Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Bruce, In regards to the "depth chart" window, is there a way to quickly navigate from one team to another? All I see is the arrows to go in alphabetical order. When drafting, or simply searching through the charts, it would be helpful to get from one team to another quicker. Any chance of adding team tabs withing the window, or a scroll? Thanks,TR

The problem is, is that 32 tabs take up a ton of screen space. You can use the Left and Right arrow keys if the window has focus. Those go pretty fast.
Ah-ha! The request to which there has never had a formal reply is finally rhetorically answered!Bruce, would it be possible to make the depth charts so that if you right-clicked on the top bar ot them that an entire list of all 32 teams came up and then you could just scroll down to the team of interest? While using the Left-Right arrows is reasonably quick, it's cumbersome.Thanks,Joel Edited by GoBears84

im in a cbs standard scoring redraft league. i am planning on using DD as a draft guide for the first time this year. I have pick #11. any tweaks or advice for a DD guppy?

im in a cbs standard scoring redraft league. i am planning on using DD as a draft guide for the first time this year. I have pick #11. any tweaks or advice for a DD guppy?

A couple ..1) If you are drafting online with the CBS draft room, use two PC's, or two monitors. Run the CBS draft room in one, the DD on the other. This way you only have to go to the draft room to make your pick, Most of the time you just enter the other teams picks and think about your next ones.2) It is OK to deviate from the DD projected pick. It is a tool, so is your brain.3) Mock, Mock, Mock, and then Mock some more. Get comfortable with the DD, get an idea of which players will be available where.4) Check out the default CBS projections and rankings. In the CBS draft tool it is recomending players to the other owners ... have an idea on who it is recomending and when.Good Luck.

I plugged in my league scoring, and it has -2 points for each QB INT...however, when I set that to 0 for another league, Manning drops from 18 overall to 23 overall. shouldn't no penalty for INTs cause Manning's value to rise? what am I missing?

I plugged in my league scoring, and it has -2 points for each QB INT...however, when I set that to 0 for another league, Manning drops from 18 overall to 23 overall. shouldn't no penalty for INTs cause Manning's value to rise? what am I missing?

Are you entering interceptions in as 2 or -2? Try entering -2, and see if it looks better.

Nope, I think that's makes perfect sense. Manning is projected to throw 31 & 12 (esitmate). Thats a very high TD to interception ratio. As soon as you remove that penalty, Manning stays number 1, but all the others rise up (and bunch up). This is increasing the baseline players total point projection more than Mannings pont production. So even though Mannings total points goes UP, his VBD goes down, thus lowering his value.

Nope, I think that's makes perfect sense. Manning is projected to throw 31 & 12 (esitmate). Thats a very high TD to interception ratio. As soon as you remove that penalty, Manning stays number 1, but all the others rise up (and bunch up). This is increasing the baseline players total point projection more than Mannings pont production. So even though Mannings total points goes UP, his VBD goes down, thus lowering his value.
Maybe I'm thick, but explain that again? Are you saying that because Manning's throwing fewer INTs, there will be more yards/catches for other guys, so they rise up higher? Or are you saying that it makes Manning even LESS valuable as a QB, because he's not being penalized by the -2 points nearly as much as other QBs were, so it collapses the QB rankings closer together?

Maybe I'm thick, but explain that again? Are you saying that because Manning's throwing fewer INTs, there will be more yards/catches for other guys, so they rise up higher? Or are you saying that it makes Manning even LESS valuable as a QB, because he's not being penalized by the -2 points nearly as much as other QBs were, so it collapses the QB rankings closer together?
The second part, manning is less valuable (lower VBD number, he is still a great QB) because he is currently being penalized less than all the other QB's.

OK, I am using DD in an auction league. We have a rule that a player being brought up has to have a minimum bid of $1 by the person bringing the player up. Thus, once an owner has filled his roster he can no longer bring any players up. I cannot find an option to set where the owner would be skipped once he has reached a maximum roster size. Even a "skip" button would be better than nothing. Right now I am manually adding a fake QB and moving him as zero dollars.

the faq inside dd doesnt work I get an error..... what does the team strenghts mean? team one has 2326 for over all and my team is listed as #4 with 2204 does that mean i have the fourth strongest over all team? and does each of the other numbers represent the teams with the strongest players by position? thanks

Hey Bruce...quick question regarding the double serpentine option...when we have done it in the past it goes as such...1-14, 14-1, 14-1, 1-14, 1-14, 14-1, 14-1, etc...in the DD it's quite a bit different? Have we been doing it wrong all these years? :X We thought it was pretty equal. The one in the DD would seem to favor picking at the bottom of the draft ;) ...just curious? Thanks, MJ

im not too sure what serpintine and double serpintine is, but neither seem to be the way my two leagues draft is there another option? my league has twevle teams 1 to 12 pick then it goes back from 12 to 3 skip #2 one picks then two double pick then back to one skiping two then goes up to (becasue they just had their #2 pick in a double) team 10 skips 11 12 picks then 11 double picks and so on... team one (first pick of the draft does not double pick until round 12) is there a name for this style drafting and is there a default for it in DD? thanks

the faq inside dd doesnt work I get an error..... what does the team strenghts mean? team one has 2326 for over all and my team is listed as #4 with 2204 does that mean i have the fourth strongest over all team? and does each of the other numbers represent the teams with the strongest players by position? thanks

Team Strength calculates your starters at full strength and your backups at a reduced strength. Yes #4 is the 4th best projected team. You can click on the other columns to sort by position strength. The bigger the number the better.

Hey Bruce...quick question regarding the double serpentine option...when we have done it in the past it goes as such...1-14, 14-1, 14-1, 1-14, 1-14, 14-1, 14-1, etc...in the DD it's quite a bit different? Have we been doing it wrong all these years? :X We thought it was pretty equal. The one in the DD would seem to favor picking at the bottom of the draft ;) ...just curious? Thanks, MJ

im not too sure what serpintine and double serpintine is, but neither seem to be the way my two leagues draft is there another option? my league has twevle teams 1 to 12 pick then it goes back from 12 to 3 skip #2 one picks then two double pick then back to one skiping two then goes up to (becasue they just had their #2 pick in a double) team 10 skips 11 12 picks then 11 double picks and so on... team one (first pick of the draft does not double pick until round 12) is there a name for this style drafting and is there a default for it in DD? thanks
Here, just put in a custom draft order. You can either use the drop down boxes to select the teams... or type in the team number followed by the down arrow, team number, down arrow, etc... that goes much quicker. A tip here is to enter your team names in the order that they draft the first round on the team names tab first.

Is there a way to set the plex player to just allow the flex player to be WR/TE? Our starting requirement is

2QB

2WR

2RB

1TE

1Flex that can only be WR/TE

K

D

Thanks

Edited by HULLOBUDMAN

Is there a way to set the plex player to just allow the flex player to be WR/TE? Our starting requirement is2QB2WR2RB1Flex that can only be WR/TEKDThanks

Set TE=0, so TEs are lumped in with WRs. Then just set WR=3 and Flex=0.

Is there a way to set the plex player to just allow the flex player to be WR/TE? Our starting requirement is2QB2WR2RB1TE1Flex that can only be WR/TEKDThanks

Set TE=0, so TEs are lumped in with WRs. Then just set WR=3 and Flex=0.
sorry there is 1TE required to start. I have fixed the original post

In this case, set TE=1, WR=3, and Flex=0. It would be rare that you start 2 TDs... unless you have 2 of the top 5 TEs... In most cases you are going to start 3 WRs instead...

Bruce, In regards to the "depth chart" window, is there a way to quickly navigate from one team to another? All I see is the arrows to go in alphabetical order. When drafting, or simply searching through the charts, it would be helpful to get from one team to another quicker. Any chance of adding team tabs withing the window, or a scroll? Thanks,TR

The problem is, is that 32 tabs take up a ton of screen space. You can use the Left and Right arrow keys if the window has focus. Those go pretty fast.
Ah-ha! The request to which there has never had a formal reply is finally rhetorically answered!Bruce, would it be possible to make the depth charts so that if you right-clicked on the top bar ot them that an entire list of all 32 teams came up and then you could just scroll down to the team of interest? While using the Left-Right arrows is reasonably quick, it's cumbersome.Thanks,Joel
Another thought, is there a way to get the depth chart information onto one of the notes? My league only gives 60 secs per pick - so that would speed up getting that info alot. Thanks!Blair

For some reason, I haven't been able to change the auction values on the DD to my liking. I don't want my QBs/TE valued so high, and I want to increase the value on my WR/RB. This seemed like a simple change, but somehow it always keeps their values too high. What I'd like to do is put in all the values manually so I know everything is correct. Can I do this in the player notes section?

Any ideas??

Bruce, I'm trying to install version 7.0g DD. I keep getting an error message" Run Time Error 380-Invalid Property Value". It never let's me open the program. Never had problems with the earlier subscriber versions. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Did you start with a league from last year?

I'm thinking there is something from last year that is causing this. Try uninstalling the DD. Then go to your C:\Program Files\DraftDominator subdirectory and remove any remaining files except for your league files (*.ddf) and PlayerNotes.dat (if you added any player notes). Then download and install a fresh copy of the DD.

Let me know how it goes.

BUMP for Bruce to see my post about manually entering Auction Values.

Edited by ManODaHour

For some reason, I haven't been able to change the auction values on the DD to my liking. I don't want my QBs/TE valued so high, and I want to increase the value on my WR/RB. This seemed like a simple change, but somehow it always keeps their values too high. What I'd like to do is put in all the values manually so I know everything is correct. Can I do this in the player notes section?Any ideas??

Yes, and the Player Notes section is the way to go here. If you put them in Player Note 3, then when a player is selected, it will automatically fill in the Amt. Paid on the Draft Status window too.

For some reason, I haven't been able to change the auction values on the DD to my liking. I don't want my QBs/TE valued so high, and I want to increase the value on my WR/RB. This seemed like a simple change, but somehow it always keeps their values too high. What I'd like to do is put in all the values manually so I know everything is correct. Can I do this in the player notes section?Any ideas??

Yes, and the Player Notes section is the way to go here. If you put them in Player Note 3, then when a player is selected, it will automatically fill in the Amt. Paid on the Draft Status window too.
Thanks Bruce. I'm all over it!!!

Bruce,

UNBELIEVABLE application. Thank you.

Question - who's projections are these? yours? or someone else from the footballguys staff?

Bruce,UNBELIEVABLE application. Thank you.Question - who's projections are these? yours? or someone else from the footballguys staff?

Actually Dodds does the offensive projections and John Norton does the IDP projections.

Thanks, Bruce.

Another question - I just added my schedule (who I play each week) and the rankings changed pretty dramatically. What is going on behind those changes?

Thanks, Bruce.Another question - I just added my schedule (who I play each week) and the rankings changed pretty dramatically. What is going on behind those changes?

Adding a schedule shouldn't change the rankings. If you added weekly weights for your divisional games or playoffs... on the GameByGame window... that would affect the rankings.

Hi Bruce,

I am having trouble with the projections in DD. I import my VBD excel projections, and they look correct under projections in the setup, but when I go to the DD windows like Player Pool or Team Data, the points for players (and resulting VBD) are off. For example, my VBD app and Setup projections say Peyton Manning should have 377 points, but the windows give him only 352.4. Where does this number come from (it's also reflected when I try to print cheatsheets).

Thanks in advance for the help,

Ron

Hi Bruce, I am having trouble with the projections in DD. I import my VBD excel projections, and they look correct under projections in the setup, but when I go to the DD windows like Player Pool or Team Data, the points for players (and resulting VBD) are off. For example, my VBD app and Setup projections say Peyton Manning should have 377 points, but the windows give him only 352.4. Where does this number come from (it's also reflected when I try to print cheatsheets). Thanks in advance for the help, Ron

The Player Pool is weighed by the Weekly Weights. Look at the bottom of the Game By Game window. Uncheck the Use Weekly Weights checkbox and click Recalculate. This will make the Player Pool Points the same. By the default schedule or by your schedule, week 17's weight is set to zero, so the Player Pool only shows 16 weeks worth of points. You can use the weekly weights to set your divisional opponents or the playoff weeks to a little heavier weight... say 1.2, this will affect the player pool points too.

Hi Bruce, I am having trouble with the projections in DD. I import my VBD excel projections, and they look correct under projections in the setup, but when I go to the DD windows like Player Pool or Team Data, the points for players (and resulting VBD) are off. For example, my VBD app and Setup projections say Peyton Manning should have 377 points, but the windows give him only 352.4. Where does this number come from (it's also reflected when I try to print cheatsheets). Thanks in advance for the help, Ron

The Player Pool is weighed by the Weekly Weights. Look at the bottom of the Game By Game window. Uncheck the Use Weekly Weights checkbox and click Recalculate. This will make the Player Pool Points the same. By the default schedule or by your schedule, week 17's weight is set to zero, so the Player Pool only shows 16 weeks worth of points. You can use the weekly weights to set your divisional opponents or the playoff weeks to a little heavier weight... say 1.2, this will affect the player pool points too.
AHA! Perfect! Thanks for the speedy help. I'll tweak the playoffs now and see what I get....

Hey Bruce, I can't get the auction values to adjust as players are taken off the board. The auction value always stays the same as the value in the notes. I have the auction setting on in setup. Any ideas?

Hey Bruce, I can't get the auction values to adjust as players are taken off the board. The auction value always stays the same as the value in the notes. I have the auction setting on in setup. Any ideas?

Not sure what you mean by adjust? The values will be the same as the Note 3, unless you tweak the Amt. Paid on the Draft Status window before moving the player to the team. The DynAuction column is the one that adjusts based on extra money in the pool, or less money in the pool as players are bought.

Not sure what you mean by adjust? The values will be the same as the Note 3, unless you tweak the Amt. Paid on the Draft Status window before moving the player to the team. The DynAuction column is the one that adjusts based on extra money in the pool, or less money in the pool as players are bought.
I see, I didn't realize it was the dynasty values that are dynamic based on remaining money. Thanks.

My league has a Second Half draft, where we keep two players then redraft. Is there a way to get updated projections for Draft Dominator?

Thanks!

My league has a Second Half draft, where we keep two players then redraft. Is there a way to get updated projections for Draft Dominator?Thanks!

Yes.1) If you haven't already, download and install the Lineup Dominator.2) Click the File menu, and then the Get Latest Weekly Projections menu option.3) Close the LD, and make sure the DD is closed too.4) Copy the Players.dat, SOS.dat and DepthCharts.dat from your C:\Program Files\LineupDominator subdirectory to your C:\Program Files\DraftDominator subdirectory.5) Startup the Draft Dominator.

Is there an easy process to load the actual 2006 stats into the draft dominator to replace the projections? Early start on preparations for next year. Thanks

My league has a Second Half draft, where we keep two players then redraft. Is there a way to get updated projections for Draft Dominator?Thanks!

Yes.1) If you haven't already, download and install the Lineup Dominator.2) Click the File menu, and then the Get Latest Weekly Projections menu option.3) Close the LD, and make sure the DD is closed too.4) Copy the Players.dat, SOS.dat and DepthCharts.dat from your C:\Program Files\LineupDominator subdirectory to your C:\Program Files\DraftDominator subdirectory.5) Startup the Draft Dominator.
Just tried this. When I open the DD, it shows no projections now. Anyone have a suggestion or can help?

Just tried this. When I open the DD, it shows no projections now. Anyone have a suggestion or can help?
Not me yet. I also attempted that and woound up with no projections.I will try again shortly.

This worked when there were forward projections... the original poster wanted a dominator half-way through the season. It doesn't work so well now, because there is no forward projections.

If you are looking for year end stats to plug in to the Dominator, keep an eye out for a post by Keys Myaths. Last year he created a year end file, and there is a good chance he will again this year.

This worked when there were forward projections... the original poster wanted a dominator half-way through the season. It doesn't work so well now, because there is no forward projections.If you are looking for year end stats to plug in to the Dominator, keep an eye out for a post by Keys Myaths. Last year he created a year end file, and there is a good chance he will again this year.

When it comes out, can somebody please post a link?Thanks,Joel

Any chance you could make it simpler to plug in projection totals, without having to provide the data the system currently needs to generate the totals?

I'd like to plug in generic 'players' (RB1 WR23 QB17) with their average VBD totals for the past couple years. But since I'm approximating the projections based on recent years I'm not worried about yards rushing, passing, TDs, etc.

This would let me enter the scoring system and lineup requirements into the DD, and then use my somewhat qualitative rankings for each position to generate best available picks.

And if there's some way to do this already, I'd be grateful for any help...

Edited by wdcrob

Any chance you could make it simpler to plug in projection totals, without having to provide the data the system currently needs to generate the totals?I'd like to plug in generic 'players' (RB1 WR23 QB17) with their average VBD totals for the past couple years. But since I'm approximating the projections based on recent years I'm not worried about yards rushing, passing, TDs, etc.This would let me enter the scoring system and lineup requirements into the DD, and then use my somewhat qualitative rankings for each position to generate best available picks.And if there's some way to do this already, I'd be grateful for any help...

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to do here... but one idea is zero out the projections... and then fill in your number that you want to use in the TD column. Then on the scoring page, count all TDs as 1. This will essentially multiply your number by 1 for the Projected Fantasy Points.I'd recommend using the built in projections though... this way you can enter your scoring system and league variables, and it will calculate out the projected fantasy points for you. I'd put your numbers in the Note 1 field so that you have them for reference.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to do here... but one idea is zero out the projections... and then fill in your number that you want to use in the TD column. Then on the scoring page, count all TDs as 1. This will essentially multiply your number by 1 for the Projected Fantasy Points.

I've figured out how to do what I want to. Thanks for the help. Edited by wdcrob

When is the new version going to be out? hopefully around end of April?

The NFL Draft is April 28th and 29th. The Draft Dominator release is usually a couple of weeks after that. In the meantime you can use last years stats as a starting point for this year: 2006 Stats for DD

When is the new version going to be out? hopefully around end of April?

The NFL Draft is April 28th and 29th. The Draft Dominator release is usually a couple of weeks after that. In the meantime you can use last years stats as a starting point for this year: 2006 Stats for DD
:thumbup: