What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Min v. NYJ...... (1 Viewer)

dont know, not getting the game. I said that before the game even started, so i really dont know, lol.

Bennett doesn't look good...has nowhere to run but isn't doing anything, plus didn't block that blitzer at all!

Michael Bennett looks terrible so far. He is running tentatively and should have had a nice gain on that first draw play as the hole was there but he danced around and got tackled.The player I am impressed with is Travis Taylor. He is looking very good and Culpepper appears to have alot of confidence in him.

so far Bennett hasn't done much yet..there aren't any holes to speak of but he also hasn't tried to avoid running into a wall of Jets

Looks like the Vikings will be spreading the ball around this year, I wouldn't spend a high draft pick on any of their receivers.

Bennett's doing way too much dancing. He has nothing to work with but he's not running with confidence. Burleson is so the real deal it's not even funny. Culpepper's doing a great job of spreading the ball around.

Looks like the Vikings will be spreading the ball around this year, I wouldn't spend a high draft pick on any of their receivers.
And you can tell that all from one quarter?

Moe Williams with his second carry..just like Bennett he has not seen any kind of hole to try to burst through..Jets run d playing well.

Travis Taylor playing the slot almost gets into the end zone.. tried to fight through the entire jets secondary just didn't get there..VIkins on the goaline

first play is a route to the sideline of the endzone, burelson made the grab but comes down out of bounds..We need Ty Law in there..

I wasn't really pro or con in regards to Michael Bennett this season going into this game. I was pretty much on the fence although I have never really been a big fan of his due to his lack of football instincts.However I believe if this is how he is playing right now that Mr. Mewelde Moore if he can get his attitude turned around, may indeed get a chance to be the guy for this team.Give Bennett a big hole and room to run and he'll gallop for long yardage but he dances too much and doesn't run with authority. I will be avoiding him come draft day.

VIkes give it to Moe Williams on 2nd and Goal but jets take an offsides penalty.. He got stuffed at the Goaline..I think it was Moe, but not sure

It doesn't matter who starts at RB for the Vikings. All of their short-range TDs will be gobbled up by Culpepper (throwing or running) and Mo Williams.

Even with Moss gone the Vikings look to pass near the goal line.
surprised they went to Burleson...I'd think Robinson would be the guy on the fades
Might be yet another indication how high they are on Burleson. And I think they have every right to like him as much as they do. He's gonna have a big year.

Speaking from a fan's perspective...I really like the way the Vikings' defense looks! That third and short play action pass would have been a passing first down in the past!Of course now they will give up a long drive! :rolleyes:

Speaking from a fan's perspective...I really like the way the Vikings' defense looks! That third and short play action pass would have been a passing first down in the past!

Of course now they will give up a long drive! :rolleyes:
QB with a better deep arm would've just dropped a TD bomb to McCareins on that last play.

Daunte Culpepper = Undervalued
I agree. Contrary to reports it seems he'll be just fine without Moss. Shhhh. Don't tell BostonFred. ;) Many had thought Cpep was doomed because Moss was gone. I've tried to let people know that:

1. Cpep is a good QB.

2. They have too many weapons to be stopped.

Cpep will do fine and again compete for the #1 or 2 QB ranking.

Also, the Jets have a very good D. To see Minn march down the field on a good D is showing us they will continue to be one of the best offenses in the NFL.

the deep throw (incomplete) by DChad shows that he has enough arm strength to throw at least some of the deep routes.. The deep out is going to be a problem

Pennington to Coles TD wide open in the end zone. That new-look Vikings' D is starting to look suspiciously like the old D. ;)

Speaking from a fan's perspective...I really like the way the Vikings' defense looks! That third and short play action pass would have been a passing first down in the past!

Of course now they will give up a long drive! :rolleyes:
:wall:

the deep throw (incomplete) by DChad shows that he has enough arm strength to throw at least some of the deep routes..
Arm strength was there but the accuracy was poor. A QB with more of a mastery of the deep pass probably would've been able to complete that pass because McCareins was wide open. Was Sharper in on that series? I was looking for him but didn't see him. Of course, he hasn't been anywhere near a receiver in about three years. :D

Users who are viewing this thread