Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series

MASSIVE SPOILERS

This is a FULL blow by blow of tonights episode. Do not read unless your immune to spoilers as I am.

Note to self: "Don't read this dude's spoilers anymore" haha!

- I love the "how long would it take to train an army" line, but why did Jack ask Ana Lucia and not Sayid? I have all the respect for policemen, but Sayid was in the Republican Guard.

Couple possible reasons: 1) Sayid's been out of it since Shannon died and Jack may not be sure how strong his frame of mind is; 2) (more importantly) he's clearly starting to move toward Ana due to the jealousy he's feeling over Kate and Sawyer. And one of the subplots of Jack's flashback was him moving away from one woman (his wife) to another. It's a possible theme reocurring now in terms of the two main women currently in Jack's life.

- I think Goodwin was part of the Others. When he and Ana Lucia went out with the radio, he eventually told her the children were fine. Didn't Zeke say the same thing or something similar about Walt?

Yup. And remember Ethan's main target was Claire, who was pregnant at the time. The Others clearly have something going on with children.

Jack may have talked to Sayid as well. They honed in on the Anna discussion because of the Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Anna love square, but Jack did mention that he heard from Sayid that Anna was a cop. I doubt he is planning to leave Sayid out of things, we may have just seen the first discussion Jack had after coming back so he brought it up with her.

As to the kids, we definitely know that the Others have and want to grab children, from Aaron to Walt to the tailies, and we know from seeing the teddy bear that the kids are still alive and integrated into the Others.

One other thought, when the flight 815 survivors stopped entering the code is when I think they will be OK. Not sure what OK will mean, but I think they need to stop entering the code for their own good.

- I love the "how long would it take to train an army" line, but why did Jack ask Ana Lucia and not Sayid? I have all the respect for policemen, but Sayid was in the Republican Guard.

Couple possible reasons: 1) Sayid's been out of it since Shannon died and Jack may not be sure how strong his frame of mind is; 2) (more importantly) he's clearly starting to move toward Ana due to the jealousy he's feeling over Kate and Sawyer. And one of the subplots of Jack's flashback was him moving away from one woman (his wife) to another. It's a possible theme reocurring now in terms of the two main women currently in Jack's life.

- I think Goodwin was part of the Others. When he and Ana Lucia went out with the radio, he eventually told her the children were fine. Didn't Zeke say the same thing or something similar about Walt?

Yup. And remember Ethan's main target was Claire, who was pregnant at the time. The Others clearly have something going on with children.

Jack may have talked to Sayid as well. They honed in on the Anna discussion because of the Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Anna love square, but Jack did mention that he heard from Sayid that Anna was a cop. I doubt he is planning to leave Sayid out of things, we may have just seen the first discussion Jack had after coming back so he brought it up with her.
Yup, that makes sense. Jack would obviously want Sayid involved in a strong way with his "army." That, of course, will also bring Ana and Sayid together and possibly force them to work together which could create another interesting dynamic.

As to the kids, we definitely know that the Others have and want to grab children, from Aaron to Walt to the tailies, and we know from seeing the teddy bear that the kids are still alive and integrated into the Others.

Children = purity. How far that theme is taken or will be taken remains to be seen. And "Zeke" also made note of Walt's special gift last night too. Edited by packersfan

Now that we know the smoke monster can read minds from the Eko encounter,

How was this determined that it could read Eko's mind? :confused:

Yup, that makes sense. Jack would obviously want Sayid involved in a strong way with his "army." That, of course, will also bring Ana and Sayid together and possibly force them to work together which could create another interesting dynamic.

Children = purity. How far that theme is taken or will be taken remains to be seen. And "Zeke" also made note of Walt's special gift last night too.

I also think Jack realized that Ana is a natural leader, his counterpart with the tailies, and and if an army were to be formed she would be best suited for organizing the effort.

How crazy would it be if Sara was cheating on Jack with Boone?

I wouldn't put it past these writer based on how they like to tie everything together.

How about Desmond?

Boone and Desmond? Ewww...

Children = purity. How far that theme is taken or will be taken remains to be seen. And "Zeke" also made note of Walt's special gift last night too.

I also think Jack realized that Ana is a natural leader, his counterpart with the tailies, and and if an army were to be formed she would be best suited for organizing the effort.

Agreed. But also every time he feels confused and/or upset at Kate he goes to Ana. We've seen it in each of his last two significant encounters with Kate. I don't think that dynamic can be ruled out. I think he's connecting with her on a number of levels.

If you slowed down the part when the camera passed through the monster you saw flashes of his past, most of which appeared to be from the 1st person.. as if it was scanning his life.

not if he spoke to the other people in her group. she led like a tyrant. and as we saw at the end, her people deserted her.

from her site:

In November 2005, she got a recurring part in “LOST”, the no.1 TV show in the United States, as Gabriella Busoni, a wealthy Italian woman.

Recurring, huh? Excellent!!

from her site:

In November 2005, she got a recurring part in “LOST”, the no.1 TV show in the United States, as Gabriella Busoni, a wealthy Italian woman.

Recurring, huh? Excellent!!

For what it's worth, the Internet Movie Database has her listed only for being in this episode. No listing of anything further.

How crazy would it be if Sara was cheating on Jack with Boone?

I wouldn't put it past these writer based on how they like to tie everything together.

How about Desmond?

Boone and Desmond? Ewww...

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Not sure, but it was interesting that Zeke did mention Walt being special. Also not sure how he knew. Since they have been grabbing kids since the beginning, we don't know if they knew Walt was special before or after they grabbed him.

If you slowed down the part when the camera passed through the monster you saw flashes of his past, most of which appeared to be from the 1st person.. as if it was scanning his life.

I gotta see a screen cap of this to believe it.

I wonder, if so, that smoke monster...being of variable shape + mass, could be almost like the big guy from "Green Mile" where it either sucks the sins out of people or grows stronger by doing something like that.

I dun'know?

No joking around, she is one of the most startling beautiful women I have ever seen. Daddy likey.

wife was getting pissed at how often i was mentioning it

I agree, and while I certainly thought it... my wife was the one to actually mention it.

No joking around, she is one of the most startling beautiful women I have ever seen. Daddy likey.

For some reason she reminds me of a young Janice Dickinson and with the older version being such a loon, I don't really think much of Dean.

For some reason she reminds me of a young Janice Dickinson and with the older version being such a loon, I don't really think much of Dean.

:confused:

She looks like a younger version of someone who has no blood relationship to her (at least not going back to Adam and Eve) and you are worried about her becoming a loon because Dickinson did?

Dean was striking in the first scene she was in and as long as she doesn't get into drugs and become a freak, she is OK in my book.

btw, it's florence nightengale, not clara barton

What did Clara Barton do?

I dunno, but I'm pretty sure she was nice.

[/seinfeld]

she was a nurse as well

She looks like a younger version of someone who has no blood relationship to her (at least not going back to Adam and Eve) and you are worried about her becoming a loon because Dickinson did?

Dean was striking in the first scene she was in and as long as she doesn't get into drugs and become a freak, she is OK in my book.

Because she reminds me of Dickinson, and Dickinson is so unattractive to me, it lessens my feelings for Dean.

Hey, I understand the logic is not the most reasonable but I can't control those things when it comes to personal hotness factors.

btw, it's florence nightengale, not clara barton

What did Clara Barton do?

I dunno, but I'm pretty sure she was nice.

[/seinfeld]

she was a nurse as well

George: Y'know what it is? It's "Clara Nightingale Syndrome". He falls ill; she falls in love.

Jerry: You mean Florence Nightingale.

George: What'd I say? Clara?

Jerry: Yeah, you must have meant Clara Barton.

George: Clara Barton? What did she do?

Jerry: I'm not sure, but I think she was nice.

George: Susan B. Anthony I think I'd have a problem with.

Jerry: Yeah, I think you would.

Because she reminds me of Dickinson, and Dickinson is so unattractive to me, it lessens my feelings for Dean.

Hey, I understand the logic is not the most reasonable but I can't control those things when it comes to personal hotness factors.

:D

It is true that the logic controlling the big head tends to turn to fuzzy logic that controls the little head.

Personally, I was able to say a few things at the screen that I normally wouldn't have since my wife chose to watch Lost upstairs.

she actually reminded me more of Lara Flynn Boyle but hotter

:X Comparing the hottie last night to a Jack Nicholson-abused skeleton seems like a bad idea!

It is true that the logic controlling the big head tends to turn to fuzzy logic that controls the little head.

Personally, I was able to say a few things at the screen that I normally wouldn't have since my wife chose to watch Lost upstairs.

My wife kept on saying how beautiful she was and I felt a little internally betrayed that I didn't think so.

Some thoughts:

If the date on the film is correct, the theories that Lost is taking place a few years from now, gains some serious momentum.

In next week's preview, you see Hurley looking at Libby and saying "Don't I know you from somewhere?" Libby's a psychologist, right? Hurley was institutionalized for a time, right? She may not have "treated" him, but I'm pretty sure she was at the same facility.

I think the film is a prop mistake. The hospital identified on the film is located in Hawaii. Looks like they just picked the film up locally.

St Francis Medical Center West

I'm having a hard time with this. The writers know perfectly well that the actual date that the show takes place during is up for debate. They have taken precautionary measures in the past to disguise calenders and dance around facts that would link the show to an specific year.

This was blatant. The year was perfectly presented to us. If they wanted to hide it, only an hour of cg wizardy would have been required. They had the time, they just took a month off! They compose the sets for you to see what they want you to see. They wanted us to see that date.

So either the island takes place in the future or the date of the show is irrelevant. One of the two.

One thing to note about The Others taking kids.Ethan originally took Claire while she was still pregnant and then either he or the rest of The Others let her go before Aaron was born.When The Others started burning whatever they burn in that Olympic Flame type big bowl they have the black smoke triggered Danielle to take Aaron thinking he was who The Others were after. The Others were actually after Walt the entire time.Perhaps Aaron isn't old enough yet for them to want him, but they've basically had 2 chances to get him and he's still with Claire so perhaps they don't necessarily want him. The question is, why?

One thing to note about The Others taking kids.

Ethan originally took Claire while she was still pregnant and then either he or the rest of The Others let her go before Aaron was born.

When The Others started burning whatever they burn in that Olympic Flame type big bowl they have the black smoke triggered Danielle to take Aaron thinking he was who The Others were after. The Others were actually after Walt the entire time.

Perhaps Aaron isn't old enough yet for them to want him, but they've basically had 2 chances to get him and he's still with Claire so perhaps they don't necessarily want him. The question is, why?

Did you watch the previews for next week?

:(

Ethan originally took Claire while she was still pregnant and then either he or the rest of The Others let her go before Aaron was born.

When The Others started burning whatever they burn in that Olympic Flame type big bowl they have the black smoke triggered Danielle to take Aaron thinking he was who The Others were after.  The Others were actually after Walt the entire time.

Perhaps Aaron isn't old enough yet for them to want him, but they've basically had 2 chances to get him and he's still with Claire so perhaps they don't necessarily want him.  The question is, why?

We sometimes get different previews here in Canada.

I saw Hurley talking to Libby and Charlie looking like he might be using again. Charlie holding Aaron on the beach at night and Hurley approaching him and asking him WTF he was doing...to which Charlie responded "I don't know" or something to that effect. Then during the daytime I saw what appeared to be Aaron in his bassinet floating in the ocean and Charlie running in to save him.

What about the previews did I miss?

When The Others started burning whatever they burn in that Olympic Flame type big bowl they have the black smoke triggered Danielle to take Aaron thinking he was who The Others were after.  The Others were actually after Walt the entire time.

Perhaps Aaron isn't old enough yet for them to want him, but they've basically had 2 chances to get him and he's still with Claire so perhaps they don't necessarily want him.  The question is, why?

I saw Hurley talking to Libby and Charlie looking like he might be using again. Charlie holding Aaron on the beach at night and Hurley approaching him and asking him WTF he was doing...to which Charlie responded "I don't know" or something to that effect. Then during the daytime I saw what appeared to be Aaron in his bassinet floating in the ocean and Charlie running in to save him.

You missed a pair of dirty arms picking up the baby. It was the final image we saw here in the States, IIRC, implying importance or ill omen.

Anybody else think of that whole mining theory when they saw Zeke? To me he looked like he was covered in more than just island dirt.

You missed a pair of dirty arms picking up the baby. It was the final image we saw here in the States, IIRC, implying importance or ill omen.

Guess I didn't see that. Could those dirty arms not be Charlie's though? The previews are rarely, if ever all they appear to be. I personally think Charlie setting Aaron afloat in the ocean is either a drug induced hallucination or a dream sequence.

I'd like to see the writers explain the monster using "pseudo science". There's nothing that I know of that would come close to being able to explain that creature without completely suspending your knowledge of known science. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Guess I didn't see that. Could those dirty arms not be Charlie's though? The previews are rarely, if ever all they appear to be. I personally think Charlie setting Aaron afloat in the ocean is either a drug induced hallucination or a dream sequence.

my thinking from those previews was that it was charlie. i think he gets pissed about locke and claire and kidnaps the kid that he feels hes been a father to. i think he actually gets high before he kidnaps the kid. then the kid ends up in the ocean. at some point someone (claire?) sets his stash on fire.

I was thinking combo Lara Flynn Boyle and Tiffany Amber Thiessen.

Maybe we should start using her middle name to fit the theme.

When The Others started burning whatever they burn in that Olympic Flame type big bowl they have the black smoke triggered Danielle to take Aaron thinking he was who The Others were after. The Others were actually after Walt the entire time.

Perhaps Aaron isn't old enough yet for them to want him, but they've basically had 2 chances to get him and he's still with Claire so perhaps they don't necessarily want him. The question is, why?

It sure looked like the previews were somehow about Aaron next week...something about the gang figuring it out after it was too late.

I'd like to see the writers explain the monster using "pseudo science". There's nothing that I know of that would come close to being able to explain that creature without completely suspending your knowledge of known science. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

There can be only one answer - Nanobots :tinfoilhat:

If, in fact, nanobots are somehow involved I will eat my weight in crow.

Read Prey by Michael Crichton. It's about nanobots that develop the ability to evolve, hunt, and kill humans. The similarities between Crichton's description of his "monster" and the "smoke monster" in Lost are very striking.

Also are they suggesting Walt's special gifts and the fact that Aaron was essentially preordained to be special by the psychic are not supernatual and can be explained pseudo scientifically?

I'd like to see the writers explain the monster using "pseudo science".  There's nothing that I know of that would come close to being able to explain that creature without completely suspending your knowledge of known science.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

:blackdot:

Gotta remember page 78 when Jack and Locke find the nanobot nest. Page 78, gotta remember page 78.

BTW, how much does a normal crow weigh? African or European, doesn't matter.

My wife kept on saying how beautiful she was and I felt a little internally betrayed that I didn't think so.

Not sure if a Lost thread is the best place to be admitted that your wife is more attracted to really hot women than you are. Seems like that deserves its own thread and possibly a poll. ;)

Next weeks ep.....who does the flashbacks focus on?

Gotta be Charlie, ya think? Since the episode seems to center on him, it would make sense.

I actually think that Charlie is gonna get caught getting high and no one is going to believe him that the baby is in danger until Aaron gets taken. I think it will be similar to Claire getting kidnapped.

I was thinking combo Lara Flynn Boyle and Tiffany Amber Thiessen.

Maybe we should start using her middle name to fit the theme.

Or Lara Flynn Boyle like she looked when she made The Temp, before she turned into Skeleton Woman.

Next weeks ep.....who does the flashbacks focus on?

Gotta be Charlie, ya think? Since the episode seems to center on him, it would make sense.

I actually think that Charlie is gonna get caught getting high and no one is going to believe him that the baby is in danger until Aaron gets taken. I think it will be similar to Claire getting kidnapped.

I saw something (sorry, no link as I cannot remember where I saw it) that lots of what happens is from Charlie having some really funky, vivid dreams that he acts upon. Maybe some of what we saw for next week's episode is dream stuff?