

Okay, 67 pages, so this may have been hit on. Anyone notice the recurring theme of Black and White throughout the episodes as well?Eko and Locke splicing the film?Kate and the Horse?Walt and his dog?Micheal and Sun?Also, what if the Others are actually good? What I mean is that suppose that the Others are other survivors or original members of the island. They know that prolonged exposure turns people 'sick' as the French woman described. They have already noticed strange things happening to them. So the Others realize that the new people on the island will eventually turn crazy, or sick, or something. In order to protect the children, they take them to protect them from either the island itself, or the people when they eventually 'turn'. Other than the episode with Ethan, have we seen the Others attack or kill anyone? They 'take' them, but we don't see them later as dead. Food for thought...

I'm now 90% sure the plane crash occured between 2008 and 2010.

:boxing:
why would this matter?
Most people assume the plane crash occured in 2004.However, the creators of this show said something to the effect that isn't necessarily true. Since they said that, I've kept my eyes open for things indicating that it crashed at a different time. This calendar, and the poster in Michael's hospital room, keep pointing to the crash as having taken place at some point in the future. I think that at some point there will be a big "big reveal" and we'll find out exactly when this show is taking place.
why does it matter exactly when this show is taking place?If they revealed it took place in 2008, would your jaw drop to the floor?

While fun to speculate, this seems a little pointless.

I'm now 90% sure the plane crash occured between 2008 and 2010.

:boxing:
Except that the RedSox won the World Series in 2004. And I hope to God they still aren't playing Stained in the future.
So. That doesn't mean people who've been Redsox's fans for their whole life automatically stop using that phrase. There was a reason the phrase stuck out to Sawyer... maybe it was because two people used it and its unusual to use the phrase after they've won.
No way....No one would say "That's why the Red Sox wil never win the World Series" if they had won it 4-6 years before that.
He says "Sox", not "Redsox"
Seriously...

Boone wasn't disowned.
I don't know if he was disowned per se, but his mom couldn't have been happy with him chasing Shannon all over the world, getting grifted with each of her criminal "boyfriends"We never really saw any interaction between Boone and his mom, so we can't really say this for certain. But, given her reaction to Shannon asking for money to go to NY (where Boone lived) and his mother subsequently offering him a job to run one of the California-based companies, I think it's a fairly reasonable assumption that she wouldn't be very impressed with him.

Boone wasn't disowned.
I don't know if he was disowned per se, but his mom couldn't have been happy with him chasing Shannon all over the world, getting grifted with each of her criminal "boyfriends"We never really saw any interaction between Boone and his mom, so we can't really say this for certain. But, given her reaction to Shannon asking for money to go to NY (where Boone lived) and his mother subsequently offering him a job to run one of the California-based companies, I think it's a fairly reasonable assumption that she wouldn't be very impressed with him.
Unimpressed <> Disowned

Boone's closure might've been the moment he chose to die rather than let Jack try to save him by removing his leg. The baby being born at the same time helped establish that, IMO.

Also, what if the Others are actually good? What I mean is that suppose that the Others are other survivors or original members of the island. They know that prolonged exposure turns people 'sick' as the French woman described. They have already noticed strange things happening to them. So the Others realize that the new people on the island will eventually turn crazy, or sick, or something. In order to protect the children, they take them to protect them from either the island itself, or the people when they eventually 'turn'. Other than the episode with Ethan, have we seen the Others attack or kill anyone? They 'take' them, but we don't see them later as dead.
Why not just come out of the woods and say that then?

I rewatched it last night.  I don't think he has a glass eye.  Although his eyes are scary.
I watched it again as well. Dude, that left eye of his is messed up during that scene.
I noticed what you talked about, but the rest of the show it seemed to move in conjunction with his other eye very well.

I rewatched it last night. I don't think he has a glass eye. Although his eyes are scary.
I watched it again as well. Dude, that left eye of his is messed up during that scene.
I noticed what you talked about, but the rest of the show it seemed to move in conjunction with his other eye very well.
I agree. Wonder why it was like that?

Boone wasn't disowned.
Unimpressed <> Disowned
True, but without seeing any further interaction between Boone and his mom, we'll never know. Knowing her disdain for giving money to Shannon, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if she disowned him.

Okay, 67 pages, so this may have been hit on. Anyone notice the recurring theme of Black and White throughout the episodes as well?
Well, with the Season One black and white rocks found near the dead bodies, then the ship called the "Black Rock" where they got the explosives to blow a hole in the white hatch, I think its a hard thread to ignore. At this point is seems almost easter-eggish.

Boone wasn't disowned.
neither were Sun, Michael, Sawyer, Jack (he wasn't, the father was), Sayid...
Forget about purely disowned. Grid brought it up the first time and I agree with him.Think about it this way, lots of the characters we have seen have had flashbacks where their life had problems and they have then had closure moments.

Here is my running list, feel free to comment:

Anna Lucia - Got pregnant, lost boyfriend and baby when shot, killed her shooter and now killed Shannon. Right now she feels hated and dead inside (her words to Sayid). She has not gotten closure.

Jack - Had problem with his father and probably feels responsible for him killing himself. Remember the getting the casket on the plane fiasco. Not sure what happened with his wife yet. He sort of got some closure when Sawyer told him that he met his father and that his father said good things about him, but we still don't know yet.

Shannon - Pretty obvious on this one, she was abandoned and Sayid gave her closure by finally believing in her and telling her that he loved her.

Kate - Just got closure after confessing to Sawyer/her Dad's ghost(?) for killing her dad and realized it when the horse was there.

Sawyer - Killed a man that wasn't his father's con-man and also saw his dad kill himself. He seemed to get closure with the whole boar incident where he heard the "It'll come around" and then the boar leaving him alone. Still not sure if that was complete closure as that episode was awhile ago.

Hurley - The whole money thing caused him family problems (including his uncle dying) and lost him his best friend. Getting to divy up the food at the beach bash seemed to be his closure and he went from depressed/blowing up the food storage to being happy.

Locke - This one was also pretty obvious in his flashback. He could not get over what his dad and mom did to him to the point that he ended up losing Helen. After going into the hatch he had a revelation, which I can't remember exactly, but something happened between him and Jack that mirrored what Helen said he couldn't do. I think it was letting go of something.

Jin and Sun - I also think this was pretty obvious in that Jin had done some bad things to other people and Sun. Remember when Sun was going to leave him. Sun also knew English and Jin felt betrayed. Once they got back together, they realized how much they loved each other and kind of went full circle back to when they first met.

Michael and Walt - Again Walt felt abandoned by Michael and Michael felt like he had abandoned his son and was betrayed by his wife. I think the closure point for them (before the abduction) was when they were sitting next to a piece of the airplane and Michael gave Walt all of the letters to him that his mom didn't show him. I think I remember Walt telling him that he loved him or something like that.

Eko - Still don't know enough about him yet, but obviously he killed two people and that seems to be a bad thing enough for him to be silent for 40 days.

Rose and Bernard - Not sure if this fits but so far the only thing we know is that they were separated due to the plane crash and are now reunited.

Boone - I think some of his abandonment comes from his relationship with Shannon. He kept bailing her out of all those situations and don't forget that they had sex as well. I also think that he felt responsible for what he/his mom did to her and that is why he kept trying to find her and got in that fight because he thought she was being abused. He definitely had issues when he didn't save that girl who drowned and when Jack saved him, almost like he felt like he shouldn't have been saved. Everyone hated him for a while because he took the water. Anyway, I think the whole dying thing with Jack was where Boone got some peace.

Other than Boone and Rose/Bernard, the characters we have seen have definitely gone through some tribulations and came to a happy point if you will. We haven't seen enough of Eko/AL/Libby yet to know anything about them.

Edit to Add: I forgot about Charlie and Claire. Charlie definitely became a not so good guy and on the island he kicked the habit, got his guitar back and saved the baby. I think his interaction with Claire got him some closure with what he did to that girl in his flashbacks.

Claire is a little harder, but I think when she named the baby she kind of got over that hump of her boyfriend leaving her and almost giving her baby up for adoption.

Last edited by a moderator:

Walt is currently 9 years old. If he was 2 in 2000, he would be 10 in 2008 or 12 in 2010. What if he was 4 when Michael was hit?
Hmmm. Was this verified in the show? Or is just what the website says?I think I'm going have to shift my guess to the 2007 - 2009 range.
How could it be 2009?What episode is that screen cap from? In 1x14 "Special", Michael tells the nurse that Walt is 2 years old. He also tells Susan that he will need to spend a year in physical therapy. I dont see that screen cap in with the other from 1x14 though.

Also, what if the Others are actually good? What I mean is that suppose that the Others are other survivors or original members of the island. They know that prolonged exposure turns people 'sick' as the French woman described. They have already noticed strange things happening to them. So the Others realize that the new people on the island will eventually turn crazy, or sick, or something. In order to protect the children, they take them to protect them from either the island itself, or the people when they eventually 'turn'. Other than the episode with Ethan, have we seen the Others attack or kill anyone? They 'take' them, but we don't see them later as dead.

Food for thought...
Yeah, except for that whole Goodwin killing Nathan right after he lets him out of the pit scene...

Food for thought...
Yeah, except for that whole Goodwin killing Nathan right after he lets him out of the pit scene...
They weren't exactly friendly taking Walt either. Shooting Sawyer, firebombing the raft and leaving the 3 of them for dead doesn't exactly say hugs and kittens.

Copied from TV Guide online:LOST DUO HIT WITH DUI: Lost newcomers Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros, aka "tailies" Ana Lucia and Libby, were arrested and taken into custody on suspicion of driving their respective cars under the influence of alcohol Wednesday night in Oahu, People reports. In 2003 Rodriguez pleaded no contest to three driving-related misdemeanors, for which she served two days in jail, did community service and received treatment in a 30-day alcohol program. Both actresses posted bail Thursday morning; formal charges are expected to be filed on Dec. 29. :banned:

The reason it is set in the future could be entirely practical.Time is aging faster then the show. What are we up to now Day 50 something? It's taken us a season and a half to get there.

If the show runs for 5 years then it will be 2009. It we are up to day 250 or 300, then the show will be in 2009 (if it's currently set in 2008)

Not sure why they'd do that, but for some reason life on the island isn't mirroring our time.

Some charachters are going to age in 5 years, whereas on the island they have aged a year. Apart from Walt the young girls, Claire in particular are going to change. Also it may provide a reason for Boone & Shannon being bumped off. They'll age way too much for the island timeline.

The reason it is set in the future could be entirely practical.Time is aging faster then the show. What are we up to now Day 50 something? It's taken us a season and a half to get there.

If the show runs for 5 years then it will be 2009. It we are up to day 250 or 300, then the show will be in 2009 (if it's currently set in 2008)

Not sure why they'd do that, but for some reason life on the island isn't mirroring our time.

Some charachters are going to age in 5 years, whereas on the island they have aged a year. Apart from Walt the young girls, Claire in particular are going to change. Also it may provide a reason for Boone & Shannon being bumped off. They'll age way too much for the island timeline.
The actress that played Shannon is 22 and the actor that played Boone is 27; I dont think "aging" would a been a problem for them. The ones to worry about would be Walt and the two teddy bear kids.Regardless, I dont see how having the plane crash 2 or 3 years in the future helps with those potential problems.

I wonder if Anna Lucia was 'disowned' by her Mom after she figured out her daughter killed the guy who shot and killed her fetus - and fled to Australia...

Everybody else was disowned on the island.
Was Hurley, er eh Hugo disowned? I thought he went to Austrailia to find out about the numbers, but I dont remember him being disowned...
He kind of was disowned. Don't you remember all the pain he caused his family by winning the money and the friend that he lost because of it. Seemed to me that until he gave out the food he was pretty depressed when thinking about what happened to him because of the money.Hurley's closure came with the big bash on the beach, like Kate's with the horse, Sawyer with the boar, Shannon with Sayid saying he believed and loved her, and Locke with him letting go like he couldn't do when he lost Peg Bundy. I can't recall what Boone's closure was, but Jin and Sun kind of had their closure when Jin got back to Sun after their separation.

Anyone else think of any "closures" we have seen already?
Don't know if you guys covered this...but wasn't it mentioned that Hurley owned a box company? Is it the same company as Locke's? Just odd how everyone seems to intertwine at some point before the island.

I just want to say I'm enjoying this show much more now that I've stopped reading this thread and trying to overanalyze everything.
Funny, I'm the opposite.
Did anyone else notice that when the computer started "beeping" when Michael was fiddling with the wiring that the countdown timer stopped at 52 minutes flat?

Did the timer stop because someone communicated with the computer, or did something Michael did stop the timer? Previously in the episode, Locked touched keys on the computer to show Michael that you couldn't input anything until the timer reached 4 minutes, so this would explain why Michael had the look of surprise on his face when the letter H appeared on the screen as he started to type "Hello"

Is it actually Walt communicating? Who knows, but since the people who dragged off the tailies knew all their names and appearances, it's not really a stretch to think they have some sort of passenger manifest to go from, either.

The message from "Walt" also appeared at exactly the same time that the previously removed section of the Orientation film was saying to not use the computer for anything but entering the numbers. All of this cannot be coincidence.

Re: The Nigerian drug plane - People keep referring to the priests on the drug plane. I think it's a fairly safe assumption that since they had heroin hidden in statues of the Virgin Mary and guns, that they weren't actual priests, and that they were only dressed that way to correspond with their cargo to not arouse suspicion. While there is speculation that Eko is a priest, this has not yet been confirmed, so aside from the obvious Nigerian link, I can't see why they'd be linked.
"Don't mistake coincidence for fate"

I found this on the ABC site. I have no idea if it is a true spoiler or just a well contrived fake one. Regardless, I'll white out to protect the innocent.

hello fellow fans,

i was browsing thru the tv forums on craigslist forums (http://forums.sandiego.craigslist.org/?forumID=98) and came arcoss this post by someone with a handle of AlverHanso. it may be fake, but figured u all may be interested.

-ll

LOST Episode 10 SPOILER < AlvarHanso > 12/06 11:31:27

Ok kids here we go again.

This time I will make this clear. What you are about to read is a SPOILER of an episode of LOST which will air Jan 11. If you want to wait to see it don't read. If you're impatient and want to start the theories then enjoy.

The episode opens in Charlie's hotel room again. However this time we see his girlfriend/groupie make a phone call after Charlie storms out to someone. She putsd the phone down and says a prayer holding her Virgin mary neckalce.

Island: Sayid approaced Michael who is delirous after the computer encounter and tells him that he is CERTAIN that he saw Walt in the jungle during the Shannon situation. Michael decides to load up on arms and he, Eko Sayid, and Locke set out to find Walt.

During this search for Walt there is a good conversation going on between them all about religion and fate. Very interesting.

Meanwhile back at the hatch it's business as usual until Desmond come back...

Okay..so Desmond comes back to the hatch and everyone is shocked.

Meanwhile, back to the flashback in Charlie's hotel room...Charlie's girl is lying on the bed when there is knock on the door, a big african american man is there (not Eko?) and they are escorted out. On the way to the elevator there is a slew of people (check them out)

Island: During the search for Walt...the monster emerges again and Eko is tripping out. They scatter and the monster (cool overhead shot) seems to be ready to attack Eko.

The rest of the search party meets again without Eko. They assume the worst but Eko emerges again looking a lot like Locke did during his encounter. Eko goes on to recite the 23rd Psalm and looks like he had a religious experience.

Back to the hatch: Desmond tells Jack that he has gone rogue, everything he believed he no longer does. He explains a little bit of the Dharma Initiative. Desmond looks a little psycho and tells Jack to be careful because they are being watched. The computer beeps again...there is a message...the message says if Desmond doesn't leave the premisis immediatly the "little one" will be killed. Desmond bolts out again.

Meanwhile on the seatch for Walt...Eko is still quite enlightened but everything comes to a halt when the comic book is once again found...IN PERFECT CONDITION. Michael is shocked because he remembers burning it.

They are standing over the comic book when they see another Oceanic Airliner fly overhead.

END

I found this on the ABC site. I have no idea if it is a true spoiler or just a well contrived fake one. Regardless, I'll white out to protect the innocent.
Huh. Obviously this person is not as good as the other about telling a tale.

Okay, 67 pages, so this may have been hit on. Anyone notice the recurring theme of Black and White throughout the episodes as well?

Eko and Locke splicing the film?

Kate and the Horse?

Walt and his dog?

Micheal and Sun?

Food for thought...
The concept of yin (moon) and yang (sun) are used throughout the show. Yang is the "Sun" in Chinese and yin is very close to "Jin".I'm not going to read too much into except to guess that the writers wanted to use eastern religions like Buddism and Taoism to make the show seem more mysterious.

I found this on the ABC site.  I have no idea if it is a true spoiler or just a well contrived fake one.  Regardless, I'll white out to protect the innocent.
Huh. Obviously this person is not as good as the other about telling a tale.
I think this one is BS. The other one I had last week was from this poster "Insiderscoop" over at the ABC site. He has correctly described several episodes in advance this way, and its always at about 1pm on the day it will air.This is from someone else. Its intriguing, but I think its BS.

I really havent watched much this season for various reasons. Does anybody know if/when they will be re-airing episodes??

I really havent watched much this season for various reasons. Does anybody know if/when they will be re-airing episodes??
I can understand not wanting to read 97 pages. I really do.But can't you at least read this last page?

But to answer your question: No new episode til the new year. Tonight starts re-runs.

I can understand not wanting to read 97 pages. I really do.But can't you at least read this last page?

But to answer your question: No new episode til the new year. Tonight starts re-runs.
Because it's re-runs, might I take this opportunity to advocate a sampling of "Veronica Mars" tonight? Linkage

I really havent watched much this season for various reasons.  Does anybody know if/when they will be re-airing episodes??

Because it's re-runs, might I take this opportunity to advocate a sampling of "Veronica Mars" tonight? Linkage
That looks gey NTTAWWT

That looks gey NTTAWWT
It helps when one's wife bears a passing resemblance to the young Ms Mars...

Users who are viewing this thread