What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (5 Viewers)

It seems that there has been some new information to be discovered at the Hanso Foundation website. As mentioned previously in this thread, the Dharma orientation video could be accessed via a hidden link on this site.

There are now two more pieces of hidden information on the site. If you go to the bio page for Alvar Hanso and mouse over his picture, you will notice two things. First is that the picture is a link; second is that text appears on the right side of the picture.

Clicking on the picture displays a small Flash animation that looks very similar to the end of the last episode ["What Kate Did"]. The exchange, however, is noticably different. The "Who is this?" question is answered with "Mole." instead of "Michael".

If you wait about 15 seconds after the page loads, the text visible on the mouseover replaces, in the form of a letter, what was previously on the page. The letter is from an official at the Global Health Organization to two Hanso Foundation officials. It concerns a donation made by the Foundation to the "defense fund" of the GHO. It also has something to do with the Hanso Life-Extension Project. The only direct connection I could see between the text of letter and the description of the project is the mention of the Hanso Foundation's experimental facility in Zanzibar.

Zanzibar is a set of islands off the eastern coast of Africa.

Island?

Africa [drug smugglers]?

:tinfoilhat:
Zanzibar is a small island off the coast of Tanzania, just south of Kenya, with a population close to a million people. If it is Zanzibar they would have a hard time not being noticed by locals

It seems that there has been some new information to be discovered at the Hanso Foundation website. As mentioned previously in this thread, the Dharma orientation video could be accessed via a hidden link on this site.

There are now two more pieces of hidden information on the site. If you go to the bio page for Alvar Hanso and mouse over his picture, you will notice two things. First is that the picture is a link; second is that text appears on the right side of the picture.

Clicking on the picture displays a small Flash animation that looks very similar to the end of the last episode ["What Kate Did"]. The exchange, however, is noticably different. The "Who is this?" question is answered with "Mole." instead of "Michael".

If you wait about 15 seconds after the page loads, the text visible on the mouseover replaces, in the form of a letter, what was previously on the page. The letter is from an official at the Global Health Organization to two Hanso Foundation officials. It concerns a donation made by the Foundation to the "defense fund" of the GHO. It also has something to do with the Hanso Life-Extension Project. The only direct connection I could see between the text of letter and the description of the project is the mention of the Hanso Foundation's experimental facility in Zanzibar.

Island?

Africa [drug smugglers]?

Zanzibar is a small island off the coast of Tanzania, just south of Kenya, with a population close to a million people. If it is Zanzibar they would have a hard time not being noticed by locals
FWIW, the Wikipedia link above states that Zanzibar is a pair of islands, Zanzibar and Pemba.From what we have seen of the island on the show, it is too small to be either of the main islands in those maps. I don't, however, think its out of the question to imagine that the Hanso Foundation purchased one of the smaller islands around the larger ones.

The real issue with this would be explaining the survivors' and Desmond's travel from the South Pacific to the east coast of Africa without their knowledge. Because of this, I agree its extremely unlikely that they are really in Zanzibar, but it may shed some light on the drug smugglers and how their plane got on the island.

edit: spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing you didn't mention that I found interesting is that both letters are from September/October 2005. So either Hulk's thought about the show being in the future is correct, or the Dharma/Hanso work is still continuing while our survivors are on the island. Based on the state of the facilities, I think that Hulk maybe correct and something happened to the Dharma initiative after 2005 and it isn't really running on the island. On the other hand, it could be an interesting storyline if the experiments are still being observed on the island.

Just some interesting food for thought.
Has anybody posited that the show is supposed to be in actual "real time." Meaning that what we see on the island is actually what should be going on right now. Instead of it being in the future the island is actually live and what we do on the message boards and such twists and turns the island in ways that we control. 'We' meaning the posters on the Lost message board.The island in not in the future but it is in real time.
So you're saying they read the message boards, write the episode, then film it before Tuesday at 9? Each week?
No, but havent the writers and such said many times that they are informed of what is theorized and such? I see the show two different ways. The first is that the writers take snipets about what people say and steer clear of what people "think" will happen. Thus, no body ever gets anything right because they write away from what people think will happen. I admit this is a stretch but whatever.Second, I think what we see going on the island is "actually taking place now." Instead of this show happening in the future, what we see is actually going on now. Similar to what happens on Reality TV. We see things but we dont see everything and we see it a few weeks after it takes place. I think the survivors on the Lost island are living their real lives but they are all a part of a reality series that is meant for the people to watch. Much like a Truman Show hybrid type thing.
I think the Reality TV angle is a bit off. This is a TV Drama where we see the actors off screen in many interviews, so they aren't like Jim Carrey in the Truman Show. I doubt you meant that literally, but I still don't see the connection at all.I do, however, agree with you slightly on the fact that the writers/producers frequent the message boards to see what we think. I just think that the only way things we talk about make it into the show are as small inconsequential bits. For example, not that the writers/producers check out FBGs (although they might ;) ) but I am sure there was a similar discussion on other boards about how new the washer and dryer were down the hatch. A couple weeks later Hurley and Rose have the conversation about the washer/dryer. Now, that could have been planned but it also wouldn't surprise me if they threw us a bone. The scene meant nothing, it was just filler, but for folks like me who noticed the washer/dryer it was almost like an inside joke.

It seems that there has been some new information to be discovered at the Hanso Foundation website.  As mentioned previously in this thread, the Dharma orientation video could be accessed via a hidden link on this site.

There are now two more pieces of hidden information on the site.  If you go to the bio page for Alvar Hanso and mouse over his picture, you will notice two things.  First is that the picture is a link; second is that text appears on the right side of the picture.

Clicking on the picture displays a small Flash animation that looks very similar to the end of the last episode ["What Kate Did"].  The exchange, however, is noticably different.  The "Who is this?" question is answered with "Mole." instead of "Michael".

If you wait about 15 seconds after the page loads, the text visible on the mouseover replaces, in the form of a letter, what was previously on the page.  The letter is from an official at the Global Health Organization to two Hanso Foundation officials.  It concerns a donation made by the Foundation to the "defense fund" of the GHO.  It also has something to do with the Hanso Life-Extension Project.  The only direct connection I could see between the text of letter and the description of the project is the mention of the Hanso Foundation's experimental facility in Zanzibar.

Island?

Africa [drug smugglers]?

FWIW, the Wikipedia link above states that Zanzibar is a pair of islands, Zanzibar and Pemba.From what we have seen of the island on the show, it is too small to be either of the main islands in those maps. I don't, however, think its out of the question to imagine that the Hanso Foundation purchased one of the smaller islands around the larger ones.

The real issue with this would be explaining the survivors' and Desmond's travel from the South Pacific to the east coast of Africa without their knowledge. Because of this, I agree its extremely unlikely that they are really in Zanzibar, but it may shed some light on the drug smugglers and how their plane got on the island.

edit: spelling
Don't forget that the Dharma Initiative is a separate project, so Zanzibar may have nothing to do with our survivors. I think that ABC is just trying to fill out the resume of the Hanso Foundation for us Lost followers that will actually check out that web site. I think the take away is that "the incident" on the island has made the Dharma Initiative no longer an active project and that Hanso basically paid off the WHO with a donation to not poke around too much in their current projects.Damn, this whole Jan. 11th thing sucks... There really isn't much to talk about, so I am just trying to find posts to reply too. :hophead:

When is the show going to resume? This is bull####.
jan. 11 :(

counting down the days myself.
Jesus people, with a show starting in mid-September and ending in mid-to-late May and only having 22 to 24 shows, one has to expect many weeks in a row with repeats...Be patient, it will be here soon...

Okay, here are some episode 11 spoilers I pulled from the ABC boards.

They are overview style spoilers, nothing too involved.

2.11 - The Hunting party (from spoilerfix)

Jack, Locke and Sawyer pursue a determined Michael after he heads into the jungle toward the dreaded "Others" in search of Walt. Meanwhile, Sun has a surprising reaction to Jin's desire to join the search party, and Hurley and Charlie commiserate over the age-old conundrum of "what women want." Monica Dean, Ronald Guttman and John Terry guest star amongst others.

Here comes the funny part: (from "nuff" first-time poster at thefuselage.com, it can be fake info)

"After a heated visit from Rousseau, Eko and Locke go on an important trek to look for a cure for one of the survivors that can only be found in the Dark Territory, but instead the both of them find something no one would expect to see on a remote island; Meanwhile, a myseterious palimpsest is discovered written by a man named Gary Troup, along with files and records on Giovanni Bombello, a name which one of the survivors recognize all too well."

I smelled fake info, BUT! (from LA Times):

"One of the characters in the story-line dies when the plane itself crashes en route to Los Angeles. The character's name is Gary Troup. He's a victim of the crash and as such is not an actant. However, he did write a spy novel that the characters in "Lost" will find on the same day that the book is published by Disney under the Hyperion label. What troubles Ulin is that an authentic artifact, the novel, will be produced and distributed in the world market: "This is how we live now, in a world where everything is commodified and the bottom line has become the bottom line."

and (from spoilerfix):

This episode features two guest stars, a wealthy middle aged Italian man and a gorgeous Italian woman who may possibly recur.

I just watched the last new episode last night and was wondering if anyone speculated in here why Sayid might have been on the television when Kate went to visit her father?I don't feel like reading all of the stuff since the new episode two weeks ago...

I don't think anyone had a solid answer as to why. I'm guessing him getting caught made the news.
It almost seems like they did that similar to Hurley, but I agree it really didn't make sense.They nab him and use him as an operative to get into a terrorist cell because he knows one of the guys. After he does the work they put him on the plane to LA. First, it would have been dumb to put his capture on the news and then use him as an operative. Gee, maybe the guys in the cell might have known that he was let out to be an informant. Second, after the operation was over, there weren't any film crews around and they took him to the airport (I think, don't remember the timeframe). Anyway, it didn't make sense unless it was just a random shot, i.e. a news crew at the airport for some story and maybe they saw him get questioned after Shannon reported him?

[QUOTE=']
Cowboys#1 said:
Misfit said:
When is the show going to resume?  This is bull####.
jan. 11 :(

counting down the days myself.
Jesus people, with a show starting in mid-September and ending in mid-to-late May and only having 22 to 24 shows, one has to expect many weeks in a row with repeats...Be patient, it will be here soon...

[/QUOTE]I agree, but isn't this the place to ##### about stuff?What surprised me was that they only got through 9 shows in the Fall and that means about 15 shows in the Spring. It just seemed a little off to me, although now that I think about it, they could be doing those 2 hour finale episodes and considering them multiple episodes in one night.

I don't think anyone had a solid answer as to why. I'm guessing him getting caught made the news.
It almost seems like they did that similar to Hurley, but I agree it really didn't make sense.They nab him and use him as an operative to get into a terrorist cell because he knows one of the guys. After he does the work they put him on the plane to LA. First, it would have been dumb to put his capture on the news and then use him as an operative. Gee, maybe the guys in the cell might have known that he was let out to be an informant. Second, after the operation was over, there weren't any film crews around and they took him to the airport (I think, don't remember the timeframe). Anyway, it didn't make sense unless it was just a random shot, i.e. a news crew at the airport for some story and maybe they saw him get questioned after Shannon reported him?
But the Hurley TV shot was when he won the lottery (which was a future flashback story), I wonder if the shot of Sayid will be something similar?Also I wonder, has there been a flashback episode of when Sawyer was arrested and he was taken to a jail and went by a seated Boone whom was talking with a detective or did I imagine that last year?

Yeah, the timeline of things kinda prevents this from being possible also, as Kate was on the run for a significant period of time beyond when Sayid was on the tv there.Maybe he was on tv for some yet unknown reason?

'][QUOTE=Cowboys#1][QUOTE=Misfit]When is the show going to resume?  This is bull####. [/QUOTE]jan. 11 :( counting down the days myself. [/QUOTE]Jesus people said:
January = 15 new LOST episodes, 24 new 24 episodes, and 10 new Battlestar Galatica episodes. This makes me :D

I just watched the last new episode last night and was wondering if anyone speculated in here why Sayid might have been on the television when Kate went to visit her father?

I don't feel like reading all of the stuff since the new episode two weeks ago...
[/QUOTE]It almost seems like they did that similar to Hurley, but I agree it really didn't make sense.They nab him and use him as an operative to get into a terrorist cell because he knows one of the guys. After he does the work they put him on the plane to LA. First, it would have been dumb to put his capture on the news and then use him as an operative. Gee, maybe the guys in the cell might have known that he was let out to be an informant. Second, after the operation was over, there weren't any film crews around and they took him to the airport (I think, don't remember the timeframe). Anyway, it didn't make sense unless it was just a random shot, i.e. a news crew at the airport for some story and maybe they saw him get questioned after Shannon reported him?

[/QUOTE]But the Hurley TV shot was when he won the lottery (which was a future flashback story), I wonder if the shot of Sayid will be something similar?Also I wonder, has there been a flashback episode of when Sawyer was arrested and he was taken to a jail and went by a seated Boone whom was talking with a detective or did I imagine that last year?

[/QUOTE]Who knows. The Hurley one made sense because it could be easy to see Japan running a quick news blurb about a Californian winning a huge lottery (remember Hurley says he is worth $150+ million so he probably won a $300+ million lottery which could be close to a record), but the Sayid one with his flashback story line really doesn't. In fact we saw the news crews interview Hurley a couple times. I think that is the main difference.Yes, there was a flashback episode last season with that although it was more of a run-in that had no real significance. Just showing how the survivors did "run" into each other before the flight.

'][QUOTE=Cowboys#1][QUOTE=Misfit]When is the show going to resume?  This is bull####. [/QUOTE]jan. 11 :( counting down the days myself. [/QUOTE]Jesus people said:
January = 15 new LOST episodes, 24 new 24 episodes, and 10 new Battlestar Galatica episodes. This makes me :D
Those are probably the 3 shows I look forward to the most. I just wish SciFi had an HD network or that they re-ran them on NBC (since NBC owns Universal, which owns SciFi). They show Galactica in wide screen format, so it is kind of a shame to not see it in HD. Lost and 24 do such a good job with the HD picture and dolby digital sound, that watching the shows is really cool.

Who knows. The Hurley one made sense because it could be easy to see Japan running a quick news blurb about a Californian winning a huge lottery (remember Hurley says he is worth $150+ million so he probably won a $300+ million lottery which could be close to a record), but the Sayid one with his flashback story line really doesn't. In fact we saw the news crews interview Hurley a couple times. I think that is the main difference.

Yes, there was a flashback episode last season with that although it was more of a run-in that had no real significance. Just showing how the survivors did "run" into each other before the flight.
From a timeline perspective, the only thing that makes sense is that Sayid's arrest in an airport [Heathrow], right before he was recruited as an operative, was caught on film. I can’t remember if it was said explicitly or not, but I think Kate may have gone to Australia after meeting with her [non-biological] father. The time she spent in Australia on the farm likely matches the time Sayid spent as an "undercover terrorist".I guess you have to figure that, after 9/11, the arrest of a Muslim man from the Middle East in an airport would be something the news would want to show.

Although I typed all this out, then went to find some screen captures of both the television and Sayid in the airport, and found this:

television

airport

When Sayid was brought to meet the CIA and British Intelligence agents, he was wearing a blue shirt with a black undershirt. When he appeared on the tv, it looks like he was wearing a green shirt with a green undershirt. Also, his hair was pulled back in the airport, but not on the tv. They did say he was held for 18 hours, but I don’t know why they would make him change his clothes.

The only explanation I can think of is that it wasn’t the first time he was held in an airport. He was traveling a lot to try to find that woman, so maybe he was detained elsewhere as well?

Who knows. The Hurley one made sense because it could be easy to see Japan running a quick news blurb about a Californian winning a huge lottery (remember Hurley says he is worth $150+ million so he probably won a $300+ million lottery which could be close to a record), but the Sayid one with his flashback story line really doesn't. In fact we saw the news crews interview Hurley a couple times. I think that is the main difference.

Yes, there was a flashback episode last season with that although it was more of a run-in that had no real significance. Just showing how the survivors did "run" into each other before the flight.
From a timeline perspective, the only thing that makes sense is that Sayid's arrest in an airport [Heathrow], right before he was recruited as an operative, was caught on film. I can’t remember if it was said explicitly or not, but I think Kate may have gone to Australia after meeting with her [non-biological] father. The time she spent in Australia on the farm likely matches the time Sayid spent as an "undercover terrorist".I guess you have to figure that, after 9/11, the arrest of a Muslim man from the Middle East in an airport would be something the news would want to show.

Although I typed all this out, then went to find some screen captures of both the television and Sayid in the airport, and found this:

television

airport

When Sayid was brought to meet the CIA and British Intelligence agents, he was wearing a blue shirt with a black undershirt. When he appeared on the tv, it looks like he was wearing a green shirt with a green undershirt. Also, his hair was pulled back in the airport, but not on the tv. They did say he was held for 18 hours, but I don’t know why they would make him change his clothes.

The only explanation I can think of is that it wasn’t the first time he was held in an airport. He was traveling a lot to try to find that woman, so maybe he was detained elsewhere as well?
Good snooping. I think the producers got caught trying to be cute like they did with Hurley and made a mistake. It happens, the folks making Lost aren't perfect and they will have some mistakes.I do think that their editing is top notch because for the amount of time some :nerd:s sit in front of their Tivo or on their computer analyzing screenshots, it is pretty amazing how few glitches in the Lost Matrix have been found. Maybe I have missed notes about them, but they seem to really spend time in the editing room making sure they didn't mess up timelines etc. That also leads me to assume (or hope) that these guys really do have their act/story together up until the end of the series and are just filling in storylines as they get us to the series finale.

television

airport

Good snooping. I think the producers got caught trying to be cute like they did with Hurley and made a mistake. It happens, the folks making Lost aren't perfect and they will have some mistakes.I do think that their editing is top notch because for the amount of time some :nerd:s sit in front of their Tivo or on their computer analyzing screenshots, it is pretty amazing how few glitches in the Lost Matrix have been found. Maybe I have missed notes about them, but they seem to really spend time in the editing room making sure they didn't mess up timelines etc. That also leads me to assume (or hope) that these guys really do have their act/story together up until the end of the series and are just filling in storylines as they get us to the series finale.
Wait a sec... What was the episode last year that Shannon had Sayid arrested at the airport for leaving his suitcase with her while he went and did something? That was the only time I remember him being in an airport (and getting arrested). Wasn't that like a day before the plane crash? If so, there is no way that Kate's flashback with her dad (and Sayid on the TV) can be the same...If my memory isn't failing me...

'][QUOTE=stbugs][QUOTE=Dr. van Nostrand][QUOTE=stbugs]Who knows. The Hurley one made sense because it could be easy to see Japan running a quick news blurb about a Californian winning a huge lottery (remember Hurley says he is worth $150+ million so he probably won a $300+ million lottery which could be close to a record) said:

television

airport

[/QUOTE]Wait a sec... What was the episode last year that Shannon had Sayid arrested at the airport for leaving his suitcase with her while he went and did something? That was the only time I remember him being in an airport (and getting arrested). Wasn't that like a day before the plane crash? If so, there is no way that Kate's flashback with her dad (and Sayid on the TV) can be the same...If my memory isn't failing me...

[/QUOTE]You are mixing up the two times Sayid was in an airport. First time was in London (I don't really remember this, going on Nostrand's post), where he was actually arrested and then he helped the FBI/CIA/Australian Gov't/? to nab his friend and terrorist buddies before they blew something up.We don't really know how long that took between arrest and his buddy blowing his head off, after which Sayid went to the Sydney airport to fly to LA. He also wasn't arrested in Sydney, they just questioned him because of Shannon but as we know they probably just checked his bag and then he still got on the flight.

The timelines can still work since Kate got arrested by the Marshall soon after her visit with her Dad. She then spent a couple months at that farmer's house, so it could have matched the time Sayid was undercover.

There's been some well-supported conjecture here that Lost is taking place in the future (possibly 2009). This speculation may be common knowledge for websurfing Lost geeks who study screenshots...but not common knowledge for the average viewer.

It would be nice if the show's producers throw us a bone at the end of Season Two and at the same time serve as a "WTF?" ending to an episode for those who haven't been following this theory. An innocent conversation could reveal this twist quite easily, with some character referring to an event in his or her past and tying a year to it.

Hurley: "Hey, Locke! We found some bottles of wine in the Dharma station...want some?"

Locke: "Never touch the stuff. I haven't had a drink since New Year's Eve...2007."

Most viewers: :confused: :eek: :shock: :excited:

Us: :yes: ;) :thumbup: :hifive:

There's been some well-supported conjecture here that Lost is taking place in the future (possibly 2009). This speculation may be common knowledge for websurfing Lost geeks who study screenshots...but not common knowledge for the average viewer.

It would be nice if the show's producers throw us a bone at the end of Season Two and at the same time serve as a "WTF?" ending to an episode for those who haven't been following this theory. An innocent conversation could reveal this twist quite easily, with some character referring to an event in his or her past and tying a year to it.

Hurley: "Hey, Locke! We found some bottles of wine in the Dharma station...want some?"

Locke: "Never touch the stuff. I haven't had a drink since New Year's Eve...2007."

Most viewers: :confused: :eek: :shock: :excited:

Us: :yes: ;) :thumbup: :hifive:
I think Hulk might pass out due to excitement if that happened! :D

Since we have plenty of time before we get some new info, could anyone summarize this speculation?

Since we have plenty of time before we get some new info, could anyone summarize this speculation?
Hulk? Someone called your number.

I watched the re-run of the other 48 days last night (nothing on after my kids were asleep). I paid special attention to the crash right at the beginning and it was very obvious that Libby, Anna, Eko and Cindy were in the water right at the point of the crash, so Eko and Libby were definitely on the plane.Also, I checked out the scene where Cindy goes missing because people mentioned that Libby had her bag so she might be bad. I saw Libby take a couple bags (she and Cindy were the last two) and put them up on the ledge and then you see her climb up and then Cindy is gone. It looked to me like both of them took off their bags and Libby put them up and she climbed up first. You never saw Libby and Cindy both off camera, so I didn't see any opportunity for Libby to have done something.Anyway, just thought I would throw those observations out there.

Use the search thread button for "timeline" or "2009"

I watched the re-run of the other 48 days last night (nothing on after my kids were asleep). I paid special attention to the crash right at the beginning and it was very obvious that Libby, Anna, Eko and Cindy were in the water right at the point of the crash, so Eko and Libby were definitely on the plane.

Also, I checked out the scene where Cindy goes missing because people mentioned that Libby had her bag so she might be bad. I saw Libby take a couple bags (she and Cindy were the last two) and put them up on the ledge and then you see her climb up and then Cindy is gone. It looked to me like both of them took off their bags and Libby put them up and she climbed up first. You never saw Libby and Cindy both off camera, so I didn't see any opportunity for Libby to have done something.

Anyway, just thought I would throw those observations out there.
I watched last night too and also paid attention to the scene where Cindy goes missing. It looks like she was to be the last one up the cliff when they were passing Sawyer up in the stretcher. You see Ana Lucia help Libby up the side of the tree roots and then AL notices Cindy is missing and wants to go back down to find her, but Eko stops her.

:sigh:I asked for a summary to get a discussion going. It would be best to get it from the horse's mouth, so to speak, to avoid any ommisions or mistakes, but I guess I can try to throw something together.

The other thing I was interested in was the screen capture of the calendar. IIRC, I wasnt able to make out any months or numbers on it, but it seemed others, including you, could. I was hoping someone else would link a large/high-res version of it.

:sigh:I asked for a summary to get a discussion going. It would be best to get it from the horse's mouth, so to speak, to avoid any ommisions or mistakes, but I guess I can try to throw something together.

The other thing I was interested in was the screen capture of the calendar. IIRC, I wasnt able to make out any months or numbers on it, but it seemed others, including you, could. I was hoping someone else would link a large/high-res version of it.
Fine, I'll find it and repost it. :angry: FYI, I couldn't read the months on the calandar. But I could extrapolate which months they were based on the ammount of days, and which year they were based on when those days fell.

Fine, I'll find it and repost it. :angry:

FYI, I couldn't read the months on the calandar. But I could extrapolate which months they were based on the ammount of days, and which year they were based on when those days fell.
Oh, I thought there was an original post, but many posts afterwards. In other words, there was no single place to look, but that there was probably someone who remembered all, or at least most, of it.

Calendar

This calendar was on the wall of the train station in "What Kate Did". I won't repeat my analysis, but rather give people a chance to draw their own conclusions from it. You can figure out which 3 months they are based on the number of days, and you can figure out the possible years its from based on the which dates fall on which days.

Poster

The poster in this picture (Michael flashback when he was injured, and Walt was 2 or 3. Occupational Therapy Month 2000. Either it was a mistake, or it was intentional.

I tend to think this is intentional. The writers/producers have said in interviews that the set people are extra vigilant, and they need to make certain that everything is correct in every scene. Also, in a different interview, they said that although people assumed the show takes place in present time, that may or may not be true, as the show hasn't revealed any timeline at all. I have no idea where those interviews are though :shrug:

Anyway, all of this leads me to believe that the show is set in the not too distant future, not present time.

ETA: it appears LOST media is temporarily down. :hot:

A summary show will air in the hour prior to the new show on Jan 11th:

Lost: RevelationOriginal air date: January 11, 2006 Recap Episode This episode has yet to air. The official description for this episode, as found on ABC's website is:Discover the complete story of the grueling first 48 days on the island for the fuselage survivors and tailies after the crash of Oceanic flight 815Discover the complete story of the grueling first 48 days on the island for the fuselage survivors and tailies after the crash of Oceanic flight 815. Since the beginning, "Lost" has mystified and intrigued viewers with its interesting characters and unique style of storytelling. Season One dealt with the fuselage survivors, the hatch and a failed attempt to get off the island. Season Two continues these stories and also introduces viewers to the survivors of the tail section. "Lost: Revelation" puts these two seasons together in a linear fashion that provides an illuminating view on one compelling story. See the sequence of the aftermath of the failed raft attempt, the opening of the hatch, how the tail section and fuselage survivors lived separately and the unwitting intersections of their lives, and how both groups ultimately collided in one catastrophic moment. "Lost: Revelation" offers new and avid viewers a fresh perspective, comprehensive and enlightening, in one of television's most intriguing series. Source: ABCandSpoilerfix.com

A summary show will air in the hour prior to the new show on Jan 11th:

Lost: Revelation

Original air date: January 11, 2006

Recap Episode

This episode has yet to air. The official description for this episode, as found on ABC's website is:Discover the complete story of the grueling first 48 days on the island for the fuselage survivors and tailies after the crash of Oceanic flight 815

Discover the complete story of the grueling first 48 days on the island for the fuselage survivors and tailies after the crash of Oceanic flight 815. Since the beginning, "Lost" has mystified and intrigued viewers with its interesting characters and unique style of storytelling. Season One dealt with the fuselage survivors, the hatch and a failed attempt to get off the island. Season Two continues these stories and also introduces viewers to the survivors of the tail section. "Lost: Revelation" puts these two seasons together in a linear fashion that provides an illuminating view on one compelling story. See the sequence of the aftermath of the failed raft attempt, the opening of the hatch, how the tail section and fuselage survivors lived separately and the unwitting intersections of their lives, and how both groups ultimately collided in one catastrophic moment. "Lost: Revelation" offers new and avid viewers a fresh perspective, comprehensive and enlightening, in one of television's most intriguing series. Source: ABCandSpoilerfix.com
Whew, I was worried for a second that Jan. 11th would just be a recap episode.I watched the recap episode in Season 1 and unless I have nothing else to do at all, I will probably skip this one. The recap was probably good for people that haven't watched every episode or don't think/talk about the show as much as we do. ;)

BTW, in case you hadn't heard, Kristen recanted her last spoiler.

Right, it's unfortunately not true. I got some bad info regarding a female character returning, and I truly apologize!

This show is about one more bad episode away from losing my viewership. I've never missed one - it's Tivo loaded and locked. The introduciton of the tailies has been a power drain for me. The psychologist is weak, Adibesi is...well...Adibesi. The Mexican girl is in her normal role as borderline bull-dyke tough chick and bores me to tears. No hot chicks. No interesting characters in the tailies. Sure, Adibesi had some of the missing tape but they could have introduced that in any number of ways. They had a good thing going with the main group and overdid it by introducing so many new characters - compound this with the numerous interruptions and the fact that the mystery of the "Monster" has been put on hold and it's hard for me to stay awake through an episode.

Just got done with the box set and used iTunes to get all the season two episodes. This show is phenomenal. I haven't looked forward to the next episode of a TV show this much since the first season of 24. I don't know if I want to spend a ton of time in the spoilers thread but it seems like you guys have been good about posting warnings, and I want to :blackdot: this for when new episodes come out.

This show is about one more bad episode away from losing my viewership.

I've never missed one - it's Tivo loaded and locked.

The introduciton of the tailies has been a power drain for me. The psychologist is weak, Adibesi is...well...Adibesi. The Mexican girl is in her normal role as borderline bull-dyke tough chick and bores me to tears. No hot chicks. No interesting characters in the tailies.

Sure, Adibesi had some of the missing tape but they could have introduced that in any number of ways.

They had a good thing going with the main group and overdid it by introducing so many new characters - compound this with the numerous interruptions and the fact that the mystery of the "Monster" has been put on hold and it's hard for me to stay awake through an episode.
I disagree. Something about the new blonde chick I find very hot.

This show is about one more bad episode away from losing my viewership.

I've never missed one - it's Tivo loaded and locked.

The introduciton of the tailies has been a power drain for me. The psychologist is weak, Adibesi is...well...Adibesi. The Mexican girl is in her normal role as borderline bull-dyke tough chick and bores me to tears. No hot chicks. No interesting characters in the tailies.

Sure, Adibesi had some of the missing tape but they could have introduced that in any number of ways.

They had a good thing going with the main group and overdid it by introducing so many new characters - compound this with the numerous interruptions and the fact that the mystery of the "Monster" has been put on hold and it's hard for me to stay awake through an episode.
I disagree. Something about the new blonde chick I find very hot.
I agree and to be honest, we have known about the tailies since the beginning. It was about episode 2 when Rose said to Jack that her husband was still alive so unless you weren't paying attention, at some point other flight 815 survivors were there. That and Boone's radio message pretty much solidified it.

The last two hours of tv was good tv. Two weeks left before a new show. From the previews it seems Echo encounters the Monster. Echo also wants to see the plane that had the drugs. Hopefully it is Echo's show in two weeks.

Does anyone know of any good screen-caps of Rousseau's maps of the island? Or maybe some fan's map [like they did with Desmond's bunker]?The screen-caps on Lost-Media aren't that great.

Does anyone know of any good screen-caps of Rousseau's maps of the island? Or maybe some fan's map [like they did with Desmond's bunker]?

The screen-caps on Lost-Media aren't that great.
I found this set of maps. It doesnt look like there is any spoiler information, but I dont know anything about the site.

In looking through all the maps on that site, I kept coming across the depictions of drains on one of the sides of the island. At first I was worried that it may have been some sort of spoiler information, but it actually isnt.

I didnt read the Season 1 thread, so you may have already discussed it, but there are drains in the side of one of the mountains. They are briefly visible to Michael, Jin, Saywer, and Walt when they are travelling on the raft.

Does anyone know of any good screen-caps of Rousseau's maps of the island?  Or maybe some fan's map [like they did with Desmond's bunker]?

The screen-caps on Lost-Media aren't that great.
I found this set of maps. It doesnt look like there is any spoiler information, but I dont know anything about the site.
Pirates?

Calendar

This calendar was on the wall of the train station in "What Kate Did". I won't repeat my analysis, but rather give people a chance to draw their own conclusions from it. You can figure out which 3 months they are based on the number of days, and you can figure out the possible years its from based on the which dates fall on which days.

Poster

The poster in this picture (Michael flashback when he was injured, and Walt was 2 or 3. Occupational Therapy Month 2000. Either it was a mistake, or it was intentional.

I tend to think this is intentional. The writers/producers have said in interviews that the set people are extra vigilant, and they need to make certain that everything is correct in every scene. Also, in a different interview, they said that although people assumed the show takes place in present time, that may or may not be true, as the show hasn't revealed any timeline at all. I have no idea where those interviews are though :shrug:

Anyway, all of this leads me to believe that the show is set in the not too distant future, not present time.

ETA: it appears LOST media is temporarily down. :hot:
Here is some more date-related info. Im not sure if they provide any evidence for either side of this, though.Right before Kate tries to leave the farm in Australia, we see jars labeled 2003. Also, although lost-media doesnt have a screen-cap of it, the shelf below the one in the picture has jars with 2004 on the label [i just watched Tabula Rasa (1x03)]. Kate was on the farm for almost 3 months before she tried to "escape". Although its not explicitly said, we're led to believe that she got on the plane days later.

The letter Sawyer writes to the real Saywer was in a Bicentennial envelope. Assuming he was 7 when he wrote the letter, he would be 35 in 2004 or 38/39 in 2007/2008. The gap in age really isnt large enough to notice though, so this probably doesnt help either side of the argument.

So while those two pieces of info dont tell us very much, I stumbled across this post from another board:

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/lostPills.jpg?P...279e849c469987b

People are always looking for items with dates on them to help determine the timeline of LOST. After enlarging an image of a pill bottle, it appears that Christian's prescription was filled in 9/05/2004 or 9/08/2004, which would mean Flight 815 left sometime after those dates.

Sledgeweb's homepage

Shannon says she is 20 at the island, and we do know that Boone is 2 years older.

(based at the information we got that boones mom and shannons dad married when shannon was 8 and boone was 10) And we could investigate some more..This ID shows that Boone is born 1981.

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/booneLicense.jp...279e849c469987b

So if boone is born october 1981, and is in fact 22 years old, that makes us 2003-2004, depending on when the plane aired.
Edit to give credit where credit is due. The first two pieces of info [the farm and the letter] were not found by me, but were mentioned in the thread refrenced above. [Although I did watch Tabula Rasa and found the lost-media screen-caps.]

Users who are viewing this thread