What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Min v. NYJ...... (1 Viewer)

the deep throw (incomplete) by DChad shows that he has enough arm strength to throw at least some of the deep routes..
Arm strength was there but the accuracy was poor. A QB with more of a mastery of the deep pass probably would've been able to complete that pass because McCareins was wide open. Was Sharper in on that series? I was looking for him but didn't see him. Of course, he hasn't been anywhere near a receiver in about three years. :D
Unless he was playing against the Vikings! :rant:

So far the Jets have not had much success running the ball..Curtis has about 5 carries but probably doesn't even have 10 yards

Bennett = ToastI have been a supporter, but this is pathetic!(Also, Matt Birk, please get healthy Cory Withrow stinks - 2nd holding call)

Where is McCareins?
He's been out there, been targeted a few times -- including a bomb downfield when he was wide open for what should've been a TD if Pennington had been more accurate. And if your league counts special teams production McCareins was returning punts.

The Vikings are looking like the Raiders with all these penalties..Tice has got to get these guys focused

Mewelde in the game.. first carry for about 3 yards.I'm telling you the Jets front 4 is stopping the run beautifully

Coles seems to be running well too.
I think Coles is going to have a nice bounce back this year.I always like my starting WR's to have TWO strong QB's on their team. I don't want to lose a good WR because a crappy QB2 has to come in for an injured QB1.

I don't think the Jets lose too much if Fiedler has to play.

MM with a run..but don't be fooled, it was a draw play and the Jets had everybody back playing Prevent.. last play of the half

I think Coles is going to have a nice bounce back this year.I always like my starting WR's to have TWO strong QB's on their team. I don't want to lose a good WR because a crappy QB2 has to come in for an injured QB1.

:eek: Did you watch mega-noggin' in Miami at all?

Last edited by a moderator:

:eek:
not that this is news at all.. But the Vikings with Brad Johnson in have not looked good at all.. Culpepper moves the team down the field and Brad Johnson looks like he lost his shoe

MM with a run..but don't be fooled, it was a draw play and the Jets had everybody back playing Prevent.. last play of the half
But at the same time, there was NO hesitation like Bennett has. Seriously guys, I am looking at this from a Viking fan's perspective and not a Fantasy Football perspective and Bennett is not good for the team.

Mewelde in the game.. first carry for about 3 yards.

I'm telling you the Jets front 4 is stopping the run beautifully
I agree. Thomas is more and more making a believer out of me. I would love to see him be able to make the Jets feel confident enough to tell Abraham to go piss up a rope.

:eek: Did you watch mega-noggin' in Miami at all?
Yep...and even though he looked like a volkswagon with it's doors open...I think he was vastly underrated there.

Well you have to say Tice was right about his special teams being something special this year...

Hello Troy, no problems with the over the shoulder catch there.LOL, and again he strikes again! :football:

Get him running with that 1st team next week Tice. It's rather clear he's too good for the scrubs that are in now :wall:

Down goes Fason, he was looking really good too. Looks like a knee or ankle.Grossman, Gates, Benson, now Fason. Stay away from the guys on my team fellas.

Down goes Fason, he was looking really good too. Looks like a knee or ankle.

Grossman, Gates, Benson, now Fason. Stay away from the guys on my team fellas.
Who else do you have?

Down goes Fason, he was looking really good too. Looks like a knee or ankle.

Grossman, Gates, Benson, now Fason. Stay away from the guys on my team fellas.
Who else do you have?
Stay away from Moss and Bulger ;) .Prelim report on Fason is a sprained knee, how long does that usually hold guys out? Just watching a few Vikes games he 'looks' to me like the best back on that squad.

Fason is trying to walk it off, but, the way he got up after the hit, and fell back down, does not look real good.TV announcers with pre-lim "strained knee"Definitely something to keep an eye on.Edited for spelling and grammar

Prelim report on Fason is a sprained knee, how long does that usually hold guys out? Just watching a few Vikes games he 'looks' to me like the best back on that squad.
That's only because you have him on your team. So far Fason has only seen 3rd string defenses. Based on what I've seen MM is clearly the best back on the team.

Prelim report on Fason is a sprained knee, how long does that usually hold guys out? Just watching a few Vikes games he 'looks' to me like the best back on that squad.
That's only because you have him on your team. So far Fason has only seen 3rd string defenses. Based on what I've seen MM is clearly the best back on the team.
I wasn't talking who they're playing against. Just cut and vision wise he was looking very good, albeit in his 2 games he's only had 12 carries or so. The 2nd run he had tonight he had a couple nice cuts, and the the one after that he showed some good vision cutting back (smoothly) away from the play. And I have Moore also so there's no prerogative here.

I've only got the Bengals/Washinton game so I can't really comment on how Fason looked tonight. But I've seen a lot of MM from last year and the first pre-season game and he has looked very impressive. Saying Fason looks better than Moore is saying a lot.

To be fair though, I was only talking running. I thought Tice was exaggerating when he said Fason was an absolutely terrible blocker, but he wasn't. Anyone else see that play where he stepped into the wrong hole and kind of turned around looking bewildered as a guy came untouched at the QB?

Users who are viewing this thread