What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (4 Viewers)

I really havent watched much this season for various reasons.  Does anybody know if/when they will be re-airing episodes??
I can understand not wanting to read 97 pages. I really do.But can't you at least read this last page?

But to answer your question: No new episode til the new year. Tonight starts re-runs.
I stopped reading this trainwreck of a thread long ago. It actually turned me off of the show for a while.

A couple of spoilers:

Someone we thought was dead is coming back.

She (did I say "she"?) is found in the most delicious of all ways--by Eko and Sawyer in the middle of the jungle.
Source? Delicious?
Kristen from E! has a weekly column and chat session. A lot of the spoilers I post here are from either her, or the Ausiollo (sp?) dude from the TV guide site.

A couple of spoilers:

She (did I say "she"?) is found in the most delicious of all ways--by Eko and Sawyer in the middle of the jungle.
Interesting, I never even thought Cindy was dead.  She was MIA and would be found later.
She wasn't dead. I never thought she was dead, in fact there was some speculation that she might have been one of the others, although we know that she was a stewardess. The one thing I always found odd was that there was almost no reaction to her when she went missing. I know that the others kidnapped quite a few of them, but if you think about it, that group survived in tact for almost 40 days after the first couple days of attacks and killing Goodwin.

It could also be the chick that supposedly drowned while swimming.  Maybe she found an underwater hatch or something
Damn good thinking Hulk. Never even thought about that one. That would really open up a whole can of worms.I really hope you are right on this one as I think it would definitely make more more confident in where the show is going, i.e. that they aren't just dragging it out a few more years to make money. Since this is by far my favorite show, I hold out hopes that the writers have had their destination/main story nailed down since day 1 and that they are writing the individual shows to bring us there and make entertaining shows.

A couple of spoilers:

What is the 2nd sentence supposed to mean?
Just a clue that the gender is
and that the
body is found "in the middle of the jungle"
bryhamm your quotes are kind of opposites. I will hide my question:
In your initial quote you said someone would come back from the dead, but then you mentioned that her "body is found" which kind of has a she is still dead connotation to it, but that just finding her is the mystery. Did it mention that she was still dead in the place you found the spoilers? Also, I like Hulk's theory even more because finding Cindy in the middle of the jungle would not be much of a surprise.

Wow, not much discussion on Hulk's reply to bryhamm's semi-spoiler (more of something we will probably see in a preview). It is a crazy thought, which actually makes some sense and could be an interesting story.Just as an FYI, don't go into Hulk's big spoiler above that isn't what I am referring to. I read a couple lines just to see if I wanted to check that one out and it looked like one of those line by line here is what happens in the January 11th episode. I looked at a previous one like that for the Season 2 premiere, after I watched the premiere, and it was exactly what was shown so I won't ever read any of those.

It could also be the chick that supposedly drowned while swimming.  Maybe she found an underwater hatch or something
This would rock!  Even having a trained animal save her.  They are being watched from the sea and from the jungle.

That could open up a "not all sites are bad" discussion.
I'm sorry, but this would be stupid. Do we even know here name? Boone was the one attempting to rescue her and why would Jack remember her?

Most people would be like WHO?????? What did her face look like?

The odds of this being in the show are 1000000-1.

Cindy being the one is about even money.

I'm sorry, but this would be stupid. Do we even know here name? Boone was the one attempting to rescue her and why would Jack remember her?

Most people would be like WHO?????? What did her face look like?

The odds of this being in the show are 1000000-1.

Cindy being the one is about even money. 

They said her name when it happened I think. She could also identify herself as the one that "drowned."

This would be a good plot move, IMO. The first fatality really isn't one...she was saved by a creature or underwater hatch and has been alone since. What has she seen/experienced in the 40+ days since?

There's no reason to believe Cindy is dead...why would we be surprised she's not?

I think her name was Joanne.

Personally, I think that would be cool. I don't think finding the other girl in the jungle is all that unexpected or suprising. Finding Joanne there would qualify as both of those. And finding out she survived for a while in an underwater hatch until she ran out of food and had to make a break for it would be pretty cool as well.

Here is what spoilerfix says about this.

12/11 - Well, guess which big Lost mystery is finally going to be revealed in episode 13? Yep, HOW Locke became paralyzed. Helen (Katey Sagal) is coming back for the occasion. There's also some news about some kind of underwater somethin' somethin' that may or may not sound like a certain Survivor. I hear the producers have written a new female character who’s describedas an “excitement junkie.” I’m picturing her as a certain TV diva who uses words like “piddlably,” but no word yet on her casting. She will appear in the 13th episode and may be back later on as a recurring character. Someone we thought was dead will be back. She (did I say ‘she’?) will be found in the most delicious of all ways -- by Eko and Sawyer in the middle of the jungle. And this is someone we do not know well at all. Source: Kristin on E!Online

So, given the context of this entire thing, it does seem if there will be an underwater hatch. And that makes Joanne a strong possibility.

However, Kristin from E! has been wrong before, so this could be totally wrong.

I think her name was Joanne.

Personally, I think that would be cool.  I don't think finding the other girl in the jungle is all that unexpected or suprising.  Finding Joanne there would qualify as both of those.  And finding out she survived for a while in an underwater hatch until she ran out of food and had to make a break for it would be pretty cool as well.
:goodposting:
Agreed, if bryhamm's semi-spoiler is indeed true, Cindy would not be surprising at all. I can see Eko and Sawyer now."Wow, we just found Cindy in the middle of the jungle after she went missing in the middle of the jungle. Isn't that surpising, Sawyer?" "Why yes, Eko, it is both surprising and delicious." If we are just discussing the potential spoiler then I think Joanne (pretty sure that was her name) would be a much better story. Anyone else that was dead coming back around would be just silly. Cindy and Joanne are the only people we know that have gone missing/are presumed dead, that could come back. Danielle and all of the kidnapped tailies would, like Cindy, not be surprising to find in the middle of the jungle and would also not be back from the dead.

My only other thought on this is that it wouldn't be surprising to think that Joanne might come back when you think that the drowning story really didn't do much of anything story wise. Jack saved Boone so he would still be alive, but in the larger picture if most of the story we see means something, I don't remember anything coming from that story. Boone and Jack's characters weren't really affected, everybody still disliked Boone (for the water bottle fiasco) and everyone loved Jack.

12/11 - Well, guess which big Lost mystery is finally going to be revealed in episode 13? Yep, HOW Locke became paralyzed. Helen (Katey Sagal) is coming back for the occasion. There's also some news about some kind of underwater somethin' somethin' that may or may not sound like a certain Survivor. I hear the producers have written a new female character who’s describedas an “excitement junkie.” I’m picturing her as a certain TV diva who uses words like “piddlably,” but no word yet on her casting. She will appear in the 13th episode and may be back later on as a recurring character. Someone we thought was dead will be back. She (did I say ‘she’?) will be found in the most delicious of all ways -- by Eko and Sawyer in the middle of the jungle. And this is someone we do not know well at all. Source: Kristin on E!Online

So, given the context of this entire thing, it does seem if there will be an underwater hatch.  And that makes Joanne a strong possibility.

Reading the whole thing now, really makes me back your thought. Like you said there have been leaks before that were wrong, but this could be real as well. [i removed another comment because it could be a spoiler as well - just tired of whiting out.] Who knows and based on the episode number, we are waiting until February anyway.

:lmao: Nice discussion you're having for those of us not reading the spoilers. It's funny seeing all the posts with either just smilies and empty boxes. The uninitiated would have a hard time figuring out what was going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: Nice discussion your having for those of us not reading the spoilers. It's funny seeing all the posts with either just smilies and empty boxes. The uninitiated would have a hard time figuring out what was going on.
There really isn't much to add about the shows that already aired, and we don't get new shows until Jan... so, I don't see how else this thread is active until then.

:lmao:   Nice discussion your having for those of us not reading the spoilers. It's funny seeing all the posts with either just smilies and empty boxes. The uninitiated would have a hard time figuring out what was going on.
There really isn't much to add about the shows that already aired, and we don't get new shows until Jan... so, I don't see how else this thread is active until then.
so are you guys discussing actual spoilers or just theories? Theories are ok to discuss using normal font, no?

:lmao: Nice discussion your having for those of us not reading the spoilers. It's funny seeing all the posts with either just smilies and empty boxes. The uninitiated would have a hard time figuring out what was going on.
It's not the point that there are posts, it was just that if someone just clicked on the last two pages, they would see a bunch of empty posts. There's humor in that to someone like me. Really. There is.

So, given the context of this entire thing, it does seem if there will be an underwater hatch.  And that makes Joanne a strong possibility.

I don't get the piddlably part.

:lmao:   Nice discussion your having for those of us not reading the spoilers. It's funny seeing all the posts with either just smilies and empty boxes. The uninitiated would have a hard time figuring out what was going on.
so are you guys discussing actual spoilers or just theories? Theories are ok to discuss using normal font, no?
It's theories based on spoiler info from Kristen @ E!

It's a potential leak that could be a significant event. Call is an "insider theory."The actual tidbit is a one-liner. The rest is speculation on what that one-liner means.

A couple of spoilers:

What is the 2nd sentence supposed to mean?
Just a clue that the gender is
and that the
body is found "in the middle of the jungle"
bryhamm your quotes are kind of opposites. I will hide my question:
In your initial quote you said someone would come back from the dead, but then you mentioned that her "body is found" which kind of has a she is still dead connotation to it, but that just finding her is the mystery. Did it mention that she was still dead in the place you found the spoilers? Also, I like Hulk's theory even more because finding Cindy in the middle of the jungle would not be much of a surprise.
Sorry, I included the 2nd item not in reference to a body being found, but more in reference to that "fact" that it was a her and where it was located. You bring up a good observation though.

I don't get the piddlably part.
I did a quick Yahoo search on "piddlably" and I don't get it either. One of the two pages where it showed up was the page for the Lost Spoilers we are discussing. I have no clue what it means. Even dictionary.com had no idea and didn't even present a word that looked even close to this.

I liked it better when we did not get full episode leaks, I do not want to read those anymore and now I cannot read any spoilers since they may be referencing those leaks - we need a LOST Leak / Spoiler thread and let people talk there. Granted there will be no new content in this thread until after the next ep airs, but oh well.

I liked it better when we did not get full episode leaks, I do not want to read those anymore and now I cannot read any spoilers since they may be referencing those leaks - we need a LOST Leak / Spoiler thread and let people talk there. Granted there will be no new content in this thread until after the next ep airs, but oh well.
If I post one of those again, I'll be sure to mark it in ALL CAPS and bold the warning as well.

If I post one of those again, I'll be sure to mark it in ALL CAPS and bold the warning as well.
It's ok it was pretty clear what it was, and I knew going into it what it was, it just ruins a lot of the suspense when you watch the show, and I don't want to read about :IBTL: 's

I liked it better when we did not get full episode leaks, I do not want to read those anymore and now I cannot read any spoilers since they may be referencing those leaks - we need a LOST Leak / Spoiler thread and let people talk there.  Granted there will be no new content in this thread until after the next ep airs, but oh well.
It's ok it was pretty clear what it was, and I knew going into it what it was, it just ruins a lot of the suspense when you watch the show, and I don't want to read about :IBTL: 's
I agree with you, though and Hulk said he will do that as well. There is a definite difference between Kristin at E! throwing out a possible spoiler and the spoiler that is a full description of an entire episode before it airs. Who knows if it is true, but there was one before the Season 2 premiere that I resisted reading, but when I went back to check it afterwards, it was dead on, so it definitely would have ruined the premiere.For anyone posting spoilers, please be kind to put a little bit of a description around it. I think most of us don't mind low end spoilers that might tell us a little tidbit that we can overanalyze, but we don't want to ruin actually watching the show itself.

For anyone posting spoilers, please be kind to put a little bit of a description around it. I think most of us don't mind low end spoilers that might tell us a little tidbit that we can overanalyze, but we don't want to ruin actually watching the show itself.
Like this?
The second season should begin to define some of the lesser characters. The sexual tension between Ginger and Mary Ann deserves to be explored in graphic detail. What are their sleeping arrangements exactly? We already know from Season One that Gilligan's a top and Skipper's a bottom; this is the stuff we want to know about the hot chicks on the island. And does anyone really believe Thurston Howell III is as rich as he claims to be? Not me! Otherwise, he'd be hooking up with Ginger instead of with Lovie (unless it's really her money he's been living on the whole time).

It seems that there has been some new information to be discovered at the Hanso Foundation website. As mentioned previously in this thread, the Dharma orientation video could be accessed via a hidden link on this site.

There are now two more pieces of hidden information on the site. If you go to the bio page for Alvar Hanso and mouse over his picture, you will notice two things. First is that the picture is a link; second is that text appears on the right side of the picture.

Clicking on the picture displays a small Flash animation that looks very similar to the end of the last episode ["What Kate Did"]. The exchange, however, is noticably different. The "Who is this?" question is answered with "Mole." instead of "Michael".

If you wait about 15 seconds after the page loads, the text visible on the mouseover replaces, in the form of a letter, what was previously on the page. The letter is from an official at the Global Health Organization to two Hanso Foundation officials. It concerns a donation made by the Foundation to the "defense fund" of the GHO. It also has something to do with the Hanso Life-Extension Project. The only direct connection I could see between the text of letter and the description of the project is the mention of the Hanso Foundation's experimental facility in Zanzibar.

Zanzibar is a set of islands off the eastern coast of Africa.

Island?

Africa [drug smugglers]?

:tinfoilhat:

It seems that there has been some new information to be discovered at the Hanso Foundation website. As mentioned previously in this thread, the Dharma orientation video could be accessed via a hidden link on this site.

There are now two more pieces of hidden information on the site. If you go to the bio page for Alvar Hanso and mouse over his picture, you will notice two things. First is that the picture is a link; second is that text appears on the right side of the picture.

Clicking on the picture displays a small Flash animation that looks very similar to the end of the last episode ["What Kate Did"]. The exchange, however, is noticably different. The "Who is this?" question is answered with "Mole." instead of "Michael".

If you wait about 15 seconds after the page loads, the text visible on the mouseover replaces, in the form of a letter, what was previously on the page. The letter is from an official at the Global Health Organization to two Hanso Foundation officials. It concerns a donation made by the Foundation to the "defense fund" of the GHO. It also has something to do with the Hanso Life-Extension Project. The only direct connection I could see between the text of letter and the description of the project is the mention of the Hanso Foundation's experimental facility in Zanzibar.

Zanzibar is a set of islands off the eastern coast of Africa.

Island?

Africa [drug smugglers]?

:tinfoilhat:
One thing you didn't mention that I found interesting is that both letters are from September/October 2005. So either Hulk's thought about the show being in the future is correct, or the Dharma/Hanso work is still continuing while our survivors are on the island. Based on the state of the facilities, I think that Hulk maybe correct and something happened to the Dharma initiative after 2005 and it isn't really running on the island. On the other hand, it could be an interesting storyline if the experiments are still being observed on the island.Just some interesting food for thought.

One thing you didn't mention that I found interesting is that both letters are from September/October 2005. So either Hulk's thought about the show being in the future is correct, or the Dharma/Hanso work is still continuing while our survivors are on the island. Based on the state of the facilities, I think that Hulk maybe correct and something happened to the Dharma initiative after 2005 and it isn't really running on the island. On the other hand, it could be an interesting storyline if the experiments are still being observed on the island.

Just some interesting food for thought.
Has anybody posited that the show is supposed to be in actual "real time." Meaning that what we see on the island is actually what should be going on right now. Instead of it being in the future the island is actually live and what we do on the message boards and such twists and turns the island in ways that we control. 'We' meaning the posters on the Lost message board.The island in not in the future but it is in real time.

One thing you didn't mention that I found interesting is that both letters are from September/October 2005. So either Hulk's thought about the show being in the future is correct, or the Dharma/Hanso work is still continuing while our survivors are on the island. Based on the state of the facilities, I think that Hulk maybe correct and something happened to the Dharma initiative after 2005 and it isn't really running on the island. On the other hand, it could be an interesting storyline if the experiments are still being observed on the island.

Has anybody posited that the show is supposed to be in actual "real time." Meaning that what we see on the island is actually what should be going on right now. Instead of it being in the future the island is actually live and what we do on the message boards and such twists and turns the island in ways that we control. 'We' meaning the posters on the Lost message board.The island in not in the future but it is in real time.
So you're saying they read the message boards, write the episode, then film it before Tuesday at 9? Each week?

So you're saying they read the message boards, write the episode, then film it before Tuesday at 9? Each week?
No, but havent the writers and such said many times that they are informed of what is theorized and such? I see the show two different ways. The first is that the writers take snipets about what people say and steer clear of what people "think" will happen. Thus, no body ever gets anything right because they write away from what people think will happen. I admit this is a stretch but whatever.Second, I think what we see going on the island is "actually taking place now." Instead of this show happening in the future, what we see is actually going on now. Similar to what happens on Reality TV. We see things but we dont see everything and we see it a few weeks after it takes place. I think the survivors on the Lost island are living their real lives but they are all a part of a reality series that is meant for the people to watch. Much like a Truman Show hybrid type thing.

Users who are viewing this thread