What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grossman down (1 Viewer)

Jackal King

Footballguy
Started out looking like knee.That was replaced with sprained ankle....and it looked like he might have dodged a bullet.But...now reports are fractured left ankle...surgery....out 3-4 months.Bump all Bears down.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is bad. He got up, limped a few steps, then sat down, holding his left knee (not the one he injured last year).Thank God Matt Leinart is still in college, 'cause we Bears fans are looking at a terrible upcoming offensive year.

Certainly could be ankle. He was hopping with his knee locked straight...but he may have just been keeping weight off of the ankle.

Thank God Matt Leinart is still in college, 'cause we Bears fans are looking at a terrible upcoming offensive year.
Didn't you hear? The Titans are all set to put the entire season in the tank so they can get Leinart to team up with his master teacher Norm Chow. :ph34r:

I think somebody ought to follow him home to see if he's doing situps, curling dumbbells, and shooting hoops.Maybe he's one of these guys who'll fake anything to get out of preseason.

STL Station reporting its a BROKEN LEFT ANKLE - out 3 monthsReported by Martin Kilcoyne - Fox KTVI

Last edited:
STL Station reporting its a BROKEN LEFT ANKLE - out 3 months

Reported by Martin Kilcoyne - Fox KTVI
Wow. NFL Network reporting sprained ankle, in for X-Rays. Sucks to be a Bears fan these days...

STL Station reporting its a BROKEN LEFT ANKLE - out 3 months

Reported by Martin Kilcoyne - Fox KTVI
Wow. NFL Network reporting sprained ankle, in for X-Rays. Sucks to be a Bears fan these days...
Kilcoyne is a bit of a local hack, but he looked to be standing outside the locker room.

Thank God Matt Leinart is still in college, 'cause we Bears fans are looking at a terrible upcoming offensive year.
Didn't you hear? The Titans are all set to put the entire season in the tank so they can get Leinart to team up with his master teacher Norm Chow. :ph34r:
They won't have to do any "tanking" for that to happen anyway. They're that bad.

Ummm.... why did the NFL schedule the Bears with games 4 days apart? What were they thinking?
Does it really matter in preseason?
Let's ask the offensive linemen who did not keep the Rams D away from Grossman, who was still playing in the second quarter [?] if playing 2 road games in 5 days made them tired at all.

Bears | Grossman Out Three-plus Months?Fri, 12 Aug 2005 18:48:06 -0700KFFL has learned Chicago Bears QB Rex Grossman (ankle) suffered a broken left ankle per preliminary examinations. While the team has yet to officially confirm the injury, it is believed Grossman could be out possibly three months or longer.

Bears | Grossman Out Three-plus Months?

Fri, 12 Aug 2005 18:48:06 -0700

KFFL has learned Chicago Bears QB Rex Grossman (ankle) suffered a broken left ankle per preliminary examinations. While the team has yet to officially confirm the injury, it is believed Grossman could be out possibly three months or longer.
NFL Network saying the same now - broken ankle, 3-4 months. man the Bears are screwed again. :nerd:

Bears | Grossman Out Three-plus Months?

Fri, 12 Aug 2005 18:48:06 -0700

KFFL has learned Chicago Bears QB Rex Grossman (ankle) suffered a broken left ankle per preliminary examinations. While the team has yet to officially confirm the injury, it is believed Grossman could be out possibly three months or longer.
Man that sucks. Matt Leinert next year?

Ummm.... why did the NFL schedule the Bears with games 4 days apart?  What were they thinking?
Let's ask the offensive linemen who did not keep the Rams D away from Grossman, who was still playing in the second quarter [?] if playing 2 road games in 5 days made them tired at all.
you mean the linemen that probably haven't played a total of 4 quarters yet? they should be tired?

Did a team finally sign Jeff Blake this summer? I would rather him be backup than Chad Hutchinson.

Ummm.... why did the NFL schedule the Bears with games 4 days apart?  What were they thinking?
He was definitely still in in the 2nd. If I remember it was around 5 minutes in. Just hate to see this stuff happen to a guy in preseason.

Last edited:
Kyle Orton is now looking to impress the coaching staff this preseason...Lets see how he does the rest of the preseason.

Grossman is er was my QB#3 in a new dynasty league. Deep rosters so I cut a couple of long shots and added Orton and Hutchinson until things sort out. THe real question is with basically two consecutive seasons lost to injury what are the future prospects for Grossman? Does this seriously impact his future in the NFL? Is it too early to call that one?

Bears claim to be committed to Rex Grossman but have already added two more QBs in 2005. 4 QBs played in 2004 and they thought it was a good idea to add Jeff George to their roster. The number of offensive skill position players drafted in the first 1st or 2nd by the Bears since 1990? 10. Number still with the team? One, just Rex.Rex has never thrown for 250 yards in a game. Rex has never played more than 3 games. Rex's completion percentage went up in 2004 but his TD to INT ratio went down. 3 games is hardly a good barometer to gauge a player's development from one year to the next, but it's all we've got. Rex got a little bit better in 04 than in 03.There's an unwritten rule that an NFL franchise must publicly show faith in their young QB. They have. The majority of football fans believe they are truly committed to Rex. I don't. What about the other 6 guys? What other NFL team has gone thru 6 different QBs so quickly? I think they are getting their backup plan in place. Many draft reviews of Orton mention him as a possible starter in 2006 or 2007. The other 2005 addition, Kurt Kittner has played very well in NFLE and led his team to a World League berth. Kittner has raised some Bears fans' eyebrows as well as Orton. I'm not the only one that thinks the Bears are getting their backup plan in place if Grossman falters.
Snip of a post from june, let's hope they do have a backup plan in place. Ridiculous how many QBs they go thru.

Grossman is er was my QB#3 in a new dynasty league. Deep rosters so I cut a couple of long shots and added Orton and Hutchinson until things sort out. THe real question is with basically two consecutive seasons lost to injury what are the future prospects for Grossman? Does this seriously impact his future in the NFL? Is it too early to call that one?
Yeah, it's still too early but like many young players, it was going to be interesting to see how he progressed this year, especially with Muhsin. I guess he'll be back middle to end of the season.

After seeing how pathetic their QBs played last season after Grossman got hurt, will they really sit tight with what they have again? Jeff Blake was mentioned earlier and even though he's washed up he's a better option than Hutchinson. What about Vinny Testaverde? He's Joe Montana compared to Hutchinson.Orton would be the sleeper but I don't know if the Bears want to rush him into the starting lineup this soon. It would make more sense, in my opinion, to go out and sign a veteran and let him compete with Hutchinson for the starting job until Grossman comes back in the second half of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread