Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series

I sensed a little hesitation from Gordon the Fisherman when Ethan was mentioned. Maybe Ethan wasn't part of their group?

I think he was but I also think Jack struck a nerve. I don't know if The Others are quite as powerful as they appear to be. I think they want to put on a good show to scare Jack and the others into believing they're in a no-win situation when that may not really be the case.

Bingo. He sure seemed to really want weapons.

He has a Luger. I think they need weapons.

I really liked Jack trying to call the boatman out on bluffing. I just wish he had been right. I would have loved it if the boatman had no one helping him and Jack was right.Train an army is way ####### cool.Hurley planning on putting the moves on the girl was funny.

Would it be too much of a reach to guess that who she was cheating with is somebody already on the show?

Thinking the same but we dont know anybody who cheated in the past.

Sawyer's the logical choice. Remember, his MO as a con man was to scheme wives with rich husbands. Jack likely was earning some good coin as a surgeon.

Jack's father called him an Intern.

He called him Chief Resident tonight. :shrug:

You are right. I just meant he's not a doctor yet so probably not rich.

I sensed a little hesitation from Gordon the Fisherman when Ethan was mentioned. Maybe Ethan wasn't part of their group?

I think he was but I also think Jack struck a nerve. I don't know if The Others are quite as powerful as they appear to be. I think they want to put on a good show to scare Jack and the others into believing they're in a no-win situation when that may not really be the case.

Bingo. He sure seemed to really want weapons.

He has a Luger. I think they need weapons.

Yup, that's the feeling I got as well. He clearly flinched when Jack tried to call him on his bluff.

Does anyone know of any good screen-caps of Rousseau's maps of the island? Or maybe some fan's map [like they did with Desmond's bunker]?

The screen-caps on Lost-Media aren't that great.

I found this set of maps. It doesnt look like there is any spoiler information, but I dont know anything about the site.

Could this be the"shadow of the valley" Eko & Charlie spoke of.

Dr. v N I watched the repeat tonight and yes they did say "shadow of the valley".

When I posted this I was wondering if they were refering to the valley in your map.

Does the monster live in the valley? Thats the only place we see it, according to your map.

"Zeke" knows or knows of Hanso!

From the Hanso Foundation website:

From the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity. Our most precious gift, without exception, is the desire to know more - to look beyond what is accepted as the truth and to imagine what is possible.

:shock:

Kate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gabriella

(Gabriella + Kate) >>>>>>> Gabriella > Kate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hurley

(Gabriella + Kate) >>>>>>> Gabriella > Kate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hurley

Thanks for the laugh. :thumbup:

:goodposting: Can't believe all the people jumping ship on Kate. :angry:

14 Nov 2005?

At least I think it's a 5 [ :banned: ].  It's definately 200X.

Better screen cap

16 Nov 2005

:unsure:

There is no tumor there. Just some L5-S1 degenerative disk disease. And you would rather have an MRI, not a CT. At least they didn't hang it upside down. :endrant:

Would it kill these guys to resolve a subplot? I think I'm going to have to take a break, I'm finally burned out on this show.

14 Nov 2005?

At least I think it's a 5 [ :banned: ]. It's definately 200X.

Better screen cap

16 Nov 2005

RedSox won the World Series on 10/27/2004.

White Sox won it on 10/27/2005.

"That's why the Sox will never win the Series"

Really bad slip up here. :hot:

Edited by PC Load Letter

14 Nov 2005?

Better screen cap

16 Nov 2005

Why would Jack say, "That's why the Sox will never win the Series"?

White Sox?

Poor editing?

:confused::angry:

Because he was on the island then.

He was on the island before the X-rays were taken?

10/27/2004 - RedSox win WS

10/27/2005 - White Sox win WS.

11/16/2005 - X-Rays taken

??/??/???? - Drunken Dad says "Sox never win the Series" to Sawyer in Australia

??/??/???? - Jack goes to Australia to claim dead Dad's body

??/??/???? - Plane crashes

??/??/???? - Jack reutters "Sox/Series" line in Jungle to Sawyer

:confused:

Edited by PC Load Letter

14 Nov 2005?

Better screen cap

16 Nov 2005

Why would Jack say, "That's why the Sox will never win the Series"?

White Sox?

Poor editing?

:confused::angry:

Because he was on the island then.

He was on the island before the X-rays were taken?

This is season 2.

Season 1 was sept 2004.

Season 2 started sept 2005.

Esp since Mr. Eko bashed in two of their skulls by himself.

Plus Ana and Charlie took out two more if we're to believe that Ethan and Goodwin were spies sent by The Others, which I believe to be the case.

I'm digging seeing Jack pull away from Kate and start to shift his allegiance toward Ana based on his jealousy over Kate and Sawyer. And it seems Sawyer's muttering in his near-unconscious state of "I love her" wasn't directed at Kate as Jack believes (which really isn't a surprise). He was pretty stunned to hear Jack tell him that.

Some other thoughts:

I also enjoyed seeing Hurley trying to decide whether he should make a play for Libby.

Locke just deciding to spring on Sawyer that he knows who he really is has to be leading somewhere. And as others have said I also loved his "Cya Jack" line at the end. Classic. :lmao:

I mentioned this briefly but it's time for Sayid to get back in the game. From an island sense of time he obviously could be mourning for Shannon for quite awhile longer. But from a dramatic sense he needs to be more involved since he's a great character who shouldn't be sitting idly by on the sidelines.

Looks like a Charlie episode next week with a "Will he or won't he" succomb to the heroin fix. Of more interest to me is seeing who Jack wants assigned to the hierarchy of his "army."

Edited by packersfan

If somebody from the island was doing Jack's ex - i go with Desmond

Not likely.

Desmon left for his voyage shortly after meeting Jack in the stadium.

At that time, Jack had just met his wife and she was in the hospital, right?

14 Nov 2005?

Better screen cap

16 Nov 2005

Not a slip up. Those episodes were filmed before either Sox team won the World Series. I guess you could call it a bac choice by the writers, but I dont see how it was a mistake.

From the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity. Our most precious gift, without exception, is the desire to know more - to look beyond what is accepted as the truth and to imagine what is possible.

No one thinks this is a big deal, or at least interesting?

No one thinks this is a big deal, or at least interesting?

I just finished reading the past two pages of this topic and this is by far the most interesting to me.

One frustration from last night: Jack and "Zeke"/Boatman were talking back and forth for a while and nothing from Jack/Locke/Sawyer like, "Who the *$#*@ are you guys? Where did you come from?" My point is I guess that "the Others" have hostility towards them for some reason. Why? All they did was survive a plane crash on this island. There must be some reason/history as to why the Others are hostile towards the survivors. But alas, let's not ever get anything figured out on this show.

One more thing....if you are going after Michael in the jungle and going up against the others....WHY NOT BRING EKO???

As for the "Sox will never win the series" lines...i think it's just a saying. not much more than that really, so I don't think it matters that both "Sox" won the series in the past 2 years.

14 Nov 2005?At least I think it's a 5 [ :banned: ]. It's definately 200X.

Better screen cap16 Nov 2005 :unsure:

There is no tumor there. Just some L5-S1 degenerative disk disease. And you would rather have an MRI, not a CT. At least they didn't hang it upside down. :endrant:

That's what I was thinking too......

14 Nov 2005?

At least I think it's a 5 [ :banned: ].  It's definately 200X.

Better screen cap

16 Nov 2005

Not a slip up. Those episodes were filmed before either Sox team won the World Series. I guess you could call it a bac choice by the writers, but I dont see how it was a mistake.

Notice the date on the films? How long ago was that episode filmed? Not that I think this minute detail has anything to do w/ the story, but we're here to nitpick right? Edited by Cookiemonster

(Surprised no one mentioned this...)Got a *huge* laugh from Sawyer calling Locke "Mr. Clean".

I guess we know where the French lady's kid is. He said "Bring her out, Alex."

Good catch. I must be slipping because this didn't even register with me.

I'm gonna eat some crow and admit the "boat guy" isn't Degroot, no matter how much I was convinced it was him before. My bad.

I heard the Alex line as well.The thing that struck me was that Zeke "knew" Jack. At least, that's how I felt listening to the dialogue. Walt couldn't possibly have given him enough information for Zeke to be able to hit a few buttons with his words the way he did. And unless there is another spy in the camp - or some kind of spying device in the shelter chambers - I'm wondering if we won't see - or have already seen - Zeke in a Jack flashback of some kind.

I heard the Alex line as well.

The thing that struck me was that Zeke "knew" Jack. At least, that's how I felt listening to the dialogue. Walt couldn't possibly have given him enough information for Zeke to be able to hit a few buttons with his words the way he did. And unless there is another spy in the camp - or some kind of spying device in the shelter chambers - I'm wondering if we won't see - or have already seen - Zeke in a Jack flashback of some kind.

I think he knew him from Ethan's reporting, or perhaps they have some other way.

I don't think he'll be showing up in one of Jack's flashbacks.

The thing that struck me was that Zeke "knew" Jack.  At least, that's how I felt listening to the dialogue. Walt couldn't possibly have given him enough information for Zeke to be able to hit a few buttons with his words the way he did.  And unless there is another spy in the camp - or some kind of spying device in the shelter chambers - I'm wondering if we won't see - or have already seen - Zeke in a Jack flashback of some kind.

I think he knew him from Ethan's reporting, or perhaps they have some other way.

My thinking. There is something else going on that we haven't seen a snapshot of yet.

I guess we know where the French lady's kid is. He said "Bring her out, Alex."

Good catch. I must be slipping because this didn't even register with me.

I'm gonna eat some crow and admit the "boat guy" isn't Degroot, no matter how much I was convinced it was him before. My bad.

:goodposting:

There was a previous spoiler about "Zeke" and based on what he said last night, I definitely think it is true.

On imdb.com they listed the actor who played the bearded boat guy as "Kelvin" in a future episode. Kelvin is the name Desmond mentioned as the guy in the hatch with him that died. His quote about going into doors that you should not go into and looking at Locke seemed like a clear indication of blowing up the hatch. I have a feeling that Kelvin suckered Desmond into staying in the hatch to keep pressing the button. Desmond seemed convinced that Kelvin died.

Some other random thoughts:

I definitely have to check out the "Alex" thing again because Rousseau did refer to "Alex" as he daughter, correct? I can't remember.

I don't think it would matter if Jack et al tried to ask Zeke questions because I don't think he would have answered them.

I do think that there is a connection between Locke's con and Sawyer's con, but I don't know if Locke's dad is the real Sawyer.

Someone commented about the flames of the others maybe being set up, but as they panned around the flames I saw people holding them. It sure looked like there were a lot of others there.

Those others sure are good shots, huh? I do think that Zeke did want the weapons, however, otherwise when they raided the tailies, they could have just gone in with guns blazing. I think the 815 survivors are more heavily armed. Although, that might not make sense based on my spoiler not above. Damn, now I am confused.

I am not convinced that Ethan was an Other because Zeke did hesitate on that, although I am 100% sure that Goodwin was one of the fold and the whole Nathan/Canada thing makes me think that Ethan was an Other. I am just not 100%.

One big thought that I still have is that the Others and the smoke monster are not on the same side. I think that the Others fear the smoke monster and that is probably one of the main reasons that they stick to their side of the island.

The thing that struck me was that Zeke "knew" Jack.  At least, that's how I felt listening to the dialogue. Walt couldn't possibly have given him enough information for Zeke to be able to hit a few buttons with his words the way he did.  And unless there is another spy in the camp - or some kind of spying device in the shelter chambers - I'm wondering if we won't see - or have already seen - Zeke in a Jack flashback of some kind.

I think it was Ethan's reporting. If you assume that Ethan was doing the same as Goodwin then Ethan would have brought back info the way Goodwin did (based on the list of names that Anna found). The timing makes sense, because Ethan came after Goodwin because Goodwin and the rest of the Others live where the tailies crashed.

This might be a stupid question, but has anyone on any of the boards talking about this show tried to come up with some kind of map or graph of the island?An overhead shot of this place with some "this is here" markers would do wonders for my sanity sometimes.

Some thoughts:If the date on the film is correct, the theories that Lost is taking place a few years from now, gains some serious momentum.In next week's preview, you see Hurley looking at Libby and saying "Don't I know you from somewhere?" Libby's a psychologist, right? Hurley was institutionalized for a time, right? She may not have "treated" him, but I'm pretty sure she was at the same facility.

This might be a stupid question, but has anyone on any of the boards talking about this show tried to come up with some kind of map or graph of the island?

An overhead shot of this place with some "this is here" markers would do wonders for my sanity sometimes.

Somewhere around page 70 (of this thread) there's a link to a map showing some of the key areas of the island. I'll look back and add the link in with an edit when I find it.

I don't know how accurate it is, but it may help you a little. There are 3 different maps there, season 1, season 2 and updated season 2.

MAP LINK

I've also come across something from one of the Lost writers about the island. Could be a smokescreen, but I'll post it anyway.

JUST A NOTE ABOUT THE SIZE OF THE ISLAND BY DAVID FURY

This is not a show about the supernatural, despite the fact that we have a very huge creature that likes to eat people. Despite the surreal, bizarre aspects of the island, there will be an explanation for it. It may not come for a very long time, but certain information about the island will explain how things are possible. We'll try to root it in real science or real pseudo-science. There will be no mystical reason or an island of monsters. The island has been around for millennia, and many people have found themselves on it, and as far as we know, nobody has ever gotten off. There is also the possibility of others being on the island, they just haven't seen them yet. And we'll never know how big this island is. It could be enormous, but odd things will keep them from knowing the full length and breadth of it."

- David Fury, "Lost" writer

Edited by Sack-Religious

I think it was Ethan's reporting. If you assume that Ethan was doing the same as Goodwin then Ethan would have brought back info the way Goodwin did (based on the list of names that Anna found). The timing makes sense, because Ethan came after Goodwin because Goodwin and the rest of the Others live where the tailies crashed.

But Zeke's comment about "kicking in the door" or whatever when he was talking about visiting someone else's home was definately referring to them blowing the hatch open. If their info had come from only Ethan or Walt, he wouldn't have known about this.

There are notations on that map that I don't understand. I don't know all the details, so it's possible I missed something....but on the third map, what means the notation in the very bottom right of the map? It's next to a small island.

Couple thoughts:- Before watching the repeat, I wondered why Eko didn't know the smoke monster was coming. He knew the Others were coming earlier this season when he and Jin were out looking for Mike. A post above says he actually did know which is why he had Charlie climb the tree. I can deal with that.- I love the "how long would it take to train an army" line, but why did Jack ask Ana Lucia and not Sayid? I have all the respect for policemen, but Sayid was in the Republican Guard.- re: Jack and Sara. I don't think they ever really loved each other. She was in a bad accident; her then fiancee left her; Jack performed the "Miracle" surgery to get her to walk again, and so there was a connection (Clara Barton syndrome or whatever it is called?). If you agree with that theory, it makes sense why Sara started seeing someone else, and Jack kept working all the late hours we were led to belive based on his going home at 4: 30 AM.- I was blown away be Zeke/Boatman showing up. Jack did ask Zeke how he knew all their names. Zeke never answered the question. Yes, Zeke said "Alex bring her out" referring to Kate. - I think Goodwin was part of the Others. When he and Ana Lucia went out with the radio, he eventually told her the children were fine. Didn't Zeke say the same thing or something similar about Walt?I was a little disappointed as to how the show started last night, but I think it cranked up big time with Zeke showing up.

Some thoughts:

If the date on the film is correct, the theories that Lost is taking place a few years from now, gains some serious momentum.

In next week's preview, you see Hurley looking at Libby and saying "Don't I know you from somewhere?"  Libby's a psychologist, right?  Hurley was institutionalized for a time, right?  She may not have "treated" him, but I'm pretty sure she was at the same facility.

I think the film is a prop mistake. The hospital identified on the film is located in Hawaii. Looks like they just picked the film up locally.

St Francis Medical Center West

Edited by tdog

But Zeke's comment about "kicking in the door" or whatever when he was talking about visiting someone else's home was definately referring to them blowing the hatch open. If their info had come from only Ethan or Walt, he wouldn't have known about this.

The comment was "you don't go opening doors (looking at locke) and helping yourself to food in another man's house" [paraphrased].

I definitely think there is a monitoring device in the hatch, especially considering the whited out spoiler.

- Before watching the repeat, I wondered why Eko didn't know the smoke monster was coming. He knew the Others were coming earlier this season when he and Jin were out looking for Mike. A post above says he actually did know which is why he had Charlie climb the tree. I can deal with that.

That's what I thought when I watched the scene. Eko sensed something was coming and was attempting to protect Charlie. He kept telling him to climb higher; my thought was he wanted to get him as far removed from potential danger as possible..

- I love the "how long would it take to train an army" line, but why did Jack ask Ana Lucia and not Sayid? I have all the respect for policemen, but Sayid was in the Republican Guard.

Couple possible reasons: 1) Sayid's been out of it since Shannon died and Jack may not be sure how strong his frame of mind is; 2) (more importantly) he's clearly starting to move toward Ana due to the jealousy he's feeling over Kate and Sawyer. And one of the subplots of Jack's flashback was him moving away from one woman (his wife) to another. It's a possible theme reocurring now in terms of the two main women currently in Jack's life.

- re: Jack and Sara. I don't think they ever really loved each other. She was in a bad accident; her then fiancee left her; Jack performed the "Miracle" surgery to get her to walk again, and so there was a connection (Clara Barton syndrome or whatever it is called?). If you agree with that theory, it makes sense why Sara started seeing someone else, and Jack kept working all the late hours we were led to belive based on his going home at 4: 30 AM.

I'd agree with that. Good thoughts.

- I think Goodwin was part of the Others. When he and Ana Lucia went out with the radio, he eventually told her the children were fine. Didn't Zeke say the same thing or something similar about Walt?

Yup. And remember Ethan's main target was Claire, who was pregnant at the time. The Others clearly have something going on with children.

The comment was "you don't go opening doors (looking at locke) and helping yourself to food in another man's house" [paraphrased].

I definitely think there is a monitoring device in the hatch, especially considering the whited out spoiler.

Maybe Desmond informed him about the hatch and Jack, etc. The only folks Desmond met in the hatch would have been Jack, Locke, and Kate. Michael he would easily know from Walt and Sawyer from the boat and Michael/Walt.

We still have no idea where Desmond went after he ran away, so maybe he was an Other. He may have been grabbed by the Others when he was sailing and crashed and his story to the 815 survivors was all BS.

I still can't help but thinking that the 108 minutes/magnet in the hatch somehow keeps the smoke monster in a certain area. I think that the smoke monster would go after the Others if it wasn't contained. There has to be some reason why the Others sure don't seem to go en masse to the rest of the island. If they do it is just one at a time.

How crazy would it be if Sara was cheating on Jack with Boone?I wouldn't put it past these writer based on how they like to tie everything together.

WTF are the whispers? If you have ever read some of the transcripts they definitely seem to know a lot.Now that we know the smoke monster can read minds from the Eko encounter, could it be that the whispers are somehow connected to the smoke monster? Maybe there are smaller versions that scout things out?Remember that when the whispers were around Sawyer, they said that "It'll come around" phrase, so they had to have been reading his mind.

Couple thoughts:

- re: Jack and Sara. I don't think they ever really loved each other. She was in a bad accident; her then fiancee left her; Jack performed the "Miracle" surgery to get her to walk again, and so there was a connection (Clara Barton syndrome or whatever it is called?). If you agree with that theory, it makes sense why Sara started seeing someone else, and Jack kept working all the late hours we were led to belive based on his going home at 4: 30 AM.

Good call. In the Jack "wedding" flashback episode last year he wasn't even sure if he wanted to go through with it. I think there were definite feelings there, but the circumstances in which Jack and Sarah met may have made the feelings seem stronger at the time (if that's what Clara Barton syndrome is, my bad).

Like Sarah said to Jack though "You're always going to need to fix something" I take this to mean that everything else in life will be secondary to Jack after playing the hero doctor to make up for his daddy issues.