What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (3 Viewers)

Why the hate for Charlie? This episode moved the whole story forward greatly. This show was not great but it did involved many characters and gives credence to why Charlie used drugs. Charlie with the help of Locke before overcame his evils and can move forward. Unfortunately, Charlie is no where near alpha male and Locke seems to cherish that role and is going after it. This episode moved Charlie's character along nicely but pushed Locke's back a ton in my mind.

Why the hate for Charlie? This episode moved the whole story forward greatly. This show was not great but it did involved many characters and gives credence to why Charlie used drugs. Charlie with the help of Locke before overcame his evils and can move forward. Unfortunately, Charlie is no where near alpha male and Locke seems to cherish that role and is going after it.

This episode moved Charlie's character along nicely but pushed Locke's back a ton in my mind.
:bs:

"Our boy". I don't trust Locke at all. And now he's moving in.
I am getting the same feeling about Locke. Why the hell is he keeping the statues? Something to hold over Charlie or what?
I agree. The ominous music playing when they showed Locke up close after Charlie's shpeil about keeping Aaron safe.Another hint that Locke could be bad, is that the smoke monster tried to take him and left Eko alone.. and we (and even Adajbe on Kimmel) have hypothesized the monster only wants bad people.

If he does turn heel, I'll be real disappointed cuz he was/is one of my favorite characters. I mean he still could be a favorite even if he's evil.. so we'll have to wait and see.

I am getting the same feeling about Locke. Why the hell is he keeping the statues? Something to hold over Charlie or what?
I agree. The ominous music playing when they showed Locke up close after Charlie's shpeil about keeping Aaron safe.Another hint that Locke could be bad, is that the smoke monster tried to take him and left Eko alone.. and we (and even Adajbe on Kimmel) have hypothesized the monster only wants bad people.

If he does turn heel, I'll be real disappointed cuz he was/is one of my favorite characters. I mean he still could be a favorite even if he's evil.. so we'll have to wait and see.
The wife just reminded me about Claire's dream about Locke in season 1 when he had the black eyes. He also hit Sayid in one of the 1st episodes.

The wife just reminded me about Claire's dream about Locke in season 1 when he had the black eyes. He also hit Sayid in one of the 1st episodes.
Plus at the end, he again changed the lock on the gun cabinet and in the previews Jack is yelling at him about where Locke put the guns. He is starting to look like a bad guy to me now. Him hitting Charlie was a good thing. We saw Charlie's dreams, but I would have clocked him as well after starting a fire to grab the baby and lying about the statues. That said, I have no idea why Locke would keep the statues.Not sure if the monster dragging Locke down a hole means that he is bad because he, like Eko, did also have an earlier encounter with the monster where nothing happened to him. Remember his "I have seen the island and it is beautiful" comment?

That washer/dryer comment from Libby was a nice little jab at all of us nut-jobs!!
:lmao:
That was probably the highlight of the show.Again, Claire and Aaron get baptized, so why did Charlie look like he was turning to the dark side at the end? Didn't he get what he wanted? They made Locke and Charlie both look sort of bad, so I don't know if they are doing that just to screw with us or not.

I was a little disappointed that nothing climactic happened when Aaron was baptized. I was hoping the condor thing from the jungle would make an appearance like the dove in Eko's story about John the Baptist.

So what is Libby hiding? That story about Hurley stepping on her foot when he asked if they knew each other from before was plain BS. It was so obvious that she was avoiding the question and made the foot thing up.The BS story aside she definitely noticed that Hurley was the last one on board and sweating profusely, so she probably did know him from before and thus remembered him getting on last.My thought is that she is not a psychologist, but that she was actually a patient at the same institution that Hurley was in.

Maybe when he 1st saw the "monster" he was good but has since switched sides. We've seen that so far with Eko who started out as a drug dealer and murderer but is now a man of God. Can Locke be a man of the devil? Good bad black white, hell tonight we saw fire and water.

Also, side note, Libby was a patient at the hospital as well as Hurley. I think she might have followed him.
Plus at the end, he again changed the lock on the gun cabinet and in the previews Jack is yelling at him about where Locke put the guns. He is starting to look like a bad guy to me now. Him hitting Charlie was a good thing. We saw Charlie's dreams, but I would have clocked him as well after starting a fire to grab the baby and lying about the statues. That said, I have no idea why Locke would keep the statues.Not sure if the monster dragging Locke down a hole means that he is bad because he, like Eko, did also have an earlier encounter with the monster where nothing happened to him. Remember his "I have seen the island and it is beautiful" comment?
Edit - Somehow my post got mixed in the middle of the quoteMaybe when he 1st saw the "monster" he was good but has since switched sides. We've seen that so far with Eko who started out as a drug dealer and murderer but is now a man of God. Can Locke be a man of the devil? Good bad black white, hell tonight we saw fire and water.

Also, side note, Libby was a patient at the hospital as well as Hurley. I think she might have followed him.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what is Libby hiding? That story about Hurley stepping on her foot when he asked if they knew each other from before was plain BS. It was so obvious that she was avoiding the question and made the foot thing up.

The BS story aside she definitely noticed that Hurley was the last one on board and sweating profusely, so she probably did know him from before and thus remembered him getting on last.

My thought is that she is not a psychologist, but that she was actually a patient at the same institution that Hurley was in.
She did seem to know about medical stuff when Sawyer was hurt in the Tailies camp, but that's not to say a crazy person couldn't know medical stuff. Interesting theory... we'll have to keep an eye on it.

I liked Locke beating the snot out of Charlie :thumbup: I think Charlie will be leaving the group soon. I really dont like the Anna Lucia character. I didnt like her to start with but her asking Jack "Are you hitting it?" in reference to Kate sealed the deal.I just like my girls to be more like girls. She is to tough and to guy like.

I liked Locke beating the snot out of Charlie :thumbup:

I think Charlie will be leaving the group soon. I really dont like the Anna Lucia character. I didnt like her to start with but her asking Jack "Are you hitting it?" in reference to Kate sealed the deal.

I just like my girls to be more like girls. She is to tough and to guy like.
I guess it wouldn't surprise me for a woman cop to be tough and guy like. I like her character, she has her flaws, but I personally liked her flashback where she capped the guy that killed her baby.

Is this something you read or just your thought as well? Not to reveal a spoiler or anything, just wondering.Her response definitely made me think she was hiding something that she thought Hurley might figure out.

I can't believe that Locke actually hit Charlie. It's not in character. He watched as Charlie told Claire that Aaron had to be baptised.Yes I do believe that Locke was shown w/black eyes, so was Aaron at birth. IIRC

God I hope that's enough of Charlie for the next year. That episode was brutal.
:goodposting: Just horrible. That was the episode we get with a week off next week too. Easily the worst of the show so far.

Sawyer to Hurley: "I'm sure you have a load to drop." ;) I think Claire is going to be axed soon. Her character is just so oft-putting. I think they are doing it so we don't miss her so much when they kill her off.

Maybe Locke "turns heel" from our perspective, but maybe he knows or feels something we don't so his actions are part of something bigger, and look misleading to us and to the other survivors?

Is this something you read or just your thought as well? Not to reveal a spoiler or anything, just wondering.Her response definitely made me think she was hiding something that she thought Hurley might figure out.
I didn't think that it was ever explicitly stated that Hurley was a patient, just that he had been to the hospital enough to know folks there.

That was probably the first episode I disliked since the series started. I really could care less about Charlie or Claire. Their characters are so stagnant and tired. MY BAYBAY!

That was probably the first episode I disliked since the series started. I really could care less about Charlie or Claire. Their characters are so stagnant and tired. MY BAYBAY!
As much as I was bored with Charlie and Claire, this episode really made me despise Locke.

So what is Libby hiding? That story about Hurley stepping on her foot when he asked if they knew each other from before was plain BS. It was so obvious that she was avoiding the question and made the foot thing up.

The BS story aside she definitely noticed that Hurley was the last one on board and sweating profusely, so she probably did know him from before and thus remembered him getting on last.

My thought is that she is not a psychologist, but that she was actually a patient at the same institution that Hurley was in.
If Libby was from the tail section of the plane and Hurley from the front, how would Hurley have stepped on her foot while getting to his seat? He was the last one on the plane, so Libby would already have been sitting (or at least standing at) her seat in the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the baptism thing isn't too important a theme going forward. If the others show up to steal Aaron, and somehow can't because he's been baptised...So far we know they've captured Claire (not baptised), Walt (???), children from the tail of the plane (???), the french lady's kid (presumably not baptised, born on the island)If the common thread is that they only want people who haven't been baptised, or whose souls haven't been given to god...Lets just say I'll be very disappointed.

Episode almost put me to sleep but I guess it had to be done. 2 things I took from it, Charlie is now the outcast of the tribe and will be on the fringe of things going forward until such a time as Claire or her BAYBEE are threatened. He will step in and save the day unexpectadly and either come back to the fold or be killed in the attempt.Locke is bad. He has been going this way since his first confrontation with Jack and the writers seem to be pushing him towards the "dark side" more and more. I think Locke feels like he owes the island since he can walk now and do whatever it takes not to lose that gift, whether it is joining up with the others, sacrificing Claires BAYBEE to the smoke monster or whatever. :2cents:

Theyve been angling this Locke is evil stuff since way back from the beginning. Remember the 1st episode ever they faded out focusing on Locke who was staring at the other survivors while they played ominous music in the background?

We should probably all put that episode behind us.In the preview for next week, there is an intriguing moment with Hurly and Sayid listening to some sort of radio, and Hurley goes, "Did you HEAR that?!?!?" I couldn't figure out what it sounded like. Some sort of digitized wookie call. Anyone else get a bead on what it sounded like?

My thoughts:1. The washer/dryer thing was hysterical. 2. I'm with the "get rid of Charlie and Claire" group. Just not interested in them at all. I'm kinda numb to the whole -druggie making a new life - story line, no matter the setting.3. I think Locke kept the things because heroin is a good drug to have around. They have medical supplies now, and I'm going to assume a couple needles. You could use the heroin to either knock someone out without any physical proof, or use it as some kind of poor man's truth detector - lower inhibitions, all that.4. I'm not so sure I'm with the "Locke is evil" camp yet. I can see the potential, though. I'm thinking more along the lines that he doesn't want to leave and will do whatever it takes to keep his world in order there. If there is a battle with the Others, or a way is found off the island, he losses something.5. I know that the writers have said that religion isn't the main theme here, but I just don't see how it isn't. There are too many overtones that are taking us down that road. I don't necessarily dislike it, though.

If Libby was from the tail section of the plane and Hurley from the front, how would Hurley have stepped on her foot while getting to his seat? He was the last one on the plane, so Libby would already have been sitting (or at least standing at) her seat in the back.
Interesting.

I don't get why you guys think Locke is "evil" all of a sudden.Charlie took the baby from his crib twice, and started a fire that threatened the camp. So what if Locke hit him.

I dont remember this... anyone have screen shots from it? IMO, this would seem to be a very good indicator that Locke eventually does somthing to harm Claire/Aaron.

I don't get why you guys think Locke is "evil" all of a sudden.

Charlie took the baby from his crib twice, and started a fire that threatened the camp. So what if Locke hit him.
I agree. I took it as more of a "beating some sense into him" thing. Instead of punching him, I wish he would have shot him 5 or 6 times.

Charlie took the baby from his crib twice, and started a fire that threatened the camp. So what if Locke hit him.
I dont think he is evil right now but I think he will turn evil eventually. There's been lots of foreshadowing towards that.

Okay, bad/evil might not be the best way to describe Locke but I stand by my assertion that he has an agenda and he is being set up to carry out that agenda, regardless of consequence to anyone or any group on the island.

Charlie took the baby from his crib twice, and started a fire that threatened the camp.  So what if Locke hit him.
I agree. I took it as more of a "beating some sense into him" thing. Instead of punching him, I wish he would have shot him 5 or 6 times.
I agree that Locke's actions were definitely warranted.Locke is such a strange character and that is the problem people have with him. Every time they show him do something good, he tends to look bad the next minute. He has his own ideas and agenda that he doesn't really share, but it doesn't seem like he has ever intentionally harmed someone.

Yes, he indirectly got Boone killed, but I seem to remember him telling Boone to get out of the plane when it started shaking, but Boone said it was OK. He also ignored Hurley about the numbers and lit the dynamite. Any normal person would have just stopped for a second to hear what Hurley had to say, but Locke wanted to open the hatch no matter what. I still can't get a bead on Locke, but I think he is good person, but he definitely thinks he knows the island and thus doesn't always listen to or act like the rest of the survivors.

Users who are viewing this thread