What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (3 Viewers)

A couple quick points on why last night's episode was EXTREMELY important to the overall premise:1. It brought back into the forefront something that hadn't been really touched on this season, and that is, that Claire and her baby is going to be a large factor in the overall answer to what is going on. From the psychic in season 1, to her getting put on an airplane to LA to give up her baby when there was nobody there to receive it, to her ex-boyfriend having art work in his apartment that matches artwork in the hatch, to The Others trying to steal the baby before it was born.I know the story on the numbers and the hatch and the confrontation with The Others is fun, but from an overall standpoint if you don't think the back story behind Walt and Aaron are vital...well, your eye isn't on the ball.2. It IS clear that Hurley did recognize Libby, AND she knows why- so she made up that story. Let's go back to the Hurley flashback for a second. Remember when he was in the Record store hitting on the clerk and as he was walking out a Blonde woman appeared with omnious music accompanying her for a second before the scene switched? There was a lot of talk about that moment on this board. I think it is a good time to see if we have any screen caps on "That Blond Woman in the Record Store"....... see if we have a Libby match. Holla if you hear me.

This just in: they're making this #### up as they go along. Even if they have some type of "master plan" for the show, they need filler material, because they have no idea how long the show will be on the air. That is the nature of network television.Deal with it.Some of you people act like you've never watched a television show before.

This just in: they're making this #### up as they go along. Even if they have some type of "master plan" for the show, they need filler material, because they have no idea how long the show will be on the air. That is the nature of network television.

Deal with it.

Some of you people act like you've never watched a television show before.
How the hell do you know?

This just in: they're making this #### up as they go along. Even if they have some type of "master plan" for the show, they need filler material, because they have no idea how long the show will be on the air. That is the nature of network television.

Deal with it.

You mean there are other shows!? :eek:

Deal with it.

the writers just planted shuke here years ago in anticipation of this very discussion so that he could derail us :tinfoilhat:

This just in: they're making this #### up as they go along.  Even if they have some type of "master plan" for the show, they need filler material, because they have no idea how long the show will be on the air.  That is the nature of network television.

Deal with it.

They have a huge success on they're hands. It may last another 2 years, 4 years, 10 years, who knows.With that in mind, do you think they're going to answer all the questions right now?

Common sense down?

This just in: they're making this #### up as they go along.  Even if they have some type of "master plan" for the show, they need filler material, because they have no idea how long the show will be on the air.  That is the nature of network television.

Deal with it.

They have a huge success on they're hands. It may last another 2 years, 4 years, 10 years, who knows.With that in mind, do you think they're going to answer all the questions right now?

Common sense down?
Speculation up?

A couple quick points on why last night's episode was EXTREMELY important to the overall premise:

1. It brought back into the forefront something that hadn't been really touched on this season, and that is, that Claire and her baby is going to be a large factor in the overall answer to what is going on. From the psychic in season 1, to her getting put on an airplane to LA to give up her baby when there was nobody there to receive it, to her ex-boyfriend having art work in his apartment that matches artwork in the hatch, to The Others trying to steal the baby before it was born.

I know the story on the numbers and the hatch and the confrontation with The Others is fun, but from an overall standpoint if you don't think the back story behind Walt and Aaron are vital...well, your eye isn't on the ball.

2. It IS clear that Hurley did recognize Libby, AND she knows why- so she made up that story. Let's go back to the Hurley flashback for a second. Remember when he was in the Record store hitting on the clerk and as he was walking out a Blonde woman appeared with omnious music accompanying her for a second before the scene switched? There was a lot of talk about that moment on this board. I think it is a good time to see if we have any screen caps on "That Blond Woman in the Record Store"....... see if we have a Libby match.

Holla if you hear me.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

First off, I'd like to say that in my opinion, Shannon was not hot at all. I have no idea how most of you think she was.I believe Libby wants to get close to Hurley because she knows he is a gazillionaire, and will keep it to herself.

I don't get why you guys think Locke is "evil" all of a sudden.

Charlie took the baby from his crib twice, and started a fire that threatened the camp.  So what if Locke hit him.
I agree. I took it as more of a "beating some sense into him" thing. Instead of punching him, I wish he would have shot him 5 or 6 times.
:goodposting: :goodposting: God I hate that little hobbit.

Here's an interpretation of what doves often mean in dreams. Not sure it has anything to do with what we'll see on the show but I thought I'd post it all the same because the dream clearly meant something in the eyes of the writers:"To see doves in your dream, symbolizes peace, tranquility, harmony, and innocence. In particular, to see white doves in your dream, symbolizes loyalty and friendships. It may also represent a message and blessing from the Holy Spirit. You have let go of your thoughts of hate and revenge."

A couple quick points on why last night's episode was EXTREMELY important to the overall premise:

1. It brought back into the forefront something that hadn't been really touched on this season, and that is, that Claire and her baby is going to be a large factor in the overall answer to what is going on. From the psychic in season 1, to her getting put on an airplane to LA to give up her baby when there was nobody there to receive it, to her ex-boyfriend having art work in his apartment that matches artwork in the hatch, to The Others trying to steal the baby before it was born.

I know the story on the numbers and the hatch and the confrontation with The Others is fun, but from an overall standpoint if you don't think the back story behind Walt and Aaron are vital...well, your eye isn't on the ball.

2. It IS clear that Hurley did recognize Libby, AND she knows why- so she made up that story. Let's go back to the Hurley flashback for a second. Remember when he was in the Record store hitting on the clerk and as he was walking out a Blonde woman appeared with omnious music accompanying her for a second before the scene switched? There was a lot of talk about that moment on this board. I think it is a good time to see if we have any screen caps on "That Blond Woman in the Record Store"....... see if we have a Libby match.

Holla if you hear me.
The girl in the record store has longer wavy blond hair. Never do see her face nor is any part of her face ever viewed. There is another woman on the left side of the screen that also has similar hair and we can see her face... problem is she is always blury. The chick Hurley had a crush on is pretty hot too. This scene is in "Everybody hate Hugo"

I caught this in the USA Today

Charlie is a Catholic character faced with having to break statues of the Virgin Mary to get to a drug that could end his life. "That all has to do with the big thematic master plan of the show," hints executive producer Bryan Burk.

(I did a search under 'thematic' and it came up blank before anybody 'Hondas' me)

I think that they will have a love thing with Locke and Claire. this will help to bring Charlie back to heroin.

Also, I think Bernard and Rose are going to be key in the merge of the two groups.
My crazy theory doesn't look so crazy now does it! :boxing:

I caught this in the USA Today

Charlie is a Catholic character faced with having to break statues of the Virgin Mary to get to a drug that could end his life. "That all has to do with the big thematic master plan of the show," hints executive producer Bryan Burk.

(I did a search under 'thematic' and it came up blank before anybody 'Hondas' me)
I saw this episode.I think that may be referring to the fact that everyone is having to make extremely difficult decisions with lasting consequences. I don't really know since I've seen like 5 shows though. From what I can tell, everyone has had to do so.

Hurley on how his lottery win affects his friendship.

Charlie and the drugs.

The female cop and wether or not to shoot the guy.

The priest getting his brother involved in the drug trade.

Walt's dad having to make a decision about letting Walt stay with his mom (and thus not seeing him grow up).

Come to think of it, has ANYONE not made the wrong decision yet?

Did anyone get anything out of last nights episode?  Was there some ground-laying stuff there that I'm missing?
Apparently, Charlie has a history with drugs. That was a pretty big revelation.
And Hurley is fat. Didn't see that one coming.

Here's an interpretation of what doves often mean in dreams. Not sure it has anything to do with what we'll see on the show but I thought I'd post it all the same because the dream clearly meant something in the eyes of the writers:

"To see doves in your dream, symbolizes peace, tranquility, harmony, and innocence. In particular, to see white doves in your dream, symbolizes loyalty and friendships. It may also represent a message and blessing from the Holy Spirit. You have let go of your thoughts of hate and revenge."
A message and blessing from the Holy Spirit. Like Baptism. Thats what EKO thought it to mean.

1.  It brought back into the forefront something that hadn't been really touched on this season, and that is, that Claire and her baby is going to be a large factor in the overall answer to what is going on.  From the psychic in season 1, to her getting put on an airplane to LA to give up her baby when there was nobody there to receive it, to her ex-boyfriend having art work in his apartment that matches artwork in the hatch, to The Others trying to steal the baby before it was born.

2.  It IS clear that Hurley did recognize Libby, AND she knows why- so she made up that story.  Let's go back to the Hurley flashback for a second.  Remember when he was in the Record store hitting on the clerk and as he was walking out a Blonde woman appeared with omnious music accompanying her for a second before the scene switched?  There was a lot of talk about that moment on this board.  I think it is a good time to see if we have any screen caps on "That Blond Woman in the Record Store".......  see if we have a Libby match.

Holla if you hear me.
Cleary caabeel was all over this half the thread ago...
No discussion yet of the woman (blurred) following Hurley out of the music store?
Was it the girl he asked out or someone else? In my post above (trying to be sorta funny), I immediately thought of the girl working in the store first, so not sure if you are referring to her.
Third Picture DownShe walked in from the right and the music changed and then a blurry focus (is that possible?) on her....

Last edited by a moderator:

Holla if you hear me.
Holla holla holla.

Deal with it.

Common sense down?
Speculation up?
:confused: What's there to speculate about?

I'm sure they have a master plan for the show, and many recurring themes. My point is that there has to be filler, and don't understand why people complain about an episode that "doesn't answer any questions".

The producers of Lost have an idea of what the end game will be. They've wisely kept the story possibilities open-ended enough to allow themselves quite a bit of leeway. It's a luxury to have so many richly defined characters further defined in weekly flashbacks. They can take their sweet time telling their story.

The island is big and mysterious, and for those reasons it holds tremendous unexplored potential. The inner secrets of DHARMA could end up explaining much of what the producers have already shown us, and could also raise an equal number of new questions.

I trust that -- by now, anyway -- the people behind Lost know where they're going and roughly how long it will take them to reach various way points on the journey.

No discussion yet of the woman (blurred) following Hurley out of the music store?
Was it the girl he asked out or someone else? In my post above (trying to be sorta funny), I immediately thought of the girl working in the store first, so not sure if you are referring to her.
Third Picture DownShe walked in from the right and the music changed and then a blurry focus (is that possible?) on her....
Link seems to be down. I think you guys are looking too much into a blurry chick who was never shown in focus.

Link seems to be down. I think you guys are looking too much into a blurry chick who was never shown in focus.
This is a bad picture. There was another girl on the other side of the aisle that was not blurred but never saw her face. We need a screen cap of that chick.

Deal with it.

You mean there are other shows!? :eek:
Yes, last night you missed "The Girls of Surf Illustrated" on INHD.

Holla if you hear me.
:shock: I must have missed that one!As for the hotness debate, I think it all boils down to the blonde -vs- brunette preference. I prefer Claire. It's also no coincidence that 75% of the wimmins Ive tapped have been blondes.

Not sure if this has been mentioned. I'm not reading previous posts. Did anyone notice in Charlie's hallucination when his mother and Claire were together on the beach and the dove started to fly, the black smoke thing that we see in different episodes start to fly the same time as the dove?
I noticed that. It convinced me that the nano-cloud is behind the "visions" and "dreams".
:no: Look at the left side of the tree line in this image and you can see its a plane and not a nano cloud. Note: let it load completely, its an animated GIF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has been mentioned.  I'm not reading previous posts.  Did anyone notice in Charlie's hallucination when his mother and Claire were together on the beach and the dove started to fly, the black smoke thing that we see in different episodes start to fly the same time as the dove?
I noticed that. It convinced me that the nano-cloud is behind the "visions" and "dreams".
:no: Look at the left side of the tree line in this image and you can see its a plane and not a nano cloud. Note: let it load completely, its an animated GIF.
While I appreciate you including this striking image from the show, I was referring to the actual dove itself appearing out of a black nano-cloud a few seconds later. Can you find that and post it?(Great catch on the plane going down. I certainly missed that the first time.)

Not sure if this has been mentioned. I'm not reading previous posts. Did anyone notice in Charlie's hallucination when his mother and Claire were together on the beach and the dove started to fly, the black smoke thing that we see in different episodes start to fly the same time as the dove?
While I appreciate you including this striking image from the show, I was referring to the actual dove itself appearing out of a black nano-cloud a few seconds later. Can you find that and post it?(Great catch on the plane going down. I certainly missed that the first time.)
Oh, I misunderstood. I haven't found screen captures of the episode other than this one and some from previews. Hopefully someone will get them done soon and we can take a look.

I watched the episode last night as I've been travelling.A couple of thoughts on evil Locke:He actively was attempting to thwart Charlie's attempts to baptise Aaron. He physically stopped Charlie when he stole the baby and told Charlie it wasn't a good idea to talk to Claire (after Charlie told him that he wanted to encourage Claire to have Aaron baptised).

But thus far Season 2 is a huge disappointment.
could not disagree more...every episdoe (with the exception of last night) has been stellar
:goodposting: It is still the best show on TV. Even with the show last night, just getting the preview of the next show was worth it. Looks like a dandy.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. I thought that the preview read "Coming up" not "Next" or "Next Week". I don't know if all of what was in the preview will be on the next show.

My 2 cents on the episode.Either they had a different writer working this episode or Locke is undergoing a metamorphosis.He's been on the island, what, 50 odd days? He has regained the use of his legs, he is physically active and people depend on him.He's making his move for Clair. Charlie is weak and Locke knows it. Locke not only rediscovered the use of his legs, but the use of something else closely, well between his legs. He's sick of going into the jungle with a melon and wants some of that sweet, sweet, new mom action.I'll move close to you, he says to Clair? Won't be long until he's done more than that. Kate = taken by either Sawyer or Jack, no one else is a chanceSun = takenRose = takenAna Lucia is not a good match, Libby could be, but it's obvious Clair is his best chance for doing the Locke shuffle.You'd think there be some women in the other 30 odd survivors that would be popular with the guys? What are the odds of one of them being in the female companion industry? No protection = More babies being brewed.Who's Eko gonna make a play for? Who's Sayid gonna go for? Charlie?

Aardball, is the shadowy dark spot behind the dove in this image what you were talking about or was there more to it?
That almost looks like the bird's shadow, or a second (black) bird. I remembered seeing the dove appear from what looked like a black plume or burst of motion.
Looks like a shadow except that all the other shadows are coming from the trees, not toward them (i.e., the sun is behind the trees). When I saw it live, I thought there were two birds, one white, one black. However, when they changed camera angles to show the white one flying away, it was alone.

But thus far Season 2 is a huge disappointment.
could not disagree more...every episdoe (with the exception of last night) has been stellar
:goodposting: It is still the best show on TV. Even with the show last night, just getting the preview of the next show was worth it. Looks like a dandy.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. I thought that the preview read "Coming up" not "Next" or "Next Week". I don't know if all of what was in the preview will be on the next show.
Based on Sun's kidnapping and Hulk's spoiler photos, that definitely occurs in the next show (2/9). The other part I will concede that you may be correct, but still the previews were better than the show. ;)

Why would she care how much money he has?

Any of you notice that they ARE STRANDED ON A ####ING ISLAND?
:goodposting:
They weren't stranded on an island when Libby began stalking Hugo. She was interested in his money, followed him as he travelled to Australia and was aboard his plane when it went down. She's still interested in the money, though it's moved down to #2 on her priority list, just below survival.

reguarding the theory of the plane crash being a stage event: Why has there not even been a small amount of any of the episodes that show a present day search occuring or newspaper article about the crash, or grieving relatives?

reguarding the theory of the plane crash being a stage event: Why has there not even been a small amount of any of the episodes that show a present day search occuring or newspaper article about the crash, or grieving relatives?
Because the show takes place on the island.

reguarding the theory of the plane crash being a stage event:  Why has there not even been a small amount of any of the episodes that show a present day search occuring or newspaper article about the crash, or grieving relatives?
Because the show takes place on the island.
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread