What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SD vs STL (1 Viewer)

I am worried for Faulk/Jax. W/ the D bein this bad, Bulger will have to pass pass pass. The O line hasnt protected him well, thus makin for a long year for Rams.
Dunno how much better the line will get, either. Martz talked this morning about rookie Alex Barron playing NO Right Tackle at all this season (he is currently working out at Left Tackle). Of course if protection doesn't get better, he may have to...

Chargers president just said Gates will sign his one year tender today, and report to practice tommorow.. but still will miss first reg season game. Why didn't he just report yesterday?? :confused:

We'll see a lot of this. Martz is already adjusting to the pressure/protection. Shotgun, short drops, mixing it up.

#3TD Curtis. tough to cover all of em - esp with that speed he has

Last edited:
Turner looks good.. but i would like to see sporles at #2 on the depth chart.. :thumbup:
Sproles reminds me of Napoleon Kaufman. Fast, spectacular looking, but too small to be more than a change-of-pace type guy.
Countless backs have proven size is not as big a factor as you think (Dunn, portis, even tomilinson) Though sporles is even smaller than those guys... but i like what i've seen so far from him.. he was unstoppable his sophomore year at K State

So is Faulk playing the third WR or are these catches out of the backfield?
:goodposting: :X :X :X

<Jax owner in a ppr league>
anybody? Is Faulk going to be like Eric Metcalf (I think its a good role for him) essentially making Marshall the #3 WR?

anybody? Is Faulk going to be like Eric Metcalf (I think its a good role for him) essentially making Marshall the #3 WR?
He looked pretty fleet of foot out there. Made a lot of cuts and showed ability to change direction. He'll cut into both Jax numbers for certain.

Chargers president just said Gates will sign his one year tender today, and report to practice tommorow.. but still will miss first reg season game. Why didn't he just report yesterday?? :confused:
Look on the brightside, at least he won't get hurt in a preseason game.

Turner looks good.. but i would like to see sporles at #2 on the depth chart.. :thumbup:
Sproles reminds me of Napoleon Kaufman. Fast, spectacular looking, but too small to be more than a change-of-pace type guy.
Countless backs have proven size is not as big a factor as you think (Dunn, portis, even tomilinson) Though sporles is even smaller than those guys... but i like what i've seen so far from him.. he was unstoppable his sophomore year at K State
Well, watching him in the preseason, I can say that as a pass-catching back he will be very useful. His moves in the open field are nice. However, he has been stuffed for no gain or a loss on most of his runs inside, which to me indicates that he won't ever be able to be a #1 back. You have to be able to do that to be #1.

Typical Bulger - gonna have 150 yards by half. I love this guy this year, regardless of how well the protection improves

Turned a 17-0 deficit to 17-14 pretty quick these RamsHOLY ####! ONSIDE KICK! That crazy Mike Martz. Worked, too. Fumble fingers from the special teamer there.

Last edited:
That sproles is a nice triple threat.. every time he's touched the ball today, he's made something happen

Well, watching him in the preseason, I can say that as a pass-catching back he will be very useful. His moves in the open field are nice. However, he has been stuffed for no gain or a loss on most of his runs inside, which to me indicates that he won't ever be able to be a #1 back. You have to be able to do that to be #1.
From what I've heard, the team likes Sproles alot, but do not consider him an every down back. They really like what Michael Tuner is doing and if something happened to LT, Turner would be the one getting most of the work. Sproles does look quick, though. :thumbup:

anyone know why wilkins isn't kicking? Is it injury or does martz just not really care about getting him preseason reps? :confused:

anyone know why wilkins isn't kicking? Is it injury or does martz just not really care about getting him preseason reps? :confused:
Brought in Arena Leaguer Hamilton to take the work of preseason kicks off of Wilkins. Same last week. I've heard nothing negative about Wilkins' ability to go once season begins

SD INT gimme TD from deflection off FAulk - shoulda been caught

Yeah on a 3rd down brought up by another dropped pass on the play before by Mcdonald. Some tough breaks for Bulger.

SJax runs with some attitude. Beast of a kid if he gets it going.

He'll get touches, but I'm not concerned about SJ in the least.
I dont think SJ is impacted either. I have thought that Faulk's career could be extended by moving him to an Eric Metcalf late in his career type role. Getting in as WR and doing things from the slot. Just curious if he had been used like that, or more of a change of pace RB/3rd down RB only.

Yeah on a 3rd down brought up by another dropped pass on the play before by Mcdonald. Some tough breaks for Bulger.
Nah, it was a bad pass by Bulger, not a drop by mcdonald.
It looked to me like a timing pattern that Bulger set down inbetween the zone. Mcdonald slid under it and the ball hit him in the hands/chest and just squirted out.

Some odd coaching decisions by Martz.Why try an onside kick in a preseason game?Then why call timeout with four seconds left in the half so you can attempt a hail mary?Both decisions seem kind of risky from an injury standpoint.

I dont think SJ is impacted either. I have thought that Faulk's career could be extended by moving him to an Eric Metcalf late in his career type role. Getting in as WR and doing things from the slot. Just curious if he had been used like that, or more of a change of pace RB/3rd down RB only.
Well, like the others said it was pretty much out of the backfield. However, his first catch came when both he and SJax were lined up in the backfield, then Faulk went in motion out wide before the snap and caught a quick pass.

Nah, it was a bad pass by Bulger, not a drop by mcdonald.
It looked to me like a timing pattern that Bulger set down inbetween the zone. Mcdonald slid under it and the ball hit him in the hands/chest and just squirted out.
I thought the reason mcdonald slid is because the ball was thrown behind him. Just my impression.

Well, like the others said it was pretty much out of the backfield. However, his first catch came when both he and SJax were lined up in the backfield, then Faulk went in motion out wide before the snap and caught a quick pass.
Faulk is an interesting play this season. I really think he is a rich man's eric metcalf from here on out. Metcalf stats:| Rushing | Receiving |

+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

| Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |

| 1989 cle | 16 | 187 633 3.4 6 | 54 397 7.4 4 |

| 1990 cle | 16 | 80 248 3.1 1 | 57 452 7.9 1 |

| 1991 cle | 8 | 30 107 3.6 0 | 29 294 10.1 0 |

| 1992 cle | 16 | 73 301 4.1 1 | 47 614 13.1 5 |

| 1993 cle | 16 | 129 611 4.7 1 | 63 539 8.6 2 |

| 1994 cle | 16 | 93 329 3.5 2 | 47 436 9.3 3 |

| 1995 atl | 16 | 28 133 4.8 1 | 104 1189 11.4 8 |

| 1996 atl | 16 | 3 8 2.7 0 | 54 599 11.1 6 |

| 1997 sdg | 16 | 3 -5 -1.7 0 | 40 576 14.4 2 |

| 1998 ari | 16 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 31 324 10.5 0 |

| 1999 car | 16 | 2 20 10.0 0 | 11 133 12.1 0 |

| 2001 was | 10 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 4 19 4.8 0 |

| 2002 gnb | 1 | 2 7 3.5 0 | 0 0 0.0 0 |

| TOTAL | 179 | 630 2392 3.8 12 | 541 5572 10.3 31 |

He's had two games now at close to 7 ypc, but even in a full half he's only getting 6-7 carries. Hopefully he gets much more work as the season unfolds.

He's had two games now at close to 7 ypc, but even in a full half he's only getting 6-7 carries. Hopefully he gets much more work as the season unfolds.
Just keeping him fresh, and not risking injury.

Just keeping him fresh, and not risking injury.
Looks more like a team falling behind that still has a hall of fame back to get the ball. I'd love to see this kid see 20-25 carries, but I wouldn't bet on it happening with the makeup of this team

Did I just read CBS Sportsline correctly? The Rams had 4 consecutive plays for a loss (plus a penalty) resulting in a safety for the Chargers!!!Rams = no depth

Users who are viewing this thread