What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pre-Season Football Game Thread (1 Viewer)

How did Gus not get decked in the endzone? And then he totally lucked out on that prayer of a pass. Someone must have shoved a horseshoe up his backside before he stepped on the field.

How do you miss that sack....and more importantly....why was there a flag for Pass Interference....These refs have been pretty bad so far.

Oh man, I predict Gus gets Chambers killed if he throws more slants like that. Geesh. I was wrong. Let have a bit more off season before we crank it up.

I just can't believe that Frerotte won't win this job
Feeley has as stronger arm and he's younger, meaning the team would be well served to see if he can be "the guy" so they don't have to spend a top-10 pick on Omar Jacobs or Vince Young next season (barring a win in the Leinart Lottery)
They could use a mobile QB behind that line.

How do you miss that sack....and more importantly....why was there a flag for Pass Interference....These refs have been pretty bad so far.
Real bad. Moose made the catch...but he only got one foot in.

random thoughtsTJ - great value for at least the first half of the seasonFeeley - chump - it took Gus exactly one play to avoid the exact same blitz [although not Urlacher] and complete a 50 yarderFrerotte - must be their starter - only guy on the field who looks like an NFL quarterbackGrossman's wife - :excited: WR roundup - Chambers - yes, Booker - yes, Boston - interesting waiver pickup, Muhsin - overvalued, did it for the $, Berrian - way inconsistent, Gage - is he playing tonite?and where in the world is Melissa Stark?!?!?

random thoughts

TJ - great value for at least the first half of the season

Feeley - chump - it took Gus exactly one play to avoid the exact same blitz [although not Urlacher] and complete a 50 yarder

Frerotte - must be their starter - only guy on the field who looks like an NFL quarterback

Grossman's wife - :excited:

WR roundup - Chambers - yes, Booker - yes, Boston - interesting waiver pickup, Muhsin - overvalued, did it for the $, Berrian - way inconsistent, Gage - is he playing tonite?

and where in the world is Melissa Stark?!?!?
Hmmmmm, sounds like a Bear hater to me. Only good thing said about them was regarding Grossman's wife :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm, sounds like a Bear hater to me. Only good thing said about them was regarding Grossman's wife :rolleyes:
Having watched the game...Thomas Jones has looked good and so has Grossman's wife!! Otherwise, that is about it.

AJ Feeley comments on the sideline when asked how he thought things went out there while he played...Things went all right. We'd have liked to get points on the board early with the first team in there...but...we made some things happen.

I'm probably nit picking because I just don't like him...but the reference to 'first team' seemed forced and unnecessary.

A simple...4 of 7 for 35 won't win many games...would have sufficed.

Having watched the game...Thomas Jones has looked good and so has Grossman's wife!! Otherwise, that is about it.
Please see link.. I mean post above.
Well I believe I said that TJ was the real deal - I don't care about the Bears either way - I just won't be drafting any of them other than TJ because of where I can get him.

Feeley should have been 5 for 7 for about 45 yards, which would have been a decent line. Thompson dropped a well thrown ball over the middle that would have taken Feeley's poor 5 YPA tonight to 7+/Colin

R. Williams - looked like a WR stuck in the backfield. He got tackled in the backfield once, with a one arm tackle by a LB (didn't see who), who just manhandled him. Kinda ugly, really. 5 attempts for 8 yards. ugh.

G. Frerotte - He will be the starter. That 80 yard drive was nice, even if a few of Frerotte's throws were a little off the mark, he has the receivers in Chambers and Boston who can adjust. What gives him the edge over Feely is his decision making. He just looks comfortable making his reads and throwing the ball.

D. Boston - as big and pumped as he is, he looks quick. On that screen pass, he took it for 11 yards even though it was an obvious screen and his cover had a good jump on it. He did a spin move and busted it North with a nice burst. I'm predicting a season of ups and downs, with a fair share of 2-3 point games, but also a handful of 12-20 point games. Worth a roll-'o-the-dice start for your WR#1 or #2 bye weeks.

but the best moment of the night was LT's commercial when he has that PermaGrin plastered on his face as he asks, "Where the heck is my agent". LOL, that was an awesome commercial.

Last edited by a moderator:
AJ Feeley comments on the sideline when asked how he thought things went out there while he played...Things went all right. We'd have liked to get points on the board early with the first team in there...but...we made some things happen.

I'm probably nit picking because I just don't like him...but the reference to 'first team' seemed forced and unnecessary.
:goodposting: I thought the same thing when I heard that.

Feeley should have been 5 for 7 for about 45 yards, which would have been a decent line. Thompson dropped a well thrown ball over the middle that would have taken Feeley's poor 5 YPA tonight to 7+/

Colin
That pass went right through his hands. Looked like he was afraid of it or something.That was a nifty TD run Jones had, btw. :thumbup:

Well...the Ronnie Brown situation may be forcing Miami to play their Ricky Williams cards close to the chest...but...Saban certainly didn't play Ricky tonight like someone hoping to generate trade interest.

Well...the Ronnie Brown situation may be forcing Miami to play their Ricky Williams cards close to the chest...but...Saban certainly didn't play Ricky tonight like someone hoping to generate trade interest.
You think playing *this* Ricky Williams more would generate trade interest? :yucky:

I would expect a high 2nd round draft pick to catch a TD pass thrown right to his flippin hands!Nice REACH on WR / Project Mark Bradley Jerry Angelo...Your career as the Bears GM is on the clock.

Whoa! Michele goes for the marijuana question. Hard hittin journalism :thumbup:Edit: Hot Damn, she's Mike Wallace out there!

Last edited:
You think playing *this* Ricky Williams more would generate trade interest? :yucky:
Well...that seals it. If Saban had any desire to trade Ricky, he'd have forbidden him from talking to sideline reporters.

Don't call me a bear hater now.I take back my quarterback comment - Kyle Orton is the real deal. He just hit LB J. Glenn square in the numbers for a TD. :thumbup:

surprised nobody has mentioned bradley... raw, but could be a monster in dynasty leagues. he gets up to full speed in a hurry.

Hmmmmm, sounds like a Bear hater to me.  Only good thing said about them was regarding Grossman's wife  :rolleyes:
Please see link.. I mean post above.
Well I believe I said that TJ was the real deal - I don't care about the Bears either way - I just won't be drafting any of them other than TJ because of where I can get him.
I was referring to the Grossman's wife comment and the :useless: smile which is actually a LINK! LOL - As a drafter of TJ in a dynasty pre-NFL draft, I hope the Benson hold lasts a looooong time!

surprised nobody has mentioned bradley... raw, but could be a monster in dynasty leagues. he gets up to full speed in a hurry.
Give Him time,He's not that good. :no:
From ESPN.com
And the Bears got another stellar showing from a rookie, second-round pick Mark Bradley. The former Oklahoma receiver had a Hall of Fame game record 131 yards on five receptions.
the dude can play. he just needs some reps. he's got all the raw talent in the world.

I havn't read the entire thread, so, I apologize if somebody already mentioned this point.It seems that the Bears have adopted a philosophy is which they will take their deep shots down the field often. Madden mentioned it a couple of times. Muhammed should be strong, especially in leagues that reward long TD catches.

From ESPN.com
And the Bears got another stellar showing from a rookie, second-round pick Mark Bradley. The former Oklahoma receiver had a Hall of Fame game record 131 yards on five receptions.
the dude can play. he just needs some reps. he's got all the raw talent in the world.
in a league of freakishly gifted athletes, bradley might be one of the best... in addition to winning his state decathlon he broke state or state meet records in high jump (7'4" i think) and long jump... some scouts like kiper & frank coyle said he was one of the fastest rising prospects approaching the draft at any position, & deservedly so. one of the best blocking WRs in his class, he reportedly blazed a sub 4.4 at his workout. he was a JUCO transfer and played some DB so is still learning to play the position, but the dude has some innate RAC ability. could be the bears best WR in 2-3 years. massive upside will reward patient dynasty owners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously I am a homer that saw every game of his in college. How his success in the college ranks translates to NFL success is yet to be seen. Just curious to what you you base your opinion on.

Obviously I am a homer that saw every game of his in college. How his success in the college ranks translates to NFL success is yet to be seen. Just curious to what you you base your opinion on.
I'm a Sooner fan.

Users who are viewing this thread