Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadowfax

Forum Challenge League

My already sinking (stinking?) team just had a lead weight tied to it. Ahman Green out for the year.Good thing I drafted his backup Davenport. Always a good idea to get your main RBs backup. :ptts::cry:

We're now half way through the regular season and the SP is strutting their stuff....dominating the FFA teams. The SP is 27-19 (and 24-12 after the 1st week) vs. the FFA. SP has 3 of the 4 top records, owning the top 3 when points are considered. Speaking of points, it doesn't get any better for the FFA as the SP have the top 2 scoring teams and 4 of the top 5. tommygunz seems to be pulling his best bagger impersonation. ACP needs to pray to FF Jeebis every week. Kutta has been carrying the FFA squad recently, winning 4 of 5, including 3 of 4 from the SP. blenderfrog thinks his RB depth is a lot better than it really is. Imp is trying to show us Americans how to play this game, but has only beaten some "questionable" teams so far. radballs is making up for a disappointing last season. Bloom looks to be a strong addition to the SP team, although it appears he's in a bit of RB trouble. Aaron looks ready for a strong 2nd half. LHUCKS still trying to command respect...even by trying to change his lineups after the games. EBF may have the most inconsistent team, going from 70 to 120 every other week...or so it seems. cowboy's team just can't seem to get untracked and it's looking doubtful he gets back to the championship game, nor even just the playoffs.

Imp is trying to show us Americans how to play this game, but has only beaten some "questionable" teams so far.

F'n Sfax... :rant:

blenderfrog thinks his RB depth is a lot better than it really is.

Hey, I didn't say I had good depth at RB, just depth... :excited: I'm just starting to feel I'm recovering from 10X's 2nd round pick of C-Pep and 3rd round pick of JJ Arrington.

LHUCKS still trying to command respect

"Trying" :lmao:

I'm tied for first in the league.

I'm sorry LHUCKS and Aaron, but the Funk Train will be forced to run you over this next week. Hopefully Cadillac will be back. It's been tough without him and Julius, but I've managed to stay within striking distance of a playoff spot. Now I just have to make a late surge.

tommygunz seems to be pulling his best bagger impersonation.

had a mock trial on friday, so i wasn't around to make a move for a TE. Of course when I tried to make a move on Saturday, waivers were closed.

:hot:

tommygunz seems to be pulling his best bagger impersonation.

had a mock trial on friday, so i wasn't around to make a move for a TE. Of course when I tried to make a move on Saturday, waivers were closed.

:hot:

:violin::ptts:

:stirspot:

Are you freaking kidding me? This is the last message left on here? I've had a baby boy, Owen David Thompson since the last post between the Shark Pool and Message Board?Well, Owen was 7.85 Lbs., 19.5 inches long and seems to be in good health along with his mother. Now, I feel ready to kick some FA ###! Shark Pool Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now...I have to go back and see if I can salvage one of my leagues. My first 5 picks were Deuce, KJones, Walker, Bulger and DBennett. :wall:

All I know right now is that Mr. Shockey (my 6th round pick) and all his owners should be pretty ####### concerned right about now.

Dear Shadowfax,

As a long time dues paying, card carryin' member of FBG's, I would respectfully request you send the results of your draft next year to Joe, to include in his "over valued" section of the draft info that is posted to the site.

Signed,

A disapointed owner of all 6 of your selections, including Shockey(although not in 1 league)

TIA

I'm not sure what happened, but I know for a fact I set my lineup this week. :hot:Instead the site has me with Alexander and Coles in my lineup who are on bye this week. :hot:

It's a good thing that my stud RBs decided to show up for these important games. :X

Boy, there sure is a lotta whining, #####ing, and complaining going on lately. "Can I sub in a new guy?" "I know I set my lineup." "All my guys are getting hurt."C'mon girls! We draft 20 freaking players in this league. Draft some depth, use the wire, and quite whining.And while your at it, everyone can continue to curl up into little balls and let Kutta kick the #### out of them. I thank you all. :football:

Boy, there sure is a lotta whining, #####ing, and complaining going on lately. "Can I sub in a new guy?" "I know I set my lineup." "All my guys are getting hurt."

C'mon girls! We draft 20 freaking players in this league. Draft some depth, use the wire, and quite whining.

And while your at it, everyone can continue to curl up into little balls and let Kutta kick the #### out of them. I thank you all. :football:

When do I get to play you, I need another win badly!

Boy, there sure is a lotta whining, #####ing, and complaining going on lately. "Can I sub in a new guy?" "I know I set my lineup." "All my guys are getting hurt."

C'mon girls! We draft 20 freaking players in this league. Draft some depth, use the wire, and quite whining.

And while your at it, everyone can continue to curl up into little balls and let Kutta kick the #### out of them. I thank you all. :football:

When do I get to play you, I need another win badly!

You did fine against the old Kutta. This is the new Kutta now. Top score 2 weeks running. You sure you want some of this, Cowpie?

im enjoying my time on the top while it lasts. with those dogs at RB, im headed for a fall soon.

When you're right.........you're right!

delhomme to steve smith and pray for rain in every other game. thats my strategy from here on out. good for a win this week.

LHUCKS sent his league payment to me, and I transferred $6.25 to Shadowfax.Shadow, anyone else still owe?

im enjoying my time on the top while it lasts. with those dogs at RB, im headed for a fall soon.

When you're right.........you're right!

:hey:

Are you freaking kidding me? This is the last message left on here? I've had a baby boy, Owen David Thompson since the last post between the Shark Pool and Message Board?

Well, Owen was 7.85 Lbs., 19.5 inches long and seems to be in good health along with his mother.

Congrats. :banned:

Are you freaking kidding me?  This is the last message left on here?  I've had a baby boy, Owen David Thompson since the last post between the Shark Pool and Message Board?

Well, Owen was 7.85 Lbs., 19.5 inches long and seems to be in good health along with his mother.

On my win vs. you this week? :hophead:;)

Thanks!

Now...I have to go back and see if I can salvage one of my leagues. My first 5 picks were Deuce, KJones, Walker, Bulger and DBennett. :wall:

All I know right now is that Mr. Shockey (my 6th round pick) and all his owners should be pretty ####### concerned right about now.

Dear Shadowfax,

As a long time dues paying, card carryin' member of FBG's, I would respectfully request you send the results of your draft next year to Joe, to include in his "over valued" section of the draft info that is posted to the site.

Signed,

A disapointed owner of all 6 of your selections, including Shockey(although not in 1 league)

TIA

I was wrong on sooooo many players this year. :bag:

But I blame JB. :hophead:

Are you freaking kidding me?  This is the last message left on here?  I've had a baby boy, Owen David Thompson since the last post between the Shark Pool and Message Board?

Thanks!

Are you freaking kidding me? This is the last message left on here? I've had a baby boy, Owen David Thompson since the last post between the Shark Pool and Message Board?

Thanks!

:bag:

That Priest LJ combo sure let me down.

LHUCKS sent his league payment to me, and I transferred $6.25 to Shadowfax.

Shadow, anyone else still owe?

:thumbup:

Only tommygunz hasn't paid....but due to some people paying more, the league has been covered. I'll follow up with gunz, if/when I get a chance. F'n FFA people.

Only tommygunz hasn't paid....but due to some people paying more, the league has been covered. I'll follow up with gunz, if/when I get a chance. F'n FFA people.

You could take all of the extra money and give it to the first place team as a prize... Before the season is over you can smoo the funds!!! That would be so FFA-like :excited: .

Looking to trade Mike Anderson for some WR help.

It seems the Trade Deadline has passed...GDB Owens and Boldin getting hurt right after the deadline... :cry:

It seems the Trade Deadline has passed...GDB Owens and Boldin getting hurt right after the deadline... :cry:

The trade deadline passes after 8 weeks?

Is this accurate?

Is this accurate?

I didn't realize it was that early, which I think is a little early also. I changed the deadline to 11/24/05, 12:30 EST....the Week 12 kickoff (Thanksgiving). If anyone has a problem with this, let me know now.

Looking to trade Mike Anderson for some WR help.

Bump

Is this accurate?

I didn't realize it was that early, which I think is a little early also. I changed the deadline to 11/24/05, 12:30 EST....the Week 12 kickoff (Thanksgiving). If anyone has a problem with this, let me know now.

I think the trade deadline is to early. However, I don't like changing rules during the middle of the season. I wouldn't make a big deal over it but that's my opinion.

Is this accurate?

I think the trade deadline is to early. However, I don't like changing rules during the middle of the season. I wouldn't make a big deal over it but that's my opinion.

That's the only thing....I didn't like changing mid-season either, but in my mind, the deadline was always Week12. That was always my plan...I thought I had changed it....apparently not. I must have gotten it confused with the other 3 leagues I commish.

I apologize...and hope nobody thinks anything shady is going on.

That's the only thing....I didn't like changing mid-season either, but in my mind, the deadline was always Week12. That was always my plan...I thought I had changed it....apparently not. I must have gotten it confused with the other 3 leagues I commish.

Can you check to see what it was in the previous years? I tried to send out a trade offer for a QB earlier this week, found the deadline passed, and picked up 2 off the WW. I thought it was way too early for the deadline, especially since this isn't a money league. So I'm fine with the changes, but if it's always been week 8 maybe we should leave it taht way.

Is this accurate?

Not at all, never crossed my mind that something shady was going on, even if you are from the FFA. ;)

You mean to tell me that TommyGunz is going to get off for free that dog! Well, if it's covered, it's covered. Maybe next year he'll be the first to send in.

Actually, it makes sense just to go with whatever it was last year too.

Since some have some minor reservations (including myself)...and since I didn't catch it...and it's what we used last year...I'll leave the deadline the way it was, Week 8. I think it's early, but this is probably the best thing to do. If we're changing things mid-season, then I'll just change my Lewis pick to SJax. :ph34r: I'll make sure to change it next year. Sorry again for the mess.

That suxor, I almost had a trade worked out with Imp already... but hey, if that was the deadline last year, it's probably the right thing to do. No problems Sfox

if i can hit some waiver wire gold on RBs down the stretch, you guys are in trouble...

if i can hit some waiver wire gold on RBs down the stretch, you guys are in trouble...

You mean like Johnathan Wells, Marion Barber or Rashard Lee?

Exactly....I've been playing this whole year with basically 1 RB. ####### Jamal Lewis. I was dead wrong on him...Horrible pick.

We've got a close one this week Rud.........can't say the same for our matchup Rad ;)

:lmao::wall:

this just in: my team is pretty good

You seem surprised!

I wouldn't go that far

this just in: my team is pretty good

Whoever picked 1 or 2 this year had such a big advantage. There was no doubt that LT and SA were the two best players in the land, and they have not dissapointed.

You did a great job drafting, and I thought your team was good from day one, but I am finding that most teams with either LT or SA are pretty darn good.

:wall: I lose one game by 0.5 points, and the other by 3 points. That's a tough week, and really hurts my playoff changes. I needed a couple more wins here to stay in contention. :hot:

no doubt LT2 is a huge reason, but me getting Steven Jackson at 2.12 and LHUCKS (Alexander owner) getting Lamont Jordan at 3.03 are also playing a huge role.Bloom's squad is the most surprising. Taking a look at his roster, it's pretty amazing that team has the top record and most points scored so far. His first 3 picks really haven't done much: 1. Deuce, 2. Curtis Martin, 3. Jason Witten. and he also took Cedric Benson in the 6th, Travis Henry in the 8th.

no doubt LT2 is a huge reason, but me getting Steven Jackson at 2.12 and LHUCKS (Alexander owner) getting Lamont Jordan at 3.03 are also playing a huge role.

Bloom's squad is the most surprising. Taking a look at his roster, it's pretty amazing that team has the top record and most points scored so far. His first 3 picks really haven't done much: 1. Deuce, 2. Curtis Martin, 3. Jason Witten. and he also took Cedric Benson in the 6th, Travis Henry in the 8th.

two words:

steve

smith