What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (10 Viewers)

Where did Jack get "Zeke", by the way?
Sawyer called him Zeke first. Just throwing something out there to call him. Assuming that he is thinking that Zeke sounds like a dirty white trash type of name. I don't think Zeke was complimentary.BTW, sorry to all the Zeke's out there, just relaying what I heard. ;)

Where did Jack get "Zeke", by the way?
Sawyer called him Zeke first. Just throwing something out there to call him. Assuming that he is thinking that Zeke sounds like a dirty white trash type of name. I don't think Zeke was complimentary.BTW, sorry to all the Zeke's out there, just relaying what I heard. ;)
Sawyer just made it onto Isaiah Thomas' #### list.

14 Nov 2005?

At least I think it's a 5 [ :banned: ].  It's definately 200X.
More evidence mounts!Great find!
Hulk, isn't this bad evidence for you?Jack is already married/getting divorced and I don't think that his plane trip to Australia was that much after this flashback. We don't know how long it was before his Dad botched the operation and went down under, but as I recall it seemed from Jack's meeting with Anna before the flight that him getting divorced/separated was pretty fresh. Check the transcript on that conversation. If that is the case, then the flight was pretty close to present time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the smoke monster doesn't kill good people.. like the kids and goodwin said Nathan wasn't taken because he wasn't good.... so the other people they took were. Maybe they surround themselves with good people and that keeps the smoke monster away? That's why the smoke monster didn't eat eko.. he was good.

14 Nov 2005?

Hulk, isn't this bad evidence for you?Jack is already married/getting divorced and I don't think that his plane trip to Australia was that much after this flashback. We don't know how long it was before his Dad botched the operation and went down under, but as I recall it seemed from Jack's meeting with Anna before the flight that him getting divorced/separated was pretty fresh. Check the transcript on that conversation. If that is the case, then the flight was pretty close to present time.
My best guess was the crash was 2007-09ish. Most people assume 2004. This date would indicate that the crash didn't take place in 2004, but sometime later. As for how much later, who knows? At least long enough for Jack to get a divorce.As for the different name of the hospital on the xray, the whole time I was under the impression that the italians had brought the x-ray's with them. I felt like that meeting was the first time Jack/Jack's dad met with the italians, and they were reviewing the possibility of what the was a longshot surgery. I had the impression that this was the last stop in a long line of doctors that the italians were seeing, and that Jack was their last hope since other doctors had probably said no to them.

Hence, the xrays could've been brought with them from another hospital, perhaps the first or second place they went to. So, no, they definitely don't rule anything out just because the name of the hospital is different.

Between the date on these xrays, the calendar in the recent Kate episode, and the poster in the Michael episode the evidence is mounting this season. It seems like every other week we get a new hint to the true timeline.

And people holding up that Sox quote like it means anything... please. The comment stood out to Sawyer... why do you think it would've stood out if the Sox hadn't recently won the series? I feel that it was a phrase Jack and his dad shared growing up, and they never stopped saying it despite them winning. Hence, it struck Sawyer as extra odd, and enough to connect Jack and his dad.

14 Nov 2005?

My best guess was the crash was 2007-09ish. Most people assume 2004. This date would indicate that the crash didn't take place in 2004, but sometime later. As for how much later, who knows? At least long enough for Jack to get a divorce.As for the different name of the hospital on the xray, the whole time I was under the impression that the italians had brought the x-ray's with them. I felt like that meeting was the first time Jack/Jack's dad met with the italians, and they were reviewing the possibility of what the was a longshot surgery. I had the impression that this was the last stop in a long line of doctors that the italians were seeing, and that Jack was their last hope since other doctors had probably said no to them.

Hence, the xrays could've been brought with them from another hospital, perhaps the first or second place they went to. So, no, they definitely don't rule anything out just because the name of the hospital is different.

Between the date on these xrays, the calendar in the recent Kate episode, and the poster in the Michael episode the evidence is mounting this season. It seems like every other week we get a new hint to the true timeline.

And people holding up that Sox quote like it means anything... please. The comment stood out to Sawyer... why do you think it would've stood out if the Sox hadn't recently won the series? I feel that it was a phrase Jack and his dad shared growing up, and they never stopped saying it despite them winning. Hence, it struck Sawyer as extra odd, and enough to connect Jack and his dad.
:goodposting: from top to bottom.

You know, I hate to say this but, when the Boatman had Kate with the gun to her head, it 100% reminded me of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. When the nazi held the gun against the head of the nazi chick and fooled Indy into surrendering.I think its just that, in tvland, whenever someone who is a hostage is a good guy, they always want to sacrafice themselves, and whenever they're baiting and fooling someone, they're freaking out/scared in the way Kate was.I'm sure its probably nothing, and this speculation is way off base, but I'm starting to distrust Kate a little bit.

14 Nov 2005?

At least I think it's a 5 [ :banned: ]. It's definately 200X.

If they wanted this to be a story point, they would have used a hospital ANYWHERE besides Oahu. Its a reach to think otherwise.They know we'd look it up. The only thing that could smooth this out would be to create a website for this fictitous hospital, which they might do. But until then, its pure slop.

You know, I hate to say this but, when the Boatman had Kate with the gun to her head, it 100% reminded me of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. When the nazi held the gun against the head of the nazi chick and fooled Indy into surrendering.

I think its just that, in tvland, whenever someone who is a hostage is a good guy, they always want to sacrafice themselves, and whenever they're baiting and fooling someone, they're freaking out/scared in the way Kate was.

I'm sure its probably nothing, and this speculation is way off base, but I'm starting to distrust Kate a little bit.
:lmao: Laughable.

You know, I hate to say this but, when the Boatman had Kate with the gun to her head, it 100% reminded me of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.  When the nazi held the gun against the head of the nazi chick and fooled Indy into surrendering.

I think its just that, in tvland, whenever someone who is a hostage is a good guy, they always want to sacrafice themselves, and whenever they're baiting and fooling someone, they're freaking out/scared in the way Kate was.

I'm sure its probably nothing, and this speculation is way off base, but I'm starting to distrust Kate a little bit.
I agree that its ridiculous. But, thats what I was thinking while watching the scene.

You know, I hate to say this but, when the Boatman had Kate with the gun to her head, it 100% reminded me of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.  When the nazi held the gun against the head of the nazi chick and fooled Indy into surrendering.

:goodposting: Gotta agree with Shuke on this one as much as I hate it. While you covered your ### with the last line, Kate has been one of the most seen people on the island, so it would be far-far-fetched to think that she ever had a chance to "become bad."

I would be freaking out/scared if I got grabbed by a bunch of hillbillies with guns and had a bag over my head and then a gun to my head. This isn't a buddy cop movie with just one bad guy.

I dunno shuke. Check this out... Henry Jones Jr used the psuedonym 'Indiana' and James adopted the name 'Sawyer'...

And Sawyer is friends with an Asian guy...

I think we can safely say Kate's a Nazi.

Hehe... Sorry (HULK)... I had to do it. :P

You know, I hate to say this but, when the Boatman had Kate with the gun to her head, it 100% reminded me of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. When the nazi held the gun against the head of the nazi chick and fooled Indy into surrendering.

I also think Eko was on the plane from Nigeria even though he appeared instantaneously in the water after the tail crashed. ;)

Random thoughts on Michael and possibly Charlie based on next week's previews.Both seem to be going a little nutters, both for pretty obvious reasons. But, what if they have "the sickness" Danielle was talking about?

:goodposting: Gotta agree with Shuke on this one as much as I hate it. While you covered your ### with the last line, Kate has been one of the most seen people on the island, so it would be far-far-fetched to think that she ever had a chance to "become bad."

I would be freaking out/scared if I got grabbed by a bunch of hillbillies with guns and had a bag over my head and then a gun to my head. This isn't a buddy cop movie with just one bad guy.
she was BAD when she arrived on the island. she killed her dad. if that isnt worthy of a spanking, nothing is. BAD!!!

Regarding the monster, I don't think what Eko saw was the same thing that killed the pilot.When they were in the cockpit, there were shadows moving around and a loud almost-mechanical-t-rex sound. Also, it sounded like footsteps.The smoke would not have had a shadow moving the way that one was.I think it's two different creatures. Was there a footprint found in season 1?

Random thoughts on Michael and possibly Charlie based on next week's previews.

Both seem to be going a little nutters, both for pretty obvious reasons. But, what if they have "the sickness" Danielle was talking about?
By "sickness" do you mean the cracking under the realization that you are alone on an island with strangers, have no forseeable hope of getting back to the well civilized life you are accustomed to and are going to die in the middle of nowhere (and, oh by the way, there's something running around the island occasionally offing someone)?

:unsure: PM-->QUOTE(shuke @ Jan 20 2006, 12:40 :unsure: PM)

You know, I hate to say this but, when the Boatman had Kate with the gun to her head, it 100% reminded me of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. When the nazi held the gun against the head of the nazi chick and fooled Indy into surrendering.I think its just that, in tvland, whenever someone who is a hostage is a good guy, they always want to sacrafice themselves, and whenever they're baiting and fooling someone, they're freaking out/scared in the way Kate was.

:lmao:

Laughable.
:goodposting:

Gotta agree with Shuke on this one as much as I hate it. While you covered your ### with the last line, Kate has been one of the most seen people on the island, so it would be far-far-fetched to think that she ever had a chance to "become bad."

she was BAD when she arrived on the island. she killed her dad. if that isnt worthy of a spanking, nothing is. BAD!!!

Spank away :unsure:

How did Hurley know that Sawyer was in the log but not Ethan, especially back when Sawyer wasn't very forthcoming with information?

How did Hurley know that Sawyer was in the log but not Ethan, especially back when Sawyer wasn't very forthcoming with information?
Didn't Hurley ask Sawyer and Sawyer did tell him his real name? I could have sworn he did in Season 1, but I am not 100% on that. I think that is it because Hurley must have told Locke about it. How else would Locke have known which "real name" was Sawyer's?

But how awesome would it be if HULK was right...This would be like calling that Nina Myers was the mole in Season 1 of 24...

Speaking of which... for fans of LOST who ALSO watch 24...

It just dawned on me as I was watching a rerun of 24 Season 2...

Kate Warner's father now plays Dr. Jack Shepard's father on LOST...

He may be the lone crossover actor on my two favourite shows...

John Terry

Bob Warner - 12 espisodes of 24

Dr Christian Shepard - 6 espisodes of Lost (and counting)

Funny, I had the exact same reaction.

14 Nov 2005?

:no: The writers have now confirmed that it was just another prop error.
For some reason, I can't get the link to work from my office.Could you post the text here, I want to read their lame excuses. They've said several times in interview about how meticulous they are with the set, and then they let something like that through by accident? :yucky:

Funny, I had the exact same reaction.
Its good to know I'm not alone. :bag:

Spoiler Picture from 2 episodes out.

]Spoiler Picture

FYI, this is a sizeable spoiler.
Damn you Hulk! ;) Holy Schneikes is all I can say. It is on. The rest of Season 2 is shaping up to be awesome. It may slow down near the end, but we are in for a treat for at least the next few weeks.

How could Kate be a bad guy? The Others would have had to convert her in the 50 days she's been on the island, and I really think that's unlikely. There's no way she's been on the island for longer than the other plane crash survivors as she was also on the plane. I guess she could be returning to the island, but again, that's unlikely IMO.Interesting theory, but I don't think it's possible.

Edit to say that I read somewhere (an interview with a writer perhaps) that no one has ever left the island. So I don't think she could be returning either.

Last edited by a moderator:
What struck me is who it looked like in the picture....
Who?
I didn't notice anything in particular about the guy, just seemed like a typical dark haired other guy, like the twins on the boat. I looked at all 24 of the pictures. Not sure why, but I had to. Anyway, they show Sawyer picking up Sun and carrying her to the beach, so I don't know if you got that picture mixed up with the actual kidnapper. They also show Sun OK later, so she obviously doesn't die.

How could Kate be a bad guy?
I am not saying this is happenening, but it isn't that far of a stretch.Think as if you were watching 24.

Maybe they caught her one an excursion the audience was never shown, and in exchange for her life, she offered up information on the survivors.

So, basically she became a mole.

Given what we have seen, it would HARDLY be out of character to see Kate sell out somebody else to save her own hide.

Who?
I didn't notice anything in particular about the guy, just seemed like a typical dark haired other guy, like the twins on the boat. I looked at all 24 of the pictures. Not sure why, but I had to. Anyway, they show Sawyer picking up Sun and carrying her to the beach, so I don't know if you got that picture mixed up with the actual kidnapper. They also show Sun OK later, so she obviously doesn't die.
At first glance it looked like Ethan....I know it isn't, but that's what I saw.

Who?
Oh, OK, I thought it was something interesting... ;)

Who?
Oh, OK, I thought it was something interesting... ;)
Oh Boy, Sun and Kate all wet, lips locked together...hubahuba!

14 Nov 2005?

At least I think it's a 5 [ :banned: ]. It's definately 200X.
:no: The writers have now confirmed that it was just another prop error.
For some reason, I can't get the link to work from my office.Could you post the text here, I want to read their lame excuses. They've said several times in interview about how meticulous they are with the set, and then they let something like that through by accident? :yucky:
Hola Javi,

Like Jin's resume, people are now speculating about the date on the X-ray in the hospital board room that Jack and his father were looking at in the Hunting Party. Apparently it is November 2005. Can you confirm this was a production error so we can stop with all the time travel stuff? You may have to be more careful with those props from now on. You know we're an obsessive lot!

Great talking to you. Lost is the best!
sadly another glitch - not the result of time travel...

ja

vi

Users who are viewing this thread