Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perry Van Hook

Captain's Quorum Survivor League

14.06 WR Reggie Williams

We'll see if the talk is all training camp hype of if Reggie is ready to shine.

edited to add, as per phone call with PVH, Blue Peep selects 14.07 WR Jabar Gaffney - Houston

BSS is OTC

Marcel Shipp RB ARI

Hey guys. My internet is down and I will be out until Friday. I will not have access. If you want me to keep making my picks, just have Radballs call me. Otherwise it's fine if someone else drafts for me.My apologies. This is the 2nd time since Saturday I've had problems. Gotta go and good luck guys.

While I have no problem with Ron making the picks - we do have the rule and precedent and think we should go with that - if FM reaches Ron to have him make the other pick, fine, but that is not where we are now

13-1 = Pollard by ADP

I had called Ron today to help me. But if it's not good for the rules then do what you must.

14.06 WR Reggie Williams

edited to add, as per phone call with PVH, Blue Peep selects 14.07 WR Jabar Gaffney - Houston

BSS is OTC

Oh sure.

So my Reggie Williams pick is staring you in the face and you give me Jabargafney????

;)

14.06 WR Reggie Williams

BSS is OTC

Oh sure.

So my Reggie Williams pick is staring you in the face and you give me Jabargafney????

;)

LOL, well I DID make my pick before calling Perry for yours (as he had requested of me in a PM)... and when I told him I took Reggie he said that Williams was #1 on your list, and I said "good" hehe.. no offense, but it made me like the pick a tad more!

Always fun to snag a guy 1 pick before they were gonna go, of course, it sucks when it happens to me though!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

1 Members: Bri

we need to get a "men stuck awake caring for infant" league

:lmao: I'd have my whole team drafted by now. Doing the same thing Bri.

You guys are scaring the #### out of me as I have my first one due at the end of October.

You guys are scaring the #### out of me as I have my first one due at the end of October.

With some of you already having babies and others having them on the way, I am assuming you guys are married.

My question...

I am moving in with the woman this fall (right in the middle of football season). So I just wanted to know if you guys had any suggestions, ideas, insight as to how to still be able to have maximize football tv time on Sundays - and maybe even get her out so I can have the guys over.

I figure since you guys are a few years ahead of me - you've already had practice at balancing Sundays & living with your ladies.

Ideas? Cool things you've tried?

With some of you already having babies and others having them on the way, I am assuming you guys are married.

My question...

I am moving in with the woman this fall (right in the middle of football season). So I just wanted to know if you guys had any suggestions, ideas, insight as to how to still be able to have maximize football tv time on Sundays - and maybe even get her out so I can have the guys over.

I figure since you guys are a few years ahead of me - you've already had practice at balancing Sundays & living with your ladies.

First, let me assume that she knows you love football, hopefully she doesn't hate it. If she doesn't, you need to talk with her and let her know or she could be in for a very big surprise.

Second, make sure you spend plenty of attention on her during the week, take her out on Friday or Sat. Does she have friends and go out with them or does she count on you for her entertainment. My wife enjoys going out with friends etc...so 1 Sunday a month she goes to a girls house and they play this game called Bunko. When it's our turn to host, I go down to the Lions game.

On other Sunday's she'll schedule visits to see some of her family (parents) maybe grocery shop etc.... on that day and we'll maximize our time together on other days. Make sure you help with chores, because it's easy for them not to feel appreciated when they're doing a lot of chores and then on our day off we're fixated on the T.V. all day.

Lastly, clean up after yourself and friends. Don't leave a pig stye for her to clean up or she's really going to resent having people come over. Make it so she has to do as little as possible.

My question...

First, let me assume that she knows you love football, hopefully she doesn't hate it. If she doesn't, you need to talk with her and let her know or she could be in for a very big surprise.

Second, make sure you spend plenty of attention on her during the week, take her out on Friday or Sat. Does she have friends and go out with them or does she count on you for her entertainment. My wife enjoys going out with friends etc...so 1 Sunday a month she goes to a girls house and they play this game called Bunko. When it's our turn to host, I go down to the Lions game.

On other Sunday's she'll schedule visits to see some of her family (parents) maybe grocery shop etc.... on that day and we'll maximize our time together on other days. Make sure you help with chores, because it's easy for them not to feel appreciated when they're doing a lot of chores and then on our day off we're fixated on the T.V. all day.

Lastly, clean up after yourself and friends. Don't leave a pig stye for her to clean up or she's really going to resent having people come over. Make it so she has to do as little as possible.

Thanks for the advice. To hit up your suggestions...

1) Yes, she knows I love football. She knows I am addicted to it. She thinks I am way too many leagues (which is true). But there will be no surprises about FF. I've been doing FF since well before I was ever with her. (Not that that would take precedence over her, but, well...um, nevermind ;)

2) I am already very good about spending tons of time with her. Luckily, I've just never gotten that attached to college ball (so my Saturdays are mostly spent with her). Furthermore, she does not count on me solely for entertainment as she has loads of girlfriends.

(Personally, you have an awesome Sunday set up with her out at her friends and the one time she hosts - you get to actually go to the game. Nice, very nice. Job well done.)

3) Chores - ugh, I know you are right. She is much better at that stuff than I am. But I know I will have to make more of an effort once we fully live together.

4) Cleaning up afterwards: I can already foresee what will happen here. I will fully plan on cleaning everything - but she will get home before the games are over. Thus, it won't be clean by the time she returns even though my intention was to clean right after the games. She'll do a roll of the eyes. But as long as I get around to it, we should be fine. She is one of the coolest and most understanding women I know - so after an initial quick adjustment - we should be good-to-go! (I hope!)

Thanks!

Did this draft DIE over the last 12 hours or what? WTF? This is a FOOTBALL draft... scrap the BABY and GF talk!BTW, I have to admit to being glad that those years are long gone for me! My kids are nearly 13 & 10 and my house is anything BUT baby friendly these days!

Speaking of back to football - and drafting.1) Valence is on the clock at 14-132) Family Matters will then be up - rad and I have a number to call him for his picks, and then we should be ready to go on round 153) I actually have to leave the house this morning for a meeting, so whoever is here will have to try and move things alongvalence, here valence, valence

Speaking of back to football - and drafting.

1) Valence is on the clock at 14-13

2) Family Matters will then be up - rad and I have a number to call him for his picks, and then we should be ready to go on round 15

3) I actually have to leave the house this morning for a meeting, so whoever is here will have to try and move things along

valence, here valence, valence

valence times out in about an hour I believe

yep this things has died a serious death.

Baby and marriage talk. :loco:

:violin: Then let's freaken draft then. You're preaching to the choir.........I'm here. Even when I say I'm going out I get back before things happen. I dare someone to skip me.........cause it can't happen.

Congrats

Your sleep will be F'ed up beyond anything you imagine. I thought I was sleeping a while ago. Some couples take turns whose night it is, others have someone that can function with less sleep.

Normal night :cry: "sonofa!" walk to crib "oh she's so cute, c'mere sweetie"

Goes from anger or frustration to happiness that quick. Your kid will be the greatest thing. The best thing about babies is all ya gotta do is grab some diapers, a bottle, and just love em' and you're being a good dad. The littlest thing (like a smile) will make your day.

Diapers will cost you a million dollars. This is a far closer estimate than what you're thinking in your head. It's insane!

She nurses but she needs a break so we have formula too. I didn't plan on that, that's expensive too.

Warmth +sound from shower, drive in the car, rocking, in car seat on top of laundry machine all put mine to sleep. Quickest you can find what put yours to sleep the better. Somedays you'll be impatient.

Buy a digital camera and/or batteries if you've already got one. You're about to take 1000 pictures or more. There's no way you want to buy that much film.

Don't worry, it's awesome

Sure, all pretty much true, but having been there, and done that... no thanks! I'm very glad to be past that stage! I hated the infant stage, much prefer my kids as they got older and could interact with me.

well unfortunately that didn't help us - called FM and got a recording, so unless we get a quorum or a call from FM, we are now waiting another 4 hours - hopefull radballs will be at work soon and we can get to 10. I don't have to leave for another two hours if we can get the bodies.

8 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)8 Members: bicycle_seat_sniffer, Perry Van Hook, Preds, Duckboy, Blue Peep, dpeease, Hear-the-Footsteps, Briguys we have 8 in the thread now.Let's get 10, stay in the thread and let's quorum this thing along.

Lets wrap this thing up Today Quorem Style!!!!!As for the Wife - I just got married.. I made it CLEAR that Football Sundays were mine way early in the relationship. No kids yet.She doesn't like football but, could probably get into it.. I had an idea - She's has a Masters and is a numbers whiz, pretty bright all around - I told her she should draft her own team - She also went to UM so she can take a number of UM players if she wants - I gave her the FBG Mag and told her to read the article on VBD and showed her that the projections are already made for you and toild her she could probably draft as good a team as any by just folloing the numbers - The fact that she knows nothing about the players might even give her an advantage at some points where she won't have biases some of us get..We'll see how that goes - I'm afraid she'll win every year <G>Maybe we can do a wives league and bet on our wives..lol

10 Members: Fiddles, Perry Van Hook, bicycle_seat_sniffer, Preds, AhrnCityPahnder, Duckboy, Blue Peep, dpeease, Hear-the-Footsteps, Bri:pickle: lets get this thing rollin

seems like we lost Duckboy after ACP's post - even with a quorum we need one hour to bypass both FM's pick and give him ADP for 15-1.AND BACK UP TO QUORUM - 1 HOUR FROM VALENCE'S TIMEOUT AT 10:37 IF WE STILL HAVE 10 THEN.Somebody please do the advance work and look at ADP for 15-1 for FM, also 15-2 for valence if we have to skip him on the way back

12 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)12 Members: Preds, Duckboy, bicycle_seat_sniffer, Hear-the-Footsteps, Perry Van Hook, Iwannabeacowboybaby!, Fiddles, AhrnCityPahnder, dominicus, dpeease, Blue Peep, BriI count 11 league members at the moment... keep the Quorum moving!

Footsteps,

As for the baby, if you're gonna sit on the couch all day. Ummm you've got the baby for sure. That will likely be her time away from the baby. Babies are great, my daughter is the greatest thing in the world to me BUT somedays they're work and ya need a break. I'd bet a ton your GF will consider that her break time.

Thanks for all the advice - good stuff.

One clarification: no baby for me yet. Just doing the move in thing now. The rest will follow - but not yet.

Didn't he say he was cool with us doing whatever it is we needed to do to keep things moving since he knew he couldn't log on anyway?!Edit:Guys, if we all just stay in here - or at least open another window for your other internet stuff, but stay in this thread in the meantime - we could possibly finish this draft up today!!!Let's - get - Quor - um.Clap - clap - clap clap clap!

Okay, Ron is not on, but sent him an email - let's just stay here or be here for the timeout in an hour - hopefully valence shows before then

Hey - there's 4 rounds left.FM needs 2 K's and a D - That's 3 picks - Give him a K and a D and move on...We can later look to see if he needs a handcuff or backup at another spot.

Let's - get - Quor - um.

Clap - clap - clap clap clap!

:clap:

10 Members: AhrnCityPahnder, Blue Peep, bicycle_seat_sniffer, dpeease, Hear-the-Footsteps, Fiddles, radballs, Perry Van Hook, Duckboy, Iwannabeacowboybaby!

Hey - there's 4 rounds left.

FM needs 2 K's and a D - That's 3 picks - Give him a K and a D and move on...

We can later look to see if he needs a handcuff or backup at another spot.

Doesn't matter - we have quorum. Clock is ticking...

Hey - there's 4 rounds left.

FM needs 2 K's and a D - That's 3 picks - Give him a K and a D and move on...

We can later look to see if he needs a handcuff or backup at another spot.

I agree here, give him the top kicker and D available according to FBG and move on. I'd rather have that than be skipped, then come back and find out those D's are missing.

ya i mean the dudes internet went down id make an exception to the quorum in this case.

we should give FM both ADPs, not 1. We already did that to him once. I don't think it matters too much at this point in the draft. Agree?

Hey guys. My internet is down and I will be out until Friday. I will not have access. If you want me to keep making my picks, just have Radballs call me. Otherwise it's fine if someone else drafts for me.

My apologies. This is the 2nd time since Saturday I've had problems. Gotta go and good luck guys.

I am fine with giving FM ADP's for the two picks for a K and DS - we then need to give valence an ADP for 15-2 and move on to Duckboy - I do have a PM with a pick for 15-3 if he isn't here

OKAYSomeone with ADP in front of them1) picks at 14-14 and 15-1 for FM - one should be K (maybe best two Kickers)2) picks at 14-13 and 15-2 for valence - one K and one DS

Carolina DS long goneFM needs defense that does not have week 3 byevalence any is okayCOULD SOMEONE PLEASE LOOK THOSE UP AND POST

FM's picks

D- Atlanta Falcons- No bye conflict with his baltimore selction

Kicker- jeff wilkens, Rams

FINE - NOW K AND DS FOR VALENCE - ANY BYE IS OK

14-3 Valence - Minnesota DS

14-4 FM Atlanta DS

15-1 FM Wilkins

15-2 Valence - Longwell

DUCKBOY IS UP - LET'S GO