What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (1 Viewer)

What exactly was Locke looking for in the books?
That's been something I was wondering as well.Maybe he thinks the original hatch guy hid some stuff in there? A lot of people do it. Either money, or important papers, or even just notes of some kind.

Me thinks Locke knows Charlie tracked him.  Charlie = not that bright.  Locke = always aware of what's going on.
Why do you think he would let him?
This is interesting.Why would Locke move the guns? He could have just changed the combo. Why did he think Jack would get in if he wanted to? Does he think Jack would torture him to get the combo?

Something was strange with that whole storyline. It's possible that Locke planned it with Saywer, and allowed Charlie to think otherwise.

Ah, who knows. It's entertaining and frustrating at the same time.

This is interesting.

Why would Locke move the guns? He could have just changed the combo. Why did he think Jack would get in if he wanted to? Does he think Jack would torture him to get the combo?

Something was strange with that whole storyline. It's possible that Locke planned it with Saywer, and allowed Charlie to think otherwise.

Ah, who knows. It's entertaining and frustrating at the same time.
I just think he figured that given enough time Jack would bust the door down.I think there is too much being read into this.

I don't think so in this case, Charlie gotta a little revenge this week.
I agree. Don't forget that the whole "a tiger never changes his stripes" thing. Sawyer is a con man and will always act like a con man looking for new angles. He saw his opportunity when Charlie approached him. I assume Charlie initiated the conversation since it was all about embarrassing Locke.Locke on the other hand has a history of being conned, so taking the correct approach, i.e. using Jack/Locke's history of mild confrontations/disagreements, Sawyer conned him again.

All around good episode and I am definitely looking forward to the clock hitting zero and the spy.

This is interesting.

Why would Locke move the guns?  He could have just changed the combo.  Why did he think Jack would get in if he wanted to?  Does he think Jack would torture him to get the combo?

Something was strange with that whole storyline.  It's possible that Locke planned it with Saywer, and allowed Charlie to think otherwise. 

Ah, who knows.  It's entertaining and frustrating at the same time.
I just think he figured that given enough time Jack would bust the door down.I think there is too much being read into this.
Perhaps.

This is interesting.

Why would Locke move the guns?  He could have just changed the combo.  Why did he think Jack would get in if he wanted to?  Does he think Jack would torture him to get the combo?

Something was strange with that whole storyline.  It's possible that Locke planned it with Saywer, and allowed Charlie to think otherwise. 

Ah, who knows.  It's entertaining and frustrating at the same time.
:goodposting: Sawyer cons and Locke has been conned before. They kept saying "a tiger never changes his stripes", well Locke had achieved what he wanted, to be a leader and be "in the know". Sawyer used that by making him think that Jack was going to try and take over and Locke fell for it, like when he fell for wanting to have his father back in his life.

The interesting part about tonights episode is the preview for next week, the spy.

Let the theories begin.
Spy? The guy was caught in a net, from a trap, and had an arrow in his shoulder. Seems pretty unlikely that he had infiltrated the survivors.
He didn't. Didn't you guys notice that the French lady was back in the scene? I assume that the survivors stumbled upon her and one of her traps that caught an "Other" and Sayid is going to interrogate him.Also, the title of the show next week is "Maternity Leave" so I guess we are going to get a Claire flashback and maybe find out more about Claire's kidnapping.

Where would someone hide a cache of weapons on a sandy, wet island? Sawyer's going to end up with a pile of rusty gun barrels and soggy ammunition.

Where would someone hide a cache of weapons on a sandy, wet island? Sawyer's going to end up with a pile of rusty gun barrels and soggy ammunition.
Sawyer said something like "Anybody who wants a gun is going to have to ask me"I bet Sawyer gives out some of the guns... and I bet that Anna Lucia winds up with one.

In a tree or a cave? Wouldn't it be funny if he hid them in the cave now that they aren't using that anymore? How about if they are actually back in the hatch somewhere?I am actually thinking that this might be resolved sooner than we think it might. The look on Anna's face when she was eyeing Kate made me think that she knew something was going on. I don't know if she knows Sawyer's past, doubt it, but it was almost like she knew that Kate was trying to turn Jack against her. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she did follow Sawyer. I would say that I am 90% sure she didn't, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me.

Great episode last night. The picked the right time to have one since it sounded like a good portion of the audience(at least on this site) was getting frustrated with the slow pace.

I agree that the numbers will expire at the very end of the episode. This will leave a "cliff hanger" until the next show airs this spring and around the new sweeps. I don't really care about Claire and am not excited to see her flashback. Looks like there is enough going on next week to make up for it though.

Well, paranoia certainly has risen to a new level on the island. The dynamic between the crash survivors has suddenly become much more complex.

Was I the only one who thought "Charlie" as soon as the black hood was lying on the branch or whatever? I thought he ripped it from his sweatshirt. Admittedly, as the story progressed I thought it was Anna Lucia, specifically when she turned her eyes down and away after looking at kate and sawyer.

Well, paranoia certainly has risen to a new level on the island. The dynamic between the crash survivors has suddenly become much more complex.
Its just where it was when the show began, i.e. "a tiger nevers changes his stripes." The writers are showing us that despite the life changing events, many characters are beginning to fall back into their pre-crash tendencies.

Was I the only one who thought "Charlie" as soon as the black hood was lying on the branch or whatever? I thought he ripped it from his sweatshirt.
As soon as they showed the hood, I turned to my wife and said "Charlie."Like you, I thought otherwise shortly thereafter, but looks like my original hunch was right.

Was I the only one who thought "Charlie" as soon as the black hood was lying on the branch or whatever?  I thought he ripped it from his sweatshirt. 
As soon as they showed the hood, I turned to my wife and said "Charlie."Like you, I thought otherwise shortly thereafter, but looks like my original hunch was right.
I'll admit, I didn't figure it out at all. I bounced around with different thoughts about how the whole thing was being pulled off throughout the episode. At the end, I was surprised.I thought it was a great episode. There was a lot of tension, which will continue to rise.

I am also pleased with the not-so-nice Sawyer returning. He was becoming a little too nice for my taste. I was almost starting to like him — and we can't have that.

I hope Eko is back next week. He is easily my favorite character.

I'm anxious for a Michael and/or Walt episode showing what happened with them since Michael went into the woods.

Sawyer's con of the woman completely relied on her turning her back while he swapped the bags. Pretty weak IMO.

I think he was looking for more film from the Hanso/Dharma series. Remember, Ecko had another reel in the book he brought? I think, with the preview suggesting Locke allowing the timer to expire, he's come to some conclusion about the Hanso project.

I disagree with the consensus here that the clock won't wind down to zero until the end of next week's episode. I think we'll get at least fifteen minutes of show AFTER the clock ticks down.

Have they ever shown us something in a preview which wasn't disclosed in the actual episode until the final minute? I don't think so.

Why would they give away their cliffhanger in the previews? Abrams and Co. have already demonstrated they can deliver more than one :eek: moment per episode, and I believe that's the case here, too.

I think he was looking for more film from the Hanso/Dharma series. Remember, Ecko had another reel in the book he brought? I think, with the preview suggesting Locke allowing the timer to expire, he's come to some conclusion about the Hanso project.
I saw the preview and thought that it was Jack who lets the timer run down, and not Locke.

I think, with the preview suggesting Locke allowing the timer to expire, he's come to some conclusion about the Hanso project.
Maybe the guy getting tortured gives up some info about what happens when the timer hits zero...ETA: to remove my stupid comment about the guy being Kelvin. :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
This just in: Anna Lucia is smokin' hot.

Here's hoping for a Kate-Anna Lucia sandwich before this season is up!
Or maybe the hot oil death match Sawyer had mentioned between Kate and Sun. How about Ana Lucia as a last-minute replacement for Sun?

I saw the preview and thought that it was Jack who lets the timer run down, and not Locke.
Ok. I only saw the preview once. Whatever. It doesn't change my belief that Locke was looking for another reel on the project.

Sawyer just :owned: everyone.

I bet he has hidden them in the hatch somewhere. Either that or at some point they will go to get the guns and the others will have already found them.

What does the reappearance of Vincent mean, if anything?

When was the last time we saw him? I don't remember him being shown since Michael left to hunt the Others.

And since when does he understand Korean?? :P

This may be a very stupid question, but what is the Key that Jack wears around his neck for?

I just remember when they were leaving the gun closet, Jack took the necklace with the key off his neck and left it in the closet....what was his reasoning for doing that?

This may be a very stupid question, but what is the Key that Jack wears around his neck for?

I just remember when they were leaving the gun hatch, Jack took the necklace with the key off his neck and left it in the hatch....what was his reasoning for doing that?
The briefcase with the pistols.

I just remember when they were leaving the gun hatch, Jack took the necklace with the key off his neck and left it in the hatch....what was his reasoning for doing that?
I had this thought as well.

This is true, but with the discovery of all the new guns it doesn't make much sense now. Did he lock the medicine up?

This is true, but with the discovery of all the new guns it doesn't make much sense now. Did he lock the medicine up?
He just left the key in the gun closet because he didn't need it anymore since the suitcase (and the pistols) were going to be locked up in there.

But, what was his reasoning for taking the key off his neck and leaving it in the gun closet? For as long as I can remember he's been wearing that key necklace....then with all of the gun drama coming to a head is the time he decides to take it off?

But, what was his reasoning for taking the key off his neck and leaving it in the gun closet? For as long as I can remember he's been wearing that key necklace....then with all of the gun drama coming to a head is the time he decides to take it off?
:confused: Because he had the guns locked in the case before, now they were going to be locked in the closet.....the closet has a combination not a key, hence no need for a key.

Well, the key was for the case in which the pistols were encased. By placing all the guns in the locker the key became superfluous. I do not think the medicine was ultimately locked or moved into the room with the guns. Jack's reaction to the question posed by Locke was strong enough to make me think he resisted the idea.

I do not think the medicine was ultimately locked or moved into the room with the guns. Jack's reaction to the question posed by Locke was strong enough to make me think he resisted the idea.
I think he did lock up the medicine. Sawyer had his bottle back remember?

I do not think the medicine was ultimately locked or moved into the room with the guns. Jack's reaction to the question posed by Locke was strong enough to make me think he resisted the idea.
Jack did not take the pills from Sawyer once he was confronted by him at the tent.

Jack did not take the pills from Sawyer once he was confronted by him at the tent.
Yes he did. They were in his hand as they showed him walking away.

Yes he did. Look carefully, they were in his hands.

I'll watch it again but I'm pretty damn sure Jack let him keep them. Only after Sawyer returned to the Hatch did he give them back to Jack.

OR...I could be reaching here....Sawyer let Jack *think* he took his pills from him, just like he did countless times before w/ his cons.

OR...I could be reaching here....Sawyer let Jack *think* he took his pills from him, just like he did countless times before w/ his cons.
Exactly.Jack did take a bottle of pills from his tent, but they were planted fakes by Sawyer knowing Jack would come looking for them.

He made Jack believe he was able to take them from Sawyer, and then at the end of the episode show Sawyer throwing the "real pills" at Jack letting him know he got conned from the start and he didn't need to hold onto them anymore cuz he's in control now and can get at the pills whenever he wants now.

About next week's episode. What if there are two groups of "others". A good group and a bad group? Kind of like there could eventually be a good group of survivors and a bad group of survivors.

Exactly.Jack did take a bottle of pills from his tent, but they were planted fakes by Sawyer knowing Jack would come looking for them.

He made Jack believe he was able to take them from Sawyer, and then at the end of the episode show Sawyer throwing the "real pills" at Jack letting him know he got conned from the start and he didn't need to hold onto them anymore cuz he's in control now and can get at the pills whenever he wants now.
once again, we are reading way too deep. jack took the pills. it is very obvious that he has them. he either locked up all the med supplies or just the ones that sawyer seemed to be interested in. once locke opened the safe he took them. sawyer is a conman, not a magician. did he magically make placebo pills appear in the bottle?

Or, he could have just got them out of the opened safe the same way he got the statues for Charlie?

Users who are viewing this thread