Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, MaxThreshold said:

Update:  Never mind.  I realized that the DD online uses a blend of rankings from dodds, Henry, Tremblay,  etc... whereas the DD Classic and MyFBG projections are using only one author's rankings.  I think I'll go with the DD online  as I like the blend of rankings.

The DD Mobile and DD Online use a different algorithm than DD Classic. That's the first thing that will make rankings differ. You can have a blend of weighted projections in DD Classic also, you just need to adjust projection weights in Projection Dominator Classic first, then import that file into DD Classic. There will still be the algorithmic discrepancy between new and classic though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

The DD Mobile and DD Online use a different algorithm than DD Classic. That's the first thing that will make rankings differ. You can have a blend of weighted projections in DD Classic also, you just need to adjust projection weights in Projection Dominator Classic first, then import that file into DD Classic. There will still be the algorithmic discrepancy between new and classic though.

I used the online DD for the first time this year and came away pretty impressed.  I was a staunch Classic DD up until yesterday.  Thanks for responding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are player comments (Comments tab) only accessible when the player is highlighted in the Value window? If not, how else can I access them? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Simon,

The DD Classic keeps generating an error when trying to import the VBD excel spreadsheet.  Even an unmodified download of the VBD sheet.

The error message is "Error Reading Excel File - Error in loading DLL" when you hit Okay it follows up with "Error Reading the VBD Excel Spreadsheet, Close the Spreadsheet if Open, and Try Again"

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2017 at 8:23 PM, MaxThreshold said:

I used the online DD for the first time this year and came away pretty impressed.  I was a staunch Classic DD up until yesterday.  Thanks for responding!

DD ONline just sucks.

It keeps bringing up last years teams and there is no possible way to clear the teams. I've tried starting 6 new drafts and it always defaults to last years teams with no link to clear them.

Screw this, I'm so effing pissed

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mr.Pack said:

DD ONline just sucks.

It keeps bringing up last years teams and there is no possible way to clear the teams. I've tried starting 6 new drafts and it always defaults to last years teams with no link to clear them.

Screw this, I'm so effing pissed

Please email me shepherd@footballguys.com . This is the wrong forum for the DD Online and we don't do support for this stuff on the forums. But I'll get you the help you need over email. I suspect you just need to use draft.footballguys.com instead of draftdominator.footballguys.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 9:03 PM, Chaka said:

Hi Simon,

The DD Classic keeps generating an error when trying to import the VBD excel spreadsheet.  Even an unmodified download of the VBD sheet.

The error message is "Error Reading Excel File - Error in loading DLL" when you hit Okay it follows up with "Error Reading the VBD Excel Spreadsheet, Close the Spreadsheet if Open, and Try Again"

Thoughts?

The DD Classic is not something I can help with. Please try Bruce at henderson@ the footballguys domain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Simon Shepherd said:

Please email me shepherd@footballguys.com . This is the wrong forum for the DD Online and we don't do support for this stuff on the forums. But I'll get you the help you need over email. I suspect you just need to use draft.footballguys.com instead of draftdominator.footballguys.com

email sent.

FYI - I've been using draft.footballguys.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Simon Shepherd said:

The DD Classic is not something I can help with. Please try Bruce at henderson@ the footballguys domain.

I wish you would have waited for the one year anniversary before responding?  51 weeks just doesn't hold the same significance.

;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaka said:

I wish you would have waited for the one year anniversary before responding?  51 weeks just doesn't hold the same significance.

;)

 

Didn't see that was from last year! My bad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how the rankings are compiled i.e. who contributes to the various sources for draft below? (Dodds, etc.)

- Draft Dominator online

- Draft Dominator mobile

- Draft Dominator classic https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2019-draft-dominator-classic-mac

- Value Based Drafting VBD https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2019-vbd-excel-app

- Cheatsheets https://subscribers.footballguys.com/2019/cheatsheets.php

 

I'm very old school so I enjoy printing but I noticed that the rankings are much different amongst each other. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just Downloaded and setup DD Classic - it won't let me expand the Player Pool Data inside the Data Pool Window - I can expand the Window but the data still stays in the same place - I miss the ADP Columns, Age, Exp - and both notes - I have to scroll over to see these columns

 

ETA - same thing in Player Pool- Weekly Points - I like looking at last  weeks for playoff points if it's a close call between players

 

I have 29" Monitor - I'd like to use the full screen real estate properly

Edited by ffldrew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 12:44 PM, ffldrew said:

Just Downloaded and setup DD Classic - it won't let me expand the Player Pool Data inside the Data Pool Window - I can expand the Window but the data still stays in the same place - I miss the ADP Columns, Age, Exp - and both notes - I have to scroll over to see these columns

I don't have that problem.  Go to the header row and you should be able to expand the columns just like you would in EXCEL.

Edited by GoBears84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.