Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series

That was probably the first episode I disliked since the series started. I really could care less about Charlie or Claire. Their characters are so stagnant and tired. MY BAYBAY!

Keep your fingers crossed that there are hungry dingos somewhere on the island.

Charlie: Why are you marking these trees?Eko: Because I like them.

What the heck was that about?

Okay, bad/evil might not be the best way to describe Locke but I stand by my assertion that he has an agenda and he is being set up to carry out that agenda, regardless of consequence to anyone or any group on the island.

I don't know if I agree with that. I agree that he does have his own agenda but I don't think he is malicious or at least that he is trying to hurt people. Again, to this day I still think that the smoke monster has something to do with the "visions" that people have seen, so I am not sure what Locke actually saw that he thought was so beautiful about the island.

Damn, I just remembered him knocking Sayid out. What was Locke's explanation for that? I can't remember it.

Charlie: Why are you marking these trees?

Eko:  Because I like them.

Good catch, I forgot about that because Eko was going through those same trees after the fire, I think. He had a very disappointed look on his face until Claire asked him about the baptism.

Hey, aardball (I think?) if you are still thinking about a Locke/Eko confrontation based on the myth, you definitely saw some more character differences based on their descriptions of baptism to Claire.

Dont know if it had been mentioned but there have been 2 people to stare down the black fog.

Eko and Locke have both stared it down and presumably been scanned.  Locke in the first season in one episode was seen staring up into the camera and then it went to commercial.  After the show came back Locke was seen walking into camp I believe.  It was later, dont know if it was same show, that Locke was grabbed.  I am thinking the Locke being grabbed monster and the stare down monster are two different ones if the grabbing one is even a monster.

I mentioned yesterday, only a page back:

Eko is the yang to Locke's yin. Locke is the Good half (yin), which contains a touch of Evil within it; Eko is the Evil half (yang), which contains a bit of Good.

And if my earlier theory pans out (about Locke representing Gilgamesh, and Eko representing his enemy/friend Enkidu), then Eko, alas, will eventually be killed...but not before he and Locke together defeat (or at least face) a common enemy. This has already begun to happen, with the two of them facing down the smoke monster.

I might have been wrong about Locke being the "good" half of the yin-yang, and Ecko being the "bad" half. Could be reversed...

:unsure:

Edited the original post instead of bumping it as I intended.

Good catch, I forgot about that because Eko was going through those same trees after the fire, I think. He had a very disappointed look on his face until Claire asked him about the baptism.

Hey, aardball (I think?) if you are still thinking about a Locke/Eko confrontation based on the myth, you definitely saw some more character differences based on their descriptions of baptism to Claire.

;)

Good timing.

So what is Libby hiding? That story about Hurley stepping on her foot when he asked if they knew each other from before was plain BS. It was so obvious that she was avoiding the question and made the foot thing up.

The BS story aside she definitely noticed that Hurley was the last one on board and sweating profusely, so she probably did know him from before and thus remembered him getting on last.

My thought is that she is not a psychologist, but that she was actually a patient at the same institution that Hurley was in.

If Libby was from the tail section of the plane and Hurley from the front, how would Hurley have stepped on her foot while getting to his seat? He was the last one on the plane, so Libby would already have been sitting (or at least standing at) her seat in the back.

Interesting.

That was a good catch by McFly. I forgot about that. She definitely could have seen Hurley since he was the last guy on the plane and he would be hard to miss, but if she was in the back, he couldn't have stepped on her foot.

It was so obvious that she was lying to Hurley, so we will have to see where that goes. She might just be trying to hide the fact that she digs his Jabba-### and she doesn't want him to remember that she was in the ward with him, or it maybe be something far more eeeeevillll than that. ;)

;)

Good timing.

I try, but I knew it was coming. :D

;)

Good timing.

I try, but I knew it was coming. :D

If my theory is correct it may be Locke who dies, and not Ecko.

:popcorn:

Claire may be a boring character but she is much much hotter than Kate. There, I've said it.

:no:

Season 1 I was all about Kate. Thats faded some though, and Claire has come on strong. Maybe its the accent.

Plus she's not fat anymore. :thumbup:

Thanks for reminding me about this.

I was going to ask yesterday why when the monster rips trees out of the ground, we don't see downed trees uprooted. Sure it's a big island and it could be hurling them several feet (miles?) away, but I'm begining to think it's not really displacing trees at all and that it's some kind of hallucination effect (ie. on par with Jack's dad and Kate's horse).

So if it's not really pulling trees out of the ground, who's to say the island isn't generating new trees? Sort of like an ever changing maze. Sure it's a stretch, but why else would someone mark trees? IMO, it's because he wants to see if new ones pop up.

:shrug:

Thanks for reminding me about this.

I was going to ask yesterday why when the monster rips trees out of the ground, we don't see downed trees uprooted. Sure it's a big island and it could be hurling them several feet (miles?) away, but I'm begining to think it's not really displacing trees at all and that it's some kind of hallucination effect (ie. on par with Jack's dad and Kate's horse).

So if it's not really pulling trees out of the ground, who's to say the island isn't generating new trees? Sort of like an ever changing maze. Sure it's a stretch, but why else would someone mark trees? IMO, it's because he wants to see if new ones pop up.

Welcome to my thinking. ;)

I think that the monster, the visions and the voices are all connected. Once we saw the smoke monster read Eko's mind, there was no doubt in my mind that it was connected to the visions.

Again, anytime someone has confronted the monster directly (Locke and Eko), we have not actually seen what they saw right in front of them, we saw from someone else's vantage point that wasn't being scanned. Something tells me that it might be able to implant thoughts as well as read them, thus the voices that people hear, etc.

Maybe I am way off, but it is similar to Michael and the computer, when Jack walked directly behind Michael, there was nothing on the screen. I think that there is something on the island that is reading the survivors thoughts and in some way implanting things as visions.

I don't get why you guys think Locke is "evil" all of a sudden.

:bag::bag::bag::bag:

This is worse than last week's Kate is evil theory.

:bag::bag::bag::bag:

Not even close.

I think he's going to build a church...

Anyone notice that the whole 'Numbers' Storyline has just been DROPPED? They haven't mentioned it in at least a 1/2 dozen episodes.

Anyone notice that the whole 'Numbers' Storyline has just been DROPPED? They haven't mentioned it in at least a 1/2 dozen episodes.

Next week is the repeat of the Numbers episode

And the 108 minutes angle has been diminished.

They should have at least one character fixated on making sure the right buttons are pushed every 108 minutes. It was Desmond's raison d'être, but now it seems the job falls to whomever is in the shelter at the moment.

Anyone else think theres just way too many characters now? We barely see Sayid anymore and he was probably the main focus for the whole 1st season.

Because they don't mean anything.

Anyone notice that the whole 'Numbers' Storyline has just been DROPPED?  They haven't mentioned it in at least a 1/2 dozen episodes.

They should have at least one character fixated on making sure the right buttons are pushed every 108 minutes. It was Desmond's raison d'être, but now it seems the job falls to whomever is in the shelter at the moment.

They have shifts. What's the problem?

Anyone else think theres just way too many characters now? We barely see Sayid anymore and he was probably the main focus for the whole 1st season.

More characters means more characters to knock off this season.

:popcorn::stirspot:

Anyone notice that the whole 'Numbers' Storyline has just been DROPPED?  They haven't mentioned it in at least a 1/2 dozen episodes.

Thats because Desmond was by himself. Now there's like 50 people available to push the button. Now its like a job instead of an obsession.

Yup. Desmond dropped off the face of the Earth as well.

Hadn't realized they had established shifts. Still, they seem a bit casual about it when you consider Desmond's paranoia and the Quarantine signs and all.

I'm really looking forward to the day someone drops the ball and the 108 minutes expire without being re-set.

More characters means more characters to knock off this season.

:popcorn::stirspot:

Yup. If you're going to have a war you need to have enough people so that when some die you can continue fighting. Edited by I95

Hadn't realized they had established shifts. Still, they seem a bit casual about it when you consider Desmond's paranoia and the Quarantine signs and all.

I'm really looking forward to the day someone drops the ball and the 108 minutes expire without being re-set.

Desmond's paranoia was because he was sleep depraved. He had to wake up every 104 minutes to enter the code.

Charlie took the baby from his crib twice, and started a fire that threatened the camp. So what if Locke hit him.

#### that.. who is locke to judge? his plane vision ended up getting boone killed? where was someone to smack him around for that? I originally liked locke but it's time for jack or even better ecko to give him a beat down.

charlie made a great point about kate seeing horses, everyone seeing walt and yet they aren't crazy, but he is...so what if was using drugs?

If I was stuck on that wacko island I'd use every day.

Okay, bad/evil might not be the best way to describe Locke but I stand by my assertion that he has an agenda and he is being set up to carry out that agenda, regardless of consequence to anyone or any group on the island.

just like his obsession with the hatch at all costs

Charlie took the baby from his crib twice, and started a fire that threatened the camp.  So what if Locke hit him.

#### that.. who is locke to judge? his plane vision ended up getting boone killed? where was someone to smack him around for that? I originally liked locke but it's time for jack or even better ecko to give him a beat down.

charlie made a great point about kate seeing horses, everyone seeing walt and yet they aren't crazy, but he is...so what if was using drugs?

If I was stuck on that wacko island I'd use every day.

Good point.

I thought Locke acted really out of character last night.

Just last week he is telling Jack that you cant make people do things.

This week he is not allowing Charlie to make his own decisions.

I think we are starting to see some kind of transformation in Locke.

I don't know if I agree with that. I agree that he does have his own agenda but I don't think he is malicious or at least that he is trying to hurt people. Again, to this day I still think that the smoke monster has something to do with the "visions" that people have seen, so I am not sure what Locke actually saw that he thought was so beautiful about the island.

Damn, I just remembered him knocking Sayid out. What was Locke's explanation for that? I can't remember it.

I think as the season's have progressed you see Locke grow bolder in the pursuit of his "agenda". He may not be trying to hurt people but people are being hurt because of his actions and he seems less remorseful (that a word) with every occurance. He almost blew Hurley up because of his obsession with the hatch.

I'm not sure what his objective is these days but I'm pretty sure if someone got in his way and tried to stop him from obtaining it he wouldn't blink before he killed them.

I think as the season's have progressed you see Locke grow bolder in the pursuit of his "agenda". He may not be trying to hurt people but people are being hurt because of his actions and he seems less remorseful (that a word) with every occurance. He almost blew Hurley up because of his obsession with the hatch.

I'm not sure what his objective is these days but I'm pretty sure if someone got in his way and tried to stop him from obtaining it he wouldn't blink before he killed them.

We already know his baseline agenda. He wants answers. He won't stop until he has them. He wouldn't give up trying to see his father after the man conned him and the woman who loved him asked him to stop.

The inability to let go is his fatal character flaw. In season one he was being "directed" by God/the island/hallucinations (still not sure who/what he attributed the visions and voices to) to complete a set of actions. Early on it was find the small plane that had crashed and open the hatch. Now it is what?

IMO they are quickly ruining this show. My biggest pet peeve is when a show or movie takes likeable characters and screws them over or makes them do "unlikeable" things. I can deal with Sawyer being a jerk because "that's Sawyer". But why tourture Charlie like this? He's a good guy and I want to like him, but setting fires and stealing babies doesn't make me want to like him. And Locke is normally the calm, collected, rational person - not the guy that punches people in the face out of anger or jealousy. (yeah - I sense jealousy and that Locke is growing "closer" to Claire)I'm giving the show a chance because in my mind they built up a lot of credibility with a tremendous Season 1. But thus far Season 2 is a huge disappointment.Oh - and stop showing a month of reruns every four weeks - keep the story moving. It's no accident that FOX chooses to show 4 hours of "24" to start their season - hook the viewer and keep 'em tuned in. Don't drag them along then make them wait a month for a new episode. ABC Execs please take note.TIA.

But thus far Season 2 is a huge disappointment.

could not disagree more...every episdoe (with the exception of last night) has been stellar

You should be happy then because supposedly we are going to see what happens in Season 2. I don't know when, probably in the finale as part of a cliffhanger, but the writers or producers have said that that will be covered this season.

Desmond's paranoia was because he was sleep depraved. He had to wake up every 104 minutes to enter the code.

I don't know about sleep depraved, but he was probably sleep deprived. ;)

But thus far Season 2 is a huge disappointment.

could not disagree more...every episdoe (with the exception of last night) has been stellar

:goodposting:

It is still the best show on TV. Even with the show last night, just getting the preview of the next show was worth it. Looks like a dandy.

We already know his baseline agenda. He wants answers. He won't stop until he has them. He wouldn't give up trying to see his father after the man conned him and the woman who loved him asked him to stop.

The inability to let go is his fatal character flaw. In season one he was being "directed" by God/the island/hallucinations (still not sure who/what he attributed the visions and voices to) to complete a set of actions. Early on it was find the small plane that had crashed and open the hatch. Now it is what?

That's the confusing part. Ever since he got inside the hatch he doesn't seem very interested in the answers anymore. Its as if pushing the button was his objective the whole time.

Remember when he was all about having "faith", what ever happened to that?

IMO they are quickly ruining this show. My biggest pet peeve is when a show or movie takes likeable characters and screws them over or makes them do "unlikeable" things. I can deal with Sawyer being a jerk because "that's Sawyer". But why tourture Charlie like this? He's a good guy and I want to like him, but setting fires and stealing babies doesn't make me want to like him. And Locke is normally the calm, collected, rational person - not the guy that punches people in the face out of anger or jealousy. (yeah - I sense jealousy and that Locke is growing "closer" to Claire)

I'm giving the show a chance because in my mind they built up a lot of credibility with a tremendous Season 1. But thus far Season 2 is a huge disappointment.

Oh - and stop showing a month of reruns every four weeks - keep the story moving. It's no accident that FOX chooses to show 4 hours of "24" to start their season - hook the viewer and keep 'em tuned in. Don't drag them along then make them wait a month for a new episode. ABC Execs please take note.

TIA.

I don't think Locke is doing anything out of character. The dark side of his personality didn't seem so bad when we, like him, wanted to know what was in that hatch. Now that it's known and is still on a mission, the dark side is coming to the front. The results from his actions aren't visible yet. Punching Charlie should help move him (Charlie) away from the group, thus letting Locke be closer to Aaron... Edited by I95

That's the confusing part. Ever since he got inside the hatch he doesn't seem very interested in the answers anymore. Its as if pushing the button was his objective the whole time.

Remember when he was all about having "faith", what ever happened to that?

I think he still has it, but has shifted focus. We just don't know what his focus is yet. I think the writers are doing that to build suspense for a reveal moment later this season.

IMO they are quickly ruining this show. My biggest pet peeve is when a show or movie takes likeable characters and screws them over or makes them do "unlikeable" things. I can deal with Sawyer being a jerk because "that's Sawyer". But why tourture Charlie like this? He's a good guy and I want to like him, but setting fires and stealing babies doesn't make me want to like him. And Locke is normally the calm, collected, rational person - not the guy that punches people in the face out of anger or jealousy. (yeah - I sense jealousy and that Locke is growing "closer" to Claire)

I'm giving the show a chance because in my mind they built up a lot of credibility with a tremendous Season 1. But thus far Season 2 is a huge disappointment.

Oh - and stop showing a month of reruns every four weeks - keep the story moving. It's no accident that FOX chooses to show 4 hours of "24" to start their season - hook the viewer and keep 'em tuned in. Don't drag them along then make them wait a month for a new episode. ABC Execs please take note.

TIA.

By the way, in the past week Lost was #11 and 24 was #20, so I think ABC is still OK. That #11 was also with the AFC Championship, NFC Championship and Golden Globes ahead of Lost, not to mention #2 and #3 being American Idol.

Not that I don't like 24 as well and how they show it without reruns, but Lost is doing quite well, so ABC is doing fine with it.

IMO they are quickly ruining this show.  My biggest pet peeve is when a show or movie takes likeable characters and screws them over or makes them do "unlikeable" things.  I can deal with Sawyer being a jerk because "that's Sawyer".  But why tourture Charlie like this?  He's a good guy and I want to like him, but setting fires and stealing babies doesn't make me want to like him.  And Locke is normally the calm, collected, rational person - not the guy that punches people in the face out of anger or jealousy. (yeah - I sense jealousy and that Locke is growing "closer" to Claire)

I'm giving the show a chance because in my mind they built up a lot of credibility with a tremendous Season 1.  But thus far Season 2 is a huge disappointment.

Oh - and stop showing a month of reruns every four weeks - keep the story moving.  It's no accident that FOX chooses to show 4 hours of "24" to start their season - hook the viewer and keep 'em tuned in.  Don't drag them along then make them wait a month for a new episode.  ABC Execs please take note.

TIA.

I don't think Locke is doing anything out of character. The dark side of his personality didn't seem so bad when we, like him, wanted to know what was in that hatch. Now that it's known and is still on a mission, the dark side is coming to the front. The results from his actions aren't visible yet. Punching Charlie should help move him away from the group, thus letting Locke be closer to Aaron...

He stole the baby for the SECOND time.....Not to mention setting a fire that put the whole camp in danger. He deserved to get hit. Edited by Oaktown

IMO they are quickly ruining this show.  My biggest pet peeve is when a show or movie takes likeable characters and screws them over or makes them do "unlikeable" things.  I can deal with Sawyer being a jerk because "that's Sawyer".  But why tourture Charlie like this?  He's a good guy and I want to like him, but setting fires and stealing babies doesn't make me want to like him.  And Locke is normally the calm, collected, rational person - not the guy that punches people in the face out of anger or jealousy. (yeah - I sense jealousy and that Locke is growing "closer" to Claire)

I'm giving the show a chance because in my mind they built up a lot of credibility with a tremendous Season 1.  But thus far Season 2 is a huge disappointment.

Oh - and stop showing a month of reruns every four weeks - keep the story moving.  It's no accident that FOX chooses to show 4 hours of "24" to start their season - hook the viewer and keep 'em tuned in.  Don't drag them along then make them wait a month for a new episode.  ABC Execs please take note.

TIA.

I don't think Locke is doing anything out of character. The dark side of his personality didn't seem so bad when we, like him, wanted to know what was in that hatch. Now that it's known and is still on a mission, the dark side is coming to the front. The results from his actions aren't visible yet. Punching Charlie should help move him away from the group, thus letting Locke be closer to Aaron...

He stole the baby for the SECOND time.....Not to mention setting a fire that put the whole camp in danger. He deserved to get hit.

But he was totally calm when Walt set fire to the raft.

TIA.

He stole the baby for the SECOND time.....Not to mention setting a fire that put the whole camp in danger. He deserved to get hit.

Not defending Charlie. Just saying that Locke saw an opportunity and took it. The man doesn't seem to ever say anything directly, nor does he ever seem to approach a task with fully open, explained intentions. By saying that punching chralie should help move "him" away from the group I meant that Charlie would be moved away, not Locke. Sorry for any confusion.

TIA.

I'm not saying that the didn't "deserve" to get hit. But the fact that he did something like that makes Charlie an unlikeable character - and I like Charlie. I don't want to see his character become an outcast.

And even tho Charlie "deserves" to get hit, Locke shouldn't be the guy hitting him. Jack, Sawyer, Sayid - any of them it would have been in character for them to hit Charlie. Again - they are making a "bad guy" (for lack of a better word) out of Charlie and Locke, and I just don't personally like that. It's just the way I am.

And I know ABC isn't "hurting" because of their format. I'm just suggesting that the show would be more enjoyable if you didn't have to watch a month of reruns between a month of new episodes. It's obviously working for them so I don't expect them to change - but I still like FOX's approach better.

Claire may be a boring character but she is much much hotter than Kate. There, I've said it.

Clearly you've been drinking.

Ummmm, yep. :banned:

Charlie took the baby from his crib twice, and started a fire that threatened the camp.  So what if Locke hit him.

#### that.. who is locke to judge?

Easy, killer. It's a TV show.

Clearly you've been drinking.

I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 20 years, and I agree with him. Kate is overrated. Claire- :wub: