Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

:popcorn:

hey Bruce, any status update for projection release, would love to have these in place for my draft next week.

Thanks for all the hard work, love the DD.

Edited by johnnybronco

I think they could at least link the NEW projections to be read by the old DD until they get done with the new one. I know this would satisfy my need to have an updated player listing.

Also, sure its way too late but I'd like to see the ability to right click on a single player and be able to change his projections without going throught the whole setup procedure. You can currently edit your notes on a player but not your projections.

Question for Bruce........Is it possible to change the colors in the Player Pool in the DD? WR's and LB's are too similar in color for me to distinguish. :thumbup::confused:

Question for Bruce........Is it possible to change the colors in the Player Pool in the DD? WR's and LB's are too similar in color for me to distinguish. :crazy::unsure:

Yep, click File - Setup - Colors.

Hey Bruce,

Sorry is this question has been asked somewhere in this thread already. I didn't see it in the FAQ though.

When I run mock drafts I often get teams drafting too many players at a time one position. For instance, currently I'm having a problem with a couple of teams taking too many RBs early. Going into the 5th round these teams have 1 QB, 4 RBs, and 1 WR. It's a start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR league. PPR, standard scoring. Obviously, in a real life standard scoring PPR league where you start 2 WRs, you're not likely to wait till the 7th round to draft your second WR. I can't figure out how to get the mocks to draft the way people would in real life. I've tried changing around values but I just can't get it to seem to mock right.

Also, I should probably note that I'm having this problem now that I'm using keepers (which explains why the teams going into the 5th round have 6 players, as I said above). When I ran a regular mock draft when teams didn't have keepers, it drafted realistically. The two teams that are stockpiling RBs have 1 QB, 1 RB keeper and 2 RB keepers, respectively.

How can I fix this so those two teams draft more realistically?

Thanks,

TLD

ETA: I'm also having a problem with some teams not drafting punters or TDs.

Edited by TheLastDispatch

If you lower your RB to 5 and WR to 6, then it will draft a PK and TD for each team. It might help with the 4 RB & 1 WR problem too. If not, try adjusting the WR baseline to make WRs more valuable. For example, use the baseline Custom Rank and set the ranks to QB=12, RB=24, WR=32, TE=10, PK=2, Def=5.

Or another baseline approach is to figure up how many of each position will be gone by the 100 pick. If you have access to past drafts, then this is fairly easy to do. Then set the ranks to these numbers.

If that still doesn't do it, you may have to adjust the ADP.csv file to be more in line with a PPR league.

I've used the Projections Dominator to update ratings for some players. I did this because my league's have "Rookie Keepers". Those RKs give our league a "Dynasty" flavor, since they cost the owner only his picks at the END of the draft. Because of this RK option, rookies have a significantly higher value than would otherwise be the case. After all, if you could draft a prospect like Laurence Maroney, or Joseph Addai as a rookie, and know that he'd only cost you a Round 17 pick in future years, you'd certainly put him higher on your board than you otherwise would.

So, after updating these rookie ratings, I imported the PD file into the DD file. It worked fine, in terms of updating that data, and moving those players up on the list accordingly. However, it WIPED OUT the data in the "AGE" and "EXP" columns of the DD Player Pool. This data, particularly the "EXP" info, is important to me during the draft. I must, as explained above, be able to quickly identify rookies.

Bruce (or anybody else), any idea why this happened; and if it can be prevented from happening in future updates?

George

I've used the Projections Dominator to update ratings for some players. I did this because my league's have "Rookie Keepers". Those RKs give our league a "Dynasty" flavor, since they cost the owner only his picks at the END of the draft. Because of this RK option, rookies have a significantly higher value than would otherwise be the case. After all, if you could draft a prospect like Laurence Maroney, or Joseph Addai as a rookie, and know that he'd only cost you a Round 17 pick in future years, you'd certainly put him higher on your board than you otherwise would.

So, after updating these rookie ratings, I imported the PD file into the DD file. It worked fine, in terms of updating that data, and moving those players up on the list accordingly. However, it WIPED OUT the data in the "AGE" and "EXP" columns of the DD Player Pool. This data, particularly the "EXP" info, is important to me during the draft. I must, as explained above, be able to quickly identify rookies.

Bruce (or anybody else), any idea why this happened; and if it can be prevented from happening in future updates?

George

This may be fixed in the subscriber release of PD:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...t&p=6820262

If you lower your RB to 5 and WR to 6, then it will draft a PK and TD for each team. It might help with the 4 RB & 1 WR problem too. If not, try adjusting the WR baseline to make WRs more valuable. For example, use the baseline Custom Rank and set the ranks to QB=12, RB=24, WR=32, TE=10, PK=2, Def=5. Or another baseline approach is to figure up how many of each position will be gone by the 100 pick. If you have access to past drafts, then this is fairly easy to do. Then set the ranks to these numbers.If that still doesn't do it, you may have to adjust the ADP.csv file to be more in line with a PPR league.

:) You're the man Bruce!

I think I remember this being an option in years past, but is there a way to have other teams draft using ADP (as opposed to FBG or personal rankings) during a "My Team" mock draft?

I was looking around for that option but can't seem to find it.

Anyone have any ideas?

I think I remember this being an option in years past, but is there a way to have other teams draft using ADP (as opposed to FBG or personal rankings) during a "My Team" mock draft?I was looking around for that option but can't seem to find it.Anyone have any ideas?

Go to File>Setup. On the right side of the Setup window is a box labelled Misc. At the very bottom of the list is the option "Draft Other Teams by ADP" Check that box and then hit the "OK" button.Joel

Maybe I have overlooked this, but can't seem to find the info. How do you remove all rookies from the player pool?

Thanks

Maybe I have overlooked this, but can't seem to find the info. How do you remove all rookies from the player pool? Thanks

On the File - Setup - Projections screen... you can select the rookies one at a time and click the Remove Player button. It might be quicker to do this in the VBD spreadsheet, and then import it into the Draft Dominator.

Maybe I have overlooked this, but can't seem to find the info. How do you remove all rookies from the player pool? Thanks

On the File - Setup - Projections screen... you can select the rookies one at a time and click the Remove Player button. It might be quicker to do this in the VBD spreadsheet, and then import it into the Draft Dominator.
But be advised that when you import the VBD to DD, you will lose all AGE and EXP data. (Unless they have already fixed that bug. - Bruce?)George

Starting with PD 2.0b and DD 8.0b, when the DD imports the PD, it will not lose the Age and Exp data.

No surprise, Bruce. I knew you guys would be right on top of it! You, and the whole crew at FBG, are the best!! :-)Any estimate on the release dates?George

in my league, because of trading, we always end up with some teams having too many draft picks.

it would be great if you could have options other then selecting a player, like 'no pick- over roster limit' or the option of putting in custom selections like that.

last year it was suggested that i add some players named 'no pick' or something like that, and select those with the extra picks, but that messes up the roster limits and position limits, and doesnt really make much sence when you print out the draft summary.

Hey Bruce,

I thought this was asked previously but I couldn't find it. One of my leagues can start a QB at flex, along with WR and RB. If I put the flex at 0 what would the decimals look like for QB,RB,WR?

Lineups are 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, K, TD

Thanks.

Edited by Raskell5

I am trying to import my own ADP into the DD. I exported the adp.csv to excel, changed the ADP list and created an ADP_user.csv. But when I try to import the adp_user.csv file into the DD, the ADP's for all players are blank.

I am getting the following excel error message when I try to save the user file: "adp_user.csv may contain features that are not compatible with CSV

(comma delimited). Do you want to keep the book in this format?"

Any help with this is much appreciated.

Hey Bruce, I thought this was asked previously but I couldn't find it. One of my leagues can start a QB at flex, along with WR and RB. If I put the flex at 0 what would the decimals look like for QB,RB,WR? Lineups are 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, K, TDThanks.

It kind of depends on your scoring system. Do QBs typically score more points than RBs and WRs? If so, you might just set the QB=2. If the points are pretty even between the 3 positions, you might try something like QB=1.3, RB=2.3 and WR=3.3.

I am trying to import my own ADP into the DD. I exported the adp.csv to excel, changed the ADP list and created an ADP_user.csv. But when I try to import the adp_user.csv file into the DD, the ADP's for all players are blank.I am getting the following excel error message when I try to save the user file: "adp_user.csv may contain features that are not compatible with CSV (comma delimited). Do you want to keep the book in this format?"Any help with this is much appreciated.

The two ADP formats are different. The adp.csv has 4 columns (Last name, First Name, Team, and ADP). The ADP_User.csv file only has one column (Position).If you are modifying the adp.csv file and keep the last name, first name, team, and adp columns... then you want to do a Import - ADP. If you are giving a list of positions, one on each line, for example (RB, RB, WR, RB, RB, WR, QB, etc). then you want to do an Import - ADP User.For the "Do you want to keep the book in this format?", select yes. For the ADP_User file you could just use Notepad instead.

Hey Bruce, I thought this was asked previously but I couldn't find it. One of my leagues can start a QB at flex, along with WR and RB. If I put the flex at 0 what would the decimals look like for QB,RB,WR? Lineups are 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, K, TDThanks.

It kind of depends on your scoring system. Do QBs typically score more points than RBs and WRs? If so, you might just set the QB=2. If the points are pretty even between the 3 positions, you might try something like QB=1.3, RB=2.3 and WR=3.3.
Okay. Got it. Thanks for the reply.

First of all, am a 5-year user of FBG, DD, VBD, etc. I live for it. As a quant jock the whole thing speaks to me....

Two questions/requests:

(1) Formatting - I am able to arrange the locations and sizes of all boxes on the screen and those save each time I exit DD so that it looks the same the next time I open DD. The one thing that does NOT save is when I adjust column widths so that I can view more columns/make the boxes a bit smaller to see more of what I want on one screen. Also, there are some columns that cannot be adjusted for whatever reason. These columns that do not adjust are:

Player Pool - ADP

Draft Status - Cannot change the width or height of this box at all, would like to be able to make it smaller

Team Strengths - PK

Team Stats - WR, PK, DEF

Team Data - ADP, Overall

Draft Summary - Selected By

Keeper List - Selected By

Best Value - Dropoff

(2) Also, is there a way to have the option to treat TE's as WR's? Not a huge thing, but in our league we do not have to start TEs, so when they play they are like WRS. This option would help in tracking Team Stats to keep an eye on how many WRs someone has. I realize that that I can just add WR + TE to get my answer, but relaeing back to #1 above it would be 1 less column I need to show, and the more I can view at once the happier I am.

Anything you can do to help would be tremendous. To reiterate, I LOVE this app!!!!!!!

First of all, am a 5-year user of FBG, DD, VBD, etc. I live for it. As a quant jock the whole thing speaks to me....Two questions/requests:(1) Formatting - I am able to arrange the locations and sizes of all boxes on the screen and those save each time I exit DD so that it looks the same the next time I open DD. The one thing that does NOT save is when I adjust column widths so that I can view more columns/make the boxes a bit smaller to see more of what I want on one screen. Also, there are some columns that cannot be adjusted for whatever reason. These columns that do not adjust are:Player Pool - ADPDraft Status - Cannot change the width or height of this box at all, would like to be able to make it smallerTeam Strengths - PKTeam Stats - WR, PK, DEFTeam Data - ADP, OverallDraft Summary - Selected ByKeeper List - Selected ByBest Value - Dropoff(2) Also, is there a way to have the option to treat TE's as WR's? Not a huge thing, but in our league we do not have to start TEs, so when they play they are like WRS. This option would help in tracking Team Stats to keep an eye on how many WRs someone has. I realize that that I can just add WR + TE to get my answer, but relaeing back to #1 above it would be 1 less column I need to show, and the more I can view at once the happier I am.Anything you can do to help would be tremendous. To reiterate, I LOVE this app!!!!!!!

On Item 2, just set your TE starters to 0. This will automatically combine the TEs with the WRs. The Player Pool will have a tab WR+TE.Item 1, will take a little more work. I'll add it to the list.

I am trying to import my own ADP into the DD. I exported the adp.csv to excel, changed the ADP list and created an ADP_user.csv. But when I try to import the adp_user.csv file into the DD, the ADP's for all players are blank.I am getting the following excel error message when I try to save the user file: "adp_user.csv may contain features that are not compatible with CSV (comma delimited). Do you want to keep the book in this format?"Any help with this is much appreciated.

The two ADP formats are different. The adp.csv has 4 columns (Last name, First Name, Team, and ADP). The ADP_User.csv file only has one column (Position).If you are modifying the adp.csv file and keep the last name, first name, team, and adp columns... then you want to do a Import - ADP. If you are giving a list of positions, one on each line, for example (RB, RB, WR, RB, RB, WR, QB, etc). then you want to do an Import - ADP User.For the "Do you want to keep the book in this format?", select yes. For the ADP_User file you could just use Notepad instead.
I am having same problem. Trying to match up my leagues history with ADP but when I import an adp_user.csv with just the one column, the # of players drafted per round stays on track with my history, but all the ADP's go blank...

I am having same problem. Trying to match up my leagues history with ADP but when I import an adp_user.csv with just the one column, the # of players drafted per round stays on track with my history, but all the ADP's go blank...
I think I fixed my problem - had to make sure my codes were QB, RB, WR, Def & PK (I had been using "DEF" and "K"). Seems to have cleared everything up.

Bruce, minor bug, but I noticed if I skip 2 picks by just using "manually add player" to add the "Skip A Pick" guy, then move him to a team, twice, then I right-click in the draft summary the second team that was picked to put "skip a pick" back in the player pool, it actually removes him from the wrong team. I had to remove both then redo them. Came up when two teams missed their deadlines and were leapfrogged, but then the second team skipped came back to make his pick.

Do I have to give the second skipped player a different name, like "Skip A Pick 2"?

First of all, am a 5-year user of FBG, DD, VBD, etc. I live for it. As a quant jock the whole thing speaks to me....Two questions/requests:(1) Formatting - I am able to arrange the locations and sizes of all boxes on the screen and those save each time I exit DD so that it looks the same the next time I open DD. The one thing that does NOT save is when I adjust column widths so that I can view more columns/make the boxes a bit smaller to see more of what I want on one screen. Also, there are some columns that cannot be adjusted for whatever reason. These columns that do not adjust are:Player Pool - ADPDraft Status - Cannot change the width or height of this box at all, would like to be able to make it smallerTeam Strengths - PKTeam Stats - WR, PK, DEFTeam Data - ADP, OverallDraft Summary - Selected ByKeeper List - Selected ByBest Value - Dropoff(2) Also, is there a way to have the option to treat TE's as WR's? Not a huge thing, but in our league we do not have to start TEs, so when they play they are like WRS. This option would help in tracking Team Stats to keep an eye on how many WRs someone has. I realize that that I can just add WR + TE to get my answer, but relaeing back to #1 above it would be 1 less column I need to show, and the more I can view at once the happier I am.Anything you can do to help would be tremendous. To reiterate, I LOVE this app!!!!!!!

On Item 2, just set your TE starters to 0. This will automatically combine the TEs with the WRs. The Player Pool will have a tab WR+TE.Item 1, will take a little more work. I'll add it to the list.
Formatting problem solved - the reason why the width of any particular column cannot be adjusted only occurs if there is a hidden column to the right of that column. So by attempting to WIDEN the column that you wish to shrink, you will first expose any hidden columns (i.e. auction or IDP in leagues that do not use these features). Then you can shrink the column desired and then re-hide those originally hidden columns.

Quick question on version 8.0d and auction values. When I put in my scoring and turn on auction with 300 bucks and use Joes Secret Method on the VBD Baseline Setup Tab, it values LT at 196, which is way high. Switching to Maurile's method on the VBD Baseline tab puts LT's value at a more reasonable 124, but the numbers using Joe's option seem broken.

Scoring is .05 per yard rushing and receiving, .01333 per passing, 5/pass td, 6/rush td, 2pt bonus for both over 40yds, 3 bonus for 100 rush/rec yd and 300 pass yd, .33 per reception

So is this an error or am I missing something about the changes that explains this?

Quick question on version 8.0d and auction values. When I put in my scoring and turn on auction with 300 bucks and use Joes Secret Method on the VBD Baseline Setup Tab, it values LT at 196, which is way high. Switching to Maurile's method on the VBD Baseline tab puts LT's value at a more reasonable 124, but the numbers using Joe's option seem broken.Scoring is .05 per yard rushing and receiving, .01333 per passing, 5/pass td, 6/rush td, 2pt bonus for both over 40yds, 3 bonus for 100 rush/rec yd and 300 pass yd, .33 per receptionSo is this an error or am I missing something about the changes that explains this?

Joe's method is designed for normal redraft leagues, and has been the standard since the VBD app was created. This year we completely redesigned the auction values based on Maurile's Auction Pricing article (click Help - Auction Pricing to see the article). Maurile's method was added explicitly to support auction leagues. In fact, when you turn on Auction Support, it gets checked by default. Bottom line, use Maurile's method for auctions.

Not sure where to put this so let me know if I messed up.

Is it possible to incorporate the Trade Analyzer to the tool? Maybe I can do it now and just don't know. maybe it is too pie in the sky. But thought I would ask.

Here is what I am thinking. I am in a dynasty league. i would like to be able to say I am trading certain player for others before the draft and see which set of players give me the most value going into the draft taking into account where I am drafting and who should be available. Also, if I could include trading of picks that would be great.

The best way to see the players values is to turn on the auction support. This gives a dollar amount to each player that you can use to see if trades are fair.

To trade picks, adjust the File - Setup - Pick Order. During the draft you can trade picks by right clicking on the player in either the Draft Summary, Player Pool, or Team Data windows and selecting a new team for the player.

I am new to DD and am having trouble understanding how to use the "Best Value Pick" window. The user manual is not complete enough and the index part of it does not seem to be functioning properly. Is there a more complete explanation of the various fields in the Best Value Pick window and how to use them?

Edited by tedwawrzyniak

Quick question on version 8.0d and auction values. When I put in my scoring and turn on auction with 300 bucks and use Joes Secret Method on the VBD Baseline Setup Tab, it values LT at 196, which is way high. Switching to Maurile's method on the VBD Baseline tab puts LT's value at a more reasonable 124, but the numbers using Joe's option seem broken.Scoring is .05 per yard rushing and receiving, .01333 per passing, 5/pass td, 6/rush td, 2pt bonus for both over 40yds, 3 bonus for 100 rush/rec yd and 300 pass yd, .33 per receptionSo is this an error or am I missing something about the changes that explains this?

Joe's method is designed for normal redraft leagues, and has been the standard since the VBD app was created. This year we completely redesigned the auction values based on Maurile's Auction Pricing article (click Help - Auction Pricing to see the article). Maurile's method was added explicitly to support auction leagues. In fact, when you turn on Auction Support, it gets checked by default. Bottom line, use Maurile's method for auctions.
I've attempted to find Maurile's article but it doesn't seem to be on the articles page and the help-auction pricing method doesn't return any hits.My concern is the numbers that Maurile uses (by position). I'd like to adjust them for my leagues rules and my own style of constructing a team. I don't have a reference for what the numbers represent though.Could I get a quick synopsis of the numbers function or a link to the article?

Be sure to check out the two Maurile links in the Draft Dominator Master Thread pinned at the top of this forum. There is additional tweaking available that you can do for each of the top players at each of the positions...

Take a peek at this thread: Best Value

If that doesn't answer your question, there is another link in the Draft Dominator Master Thread pinned at the top of this forum.

Thanks. That answered my question. How come my "Next Pick" shows up as being 3.01? I have entered my pick order. I am picking 1.02 and then at 2.02 (10 - team keeper league), but DD does not seem to recognize this. Edited by tedwawrzyniak

I downloaded DD to my desktop last year and used it in 2 different drafts. I really liked it and plan on using it again this year.

The question: Do I have to download DD again or can I simply update my current DD and the new applications will automatically be updated on my current DD?

Thanks in advance!

You have to download and install DD again this year to get the 2007 player pool.This years DD should open your league files from last year.

Thanks!

I'm noticing my mock draft is going a little different than I'm used to. It's picking almost straight from the ADP list without much concern for need--I've got teams picking 3 WRs or 2 QBs in the 4th before a second RB, drafting both by the default ADP and by my user_adp file. Is that normal--should I tweak up my user_adp to compensate?

I didn't change the mock draft stuff in the last release. I'm not sure why you are seeing a difference.

Hadn't run a mock in this league since maybe 4.0b, but, could be my user_adp file or something. Behavior just isn't what I'm used to.

The points on the player pool page in the points column doesn't match the points on the projections page in the fantasy points column under setup. When I open a new file P. Manning has 317 on the player pool page. and 340 on the projections page. After entering my scoring system, He has 287.5 on the player pool and 308 on the projections.

This caught my eye because on this new version (g) Willie Parker has jumped to #3 RB. J. Addai is at #6 but has better projected stats.

Please check this out and let me know