What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Props out to Mad Cow (1 Viewer)

Is there a huge upgrade to the Crizal Prevencia over the Avance? I have VSP and they told me to go with the Prevencia but three weeks later and still no glasses and they are telling me that the VSP lab can't seem to make the lenses or get them ( not sure about this part, the optometrist's office story shifts depending on who I talk to). They just ordered the downgrade to actually get the lenses for me, but I am uncomfortable with this. Am I over thinking this?

Is there a huge upgrade to the Crizal Prevencia over the Avance? I have VSP and they told me to go with the Prevencia but three weeks later and still no glasses and they are telling me that the VSP lab can't seem to make the lenses or get them ( not sure about this part, the optometrist's office story shifts depending on who I talk to). They just ordered the downgrade to actually get the lenses for me, but I am uncomfortable with this. Am I over thinking this?
I honestly prefer the Avance or Alize over Prevencia. I just am not a big fan of the hue you get looking through them. In fact, I would say save a little $$ in the future and go with Alize over Avance. Same scratch resistance and coating for a little less cash.

I honestly prefer the Avance or Alize over Prevencia. I just am not a big fan of the hue you get looking through them. In fact, I would say save a little $$ in the future and go with Alize over Avance. Same scratch resistance and coating for a little less cash.
Thank you for the advice. My out of pocket for the entire shebang was just $50. I actually have to ask if they have to refund me some money since they are downgrading me. At least I am not really losing anything on the change. Thanks again.

Thank you for the advice. My out of pocket for the entire shebang was just $50. I actually have to ask if they have to refund me some money since they are downgrading me. At least I am not really losing anything on the change. Thanks again.
If your total out of pocket was $50, I am guessing it was a covered benefit and there will be no refund for it, but :shrug: Now, when I have patients that have a covered benefit for the anti-reflective coating, I will put them in Avance over Alize because it is a little better. Just saying that it may not be worth the additional $20 or whatever IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey MC

Is there a big difference between Maui Jim 'island time'. &. 'Red sand'?

Seen pics of island time and they look good but cannot try them on. The local shop said red sand is the closest they have

Hey MC

Seen pics of island time and they look good but cannot try them on. The local shop said red sand is the closest they have
Sorry for the delay. I am not sure. Let me take a look and let you know.

Hey MC

Sorry for the delay. I am not sure. Let me take a look and let you know.
Looking at them, there is enough of a difference in shape and size that I would hesitate to say if one works so will the other. That is not that helpful, other than to say don't assume the one will be great if the other is. :shrug:

MC

looking for some input

trying to decide between lenses for the Maui Jim Red Sands. Whether I go with the black /grey lenses or the tortoise bronze

the guy at sunglass hut said the colors pop more in the bronze which sounds good. But I don't want the reflection off snow to blind me

any advice or preference?

which is more popular etc

thx

MC

looking for some input

trying to decide between lenses for the Maui Jim Red Sands. Whether I go with the black /grey lenses or the tortoise bronze

the guy at sunglass hut said the colors pop more in the bronze which sounds good. But I don't want the reflection off snow to blind me

any advice or preference?

which is more popular etc

thx
Sorry, was out of town over Thanksgiving holiday and did not check these forums once. So much of sunglass lens color is personal preference. Grays will give you a darker feel and preserve color integrity, while browns will enhance contrast, make colors seem brighter, and can be worn earlier and later in the day. I have both colors in abundance, but if I had a preference, it would be browns, but if it is mainly for in the snow, a gray would make more sense.

Your inbox is full, tried pming you. I was thinking of getting my dad a pair of sun glasses for his birthday. Can you get the Maui Jim Frigates with gun metal frame and the Grey lenses? How much would that run?

Thanks!

Your inbox is full, tried pming you. I was thinking of getting my dad a pair of sun glasses for his birthday. Can you get the Maui Jim Frigates with gun metal frame and the Grey lenses? How much would that run?

Thanks!
I'll clear my inbox then PM you. Happy to help if I can.

Hi MC, I'm interested in these:

Ray-Ban Justin 55mm Rubber Havana / Brown Gradient Polarized

is this something you carry?

FWIW Revo is back and is a great new collection.  I carry them now as well if anyone cares.

@Mad cow - Stupid questions.  If i get a perscription ffrom say costco, can i order the glasses from you?   

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi MC. Previous customer here. Send you a message about a pair of MJs. Let me know what you think when you have a chance. 

As always, thanks!

Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Is there a style that you suggest for larger heads that offer lots of eye coverage for fishing?
Stupid board went down right as I made this great big post.  The short of it is the Remus and Guide II would be great.  I do love the Revo lens and am wearing it more than Maui Jim or Ray-Ban currently.

Stupid board went down right as I made this great big post.  The short of it is the Remus and Guide II would be great.  I do love the Revo lens and am wearing it more than Maui Jim or Ray-Ban currently.
Ok I will check them out. Looking for as much coverage as possible due to all the sun glare off the Ocean (I get migraines from light). Those Costa's you got me were fantastic. 

MC, are you still doing Maui Jim's? Can you price me on Ho'Okipa and Makaha in Tortoise with Rose lenses?

I sent MC a pm but figured I could ask here.   Would the script for my daughter's glasses be the same as for contacts

Users who are viewing this thread