What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Forum Challenge League (3 Viewers)

Shadowfax

Footballguy
MFL link

Draft Order

1.01 Aaron

1.02 Shadowfax

1.03 LHUCKS

1.04 the imp

1.05 radballs

1.06 Ten Times

1.07 Bloom

1.08 ACP

1.09 cowboy

1.10 tommygunz

1.11 EBF

1.12 kutta

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though we don't officially start until Monday...doesn't mean we have to sit on our collective asses until then and do nothing. Aaron and I have shocked the fantasy world by going LT and Holmes at 1.01 and 1.02. :o LHUCKS is free to pick Chris Brown at any time now. :thumbup:

Are we allowed to trade picks/players during the draft?I would like to trade down if anyone is interested.

Are we allowed to trade picks/players during the draft?

I would like to trade down if anyone is interested.
I don't see why not...as long as it doesn't hold up the draft too much. Considering, we're not really OTC yet, nobody can really complain about you not picking right away. Just don't set a MBSLIV precedent.

Are we allowed to trade picks/players during the draft?

I would like to trade down if anyone is interested.
I don't see why not...as long as it doesn't hold up the draft too much. Considering, we're not really OTC yet, nobody can really complain about you not picking right away. Just don't set a MBSLIV precedent.
Given that Cowboy can't draft until Friday I thought it would be ok to take my time here.

Just dropping by. This is my only draft from the 12 slot this year. I'm looking forward to it.GL guys. Let's get to it :banned:

Just as a heads up to everybody, I was messing around with the pre-draft function trying to decide who I wanted and my computer freaked out and picked James although I wanted Alexander. :wall: I PM'd Shadow to have him correct it, so if "The Imp" would wait until it is fixed I'd appreciate it.

Just as a heads up to everybody, I was messing around with the pre-draft function trying to decide who I wanted and my computer freaked out and picked James although I wanted Alexander. :wall: I PM'd Shadow to have him correct it, so if "The Imp" would wait until it is fixed I'd appreciate it.
No... :P

pick has been changed. Imp can pick at any time now.

OK. So I need to make a note that if I want James I'd better pick him with pick 12 or 13 because LHUCKS will pick him in the 2nd round if he makes it back up to him.I'm waaaaay ahead of you guys...

Just as a heads up to everybody, I was messing around with the pre-draft function trying to decide who I wanted and my computer freaked out and picked James although I wanted Alexander.  :wall:   I PM'd Shadow to have him correct it, so if "The Imp" would wait until it is fixed I'd appreciate it.
OK. So I need to make a note that if I want James I'd better pick him with pick 12 or 13 because LHUCKS will pick him in the 2nd round if he makes it back up to him.I'm waaaaay ahead of you guys...
1.05 5 Radballs James, Edgerrin IND RB Thu Aug 11 12:55:31 p.m. ET 2005
kutta update: Evil plan foiled.

kutta update: Evil plan foiled.
:rant:

I've predrafted for rounds 2 and 3. I'm out Friday AM to late afternoon monday.
Actually, I'm going unpredraft my third round. If the clock doesn't start until monday then I should be available to make my rd3 pick within the 8 hour window. Sorry, but predrafting 35 players ahead can lead to some bad results.

I've predrafted for rounds 2 and 3. I'm out Friday AM to late afternoon monday.
Actually, I'm going unpredraft my third round. If the clock doesn't start until monday then I should be available to make my rd3 pick within the 8 hour window. Sorry, but predrafting 35 players ahead can lead to some bad results.
Agreed. I don't think we are in that much of a rush that we mess up a team three weeks before the season starts.

I'm really not that high on Clinton Portis this year because I think the Redskins will be one of the worst teams in the league, but he made sense at this pick. He'll get a lot of carries when he's healthy and he's been durable up to this point in his career.

I'm really not that high on Clinton Portis this year because I think the Redskins will be one of the worst teams in the league, but he made sense at this pick. He'll get a lot of carries when he's healthy and he's been durable up to this point in his career.
Portis was the only other player I considered.

Took a little risk here, but I just think TG is a huge value with 1.5 per reception for TE's. DD is a little risky, but I like that he has his new contract, and he caught a heck of a lot of balls last year.Let's see what's available for me in 24 picks...

Took a little risk here, but I just think TG is a huge value
Highest I've seen him go, but if he catches 90+ again, he's a bargain even that early at 2 pts. per.
He would definately be a bargain there at 2 points per reception. You FA guys kill me.............didn't your teacher tell you to read the direction/rules before you always start your assignment.TE PER RECEPTION 1.5

I'm a little uneasy about JJ this year, but he has the potential to be one of the league's top scoring backs. I also considered Ahman Green, but I'm a little concerned that he might be wearing down.

Update:

1.01 1 Aaron Rudnicki Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB Wed Aug 10 5:24:41 p.m. ET 2005 1.02 2 Shadowfax Holmes, Priest KCC RB Wed Aug 10 7:39:05 p.m. ET 2005 1.03 3 LHUCKS Alexander, Shaun SEA RB Thu Aug 11 9:16:50 a.m. ET 2005 Replacement pick made by Commissioner 1.04 4 The Imp's White Trash Messiahs Manning, Peyton IND QB Thu Aug 11 12:55:31 p.m. ET 2005 1.05 5 Radballs James, Edgerrin IND RB Thu Aug 11 12:55:31 p.m. ET 2005 1.06 6 TenTimes McGahee, Willis BUF RB Thu Aug 11 12:55:31 p.m. ET 2005 1.07 7 Bloom McAllister, Deuce NOS RB Thu Aug 11 3:32:21 p.m. ET 2005 1.08 8 AhrnCityPahnder Moss, Randy OAK WR Thu Aug 11 4:07:30 p.m. ET 2005 1.09 9 iwannabeacowboybaby Jones, Kevin DET RB Fri Aug 12 12:57:42 a.m. ET 2005 1.10 10 tommygunz Barber, Tiki NYG RB Fri Aug 12 1:44:41 p.m. ET 2005 1.11 11 EastBayFunk Portis, Clinton WAS RB Fri Aug 12 1:52:19 p.m. ET 2005 1.12 12 kutta Davis, Domanick HOU RB Fri Aug 12 2:11:59 p.m. ET 2005 2.01 13 kutta Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE Fri Aug 12 2:12:31 p.m. ET 2005 2.02 14 EastBayFunk Jones, Julius DAL RB Fri Aug 12 2:51:26 p.m. ET 2005 2.03 15 tommygunz Westbrook, Brian PHI RB Fri Aug 12 2:51:26 p.m. ET 2005 2.04 16 iwannabeacowboybaby Dillon, Corey NEP RB Fri Aug 12 2:51:26 p.m. ET 2005 2.05 17 AhrnCityPahnder Green, Ahman GBP RB Fri Aug 12 2:51:26 p.m. ET 2005 2.06 18 Bloom Martin, Curtis NYJ RB Fri Aug 12 2:51:26 p.m. ET 2005
:pickle: for the Barber/Westbrook combo.

Highest I've seen him go, but if he catches 90+ again, he's a bargain even that early at 2 pts. per.
He would definately be a bargain there at 2 points per reception. You FA guys kill me.............didn't your teacher tell you to read the direction/rules before you always start your assignment.TE PER RECEPTION 1.5
:bag: Am I really a "FA" guy? I know I am for purposes of this contest, but I'll always be a Shark Pool'er at heart.

Maybe time for me to "re-establish" myself over in the Pool....

I'm a little uneasy about JJ this year, but he has the potential to be one of the league's top scoring backs. I also considered Ahman Green, but I'm a little concerned that he might be wearing down.
Ahman Green is not an "EBF" type player. He was years ago, but not now.Good pick - I like Jones to be a workhorse in Dallas this year. Parcells will run him into the ground.

Glad to see Tommy Gunz is picking next to me this year. :D
thanks for letting Tiki fall!Drafting behind IWBAC is ALREADY paying dividends. :thumbup:
The talk about this being Tiki's last year and some monster rookie that's Wowing in camp scared me away enough not to take him here. Oh, and the fact that Kevin Jones is wowing in camp himself pretty much made it an easy decision for me.I took Tiki in MBSL I believe at 7th overall, with a full 1 point per reception, but the positive news of Brandon Jacobs knocking people over doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling that Tiki will get all the goaline attempts.

Reports also say Eli is struggling in the passing game, and if the Giants struggle this season, and if indeed this is Tiki's last year, they will eventually want to see more of this Jacobs kid to see what's in store for next year.

thanks for letting Tiki fall!Drafting behind IWBAC is ALREADY paying dividends. :thumbup:
The talk about this being Tiki's last year and some monster rookie that's Wowing in camp scared me away enough not to take him here. Oh, and the fact that Kevin Jones is wowing in camp himself pretty much made it an easy decision for me.I took Tiki in MBSL I believe at 7th overall, with a full 1 point per reception, but the positive news of Brandon Jacobs knocking people over doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling that Tiki will get all the goaline attempts.

Reports also say Eli is struggling in the passing game, and if the Giants struggle this season, and if indeed this is Tiki's last year, they will eventually want to see more of this Jacobs kid to see what's in store for next year.
:unsure:

:unsure:
Ironic, the other back I took in MBSL was Westbrook, the back you just took. LOL, if you're doing well in here, I'll be doing well over there.........crazy.In those last 3 picks, I predrafted 3 backs in this order:

Julius Jones

Corey Dillon

Brian Westbrook

I would have been happy with any 3, and am.

Tommy......I start with Kevin JOnes and Corey Dillon...that should look familiar to you...................................No Mercy.

Update:

1.01 1 Aaron Rudnicki Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB Wed Aug 10 5:24:41 p.m. ET 2005

1.02 2 Shadowfax Holmes, Priest KCC RB Wed Aug 10 7:39:05 p.m. ET 2005

1.03 3 LHUCKS Alexander, Shaun SEA RB Thu Aug 11 9:16:50 a.m. ET 2005 Replacement pick made by Commissioner

1.04 4 The Imp's White Trash Messiahs Manning, Peyton IND QB Thu Aug 11 12:55:31 p.m. ET 2005

1.06 6 TenTimes McGahee, Willis BUF RB Thu Aug 11 12:55:31 p.m. ET 2005

1.07 7 Bloom McAllister, Deuce NOS RB Thu Aug 11 3:32:21 p.m. ET 2005

1.08 8 AhrnCityPahnder Moss, Randy OAK WR Thu Aug 11 4:07:30 p.m. ET 2005

1.09 9 iwannabeacowboybaby Jones, Kevin DET RB Fri Aug 12 12:57:42 a.m. ET 2005

1.10 10 tommygunz Barber, Tiki NYG RB Fri Aug 12 1:44:41 p.m. ET 2005

1.11 11 EastBayFunk Portis, Clinton WAS RB Fri Aug 12 1:52:19 p.m. ET 2005

1.12 12 kutta Davis, Domanick HOU RB Fri Aug 12 2:11:59 p.m. ET 2005

2.01 13 kutta Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE Fri Aug 12 2:12:31 p.m. ET 2005

2.02 14 EastBayFunk Jones, Julius DAL RB Fri Aug 12 2:51:26 p.m. ET 2005

2.03 15 tommygunz Westbrook, Brian PHI RB Fri Aug 12 2:51:26 p.m. ET 2005

2.04 16 iwannabeacowboybaby Dillon, Corey NEP RB Fri Aug 12 2:51:26 p.m. ET 2005

2.05 17 AhrnCityPahnder Green, Ahman GBP RB Fri Aug 12 2:51:26 p.m. ET 2005

2.06 18 Bloom Martin, Curtis NYJ RB Fri Aug 12 2:51:26 p.m. ET 2005
:pickle: for the Barber/Westbrook combo.
That was a combo I kicked around thinking that I might see it. I like both those guys, especially with Buck's knee hurting again.

Yes, but if he catches an odd number of balls, his last reception will be worth 2 pts. because we round up.
Receptions Pts

0 0

1 2

2 3

3 5

4 6

5 8

6 9

7 11

8 12

9 14

10 15

11 17

Yes, but if he catches an odd number of balls, his last reception will be worth 2 pts. because we round up.
Receptions  Pts

0 0

1 2

2 3

3 5

4 6

5 8

6 9

7 11

8 12

9 14

10 15

11 17
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: good stuff brotha kutta

Receptions  Pts

0 0

1 2

2 3

3 5

4 6

5 8

6 9

7 11

8 12

9 14

10 15

11 17
Yep, same with the RB's at .5. You may want to help exlplain to Tommy the point system for TE's kicking field goals this year as well.

I'm usually not one to go RB/RB/RB, but I think there's some risk with my top two backs and I want to ensure strong production from my backfield. I'm very happy to get Cadillac this late because I think he can potentially be a top 10-15 RB this season.

Users who are viewing this thread