What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (6 Viewers)

So... nanobots don't like to kill people who may or may not have a soul?I think the writers are having too much fun with those heroin baggies.

That guy who plays Eko needs to clear his awards shelf off -- he's tremendous.
Agreed. That was an outstanding episode -- much better than the last one which I thought was the weakest of the series run to date. Eko is an outstanding character and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje does a sensational job of creating a multi-layered character who isn't what he seems to be. A very interesting episode about the ties that bind "families" together (from Eko and his brother to the two factions of survivors coming together) and how tenuous those relationships can often be (as evidenced by Claire and Charlie's "break up").

I think the smoke monster ("Security System") has something to do with the Others and their taking of "good people".Remember it tried to drag Locke underground, but all it did was scan Eko and left him alone. The Others already tried to eliminate Eko once, and now want nothing to do with him.

I know it's a little bit of a strecth but since Eko is claiming to be a priest does that mean he's another character with a father issue.

So:After all these episodes, we know the following:Just about all of these people have non-normal lives;Somehow, no matter how small of a connection, each individual that we have been introduced to as more then just an extra playing the sand, has a connection to as least one other character in some manner, or the island in some manner, or the possible people that are currently on the island in some manner;There are some funky numbers which repeat on us about as much as that thing that McDonald's calls a "Big Mac";There was some kind of big corporation experiment, scientific study, weapons program, research bubbble, thing going on there and it may or may not be going on at the moment.Am I missing anything?I think my wife hit the nail on the head tonight - this show is the biggest c***-tease on network television in quite some time. Being a married woman, she has some expertise in that area.

So then who did that fake eye belong to?
Stuart Scott?Seriously though... Who do you think Michael was talking to on the computer? Can't be Walt. Not to mention that whole computer communication is a little far fetched. Hopefully they weren't communicating through FFToday.

Charlie seems to have more issues then we knew. I wonder if he is on the sauce, or just collecting it "in case"?

I think the black smoke was intimidated by Eco, we need to find out more about that, as well as the polar bear(?) and the numbers, and the holes in the ground.

I dont think to highly, but your statement poses an interesting topic. Which characters know or have had indirect interaction with each other?We have yet to see who Rose and her husband might have run into. That is if Rose was not in the hospital in the one screen shot... meaning her husband was the patient.Have we possibly seen the guy in the video before in one of the Sun and Jin's episodes?Who else?

I think well def see that asian in the vid in a sun and jin ep in the future...watch.
I would agree but I dont think they "know" him. Like a Shannon/Sayid interaction or a Kate/Sayid type thing. Maybe the video guy was in business with Sun's dad and maybe Sun met him briefly. Have the other episodes been combed over? Probably, but I wonder.

He should have already won a couple of Emmies for his work on Oz. Too bad the subject matter scared away the awards panel.

He should have already won a couple of Emmies for his work on Oz. Too bad the subject matter scared away the awards panel.
Well that problem is solved. If he keeps up this level of work he'll be getting recognized.

AWESOME EPISODE!!!!!!!!!I want screen shots of what was in that black smoke. I thought I saw a woman. I also would have liked to have seen the end of what Walt? was typing. I think it said "You need to con" then it cut away when the doctor walked in :wall: I wish I could see next weeks now.

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing more analysis on the black cloud.I just went back in with my DVR and slowed it down frame by frame and it was interesting to say the least. Looked like (not in this order): the guy he shot when he was a kid, maybe his brother, some other scenes from his life, perhaps his parents?, a shot of the church, another kid who looked like Walt or someone roughly that age, a woman, his brother, the guy with the gold tooth, and finally the last image that was shown in what must have been "his life flashing before him" was......a Crucifix, complete with Jesus and everything. Really was quite interesting. I'm sure someone will post shots of it tomorrow. But I thought I'd give a quick preview for anyone trolling this board tonight.

AWESOME EPISODE!!!!!!!!!

I want screen shots of what was in that black smoke. I thought I saw a woman. I also would have liked to have seen the end of what Walt? was typing. I think it said "You need to con" then it cut away when the doctor walked in :wall:

I wish I could see next weeks now.
I thought it was an "m" -> You need to com[e] ...

AWESOME EPISODE!!!!!!!!!

I want screen shots of what was in that black smoke. I thought I saw a woman. I also would have liked to have seen the end of what Walt? was typing. I think it said "You need to con" then it cut away when the doctor walked in :wall:

I wish I could see next weeks now.
I thought it was an "m" -> You need to com[e] ...
That's what I thought.

Why does the missing film say you can't use the computer for anything except entering the #s

Michael uses it before he knows he can't. It gives him the best scenario, that he wants, conversing w/Walt.

Is this going to be another man vs computer theme?

Why does the missing film say you can't use the computer for anything except entering the #s

Michael uses it before he knows he can't. It gives him the best scenario, that he wants, conversing w/Walt.

Is this going to be another man vs computer theme?
Probably to avoid infiltration somehow.

Which would lead me to believe this whole #### was planned...somehow all these guys were possibly manipulated into being on that plane.

Which would lead me to believe this whole #### was planned...somehow all these guys were possibly manipulated into being on that plane.
Sorry, we already discussed this IN DEPTH. It's not a Dharma logo, it's a shape/logo that is on found on planes.

If you search around that site some more you come across This pic is that the dharma logo on the crashed plane?
Holy crap.... never saw that before.
doesn't look like the same plane on the beach though... :shrug:

ETA:

looking at the picture, it appears walt is walking on a wing that is still attached to the plane. I don't remember any shots from the begining where the plane was that intact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone wonder why Roses husband can't recall his name right now. Was in a plane seat in the tree. In the fist repeat/review episode he was going to the bathroom. A fact I had fogotten.

Anyone wonder why Roses husband can't recall his name right now. Was in a plane seat in the tree. In the fist repeat/review episode he was going to the bathroom. A fact I had fogotten.
If he had a seat next to Rose [which we dont know for sure], he probably did the same thing Charlie did. He was in the bathroom or waiting in line, then turbulence hit, so he just grabbed a seat.His name is Bernard by the way.

Boring episode but Eko made the whole episode. Thats what a great actor does and he is the definition of a great actor. Who wouldve thought my favorite character on this show wouldnt even appear in season 1.

Just like Goodwin was..... :rolleyes:
Ana Lucia pointed out that Goodwin appeared from the jungle 10 minutes after the crash.
True, but do you think she saw EVERYBODY that came out of the water? Or that went into it?
No but we did
And you saw them all come out of the tail end of the plane?
Cabeel, I am sort of with you on this. IIRC, we first see him on the beach. We do not see Eko emerging from the water with the others. In an island/show that is filled with coincidences, I find it pretty damn incredible that a Nigerian priest is not somehow connected to the drug smuggler's body, who just happened to be a priest from Nigeria. By the clips for the next episode, they are confronting this all. Perhaps he had been in hiding after the drug plane crashed, perhaps as a result of a Dharma experiment, and arrived on the scene moments after the Tailies crashed?
One other possiblity.He was on the tail section, but is connected to the drug plane. Someone he knows was on it, or he was involved in the smuggling operation but not actually on the plane?
:graduate:

One of my co-workers insists that Eko misquoted the 23rd Psalm, switching "shadow" and "valley". Did anyone catch this? Is there any significance, or is it just screwed up lines? I'll go back and look at it when I get home tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread