What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (5 Viewers)

she actually reminded me more of Lara Flynn Boyle but hotter
I was thinking combo Lara Flynn Boyle and Tiffany Amber Thiessen. Maybe we should start using her middle name to fit the theme.
Or Lara Flynn Boyle like she looked when she made The Temp, before she turned into Skeleton Woman.
I'm sorry, but Lara Flynn Boyle was NEVER as hot as this woman. Tiffani Thiessen most definitely, but not Lara Flynn Boyle - not during her "Twin Peaks" days; not in "The Temp" or ever.

:D

It is true that the logic controlling the big head tends to turn to fuzzy logic that controls the little head.

Personally, I was able to say a few things at the screen that I normally wouldn't have since my wife chose to watch Lost upstairs.
My wife kept on saying how beautiful she was and I felt a little internally betrayed that I didn't think so.
Not sure if a Lost thread is the best place to be admitted that your wife is more attracted to really hot women than you are. Seems like that deserves its own thread and possibly a poll pole. ;)
:fixed:

Somebody run Monica Dean's picture through the face recognition software in a thread I started...someone bumped it today or yesterday...I am at work, and typing is one thing, but looking at pics of that hottie is another...SFW or not... :)I am interested to see what comes up there...

Somebody run Monica Dean's picture through the face recognition software in a thread I started...someone bumped it today or yesterday...

I am at work, and typing is one thing, but looking at pics of that hottie is another...SFW or not... :)

I am interested to see what comes up there...
I've already nailed it. There's no need. :hophead:

One thing to note about The Others taking kids.

Ethan originally took Claire while she was still pregnant and then either he or the rest of The Others let her go before Aaron was born.

When The Others started burning whatever they burn in that Olympic Flame type big bowl they have the black smoke triggered Danielle to take Aaron thinking he was who The Others were after.  The Others were actually after Walt the entire time.

Perhaps Aaron isn't old enough yet for them to want him, but they've basically had 2 chances to get him and he's still with Claire so perhaps they don't necessarily want him.  The question is, why?
It sure looked like the previews were somehow about Aaron next week...something about the gang figuring it out after it was too late.
We need an "Aaron flashback" episode. :)

I'd like to see the writers explain the monster using "pseudo science".  There's nothing that I know of that would come close to being able to explain that creature without completely suspending your knowledge of known science.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
There can be only one answer - Nanobots :tinfoilhat: If, in fact, nanobots are somehow involved I will eat my weight in crow.
:blackdot: Gotta remember page 78 when Jack Ecko and Locke find the nanobot nest. Page 78, gotta remember page 78.

BTW, how much does a normal crow weigh? African or European, doesn't matter.
Fixed to fit my own :tinfoilhat: theory.

One thing to note about The Others taking kids.

Ethan originally took Claire while she was still pregnant and then either he or the rest of The Others let her go before Aaron was born.

When The Others started burning whatever they burn in that Olympic Flame type big bowl they have the black smoke triggered Danielle to take Aaron thinking he was who The Others were after.  The Others were actually after Walt the entire time.

Perhaps Aaron isn't old enough yet for them to want him, but they've basically had 2 chances to get him and he's still with Claire so perhaps they don't necessarily want him.  The question is, why?
It sure looked like the previews were somehow about Aaron next week...something about the gang figuring it out after it was too late.
We need an "Aaron flashback" episode. :)
:excited: :hifive:

Just saw the guy who played Boone (Ian Somerholder) working out in my gym here in the city. I didnt approach him or anything cuz I didnt wanna seem gay. Hes pretty small and puny. I see he was born in Louisiana but it says he currently lives in NYC.

Was Sarah possibly pregnant from Jack or this mystery guy?
She was never pregnant. She said the test came back negative.
Yeah but she had to have some reason to test herself. Could have been from Jack or the other guy.When Jack kisses Gaby he kisses her just like he kissed Kate. Memories of kissing Kate could have brought back memories of Gaby.

14 Nov 2005?

At least I think it's a 5 [ :banned: ]. It's definately 200X.
Better screen cap16 Nov 2005

:unsure:
RedSox won the World Series on 10/27/2004.White Sox won it on 10/27/2005.

"That's why the Sox will never win the Series"

Really bad slip up here. :hot:
Not a slip up. Those episodes were filmed before either Sox team won the World Series. I guess you could call it a bac choice by the writers, but I dont see how it was a mistake.
Notice the date on the films? How long ago was that episode filmed? Not that I think this minute detail has anything to do w/ the story, but we're here to nitpick right?
Does "films" mean "X-rays"? What episode are you talking about?

Some thoughts:

If the date on the film is correct, the theories that Lost is taking place a few years from now, gains some serious momentum.

In next week's preview, you see Hurley looking at Libby and saying "Don't I know you from somewhere?" Libby's a psychologist, right? Hurley was institutionalized for a time, right? She may not have "treated" him, but I'm pretty sure she was at the same facility.
I think the film is a prop mistake. The hospital identified on the film is located in Hawaii. Looks like they just picked the film up locally.St Francis Medical Center West
I'm having a hard time with this. The writers know perfectly well that the actual date that the show takes place during is up for debate. They have taken precautionary measures in the past to disguise calenders and dance around facts that would link the show to an specific year.This was blatant. The year was perfectly presented to us. If they wanted to hide it, only an hour of cg wizardy would have been required. They had the time, they just took a month off! They compose the sets for you to see what they want you to see. They wanted us to see that date.

So either the island takes place in the future or the date of the show is irrelevant. One of the two.
I was about to post :goodposting: , but Jack doesnt work at St. Francis, he works at St. Sebastian. This may be a production mistake.

Some thoughts:

If the date on the film is correct, the theories that Lost is taking place a few years from now, gains some serious momentum.

In next week's preview, you see Hurley looking at Libby and saying "Don't I know you from somewhere?" Libby's a psychologist, right? Hurley was institutionalized for a time, right? She may not have "treated" him, but I'm pretty sure she was at the same facility.
I think the film is a prop mistake. The hospital identified on the film is located in Hawaii. Looks like they just picked the film up locally.St Francis Medical Center West
I'm having a hard time with this. The writers know perfectly well that the actual date that the show takes place during is up for debate. They have taken precautionary measures in the past to disguise calenders and dance around facts that would link the show to an specific year.This was blatant. The year was perfectly presented to us. If they wanted to hide it, only an hour of cg wizardy would have been required. They had the time, they just took a month off! They compose the sets for you to see what they want you to see. They wanted us to see that date.

So either the island takes place in the future or the date of the show is irrelevant. One of the two.
I was about to post :goodposting: , but Jack doesnt work at St. Francis, he works at St. Sebastian. This may be a production mistake.
Good call.Thats friggin sloppy on their part. Disappointing. Makes me question the minute details that are studied on this show if something so blatant can slip thru.

The way MC Gainey (the creepy bearded dude) made it a point to pause before saying 'a wise man once said':“From the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity".......I got googling and found this:“From the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity. Our most precious gift, without exception, is the desire to know more - to look beyond what is accepted as the truth and to imagine what is possible.” Alvar Hanso, Address to the U.N. Security Council, 1967“Children shoulder the most burdensome responsibility and perpetuate the most essential legacy of mankind. The young illuminate the path towards truth, the means to step outside our perception and grasp what lies beyond what we call knowledge. These lessons enable the old to fight the albatross within, and, in doing so, force the ducklings to give more than any being should.” Alvar Hanso, DeGroot BSP Forum, Keynote Address, 1971Possible Clues Regarding Hanso's NameThe character name Alvar Hanso may be a play on the names of scientists Hans Oersted, who discovered electromagnetism in the 19th Century and Hannes Alfvén, a 20th century Nobel Prize winner on the same subject. There are clues suggesting that electromagetism is an important phenomenon on the Island (i.e., the Bunker's power source attracting metal, compasses not working properly on the Island, etc.).Alvar Hanso, DeGroot BSP Forum, Keynote Address, 1971Possible Clues Regarding Hanso's NameThe character name Alvar Hanso may be a play on the names of scientists Hans Oersted, who discovered electromagnetism in the 19th Century and Hannes Alfvén, a 20th century Nobel Prize winner on the same subject. There are clues suggesting that electromagetism is an important phenomenon on the Island (i.e., the Bunker's power source attracting metal, compasses not working properly on the Island, etc.).

The way MC Gainey (the creepy bearded dude) made it a point to pause before saying 'a wise man once said':

“From the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity".......

I got googling and found this:

“From the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity. Our most precious gift, without exception, is the desire to know more - to look beyond what is accepted as the truth and to imagine what is possible.” Alvar Hanso, Address to the U.N. Security Council, 1967

“Children shoulder the most burdensome responsibility and perpetuate the most essential legacy of mankind. The young illuminate the path towards truth, the means to step outside our perception and grasp what lies beyond what we call knowledge. These lessons enable the old to fight the albatross within, and, in doing so, force the ducklings to give more than any being should.” Alvar Hanso, DeGroot BSP Forum, Keynote Address, 1971

Possible Clues Regarding Hanso's Name

The character name Alvar Hanso may be a play on the names of scientists Hans Oersted, who discovered electromagnetism in the 19th Century and Hannes Alfvén, a 20th century Nobel Prize winner on the same subject. There are clues suggesting that electromagetism is an important phenomenon on the Island (i.e., the Bunker's power source attracting metal, compasses not working properly on the Island, etc.).Alvar Hanso, DeGroot BSP Forum, Keynote Address, 1971

Possible Clues Regarding Hanso's Name

The character name Alvar Hanso may be a play on the names of scientists Hans Oersted, who discovered electromagnetism in the 19th Century and Hannes Alfvén, a 20th century Nobel Prize winner on the same subject. There are clues suggesting that electromagetism is an important phenomenon on the Island (i.e., the Bunker's power source attracting metal, compasses not working properly on the Island, etc.).
:honda:
"Zeke" knows or knows of Hanso!

From the Hanso Foundation website:

From the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity. Our most precious gift, without exception, is the desire to know more - to look beyond what is accepted as the truth and to imagine what is possible.
:shock:

sorry about the honda... I did a search on the first few words, and it came up with nothing...
Not a problem...it always sounds more hostile then it really is.Anyway, that stuff about the children is pretty interesting, especially the albatross [the huge bird from Season 1] and duckling [the Others walking past Eko and Jin] phrases.

I heard the Alex line as well.

The thing that struck me was that Zeke "knew" Jack. At least, that's how I felt listening to the dialogue. Walt couldn't possibly have given him enough information for Zeke to be able to hit a few buttons with his words the way he did. And unless there is another spy in the camp - or some kind of spying device in the shelter chambers - I'm wondering if we won't see - or have already seen - Zeke in a Jack flashback of some kind.
What is it that he said that makes you think he "knows" him?I'm guessing he's just getting info from Walt.

I think I have gotten the jist of it, but my DVR cut off just as Jack sat down to talk to AL. He asked her "You killed one of them right?", then end of episode for me.From what I gather, he asked her about training an army, did he say why?? I would assume to go after Zeke.Previews seem to be about Charlie and drugs.Anything else I need to know, is it worth torrenting the episode to see these last few minutes??-I was thinking that Jack's wife was cheating with someone from the island.-Zeke knows of the hatch.-Did Zeke get Michael?? He said something to the effect of "We don't have to worry about him right now"

watched kimmel with adewele.. talked about his life and that stuff.. then moved on to the monster.kimmel asked him "why didnt the moster go after you"to which eko replied "my theory is, the monster goes after evil, since i am good, it could not hurt me"i know this was mentioned earlier in the thread, just fyi.watch the kimmel clip (available on lost-media.com) its pretty cool (especially if you like adewele.. i was a big fan from OZ)

watched kimmel with adewele.. talked about his life and that stuff.. then moved on to the monster.

kimmel asked him "why didnt the moster go after you"

to which eko replied "my theory is, the monster goes after evil, since i am good, it could not hurt me"

i know this was mentioned earlier in the thread, just fyi.

watch the kimmel clip (available on lost-media.com) its pretty cool (especially if you like adewele.. i was a big fan from OZ)
This isn't the first time someone theorized that the "monster" only goes after evil or bad people. Obviously we never got a chance to know him, but from the first episode it would appear the "monster" killed the pilot - does this mean anything?

watched kimmel with adewele.. talked about his life and that stuff.. then moved on to the monster.

to which eko replied "my theory is, the monster goes after evil, since i am good, it could not hurt me"

watch the kimmel clip (available on lost-media.com) its pretty cool (especially if you like adewele.. i was a big fan from OZ)
This isn't the first time someone theorized that the "monster" only goes after evil or bad people. Obviously we never got a chance to know him, but from the first episode it would appear the "monster" killed the pilot - does this mean anything?
Hmm, In that vein, any thoughts on Locke?In the first couple of episodes Locke came across something in the jungle, and they showed a camera angle from the something's perspective looking down at Locke who was all scared.

Perhaps this was the smoke monster?

Later though, when they were preparing to blow the hinges off the hatch, the smoke monster took Locke and tried to drag him down the hole...

Either protecting the hatch was more important to the monster than only attacking evil, or Locke had somehow lost his good intentions when he became obsessed with the hatch, or it was two different "monsters".

He crashed a plane. Obviously he was a bad pilot.

I am still not sure about the Pilot thing. We really have only seen the monster with people a few times: where Locke didn't move, where Eko didn't move, where Locke was being dragged, where it killed the pilot/went after Jack/Kate/Charlie, and where Locke/Hurley stood still while getting dynamite. The only times that it got close to people it killed the pilot, grabbed Locke and let Eko and Locke go. We still don't know if it had bad intentions with dragging Locke, so it is hard to figure out its intentions.

-Did Zeke get Michael?? He said something to the effect of "We don't have to worry about him right now"
IRRC, "Zeke" says, "You don't have to worry about Michael finding us"It doesn't sound like The Others have Michael and it doesn't appear that they'll allow him to get close to them. My guess is he goes missing for a few episodes and returns later in the season, kinda like Sayid did in season 1.

Now, will there be a Michael episode where he meets Danielle, Desmond or the "kids" that were walking around that Eko and Jin saw?

I am still not sure about the Pilot thing. We really have only seen the monster with people a few times: where Locke didn't move, where Eko didn't move, where Locke was being dragged, where it killed the pilot/went after Jack/Kate/Charlie, and where Locke/Hurley stood still while getting dynamite. The only times that it got close to people it killed the pilot, grabbed Locke and let Eko and Locke go. We still don't know if it had bad intentions with dragging Locke, so it is hard to figure out its intentions.
Good analysis - It would appear that standing still and looking it in the eye may be the key to surviving.It's all theory, but could the monster have been trying to prevent Locke from "opening doors he shouldn't"? As intimated by Zeke?

IRRC, "Zeke" says, "You don't have to worry about Michael finding us"
At the time, I took this to mean that Michael would not be able to find The Others. Now, seeing it in print, I wonder if maybe The Others have already found Michael. It's been speculated that he's a good candidate for joining their side, considering his frenzied state of mind.Eventually, some of the current survivors are going to join The Others. It's just a matter of Who, and When, and Why.

Good analysis - It would appear that standing still and looking it in the eye may be the key to surviving.
That notion fits well with what I have been thinking...I think the monster reading Ecko's mind is a red herring. I took the flashes to be a projection of Ecko's mind; he was seeing/facing personal demons as he faced down the monster. Facing/embracing the fear is what Locke was doing when he let the monster take him. The pilot however, did not have a chance to face the fear because he was just ripped from the cockpit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good analysis - It would appear that standing still and looking it in the eye may be the key to surviving.It's all theory, but could the monster have been trying to prevent Locke from "opening doors he shouldn't"? As intimated by Zeke?
Tough call. When Jack and Kate threw the dynamite down the hole, Locke told them that it was OK, probably because he had seen the monster and it didn't harm him.We still don't really know what the monster wanted with Locke, but since it didn't skewer him on the spot, is it reasonable to think that it wasn't trying to kill him?

To be honest, the monster intrigues me a lot more than the Others, just because I want to know what it is protecting or trying to do.

Good analysis - It would appear that standing still and looking it in the eye may be the key to surviving.
That notion fits well with what I have been thinking...I think the monster reading Ecko's mind is a red herring. I took the flashes to be a projection of Ecko's mind; he was seeing/facing personal demons as he faced down the monster. Facing/embracing the fear is what Locke was doing when he let the monster take him. The pilot however, did not have a chance to face the fear because he was just ripped from the cockpit.
:goodposting: When we saw the monster, we saw what Charlie saw, we did not see what Eko saw.

Remember that Locke said he "saw the island and it was beatiful." That was right after his encounter, but we never saw what he saw.

I keep thinking that the whispers/monster/visions might be connected because in Sawyer's case with the whispers, it said that phrase "It'll come around" that only he would have know. Same thing with Jack chasing his Dad to the water. Same thing with Kate and the horse. Same thing with Walt's visions of the Polar Bear (from his comic book). Maybe the same with the Boar that chased Sawyer. Possibly the same thing with Shannon's vision's of Walt. The reason why I think that these are not personal dreams or sickness is that Kate touched the horse, the Polar Bear was obviously real and other people also saw the same visions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread