What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Little Melvin can't be exposed to peanuts (1 Viewer)

..your turn to be serenaded...
:waitingturntobeserenaded: :whistle:
For Mrs. BSR: I'm not singing you some angst riddled industrial grunge nonsense - I picked a beautiful timeless song with a touch of class and a dreamy disposition. Just like you, sweetheart:ONLY YOU - The Platters

Only you can make oh this world seem right

Only you can make the darkness bright

Only you and you alone

Can thrill me like you do

And fill my heart with love for only you

Only you can make oh this change in me

For it's true you are my destiny

When you hold my hand I understand

The magic that you do

You're my dream come true

My one and only you

Only you can make this change in me

The magic that you do

My one and only you

..your turn to be serenaded...
:waitingturntobeserenaded: :whistle:
For Mrs. BSR: I'm not singing you some angst riddled industrial grunge nonsense - I picked a beautiful timeless song with a touch of class and a dreamy disposition. Just like you, sweetheart:ONLY YOU - The Platters

Only you can make oh this world seem right

Only you can make the darkness bright

Only you and you alone

Can thrill me like you do

And fill my heart with love for only you

Only you can make oh this change in me

The magic that you do

My one and only you

Only you can make this change in me

The magic that you do

My one and only you
:blush: :wub: Thank you Mr. Romantic!

Old school. A little sumfing from the CatCat-Stevens's Lyrics - Cant Keep It In Lyrics Oh I can’t keep it in, I can’t keep it in, I’ve gotta let it out.I’ve got to show the world, world’s got to see, see all the loveLove that’s in me. I said, why walk alone, why worry when it’sWarm over here. you’ve got so much to say, say what you mean,Mean what you’re thinking, and think anything.Oh why, why must you waste you’re life away,You’ve got to live for today, then let it goOh, lover, I want to spend this time with you,There’s nothing I wouldn’t do, if you let me know.And I can’t keep it in, I can’t hide it and I can’t lock it away.I’m up for your love, love heats my blood,Blood spins my head, and my head falls in love, oh.No, I can’t keep it in, I can’t keep it in, I’ve gotta let it out.I’ve gotta show the world, world’s got to know,Know of the love, love that lies low, soWhy can’t you say, if you know, then why can’t you say.You’ve got too much deceit, deceit kills the light,Light needs to shine, I said shine light , shine light.Love, that’s no way to live your life,You allow too much to go by, and that won’t do.No, lover. I want to have you here by my sideNow don’t you run, don’t you hide, while I’m with you.’n I can’t keep it in, I can’t keep it in, I’ve gotta let it out.I’ve got to show the world, world’s got to see, see all the loveLove that’s in me. I said, why walk alone, why worry when it’sWarm over here. you’ve got so much to say, say what you mean,Mean what you’re thinking, and think anything. why not? Now why why why not?

I read the first 5 pages and thought all that was said could be said. I'm confused, but that's okay. This thread is scary.

:nerd:Poster Posts e-mom 616 Mrs. BSR 436 Foosball God 273 mojorizin 270 GStrot 234 Schlzm 232 Dragons 224 Nutcracker 202 MC Gusto 202 Mrs DaVinci 181 Ditkaless Wonders 169 PizzaDeliveryGuy 117 mom Bridget 103

Welcome back Shizz!!! I guess dead, but not buried would be the *****official***** status.Where's Ditka with an update on lil' Melvin?

Welcome back Shizz!!!

I guess dead, but not buried would be the *****official***** status.

Where's Ditka with an update on lil' Melvin?
Who cares, I have a feeling I missed a lot in my short absence.Schlzm

link
Teenager with peanut allergy dies after a kissCTV.ca News StaffA Quebec teenager with a peanut allergy has died after kissing her boyfriend who had eaten a peanut butter sandwich hours earlier.Fifteen-year-old Christina Desforges died Monday. She went into anaphylactic shock and in spite of being given an adrenalin shot, could not be revived.Desforges lived 250 km north of Quebec City in Saguenay.The official cause of the teen's death has not yet been released.Pediatric allergist Karen Sigman told CTV's Tania Krywiak if peanuts are still on the tongue or the lips, they can still cause a reaction.Sigman says teenagers with allergies have to let their friends know."If they're going to be dating somebody that they have to tell the people they're close to that they're allergic to make sure the people they're with aren't in contact with those nuts or peanuts," Sigman said.Parents of children with nut and peanut allergies have the added pressure of constantly watching what their offspring are eating.Terri Elituv, mother of 12-year-old Jake Elituv, told CTV News they always watch out for snacks that include peanuts, or traces of the legume."Everything is just sort of fraught with this underlying tension, you're anxious about what he's going to have, what he could touch," she said.Elituv's other concern is what happens when her son becomes more independent in his teen years -- and might not share his allergy concerns with friends at parties.Desforges' parents are planning a memorial service Saturday.
:o If my kids were allergic, I'd probably be a Peanut Nazi too.

link

Teenager with peanut allergy dies after a kiss

CTV.ca News Staff

A Quebec teenager with a peanut allergy has died after kissing her boyfriend who had eaten a peanut butter sandwich hours earlier.

Fifteen-year-old Christina Desforges died Monday. She went into anaphylactic shock and in spite of being given an adrenalin shot, could not be revived.

Desforges lived 250 km north of Quebec City in Saguenay.

The official cause of the teen's death has not yet been released.

Pediatric allergist Karen Sigman told CTV's Tania Krywiak if peanuts are still on the tongue or the lips, they can still cause a reaction.

Sigman says teenagers with allergies have to let their friends know.

"If they're going to be dating somebody that they have to tell the people they're close to that they're allergic to make sure the people they're with aren't in contact with those nuts or peanuts," Sigman said.

Parents of children with nut and peanut allergies have the added pressure of constantly watching what their offspring are eating.

Terri Elituv, mother of 12-year-old Jake Elituv, told CTV News they always watch out for snacks that include peanuts, or traces of the legume.

"Everything is just sort of fraught with this underlying tension, you're anxious about what he's going to have, what he could touch," she said.

Elituv's other concern is what happens when her son becomes more independent in his teen years -- and might not share his allergy concerns with friends at parties.

Desforges' parents are planning a memorial service Saturday.
:o If my kids were allergic, I'd probably be a Peanut Nazi too.
Absolutely. Man, I feel for the boy in this story, and for the family that lost a daughter. :cry:

I don't mean to be insensitive...but what is going on when I can probably be brought up on "assault with a deadly weapon" charges just for sticking my finger in a jar of Skippy and running around like E.T. with my finger sticking out?
:crystalball:

I'd forgotten to update. Thanks for the bump.

At Christmas there was a bit of a row when Pastor Tom by edict declared Santa Claus would not be allowed to visit the children in class nor after the children's celebration service (Kids go to the alter during service shaking bells on wrists loops and shining candle shaped flashlights while more or less singing the same song, quite beautiful really if you are a parent, but otherwise too sacchrine for most peoples tastes.) Pastor Tom believes the secularists and their Idolotrous symbol Santa will lead to the distruction of Christmas. (His epistle to the coloradans-not as famous as Paul's Epistle to the Wookies or whoever- actually stated he could not stand by and watch Christmas turn into Santamas. Twas a stirring call to the faith no doubt. Regardless some of the Mom's, including Mother Melvin, put their feet down. They demanded there be a Santa and so it was.

The night of the service all the kids arrived in their finery. Almost all of the girls arrived in the exact same red velvet dress from Target with white faux feather collar (I know this because that's where we got our daughter's outfit.) The service went off without a hitch. Well one hitch as one wrist bracelet of jingle bells flew from one youngster's wrist into the asembled worshipers and or disinterested parents and grandparents who were there solely to watch their kids.

The service ended and the big moment came. Upon filing out of the chapel/sanctuary, or whatever Lutherans call it to the school portion of the complex we ran smack dab into that jolly old elf himself. Santa was resplendant in cheap suit, false beard, drty rubber boots, and work gloves. Each child went up to Santa to sit on his lap and make their request. Come Little Melvin's turn things went bad. Apparently the rented Santa suit had been exposed to peanuts and Melvin swelled with hives at an alarming rate. His skin bulged, his eyes swelled shut, and he started choking with his airway closing. His epi pens were in the administrative offices. The person with the keys could not be located and Pastor Tom rushed up to kick the tempered safety glass in the door out to gain access. Pastor Tom was unsuccessful. My wife asked me to force the door (I'm rather large so I'm an obvious choice for such actions) when the head of the school came in from the parking lot with the keys making any attempts on my part unneccessary. She secured the pens and along with the mother administered to Melvin who showed rather rapid improvement but still needed to be taken by ambulance to the hospital for further treatment.

Come Little Melvin's turn things went bad. Apparently the rented Santa suit had been exposed to peanuts and Melvin swelled with hives at an alarming rate. His skin bulged, his eyes swelled shut, and he started choking with his airway closing. His epi pens were in the administrative offices.
You would think the mother would carry an epi-pen in her purse anytime she went anywhere with little Melvin. :rolleyes:

Come Little Melvin's turn things went bad.  Apparently the rented Santa suit had been exposed to peanuts and Melvin swelled with hives at an alarming rate.  His skin bulged, his eyes swelled shut, and he started choking with his airway closing.  His epi pens were in the administrative offices.
You would think the mother would carry an epi-pen in her purse anytime she went anywhere with little Melvin. :rolleyes:
One would think. Christmas distractions and what not. One of the other mothers actually had an epi pen in her car as her child is allergic to bees apparently. She got her car first aid kit and came in. It had an epi pen, benedryl, prednisone among other things but before any decision to try to use foriegn meds was made the situation began to resolve.

Is Melvin Dead yet? My money is on a carelessly discarded payday.
This isn't funny, a friend's child (4 year old) nearly died because he ate half a peanut over at another friends house.
I guess the parents should be doing a better job. How can you trust that a four year old is safe at another residence without the parent being there.?

Wow - never saw this thread before. I just read the initial post and then skipped here. How is there 84 pages on this? Anyone want to be a pal and capsulize this for me?

Wow - never saw this thread before. I just read the initial post and then skipped here. How is there 84 pages on this? Anyone want to be a pal and capsulize this for me?
The first page deals with a serious peanut allergy, which leads to mainly women from a peanut allergy board coming over and giving details. It thens turns into 83 pages of flirting (mainly by the funny mojorizin). Then the guy gives an update on his kid (who has a very scary episode), Loan Sharks says something dumb, I call him on it, Jules says something worse, I respond, and Joe asked us to chill.Flirting funny, insensitive comments regarding the allergy.

Wow - never saw this thread before.  I just read the initial post and then skipped here.  How is there 84 pages on this?  Anyone want to be a pal and capsulize this for me?
The first page deals with a serious peanut allergy, which leads to mainly women from a peanut allergy board coming over and giving details. It thens turns into 83 pages of flirting (mainly by the funny mojorizin). Then the guy gives an update on his kid (who has a very scary episode), Loan Sharks says something dumb, I call him on it, Jules says something worse, I respond, and Joe asked us to chill.Flirting funny, insensitive comments regarding the allergy.
Uncle Mojo flirted for 83 pages? I have always touted his skills, but he's fast becoming a legend.

Uncle Mojo flirted for 83 pages? I have always touted his skills, but he's fast becoming a legend.
If it helps in describing how this thread evolved, it used to be over 100 pages. And Mojo was damned funny.

Wow - never saw this thread before.  I just read the initial post and then skipped here.  How is there 84 pages on this?  Anyone want to be a pal and capsulize this for me?
I made a foray to the Peanut allergy board and invited some moms over to talk. Several showed up. A few were flirtatious and sarcastic and they posted pics. They were cute. The thread got off and running. Then we had allegations of stalking, fetishwear discussions, more flirting, Mojo and Foos in a flirt off with me being Foos' hired speachwriter, Mrs D and Mrs BSR coming out of their shells and toying with the boys in the band.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it helps in describing how this thread evolved, it used to be over 100 pages. And Mojo was damned funny.
How on Earth have I never seen this?

Users who are viewing this thread